Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rudest celeb you've met?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Niall Tobin. Served him in a Spar ten tears ago and he was dour.

Niamh from Fair City, scowl.

Bryan McFadden, didn't recognise him in Whelan's so asked him where the loo was. His bouncer dashed between us.."Move away" ..sheesh.

Saw Ronan Keating on Grafton St and said hi cos I thought I knew him. "I don't know you" he said. He'd have looked down on me if he wasn't a midget.

Six did a signing at a music shop I worked in. They were all nice but Linda Martin was with them and she was a demon.

Damien Rice supposed to be an unbelievable cnut. Lead singer from Bell X1 isn't great either.

The Revs, poor things, were lovely.

I was in an alterations shop and Johnny Logan marched in and dropped his trousers. "I've nothing to be proud of and nothing to be ashamed of either" he said. Twas gas!

The worst ever were some boyband whose name I can't remember. Twas about ten years ago. One of em was going out with Samantha Mumba. They were wearing black leather trenchcoats and slathered in fake tan. The one next to me had a big hair growing out a mole.

Quite often you'll find, the smaller the celebrity, the bigger the cnut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Robbie Williams two or three years ago. Plank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭PrettyBoy

Saw Ronan Keating on Grafton St and said hi cos I thought I knew him. "I don't know you" he said. He'd have looked down on me if he wasn't a midget.

I met him a good few years ago and he was very nice, was only happy to talk to myself and a few others for a minute.

Colin Farrell is bang on, got his autograph the first time I met him. Have seen him out and about a couple of times since.

Met John Lithgow outside The Shelbourne Hotel last year, very nice guy, said he was filming a movie here, not sure if it's out yet though :confused:

Not sure if anyone will remember the Irish guy who won the second or third series of Big Brother (pretty sure his name is Brian), but I met him over in London a couple of months after he won. He was a TV presenter at the time and he was recording something just off Oxford Street when I saw him. I said "Howya Brian" as I was passing and he stopped what he was doing and talked to us for a minute. Seemed delighted to hear a Dublin accent in the middle of London!

There might be one or two others, can't think at the moment...anyways, not all celebrities are pricks!

No but that's the name of the thread :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭not_xanthor

Samantha Mumba, just plain rude.

I used to know somebody who's significant other worked in Brown Thomas.

There was a story about Mumba, A dress she wanted to "borrow", and the "do you know who i am?" line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭uvox

Twink. What a wagon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,944 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Sure does seem like Twink is a grade 1 cnut

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭jim69

went to toilet in jurys ballsbridge years back,opened cubicle door which wasant locked,greeted by the sight and grunting noises of van morrison with his overcoat on the floor,the most vile smell ive ever come across,hes horrible,met sam rockwell and christopher walken in new york recently after show,nice enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭lalee17

Paddy Casey, (if you could call him a celebrity:rolleyes:). Met him in RTE, just said hi to him politely, and for no good reason gave me a filthy look and ignored me.

Fúck you Paddy Casey, fúck you.

drank with john aldridge afew times and sat beside him on flight,very nice guy,enjoys a guinness or two

• Advertisement

had to do some work in brendan courneys apartment,quiet guy,no problems,portrait of him in toilet as a roman centurian

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Quite often you'll find, the smaller the celebrity, the bigger the cnut.

Truth. There's something about a certain tiny little degree of success that seems to send C list Irish celebrities out of their fecking minds. And I have to say, any celebrity rudeness I've witnessed comes almost solely from Irish ones. In my experience they've tended to treat the people around them with a very marked lack of manners compared to their international counterparts.

A little bit less famous, and they're still grateful for the attention. A little bit more famous, and they know better than to waste their time being knobs to everyone. But that horrible semi-famous Irish celebrity circuit seems to breed a remarkable over-abundance of ****.

jim69 wrote: »
    portrait of him in toilet as a roman centurian
    That's gas. I like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

PrettyBoy wrote: »
    Not sure if anyone will remember the Irish guy who won the second or third series of Big Brother (pretty sure his name is Brian), but I met him over in London a couple of months after he won. He was a TV presenter at the time and he was recording something just off Oxford Street when I saw him. I said "Howya Brian" as I was passing and he stopped what he was doing and talked to us for a minute. Seemed delighted to hear a Dublin accent in the middle of London!

Hmmm...I rather suspect it's something else if your username is anything to go by.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

PomBear wrote: »
    Packie Bonnars meant to be a right arsehole

not true, everyone has their bad days.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Glen Hansard - I wouldn't cross the road to watch him sing/act/do whatever. Met him once and not a nice guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭SherryD

Bryan McFadden, didn't recognise him in Whelan's so asked him where the loo was. His bouncer dashed between us.."Move away" ..sheesh.

Why the hell was Bryan McFadden in Whelans???

SherryD wrote: »
    Why the hell was Bryan McFadden in Whelans???
    Ha ha, good point. Believe it or not, he was performing, though I didn't know this at the time. Twas around the time that sh*te first single was out. I bumped into him upstairs. I think they were doing the place up at the time. Members of his band were in the old smoking area afterwards, wearing laminated pictures of him around their necks. They were dead sound.

Ha ha, good point. Believe it or not, he was performing, though I didn't know this at the time. Twas around the time that sh*te first single was out. I bumped into him upstairs. I think they were doing the place up at the time. Members of his band were in the old smoking area afterwards, wearing laminated pictures of him around their necks. They were dead sound.

Now I'm thinking he was pissed off because none of his "fans" knew where Whelans was...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Rud

Tom O'Brannigan in RTE back in the 90s.what a complete tool

• Advertisement

You're a sharp lady. I don't think there was anyone there. The place was certainly empty when they opened it up later on.

Rud wrote: »
    Tom O'Brannigan in RTE back in the 90s.what a complete tool
    Ha, completely forgot he existed. That'll teach him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭vodafoneproblem

Senator Joe O'Toole. Said he'd only sign an autograph if I had a brown envelope. Who wants an autograph on a brown envelope???
    Richard Dawkins. I couldn't believe what an ignorant prat he was.
    I exchanged a few pleasantries with Brent Pope once. He semed nice. Ditto Paul Mcgrath. I've yet to read about anyone having anything but a pleasant encounter with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,165 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Was he wearing a Nirvana t-Shirt? Remember hearing that, really felt sorry for the guy....he packed in Westlife and launched his solo career in whelans wearing a Nirvana t-shirt as if he was instantly going to crossover to the alternative side.

Was he wearing a Nirvana t-Shirt? Remember hearing that, really felt sorry for the guy....he packed in Westlife and launched his solo career in whelans wearing a Nirvana t-shirt as if he was instantly going to crossover to the alternative side.

I think he may have been, certainly some kind of alternative referency tshirt :) I would feel sorry for him but he was soo rude!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 impossiblesuzie

Robbie Williams without a shadow of a doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 751 ✭✭✭greenie

Ha, completely forgot he existed. That'll teach him.

LOL:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 emmax

my friend went to xfactor and said holly the one for xtrafactor was very rude!

Senator Joe O'Toole. Said he'd only sign an autograph if I had a brown envelope. Who wants an autograph on a brown envelope???
    Richard Dawkins. I couldn't believe what an ignorant prat he was.
    I exchanged a few pleasantries with Brent Pope once. He semed nice. Ditto Paul Mcgrath. I've yet to read about anyone having anything but a pleasant encounter with him.

The man just screams ignorant prat in fairness!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

Glen Hansard - I wouldn't cross the road to watch him sing/act/do whatever. Met him once and not a nice guy.

His idol is van morrisson ...... says it all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭neil_18_

gscully wrote: »
    Hmmm...I rather suspect it's something else if your username is anything to go by.

This made me laugh out loud haha...

My brother met Niall Quinn while he was working in Dublin airport...He told him i was a football fan and he gave my brother his sunglasses to give to me:D

Also Elton John gave him an autograph for my Da!

He has had pints with Damien Dempsey and Christy Dignam and they are really really sound! Damien Dempsey had great things to say about Bono too.

As for me the closest thing ive got to seeing a celeb was martin king walking past me on grafton:(

Gary Neville never gives autogrpahs after matches, príck:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 468 ✭✭snowy2008

i met dara o'brien once, really inflated opinon of himself, not impressed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 471 ✭✭Cunsiderthis

I met the man who used to run the newsagent on clare street in dublin, and he was very rude to a customer. how do I know if the newsagent was a celebrity or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭PatsyStone

LOL, I really thought I'd be the only one to say ROG, but obviously I'm not alone. But he can be alright at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,332 ✭✭✭Archeron

the bloke that plays Charlie in Fair City.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I met the man who used to run the newsagent on clare street in dublin, and he was very rude to a customer. how do I know if the newsagent was a celebrity or not?

Eh sorrry but l need to ask you a serious question....are you actually nuts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Gerry Ryan the biggest prick you could ever meet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

Definetly Gerry Ryan i said hello Gerry at the O2 the night of the Bernard Dunne fight, he asked me who was i, i said i was airhorn off the boards he replied fck you airhorn,

what a cnut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,165 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

airhorn wrote: »
    Definetly Gerry Ryan i said hello Gerry at the O2 the night of the Bernard Dunne fight, he asked me who was i, i said i was airhorn off the boards he replied fck you airhorn,

what a cnut.
    ha that's funny to be honest!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,708 ✭✭✭Speak Now

sharon ni bheolain

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Fabien Barthez- A right prick. Outside old trafford as they walk in the squad would stop and sign a few programs. He stood there with two girls and looked at the crowd for about 5 mins then went inside. A right prick.
    Although on the same day David May spent AGES signing autographs. He signed every single one and there was a fair crowd there. Not exactly famous but everyone really appreciated him taking the time. Most players signed 5/6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

Ozzie wrote: »
    Aonghus McAnally is apparently very nice!

http://home.connect.ie/helens/pics2/aongh.jpg

yeah hes sound nice met him in the point around 2001 we were at a Beck gig and hes right up the front rockin along:) i was like hello&he was all smiles, well it was a beck gig so everybody was happy

also met bosco once in a hotel, so bloody rude &you could see the coke trails on his nose from his previous nights frollicking with hookers, anyway he was paying and i asked him did he enjoy his stay he told me to f**k off, so i said Shag off yourself u C**t and get back in ur box you cokehead, some of these cleb's dont remember the little people who made them...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    Fabien Barthez- A right prick. Outside old trafford as they walk in the squad would stop and sign a few programs. He stood there with two girls and looked at the crowd for about 5 mins then went inside. A right prick.
    Although on the same day David May spent AGES signing autographs. He signed every single one and there was a fair crowd there. Not exactly famous but everyone really appreciated him taking the time. Most players signed 5/6.

His not signing autographs does not make him a prick, no matter how many autographs David May signed.

Samantha Mumba, was in Barcode a few years ago (As she'd regularly be) and my female friend noticed her (she was wearing a baseball cap so as "not" to be noticed) but didnt recognise her at once, thought she was "maybe someone i was in school with or something". So my friend went over and said "We know each other don't we? I can't quite put my finger on it". At this point she jestured toward her "security" who ushered my friend away from Miss Mumba. Ridiculous!

Later that night one of her "security" guys came over to where we were sitting (in one of the booth type things) and said "Miss Mumba and her party would like to sit here, could you please move somewhere else?". HAHAHAHA! That more than made up for the fact she was rude in the first place.

what a cnut.

I too was at the Bernard Dunne fight and also met Gerry. he told me that he's been approached by what he described as an ageing hippy with long greasy hair and spots who claimed to be someone from boards. So taken aback was Gerry and his friends by the smell of BO that he had to turn away to prevent himself and his friends all vomiting from the pungent aroma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭airhorn

I too was at the Bernard Dunne fight and also met Gerry. he told me that he's been approached by what he described as an ageing hippy with long greasy hair and spots who claimed to be someone from boards. So taken aback was Gerry and his friends by the smell of BO that he had to turn away to prevent himself and his friends all vomiting from the pungent aroma.

Thats a wonder, because he does be allways banging on about how he is great friends with that crowd on the radio, even claims that he's show is the number one radio show listened to by them, but hey...thats just probably him bullsh!ting again as usual.

Do you have a day job at all Cunsiderdis because it seems all you do be doing is browseing the whole the boards looking for anyone that happens to think that the sun does'nt shine out of Gerrys hole & then have a crack at them.

Ye'd get on mighty id say, if ye dont allready that is....

Do you have a day job at all Cunsiderdis because it seems all you do be doing is ...

Isn't "do be doing" something some guys sing about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

friends all vomiting from the pungent aroma.

Well now you know once food goes down Gerry's cavernous maw he'd be very loathe to bring it back up again..his weight might slip under the 25 stone mark and none of his cheap suits would fit him anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

MrStuffins wrote: »
    His not signing autographs does not make him a prick, no matter how many autographs David May signed.

Samantha Mumba, was in Barcode a few years ago (As she'd regularly be) and my female friend noticed her (she was wearing a baseball cap so as "not" to be noticed) but didnt recognise her at once, thought she was "maybe someone i was in school with or something". So my friend went over and said "We know each other don't we? I can't quite put my finger on it". At this point she jestured toward her "security" who ushered my friend away from Miss Mumba. Ridiculous!

Later that night one of her "security" guys came over to where we were sitting (in one of the booth type things) and said "Miss Mumba and her party would like to sit here, could you please move somewhere else?". HAHAHAHA! That more than made up for the fact she was rude in the first place.

I hope you didn't move for the bitch! Same thing happened to us years ago in Tamangoes (don't judge me!), she wanted to sit where we were sitting, we told her and her "people" to fcuk off. Where is she now, nowhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,256 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Michael B wrote: »
    I hope you didn't move for the bitch! Same thing happened to us years ago in Tamangoes (don't judge me!), she wanted to sit where we were sitting, we told her and her "people" to fcuk off. Where is she now, nowhere!

Of course we didn't move hahaha! Not a hope!

And i wouldn't mind, but this was about 5 years after she had even been in a newspaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87 ✭✭PrismES

Rudest Celeb (if you can call her that) Kathleen Watkins (Gay Byrnes Wife)

By far the nicest celeb or person I ever met was the late Paul Newman, a perfect gentleman and so down to earth.

• Advertisement
Advertisement