Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Tesco Bargains [No Off-Topic Chat - See Post #1]

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Have to say. Well pleased with my dab radio. Sounds terrible but perfect for the garage where I get no FM signal.

You can't get an FM signal- but the signal strength is sufficient for DAB? I'm genuinely confused? DAB- as a generalisation- probably needs far higher and cleaner signal than does ordinary FM radio....... I'm the other way around here- poor FM- but no DAB- and most certainly no TV signal. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

You can't get an FM signal- but the signal strength is sufficient for DAB? I'm genuinely confused? DAB- as a generalisation- probably needs far higher and cleaner signal than does ordinary FM radio....... I'm the other way around here- poor FM- but no DAB- and most certainly no TV signal. :confused:

Sorry. Should have mentioned. My old radio had a broken antenna.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Tesco Ballybrack

Technika DAB Radio White Model DR1301W marked as €36 scanning €6.5 -3 left.
    Few portable Technika speakers for €6 something.
    Tesco alarm clock radio small one - €7
    Technika PowerBank charger Market €16 , scanning at €4.5

also as mentioned before 32 and 40" LCD TVs for €199 and €299

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

As said previously items like technika are worth scanning, this bluetooth speaker is sel for 15- scans at 5.79

unnamed1wryt.jpgunnamed1huqon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Everyday Value photo paper 6"x4" 100 sheets
    Reduced from €9.99 down to 99c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Everyday Value photo paper 6"x4" 100 sheets
    Reduced from €9.99 down to 99c.

some things just aren't worth the bargain... give me the quilted soft stuff all the time please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭dashcamdanny

I tried the value photo paper once, but I found it very this and it curled up a bit. I guess for the reduced price its worth it though.

Jaysus, you remember the aul greaseproof tracing paper you used to get places..... no way, certain comforts in life are just worth paying for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭Kat1170

stevieob wrote: »
    some things just aren't worth the bargain... give me the quilted soft stuff all the time please
    stevieob wrote: »
    Jaysus, you remember the aul greaseproof tracing paper you used to get places..... no way, certain comforts in life are just worth paying for.

You do realise that its PHOTO paper not TOILET paper :confused::confused::D:p

Kat1170 wrote: »
    You do realise that its PHOTO paper not TOILET paper :confused::confused::D:p

LMAO

I wonder do they have any cheap reading glasses going????? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭Rackstar

Lots of bargains in Naas Extra

Got a shower head 1.43 Lots of them there
    Kids Top Trumps 3.99 -> 1.25
    Travel Monopoly / Cluedo etc 9.99 -> 2.50

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Stopped into Oranmore and Ballinasloe Tescos today to pick up these bargains, nothin, not a thing, I think Tesco know when I'm coming...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Tesco Wexford have 6 pack HB Brunch for €3, reduced from €5.25

But no sign of shredder which is what I went in to see if they had one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 875 ✭✭✭laros

Shredders are back in Tullamore ... One for €15ish and one for around €10

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Niveus Tauri

Tesco Stillorgan , yesterday

white leather look retro radios for €12 - about 6-7 on the shelf , after someone in front of me grabbed 4 of them :)
    Fellows h6c shredder at full price 39.99 .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Tesco Naas

2 Belkin N300 routers reduced to about €15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

Technika 5200mah scanning at €4.03 good few left in douglas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭leck

pogsick wrote: »
    Is this just for the iPhone or will it work with other devices too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

ah badly need a new router. typical that castlebar never has any deals. I've never seen 1 of these deals in there. anyone know if any of the Mayo stores are any better?

• Advertisement

RossieMan wrote: »
    ah badly need a new router. typical that castlebar never has any deals. I've never seen 1 of these deals in there. anyone know if any of the Mayo stores are any better?
    I've found some deals in Castlebar but find Claremorris is better. Today in Claremorris I saw a number of the Technika mini speakers BT1301. I didn't see any routers although I wasn't looking specifically for those.

I looked high up and low down for the Technika 5200mAh Powerbank but didn't find it. I thought it would be with computer accessories, but also looked next to phones, phone cases and next to headsets. Even checked batter endcap and there were none there either. Where are the rest of you finding these?

EDITED TO ADD: Rossie, I sent you a PM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 367 ✭✭pogsick

leck wrote: »
    Is this just for the iPhone or will it work with other devices too?

It has a standard use plug on the side so it should charge anything with a usb cable on one end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

It has a standard use plug on the side so it should charge anything with a usb cable on one end

Got a pic of it? Im actually looking for now of these at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭ncur

Got a pic of it? Im actually looking for now of these at the moment.

Have copied photo from thread posted on hukd, so isn't very big or very good quality but you'll get the idea!

Also this ebay listing has photos, I'm in no way affiliated with the sale of this item, just an fyi!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technika-Power-Bank-5200mAh-BRAND-NEW-SEALED-/221535642576?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33948da3d0

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭colcatscar

Magicbox Prism DAB radio. One blue one left in tesco extra Naas, scans at €10. Also one Belkin N300 router left scanning at €18.60 odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

€6 850g tin.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,194 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

danjo-xx wrote: »

Hate them now, give me the ye olde timey trans fat heart clogging teeth pulling chocolates of the late 1980s, these soya hippie save the rainforest ones ain't the same. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Why do they only give money off rubbish that you wouldn't be buying?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

leck wrote: »
    I've found some deals in Castlebar but find Claremorris is better. Today in Claremorris I saw a number of the Technika mini speakers BT1301. I didn't see any routers although I wasn't looking specifically for those.

I looked high up and low down for the Technika 5200mAh Powerbank but didn't find it. I thought it would be with computer accessories, but also looked next to phones, phone cases and next to headsets. Even checked batter endcap and there were none there either. Where are the rest of you finding these?

EDITED TO ADD: Rossie, I sent you a PM.

I found a single one of these yesterday in Deerpark Killarney Tesco in the midst of a bunch of Tesco-branded power banks that are exactly the same device just in different coloured packaging! The Tesco ones were priced €14 odd but the Technika one did indeed scan at €4.03.

I also picked up a small Technika-branded Bluetooth audio receiver (only one there) that converts 30-pin iPhone/iPod docking stations into Bluetooth speakers for the princely sum of €1.40!

And a Technika DAB personal stereo (DAB213PT) for €6.89 (again, the only one there).

BTW, thanks to everyone for all the tip-offs!

Hate them now, give me the ye olde timey trans fat heart clogging teeth pulling chocolates of the late 1980s, these soya hippie save the rainforest ones ain't the same. :P

Try the fudge- that has to be the biggest let-down of all.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 584 ✭✭✭et101

Sadly I'm old enough to remember when they were Irish Rose and came in a card container with a big yellow rose on the the box. Only ever saw them when the teacher brought a box in to share on the day we got our Christmas holidays and they were delicious!!!! All the chocs now seem to be more crumbly than creamy (or it may just be my taste buds are knackered!) ;)

• Advertisement

danjo-xx wrote: »

this year's one is 780g, so that would be last year's stock

Try the fudge- that has to be the biggest let-down of all.......
    Ah, Conductor, you're derailing the thread. But to continue on the same track, there's nothing to beat homemade fudge - just good butter, cream and sugar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭Soarer

fudge_packers_apron_iron_on_by_michaeldavidbishop-d311fcs.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

this year's one is 780g, so that would be last year's stock

Used to be 908g once if my memory is correct. Do they think we won't notice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Got 2 xquisit mini speakers on my way home from Dublin City Centre earlier in Clearwater. Was quite happy with my purchases until I got home and opened the boxes to find no speakers inside. Not at all happy or impressed!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,518 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Got 2 xquisit mini speakers on my way home from Dublin City Centre earlier in Clearwater. Was quite happy with my purchases until I got home and opened the boxes to find no speakers inside. Not at all happy or impressed!!!!!
    Did you not notice that the boxes were 'a bit' light?

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Esel wrote: »
    Did you not notice that the boxes were 'a bit' light?

Not really tbh, the boxes are made of very heavy card board and there's a couple of layers of it - anyone who has one will know what I mean. Plus the speakers themselves are so small I didn't exactly expect them to weigh a tonne. Seriously annoyed though as it's way out of my way to go back and return them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

VTech Pop and Play Elephant €14.99, saw two in Roxboro Limerick. Other Vtech toys reduced by 25% or 33%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭lazeedaisy

et101 wrote: »
    Sadly I'm old enough to remember when they were Irish Rose and came in a card container with a big yellow rose on the the box. Only ever saw them when the teacher brought a box in to share on the day we got our Christmas holidays and they were delicious!!!! All the chocs now seem to be more crumbly than creamy (or it may just be my taste buds are knackered!) ;)

It's the soy that makes them sh1t.

Not worth buying them even if they were free,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Got one of these today. Plugged it into two chargers so far and only 1 blue light lighting and its not charging. anyone else got a problem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭brophs

I saw one of those white leather Technika DAB radios in Carlow if anyone wants it. On the right beside the printers and headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭CH3OH

IDShot_225x225.jpg
    322767.jpg

In a reduced(:)) section in Arklow

Thankfully, Tesco didn't apply the 3 for €3 " offer"

CH3OH wrote: »
    IDShot_225x225.jpg
    322767.jpg

In a reduced(:)) section in Arklow

Thankfully, Tesco didn't apply the 3 for €3 " offer"

Avoid- read 'reduced taste' for 'reduced salt'.......
    It doesn't work........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Got one of these today. Plugged it into two chargers so far and only 1 blue light lighting and its not charging. anyone else got a problem?
    Try a different cable.

Avoid- read 'reduced taste' for 'reduced salt'.......
    It doesn't work........
    If you are depending on salt for taste, then there's probably not much food value in the soup anyway.

Saw some bike accessories on sale today:
    Via Velo 2 stage Pump and Gauge 3.63
    Tesco activeequipment 3 Function LED Cycle Light Set 2.19

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Ordin73

Quality Street Matchmakers cool mint 130g reduced from €3.50 to 87 cents :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭brian ireland

Marhay70 wrote: »
    Try a different cable.

Thanks I did. I think its a dud the other one worked. I didn't want to open the second one but I was forced to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Ordin73 wrote: »
    Quality Street Matchmakers cool mint 130g reduced from €3.50 to 87 cents :)
    Is that store specific or is it nationwide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭MB05

Is that store specific or is it nationwide?

I got them today in Jervis.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement