Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63DV Bell Fault 22 call engineer

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭clvk07

The battery seems about 6.5 V ( checked with the multimeter ) don't think is dead

• Registered Users Posts: 11,654 ✭✭✭✭altor

clvk07 wrote: »
    I checked and the tamper switch which is meant to be down I think it was up, so not sure if that is the reason why the alarm didn't go off.

When I removed the battery and connected the Sab back I got sab fault. I didn't remove the sab with command 73 when I took down the bell. So The SAB should work without the battery?

Thanks

When you removed the bell you should of got the sab fault.
    The system is only monitoring the battery in the control panel, not in the bell itself. When you have it removed it can be programmed out of the system. When you put it back up you can re enroll it back on the system.

altor wrote: »
    When you removed the bell you should of got the sab fault.
    The system is only monitoring the battery in the control panel, not in the bell itself. When you have it removed it can be programmed out of the system. When you put it back up you can re enroll it back on the system.

Ye but when I put back the sab without battery, the alarm didn't let me out engineering mode as it was complaining about sab.

So if I understood right, tomorrow I will put the sab back, ( without battery ) re-add the sab into the system with command 73 changing ID from 0 to 1 and the alarm should work? ( I can leave the tamper switch up I suppose or needs to go down? )

Ye but when I put back the sab without battery, the alarm didn't let me out engineering mode as it was complaining about sab.

So if I understood right, tomorrow I will put the sab back, ( without battery ) re-add the sab into the system with command 73 changing ID from 0 to 1 and the alarm should work? ( I can leave the tamper switch up I suppose or needs to go down? )

On the back of the sab there is two switches. One marked battery and the other one is in the center. This is the tamper switch. When you cut the cable to the battery and put the bell back up it should have no effect o the sab. Go into command 73 and re enroll the sab. You should not get a fault.

altor wrote: »
    On the back of the sab there is two switches. One marked battery and the other one is in the center. This is the tamper switch. When you cut the cable to the battery and put the bell back up it should have no effect o the sab. Go into command 73 and re enroll the sab. You should not get a fault.

Sorry the one marked battery was pulled up. I thought I had to pull it up to stop the sab to ring ) Should It be down?

• Advertisement

Sorry the one marked battery was pulled up. I thought I had to pull it up to stop the sab to ring ) Should It be down?

It will be pushed in when the sab is in place on the wall.

Tried few more things eg. Sab connected directly to the panel and still no joy. (ie. sab is not being recognized ).

Today I grabbed an S22 and HKC sab. Just tried the S22 by itself and panel gives me the option to add it in.

This is the wiring of the HKC

I was wondering where I have to connect 4 and 6 from the S22.

Do I have to remove the tamper resistor on the HKC connection? or the tamper end of line which I do not require is something else?

Sorry here the picture of HKC

https: // wwwDOTdropboxDOTcom/s/32g1eal83w604sc/HKC-S22.png?dl=0

just replace dot....

Advertisement