Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cool Things, Pictures, Media and so forth

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Rumour is that Cersei and Bronn have to be kept apart. Not very fond of each other.

Didn't realize they were an item before. Jaime won't be happy, I mean, Lancel is one thing but...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Didn't realize they were an item before. Jaime won't be happy, I mean, Lancel is one thing but...

Damn! He was tapping Cersei ?!! Bronn done alright for himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,344 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Next it'll be Moon Boy if she keeps up like this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Now that its out in the open, nice little comic strip here (based on the book) of last nights action.

WARNING : Do not click if you havent watched last night's episode, The Mountain and The Viper.

[URL=]http://mccomseycomix.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/the-red-viper-vs-the-mountain-that-rides-a-12-page-comic/[/URL]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Mc9XjUv.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

irO48hm.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,751 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Murlough bay is in northern ireland?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMPpnCvCZvw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

irO48hm.gif

Should have been a similar scene in last night's episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,354 ✭✭✭naughto

10325724_901173313242042_966565822264546510_n.jpg

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Interesting video about the visual effects in the show: http://vimeo.com/100095868

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Interesting video about the visual effects in the show: http://vimeo.com/100095868

Saw that video over the weekend. It shows how much of the budget is spent on CGI, not just on the major set pieces, but pretty much every outdoor scene uses it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

For those who like to indulge in cosplay... :D
    It's so pretty!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Very impressive Robert vs Rhaegar cosplay....

HzcmVNT.jpg

VfeF6LQ.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/z7yNQ

More pics in that album.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

J. Marston wrote: »
    Very impressive Robert vs Rhaegar cosplay....

More pics in that album.

Holy shít they are works of art. We need a prequel...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

GerB40 wrote: »

Definitely.

Usually I hate prequels but a Game Of Thrones one couldn't fail. So much brilliant backstory to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

J. Marston wrote: »
    Definitely.

Usually I hate prequels but a Game Of Thrones one couldn't fail. So much brilliant backstory to work with.

It's unique in the sense that the history of Westeros is often more interesting than the current events. Even Dunk & Egg was marvellous and that was a very centralised story. Realistically though, if there ever was a prequel it would be ghost written. There's no way he could write a satisfying, comprehensive story about pre Roberts Rebellion considering a) he has other books he plans on finishing, b) he wants to venture into sci-fi and c) he says he wants to get into television in more than an advisory role.

Actually now that I think of it b) and c) could be the same project... Regardless, unless GRRM lives to be 150, I doubt a prequel will happen. And I really hope does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

GerB40 wrote: »

I just read this after posting this :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

GRRM must be really stuck, he's doing ads for AIB.

356933.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

GRRM must be really stuck, he's doing ads for AIB.

Dead link?

quad_red wrote: »
    Dead link?

Could be. That's what I get for trying to attach screenshots on mobile boards :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

That notification was on the AIB Mobile app for about 5 months before it updated this week - I think GRRM may have had a hand in the development....

Speedsie wrote: »
    That notification was on the AIB Mobile app for about 5 months before it updated this week - I think GRRM may have had a hand in the development....

If GRRM was developing you'd be lucky to have an update in five years, never mind five months :P

I didn't even know they had released an update, app still works either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Speedsie wrote: »

Suprised we didn't see the Beetle getting tossed into a crusher in the last scene of the advert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up a signed picture of Varys today at Dublin Comic Con for €20, the vendor had loads of different ones no Starks or Lannisters did see a King Robert, Mance and Grand Maester and some Sam but all I could afford was the spider.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

GRRM has updated his not-a-blog with details of the Emmys wins, and made a point of thanking "the dead": all those actors and actresses who have been killed off in the series so far. There certainly many of them. :eek:

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭stesaurus

All men must draw....
    560d4ecc1800005200831750.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,268 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Have you a link for that? Mrs Sleepy would love that as a stocking filler for Christmas :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Sleepy wrote: »
    Have you a link for that? Mrs Sleepy would love that as a stocking filler for Christmas :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Official-Game-Thrones-Coloring-Book/dp/1101965762/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1443722280&sr=1-2

Not out in yet. Its $11 if you've someone coming hone from the States, change the .co.UK to .com

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,396 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Wasn't sure where else to put this, but one of the Game of Thrones graphic novels is a daily deal on kindle today, only 99p! Think it's one of the Dunk & Egg ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Niska

The 'History and Lore' extras from the Season 5 DVDs are up on youtube:

Includes 20 minutes covering the 'Dance of Dragons'.

Clip of Liam Cunningham on Conan (talkshow, not Barbarian).
    Includes small clip from Season 6 (combines two shots from last trailer).

Eddie Jackson was on Newstalk breakfast this morning.

http://www.newstalk.com/podcasts/Breakfast/Highlights_from_Newstalk_Breakfast/136131/New_Game_of_Thrones_cast_member_talks_season_premier

Truth be told nothing there. Can't say who he's playing or if he'll be back next season.

Only tidbit given was
    he's based in Mereen
    Though he did later say he would first be in
    episode 5 or 6, which would tie in with the Tower of Joy. SO HOwland Reed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,718 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The best swordsmen (and women) ranked in westeros by a fencer
    http://www.theswordsmansstandard.com/#!game-of-thrones/ot0ul

Washington post have a nice graphic detailing all deaths in seasons 1 through :

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/entertainment/game-of-thrones/?hpid=hp_no-name_graphic-story-a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭JustShon

duploelabs wrote: »

That'd be really cool if they hadn't placed images over most of the text...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

After the Thrones after show.... too rambling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

JustShon wrote: »
    That'd be really cool if they hadn't placed images over most of the text...

It's one of these websites that is made using another website (instead of properly coded). It is broken on Firefox, might work on Chrome (it works on Opera, which is similar to Chrome).

Very nice analysis though.
    Niska wrote: »

Clams and pigeons count as deaths? That's taking it a little far, I think!

If you're not a book reader, this season there's no book that the book readers can use to beat you over the head with. Isn't that a relief?

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

So I read his reasons and just no
    No Clegane and two spearman on a list of the best swordsmen ?
    The viper on the list having not used a sword yet the man who bet him not on the list ( the only reason the mountain suffered was poison )

Tigger wrote: »
    So I read his reasons and just no
    No Clegane and two spearman on a list of the best swordsmen ?
    The viper on the list having not used a sword yet the man who bet him not on the list ( the only reason the mountain suffered was poison )

What, from your personal experience, dictates that a sword beat a spear? As the author states, and is echoed in the film Leon, the closer you are to your foe the more danger you're in.
    Also The Mountain was beaten by Oberyn, not by poison which came in later, but by the stab to the chest and the slash to the back of the ankle. But for Oberyn's goading and insistence on getting a confession, the Viper would've walked away from the fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

What, from your personal experience, dictates that a sword beat a spear? As the author states, and is echoed in the film Leon, the closer you are to your foe the more danger you're in.
    Also The Mountain was beaten by Oberyn, not by poison which came in later, but by the stab to the chest and the slash to the back of the ankle. But for Oberyn's goading and insistence on getting a confession, the Viper would've walked away from the fight.

It's a list of swordsmen
    Dario defeated the champion of a city and the city has fighting pits so he has not only killed extras yet the author claimed he had t showed his skills

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Not directly relating to season 6 but it's a fit with a squeeze :)

A series of pictures of cersei's costumes detailling her charcter arc http://imgur.com/a/ryX5c

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,813 ✭✭✭CMOTDibbler

Don't know if this has been posted before, but it's still worth another look. Who knew Peter Dinklage could sing?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,334 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Well since we're doing rap videos and this should hopefully come more or less true in the episodes to come...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

It's nice to have some Happy Reactions following the Red Wedding and Oberyn's Headache

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,253 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Speaking of Game of Thrones actors who can sing

For any of you who follow both Game of Thrones and Doctor Who, I should point out that Kerry Ingram (Princess Shireen Baratheon) did not play Merry, the Queen of Years in the actual television version of The Rings of Akathen she was just standing in for Emilia Jones for the Proms.

Advertisement