Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"I believe in Kevpants" (S&SS Off Topic thread)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

I'm in a benevolent mood. Who wants a Logs subforum?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

g'em wrote: »

Me please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Mise. Although I won't be posting in it, it would be easier to see the progress of various strength athletes who post here and might encourage other new members to post also.

Biggest turn out ever at the GPC nationals last year, massive turn out at the novice Ireland's strongest man etc..... Might help promote strength sports.

[Idea] Incidentally, could the posters place their intended sports in brackets after their log name. Eg: Sporties log (Strongman/Highland games) or Eddies Log (weightlifting).[/Idea]

^Good idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

Could we move our logs over here if it was created? And if that happened who would be left to post in H&F! :eek::pac:

• Advertisement

Could we move our logs over here if it was created? And if that happened who would be left to post in H&F! :eek::pac:

I'd have to move them. So between that and the forum creation y'all better be real nice to me.

And there are other posters on H&F... who knows, it might even open the forum up to people who don't like posting there now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

I'd have to move them. So between that and the forum creation y'all better be real nice to me.

And there are other posters on H&F... who knows, it might even open the forum up to people who don't like posting there now.

This would be a great end result. H&F has been and still is good to all of us. I'd hate to see it die.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

I would support the idea, but I'm not sure I would necessarily want to transfer my own log over as I am not really training for a strength sport and I will be doing more fitness related stuff over the next year, Maybe.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

...waits for the sting in the tale. I'm thinking something like "I need 6 big strong men to volunteer for X, the volunteers I've chosen are..."

Hanley wrote: »
    ...waits for the sting in the tale. I'm thinking something like "I need 6 big strong men to volunteer for X, the volunteers I've chosen are..."

/gets away scott free

• Advertisement

Ya I'm wondering what were going to be asked for in return off g'em here :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Ya I'm wondering what were going to be asked for in return off g'em here :P

I'm guessing it's boards.ie charity naked calender related tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Hanley wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's boards.ie charity naked calender related tbh.

I want mine done Lenticularly. Yeah, I want mine to really stand out.....:D

You're such cynics. I'm just a compassionate altruist who wants to contribute to the boards community.

So, this naked calendar idea, tell me more...

<.<

>.>

And on the Sabbath God g'em created a Logs forum. Because she's lovely like that.

PM me with a link to your log in H&F if you want yours moved.

I've eaten way too much food today

I've eaten way too much food today

Awwwh are you afraid you're going to get fat princess? :p

I got to eat feck all today because it's been crazy busy here, tell me what you ate so I can live vicariously through you! :D:pac:

I'm deadlifting later so I need to eat now....

I got to eat feck all today because it's been crazy busy here, tell me what you ate so I can live vicariously through you! :D:pac:

I'm deadlifting later so I need to eat now....

I'm still fat....just no as fat :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,333 ✭✭✭✭itsallaboutheL

Genuine lol

Genuine lol

I got to admit i lol'ed as well....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭Barry.Oglesby

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Yeah, it's like Clooney's invention in "burn after reading"

http://ultimatemmaconditioning.com/

anyone know if this is worth a read? looking at barry and hedely here?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭nbrady20009

DOMS in my forearms, sick buzz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭Molly

Can I log food intake here as well? I know the reasoning behind the food diary stuff being shut down but this forum seems to have a different clientele

Molly wrote: »
    Can I log food intake here as well? I know the reasoning behind the food diary stuff being shut down but this forum seems to have a different clientele

Doubt you would be allowed tbh, wouldnt technically be fair to the folks who used to use food log diaries. i see where you are coming from and how the posters in here have a different reason and take on food and nutrition but for the sake of "fairness" i dont see it being allowed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭Sugar Free

I'm fairly sure it was closed due to a site decision regarding legal/liability concerns so a different forum won't change things.

I thought it was closed down because of people eating dangerously too little and others encouraging that kind of stupid behaviour?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,234 Mod ✭✭✭✭Edwardius

Apparently total cals+macro breakdowns were ok in H&F logs so would that be any use? See Henners post here

I need to dig a bit more and get back to ya. in the meantime read this and this.

I'll get back to you when I'm supposed to be doing work:P and when I find out more. the answer is probably NEIN!

Advertisement