Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Let's hear your Music !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

MilanPan!c wrote: »
    I stillsay you should check the AR drums man... I'm not the best virtual drummer (though I'm getting better) but even so, musicians and even a few drummers thought they were real.

Now obviously they meant real then edited, but that a drummer had played real drums in a studio, at some point in the process.

I checked out a good few, the Abbey Road stuff sounds fantastic and is great value but the SD has more adjustability so I went for that. Great job on everything is local btw.
    Good stuff. Are you doing online collaborations

Not at the minute but I'd always be up for any that need a bit of bassings :D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭MilanPan!c

eoin5 wrote: »
    I checked out a good few, the Abbey Road stuff sounds fantastic and is great value but the SD has more adjustability so I went for that. Great job on everything is local btw.

Can't disagree w any of that. :)

I also have SD and def think they're both amazing. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Lots of tracks there RH, not bad.

What did you record them on?

Cheers man!

Its all Guitar rig 3/4 and Amplitude 2. Interface is a toneport ux1 and using Sonar 7. Very simple setup.
    dasdog wrote: »
    Nice one. I listened to ...And Justice & Orion (Self confessed thrash kid of the late 80's but I did get to see them tour the Justice album when I was 14). Without wanting to sound callous it lacks a bit of life but technically it's very good. You should go for the whole hog and try something like Megadeth's Wake Up Dead if you're capable of the other two.

Ya I know what you mean about lacking life, with a terrible bass sound/drum sound (backing track unfortunly) it takes away from the song alot! Blackened would be my favourite recording that I done, that I would recommend! I will take a look at that Megadeth song :D

Thanks for the crit, all helpful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭ZV Yoda

Hi folks... all the feedback on the previous mix of Pictureland created lots of healthy debate in our band... here's an updated mix of Pictureland. Would appreciate any comments.

Also, here's a new track we've almost finished... couple of slight probs on BVs, but aside from that, any other comments? Wide Eyed Bright Boy

Cheers!

ZV Yoda wrote: »
    Hi folks... all the feedback on the previous mix of Pictureland created lots of healthy debate in our band... here's an updated mix of Pictureland. Would appreciate any comments.

Also, here's a new track we've almost finished... couple of slight probs on BVs, but aside from that, any other comments? Wide Eyed Bright Boy

Cheers!

losing the acoustic in the beginning is def a good idea

Def a better version

losing that guitar (or massively turning down) has really helped the tune...

I only really have one more comment and it's totally me, so just bear that in mind and don't be offended....

I really think the song should end on the word "home" after the solo middle 8.

Leave 'em with the crescendo...

The last 10 secs kinda undermine the big build... IMO obviously.

Overall MUCH MUCH better!

Good work!

And hey, so you know, we're recording vox on that new tune tonight, so you can get me back tomorrow :P

• Advertisement

losing the acoustic in the beginning is def a good idea

Def a better version

losing that guitar (or massively turning down) has really helped the tune...

I only really have one more comment and it's totally me, so just bear that in mind and don't be offended....

I really think the song should end on the word "home" after the solo middle 8.

Leave 'em with the crescendo...

The last 10 secs kinda undermine the big build... IMO obviously.

Overall MUCH MUCH better!

Good work!

And hey, so you know, we're recording vox on that new tune tonight, so you can get me back tomorrow :P

Thx... yeah, when we originally jammed this song way back, it felt like the middle eight was a great place to finish it.. but then the singer came back & laid down some super harmonies over the end... so they were too good to cut. If we had better gear (and technical know how) I'd really like it to finish acapella... I tried mixing it that way originally, but I just couldn't do it justice, so in the end we added the music back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

Cheers!

Hi ZV, I think Pictureland is the best mix you have posted so far. I love the strings or pads, everything seems to be nicely balanced. Drums are a tiny bit to low for me (and you too probably:D) but they sound nice. Vocals and backing vocals are wonderful.

I can't see how you could improve on this with your home set up. Next step forward would be in a commercial studio.

Have a listen to my latest opus if you get a chance.

Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

Hi all.
    At last got some tunes up on myspace. Enjoy
    http://www.myspace.com/flingfolk

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. I thought you were an irish version of Cheryl Cole.:D

Very unusual sound, more eastern european than irish.

Good stuff.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that. I thought you were an irish version of Cheryl Cole.:D

Very unusual sound, more eastern european than irish.

Good stuff.
    Cheryl Cole!!! :eek:
    LOL
    Thanks for the feedback. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,523 ✭✭✭dasdog

galwaybabe wrote: »
    Cheryl Cole!!! :eek:
    LOL
    Thanks for the feedback. :)

Very good and well played. I was waiting for a MacGowan of sorts to come in bawling Turkish Song Of The Damned but thankfully there was no impressionist (as there is no need for one) but certainly an East European feel to it.

dasdog wrote: »
    Very good and well played. I was waiting for a MacGowan of sorts to come in bawling Turkish Song Of The Damned but thankfully there was no impressionist (as there is no need for one) but certainly an East European feel to it.
    Thanks for the compliments. I wonder what an East European Macgowan would be like....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

Hey guys, the band have a new track up, its a joy division tribute. Please a have listen, feedback would be appreciated. Oh, its pretty much a guerilla recording btw ;)

http://www.myspace.com/beastmenmusic

11811 wrote: »
    Hey guys, the band have a new track up, its a joy division tribute. Please a have listen, feedback would be appreciated. Oh, its pretty much a guerilla recording btw ;)

http://www.myspace.com/beastmenmusic

Hey, nice list of influences. You never mentioned the Ramones and I can hear a little bit of them in your music which as always good.

The video is great too by the way.

Hi ZV, I think Pictureland is the best mix you have posted so far. I love the strings or pads, everything seems to be nicely balanced. Drums are a tiny bit to low for me (and you too probably:D) but they sound nice. Vocals and backing vocals are wonderful.

I can't see how you could improve on this with your home set up. Next step forward would be in a commercial studio.

Have a listen to my latest opus if you get a chance.

Rock.

Hey Rock - meant to get back to you on this. I like it. That's a great guitar riff towards & I agree with the previous comment that it would work really well throughout the song. Ditto on the keyboard comment - I'd lengthen those notes. Aside from that, where's the vox?... would be great to hear a finished tune from you!

Hey Rock - meant to get back to you on this. I like it. That's a great guitar riff towards & I agree with the previous comment that it would work really well throughout the song. Ditto on the keyboard comment - I'd lengthen those notes. Aside from that, where's the vox?... would be great to hear a finished tune from you!

Hey ZV, thanks for the kind words. The keyboard was the stock Logic piano, which is pretty basic. I'm upgrading that.

The guitar riff? I didn't think that went down well with anyone, cheers.

There's only myself and the bass player in the Rocksham Orchestra:D and I can't sing. He's going to do the vocals eventually.

Thanks again

Rock.

This'll be online like this for a few days... until I have the time to sort out something resembling a mix

I think you guys will like it

We're spending a LOT less time on vox here at my house, cause we know we'll be re-doing them soon enough properly... these are pretty much just first takes all 'round... still pretty good...

so don't judge the horrid mix... I know, we know... it's more about the ideas... we're happy enough with those :P

Any feedback on that?

Anyway, I'll swap this link out for a proper one in a few days!!

Thanks for listening guys!!

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/photograph-too-excited-to-wait-for-a-proper-mix-mix

Could this be the single? Very poppy, reminds me a lot of Texas.

Backing vocals are very effective in the chorus.

Only downside is, it felt like it was a bit too long.

Could this be the single? Very poppy, reminds me a lot of Texas.

Backing vocals are very effective in the chorus.

Only downside is, it felt like it was a bit too long.

Thanks man!

And I know exactly where to nip and tuck!

:)

New "mix" (which is worse - d'oh!) but a new intro, which is MUCH better!

Makes the whole thing seem a bit more energetic and ... shorter...

So Rock, whatcha think?

Any other feedback?

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/photograph-rough-mix-03-new-intro

• Advertisement

New "mix" (which is worse - d'oh!) but a new intro, which is MUCH better!

Makes the whole thing seem a bit more energetic and ... shorter...

So Rock, whatcha think?

Any other feedback?

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/photograph-rough-mix-03-new-intro

I'm waiting for the Damaged Tracks version:D

a new version of Not If But When..

http://soundcloud.com/the-riot-tapes/not-if-but-when-almost-tc-mix-02

Unfinished mix, but a lot of new content, new vocal takes etc...

would love some feedback before we go and do the final mix.

Just had a listen Milan, it's a lot lot better than the original version. Some nice things happening.

A couple of things that I would change. The drop down before the final chorus is a good idea but I would use the final piece of music in the drop down part. In other words I don't think the current drop down works, but it would work if you used the final section as the drop down, very confusing.:D

The other piece that sounds a bit odd or not quite right is the guitar piece after each chorus, it seemed to work better in your earlier versions. Have you changed the rhythm on this or the way it's played?

The vocals are much clearer and the singer is really getting stuck in, really good.

Rock

Just had a listen Milan, it's a lot lot better than the original version. Some nice things happening.

A couple of things that I would change. The drop down before the final chorus is a good idea but I would use the final piece of music in the drop down part. In other words I don't think the current drop down works, but it would work if you used the final section as the drop down, very confusing.:D

The other piece that sounds a bit odd or not quite right is the guitar piece after each chorus, it seemed to work better in your earlier versions. Have you changed the rhythm on this or the way it's played?

The vocals are much clearer and the singer is really getting stuck in, really good.

Rock

Thanks so much Rock.

I agree with all of the points... That drop down bit needs something... Te vox are much better...

The post chorus bit... Hmm ok... I don't know exactly what you're hearing there... Will compare the two. :)

also will bring up the chorus guitars and my vox a bit.

It's certainly not done, but like you said, a lot better!

Gonna take some more work, but you get in what you put out.

thanks again!
    Chris

Thanks so much Rock.

The post chorus bit... Hmm ok... I don't know exactly what you're hearing there... Will compare the two. :)

Hi Chris,

I think the chord changes sound rushed to stay with the beat whereas before the beat followed the guitar. I think:eek:

Hi Chris,

I think the chord changes sound rushed to stay with the beat whereas before the beat followed the guitar. I think:eek:

The piano you mean?

The piano you mean?

At 1.48

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Fabo

not bad at all milan

i just have a lot of rough home demo's up at the min, but "somewhere" is the best of them. it has a tomorrow never knows / oasis sound to it....tho someone said it sounds like jj cale..

http://www.myspace.com/raymartin02

• Advertisement

Fabo wrote: »
    not bad at all milan

i just have a lot of rough home demo's up at the min, but "somewhere" is the best of them. it has a tomorrow never knows / oasis sound to it....tho someone said it sounds like jj cale..

http://www.myspace.com/raymartin02

Can't get your player to load :(

I'll try again later.

Advertisement