Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Falling in love at the drop of a hat.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

MarkMc wrote: »
    Stick her in the **** bank and move on lad. Also, get yourself to coppers asap. There are some not so lovely nurses looking to help you end your dry spell. :pac:

will they put him on a saline drip?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

I think it would be more of an enema kind of night out tbh :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,334 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Does not really happen, lust at first sight ya. You might kind of know you have met someone special/the one or potential life partner maybe but falling in love at a drop of a hat, very rare for that to happen. :/

A connection ya but seriously you falling in love over time that is the reality. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

What's Enemas number? You're making her sound like a bike.

You sure you not in coppers already??? Christmas parties and all that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

The same thing happened to James Blunt if I recall correctly. Just play it cool and write a number one hit.

I won't look for any profits from this hit, all I'll ask for is the rights to the subsequent book, deal? Cheers :D

doovdela wrote: »
    Does not really happen, lust at first sight ya. You might kind of know you have met someone special/the one or potential life partner maybe but falling in love at a drop of a hat, very rare for that to happen. :/

A connection ya but seriously you falling in love over time that is the reality. :p

Ah now, I'm not an innocent. A connection then if ya like! Forgive me, I'm impassioned here. :p

Shryke wrote: »
    Ah now, I'm not an innocent. A connection then if ya like! Forgive me, I'm impassioned here. :p

I think someone is pie eyed with beer goggles! :p

doovdela wrote: »
    I think someone is pie eyed with beer goggles! :p

How dare ya! I'm dead sober. I'm gee eyed with love. :P

How dare ya! I'm dead sober. I'm gee eyed with love. :P

awwww! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I get you, OP. I saw a girl I saw once, 22 or 23 maybe, walking down the road eating ice cream last year. She was beautiful, man. My brain made up all these scenarios where I a cool dude, like James Dean or The Fonz. I would woo her with my awesomeness! We would be together, she'd wear flowers in her hair during the many picnics we would have, and sit on the beach drinking Ribena. We'd have arguments, but I'm James Dean so would easily make everything right again. We be old, and sit on the couch watching film noir, and quote it at each other. I'd make her breakfast in bed whenever I could, even when I was ill or had a broken eyeball or something.

So she passes me, smiles and says "Hi." I nod my head and make a weird squeaking sound. Never saw her again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

@The Idyl Race
    Sorry to hear about all of that. That sounds pretty awful.

Sure is. Did she fancy me back a fair bit though? I could be rolling around a kitchen floor somewhere.

Surely you have your own kitchen floor to roll around on???
    :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭seenitall

Something to console you, OP (maybe): I just got rejected by someone I really, really fancy, two days ago.

Rang him, had a natter, asked him out, got shot down in a flash. It was literally: WHOOOSH, goodbye, nice knowing you. I was left feeling :confused::confused: WTF just happened.

If only he hadn't flirted with me so much for the past few weeks, lots of chat, lots of laughs, lots of following me round the room type of shtuff.

Still a bit gutted, but happy I got it out of the way nevertheless (I know yours is different cos you never got your chance to be rejected :pac:, but hey, it may happen yet! :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Jaysus, now that I think of it, I don't think I've ever gotten a smile from a female stranger before ( apart from nights out ) kind of worrying that when I think about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I hope the OP never goes to the brazzer shop, he'll be in there going down on one knee when she should on both of hers :rolleyes:

:P

I get you, OP. I saw a girl I saw once, 22 or 23 maybe, walking down the road eating ice cream last year. She was beautiful, man. My brain made up all these scenarios where I a cool dude, like James Dean or The Fonz. I would woo her with my awesomeness! We would be together, she'd wear flowers in her hair during the many picnics we would have, and sit on the beach drinking Ribena. We'd have arguments, but I'm James Dean so would easily make everything right again. We be old, and sit on the couch watching film noir, and quote it at each other. I'd make her breakfast in bed whenever I could, even when I was ill or had a broken eyeball or something.

So she passes me, smiles and says "Hi." I nod my head and make a weird squeaking sound. Never saw her again.

Be yourself and you might get a few syllables out!
    seenitall wrote: »
    Something to console you, OP (maybe): I just got rejected by someone I really, really fancy, two days ago.

Rang him, had a natter, asked him out, got shot down in a flash. It was literally: WHOOOSH, goodbye, nice knowing you. I was left feeling :confused::confused: WTF just happened.

If only he hadn't flirted with me so much for the past few weeks, lots of chat, lots of laughs, lots of following me round the room type of shtuff.

Still a bit gutted, but happy I got it out of the way nevertheless (I know yours is different cos you never got your chance to be rejected :pac:, but hey, it may happen yet! :D)

Ah that's rough. He could have just be overly friendly or maybe he was giving himself a bit of an ego boost. Rejection ya? You're loving it clearly! I'd comb her hair for her and write her sexy fiction. :D dafuq am I on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I read the title as:

Falling in love at the drop of a hand...

kfallon wrote: »
    I hope the OP never goes to the brazzer shop, he'll be in there going down on one knee when she should on both of hers :rolleyes:

:P

G'way you with your sneaky finger. I've my eye on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

I just asked a girl I've fancied for months on a date and she said yes!

FÚCK you Mayans you ain't ruining this for me!

Ah that's rough. He could have just be overly friendly or maybe he was giving himself a bit of an ego boost. Rejection ya? You're loving it clearly! I'd comb her hair for her and write her sexy fiction. :D dafuq am I on about.

Yeah, all told I totally thrive on rejection! Soon it's gonna get to the stage where the less perceived chance of success, the more confident I get. :rolleyes: That's how much practice I'm putting in.

Ah you're just having a moment. Enjoy it. :)

• Advertisement

G'way you with your sneaky finger. I've my eye on you!

You won't do anything, all I'll have to do is smile at you and you'll think I'm the man of your dreams :pac:

Yeah, all told I totally thrive on rejection! Soon it's gonna get to the stage where the less perceived chance of success, the more confident I get. :rolleyes: That's how much practice I'm putting in.

Ah you're just having a moment. Enjoy it. :)

I am and I am. Isn't it nice to share? I'm a bit old for moments though. I'm usually disappointed if I'm not having a bit of.. fun. I'm too jaded for moments. Maybe I'm turning a new leaf, and she's the woman who'll do it for me. :eek:
    Maybe I'll see her around some time sure, ya never know.
    You could be practicing failing, that could be a problem. :p Sorry! Fair play to you, you're having a bit of fun while you're at it I hope.

I hope you meet her again too (perhaps not outside the realm of possibility?), and if you do, try and do something about it!

As for fun, yeah I'm having fun these days, so all good on that front, but if you meant am I having fun ;) then no, I'm not. I ain't as young and as easily entertained as I used to be.

I hope you meet her again too (perhaps not outside the realm of possibility?), and if you do, try and do something about it!

As for fun, yeah I'm having fun these days, so all good on that front, but if you meant am I having fun ;) then no, I'm not. I ain't as young and as easily entertained as I used to be.

We're all young at heart here! :D

Hope so! :)

Seen it all? Have we?
    Cheers for the kind words.

^^This lad might have a trick up his sleeve for you. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I'm fucking ancient.

Hope so! :)

Well about ten mins ago I was asked if I was only 5 :eek:

OP where are you living btw?

Well about ten mins ago I was asked if I was only 5 :eek:

OP where are you living btw?

I'm in the west, Galway.

• Advertisement

I'm in the west, Galway.

You might see her again so! Do something about it this time ;)

Advertisement