Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Didn't really feel like a season finale watching that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Good episode... Wondering where they go from here now tho aswell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Did anyone vote for Lewis in the election :p

gkellehercanvass1.jpg?w=357&h=767

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Great opening episode last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

It's back already???

pajopearl wrote: »
    It's back already???

Yup aired last night!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Downloading as we speak. Covert Affairs back Tuesday week also, it would seem.

pajopearl wrote: »
    Downloading as we speak. Covert Affairs back Tuesday week also, it would seem.

Meaning to start that actually :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭squonk

Wasn't expecting it back so soon! I thought it was scheduled for Sept! It only finished up a month or two ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Yeah finished start of April. Not complaining though!

Thats season 4 episode 1 ya? Must "buy it legally" when I get home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

squonk wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting it back so soon! I thought it was scheduled for Sept! It only finished up a month or two ago!

I'd say try will air half the season this year ad the other half in January or February of next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Very dull episode. Hopefully the comedy will return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I knida decided to leave this series. May pick it up again when clear the backlog. Graceland is another casualty and it started last night as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭gavmcg92

squonk wrote: »

It's only back for 3 episodes from what I can see.

Have to say I really enjoyed it. Suits is one of those shows that I forget about when it isn't on, realise last minute that it's back and remember how much I enjoy watching it. Great to see mike moving up to the adults table. It's going to get interesting when him and Harvey start to but heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

3 episodes? I know that American networks can be, ahem, flexible with their schedules but that's kinda taking the Michael isn't it?

I hope it's not 3 epsiodes! I'd have preferred if they held off til later in the year and ran 8 or something together. I'll be just getting back into the story when it's off again.

I liked that episode. It was a good transition. They changed gear fairly well I thought. I'm left wondering about the Wayne Palmer storyline though. Not so much the story itself but Louis's whole part in it. Catriona seemed to be doing a good Lady MacBeth but, beyond that, I'm not sure of the point of the whole thing.

I'm not convinced by Mike with his whole "Do No Harm" aim with takeovers. That's only gong to last so long. It has to give because he won't be able to be on the right side all the time. Based on what he's doing, you have to think Harvey is right and he'll have to be a ruthless bastard to succeed. I think I'd find it less interesting if he always ends up finding a 'nice way' to take over companies.

As usual honourable mention has to go to Donna! :). I loved the nod to The Princess Bride and Game Of Thrones as well though! :)

P_1 wrote: »
    3 episodes? I know that American networks can be, ahem, flexible with their schedules but that's kinda taking the Michael isn't it?

I might be wrong but everywhere I've looked there has only been 3 episodes listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Loved the part where Mike asked if he could get his parking validated and Donna is oh sure bends down to a drawer then reappears giving him the finger (albeit only the tip visable).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

it will be the same as last year, 10 episodes in the summer and 6 either in november of january/februrary,

they tend to mix it up, last year covert affairs ended its 10 episode and had the back 6 on a month later,

• Advertisement

don ramo wrote: »
    it will be the same as last year, 10 episodes in the summer and 6 either in november of january/februrary,

they tend to mix it up, last year covert affairs ended its 10 episode and had the back 6 on a month later,

Yeah two more are now showing up on my calender. There seems to be a break on the 3rd for a week and then at least two more episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Loved the part where Mike asked if he could get his parking validated and Donna is oh sure bends down to a drawer then reappears giving him the finger (albeit only the tip visable).

I'm sure there is a Donna related "tip" joke in there somewhere. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I love Suits, but feel a bit disappointed with the story progression from last season

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Kilkenny14

New webisodes are up: start from here:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭PartnerSeeds

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did anyone vote for Lewis in the election :p

hahahaha jesus the resemblance is uncanny

Cracking episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

....Jeff Malone is in love with me....

Donna: shut the front door!
    Louis: shut the back door...

I thought that episode was a little heavy handed. The whole using Louis thing was a bit slapstick as was his chat with Donna. It's like they dumbed down Louis and Donna for some reason. Then they went super serious with the Mike/Harvey plotline. Now it was a good showdown but it ended up ripping the layer of suspension of belief that the show relies on. All the while during the showdown I couldn't help thinking that if they want to be this real, then it's only a matter of time before some guy other than Harvey is sitting the other side of the table and will have no qualms along with no vested interesting about investigating Mike with the inevitable fallout. Luckilly it all ended up nicely in the end when Harvey took a half measure for Mike's good and Rachel called off Harvey's attack dog boss. There are only so many times they can pull out the big guns before people start to see through the bluff. The premise the show is based on just doesn't lend itself to serious plotlines, well nothing as serious as they're trying to aim at. It's still a good show but I'm getting a funny feeling watching it now, almost like they're overextending themselves.

What day is it aired in the US? Going on holiday Thursday morning and wana get as many shows as poss on the iPad as poss

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Next episode isn't until the 9th in the US

JohnK wrote: »
    Next episode isn't until the 9th in the US

Thanks for that

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What day is it aired in the US? Going on holiday Thursday morning and wana get as many shows as poss on the iPad as poss

If you like Suits then you might like Scandal. First two seasons are great, the last drags on a bit. Worth a watch.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Zascar wrote: »
    Looks good alright,reminds me of the female version of Ray Donovan, another fantastic show.

On another note no Suits until next week :(

Looks good alright,reminds me of the female version of Ray Donovan, another fantastic show.

On another note no Suits until next week :(

Another 3 episodes and are they going on a break? I've sort of got used to it with Suits. They love their breaks on that show!

running a bit behind. Watched ep 3 last night and ep 4 today. Main reason why I came here is because of louis. That scene between him and Harvey 35 minutes in was purely amazing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Wow wednesday's episode was so crammed full of storylines - lots of **** happened - a really great episode

Awwwww snap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Suits is a great show. Girl crush on Donna. Can see the mini break after Rachel decides to tell Mike.

And a big +1 for scandal. And a new show coming - how to get away with murder - a new Shonda Rhimes series.

sullivlo wrote: »
    And a big +1 for scandal. And a new show coming - how to get away with murder - a new Shonda Rhimes series.

Thank you for that. Just had a look at the trailer and it looks very promising. For those of you interested,

gavmcg92 wrote: »
    Thank you for that. Just had a look at the trailer and it looks very promising. For those of you interested,

Suits is a great show. Girl crush on Donna. Can see the mini break after Rachel decides to tell Mike.

lads this is a thread about the show Suits, if you wanna discuss other shows go to their designated threads, and if there are none then create one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

lads this is a thread about the show Suits, if you wanna discuss other shows go to their designated threads, and if there are none then create one

Was responding to an earlier post about scandal, and a request for shows to watch. I also gave my opinion on suits in my post (unlike you ;) ). So do you want to drag the thread further off topic by quoting the others too? :rolleyes:

Just to please don ramo: I really feel sorry for Mike. I know he was the architect of his own downfall but I think he got stung badly. I just hope Rachel confessing doesn't send him into too much of a spiral. It will be interesting to see what happens next too. Will he still have the money ($230m) he was promised to work with? Or was that only if he was still involved as an investment banker?

I really feel sorry for Mike. I know he was the architect of his own downfall but I think he got stung badly. I just hope Rachel confessing doesn't send him into too much of a spiral. It will be interesting to see what happens next too. Will he still have the money ($230m) he was promised to work with? Or was that only if he was still involved as an investment banker?

I thought I was up to date. Thanks for reminding me that I still have 406 to watch! There was me thinking I was all out of stuff to watch this week.

Also don, there's nothing wrong with helping people out who would possibly like something that is similar enough to the show we're all here to discuss. If you have a problem with a post then report it.

well sorry to be complaining lads, but its really annoying having my email notifications going off about shows im following only to come along and read about other shows,

also mike got fired, and told forstman to go **** himself, so i cant see him rebuilding that bridge, maybe sidwell might give him a second chance, but either way forstmans money is no longer available to mike, and i dont think it ever will be again, unless he is really desperate,

it will also be good to see what sanders does now, seeing as harvey picked mike in the meeting,

also there is no need for the rachel/sanders ****, were 4 seasons in and mike and rachel are together, just leave the damn drama out of it, rachel and mike are end game, so no point having all these hoops, plenty of other characters to work with,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Does anyone else have absolutely no idea what they're all on about with the various deals and counter deals? I have literally no clue who's on who's side or what they're all banging on about. I don't know if I'm missing out and it's a fabulously intriguing game of business chess they're playing or if it's all just gibberish window-dressing to the character conflict.

I no longer give a toss about Mike, in any case. He's a dick, and I was egging Rachel on to cheat on him, albeit with another unlikeable cockhead.

I also think it's a pity they've abandoned any sense of humanity in Jessica. I get that she needs to be ruthless, perhaps doubly so as black woman in a position of power, but it wouln't hurt to see her display some feeling from time to time. Louis is by far the most interesting character, part shark, part idiot savant, and even Harvey displays the odd scintilla of emotion.

And Katrina - why do they (USA and Pearson/Specter both) even keep her on the payroll if it's only to show up every few weeks to massage Louis' ego? She had great potential but it's criminal what they've done to her.

Actually, Mike and Harvey hooking up would be the best play the writers could make at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭vepyewwo

^^^^
    I totally agree. What has happened to this show? I haven't got a clue what's going on half the time, mainly because I'm finding the season so boring that my mind is drifting off for big parts of the episodes. Apart from Donna and Louis I now hate just about every character. They have completely ruined Mike and Harvey.

I went back and watched parts of season 1 again a few weeks ago to remind myself why I started watching in the first place and it was like watching a completely different show. Remember when Mike and Harvey were a team, with a cool mentor/student vibe, who actually worked cases instead of bickering with each other and everyone else in the firm?

This show used to be really fun and witty. For some reason around season 2 they decided to change things to having season long story lines of the firm being under threat and everyone at Pearson Spector being at each other's throats constantly. I'm two episodes behind because it feels like a chore to have to watch them. I thing I might have to give up on Suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I stopped watching this because everybody always just seemed really angry at each other all the time. It became really grating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Personally I'm enjoying the Mike vs Harvey aspect of the show, Neal macdonough is brilliant aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Backseat modding is against the charter.

If you have an issue with a post, please report it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement