Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hair fun!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

If you do get it trimmed I want your cut offs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I had bright red hair, tried to go blonde and it went ginger, used a high-lighting kit and went blonder then.

I think if you can find a high-lighting kit you type of red you'll be better off, they last longer and you can just apply it all over sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

sorry monkeyfudge, not getting it trimmed... valuable though im sure the cut-offs would be, i have to think about being employable, and being able to tie my hair back is a good quality for my kinda work.

It's not hair... it's just brown smoke.... white smoke now.

ginger smoke. did i mention i keep startling myself whenever i happen to pass a mirror/ shiny object?

cos i get quite startled by this. i feel like a budgie or soemthing.

*headbutts mirror*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Oh honey, don't headbutt the mirror, you'll hurt yourself!

If you can get them (I have zero clue what brands are available in NZ) Schwartzkopf hair products are supposed to be the best for maintaining colour - heard it from a number of sources. I know it's a long shot though!

You'll be smashing! (Just hopefully not the mirror.)

haha, sorry, the mirror thing was a kinda joke... i have a load of hair stuff from bulgaria still, so will be using those the next few times... but will be checking out palces here, i reckon it'll bemostly the same stuff as home.

hey rudi! check me out! i got a door!

Picture18.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

narco wrote: »
    i dye mine for grey coverage mostly,

Don't take this the wrong way, Narco, but how come you are grey at yr age?! I know you had a hard paper round! LOL I dye my hair to cover my grey as I am a sort of 'pepper' blonde! I go to House of colour and like being pampered. When they wash your hair they give you a head massage!

Only thing is, last 2 times it's been a bloke! doesn't quite have the same effect! (oooh wait for the MCP flames!)

DJ Spider

narco wrote: »
    hey rudi! check me out! i got a door!

Picture18.jpg

You have passed the test. Most would have taken the Kinder Egg.

Actually.. I thought it would be more red... that sort of looks orange.

• Advertisement

ha, i been going grey since i was about 14. probably about 13, but found big sections of the stuff at 14. that plus i love ****ing with my hair colour.

monkeyfudge, im mpy 100% sure about the colour, but im kinda just happy i managed to pick a red one, tbh. i think i let it overdevelop, finally checked out my boosh dvd, and got... heh... distracted... time ran away on me in a little car around the house....

im happy though, wont be going over it with black any time soon.

Ha.. well it certainly looks a lot better in the other photo you sent me...

The top of the head isn't the most glamourous shot.

But it definitely looks nice.. you should be happy with it....

Now to do mine... this weekend... I promise!

you promised last weekend!

Well it's all arranged now.. I'm getting help with it on Friday..

I may get drunk too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 stavemartinez

I got my hair coloured in A well-known hairdresser only two weeks ago and it was the most frustrating thing ever.First of all I arrived early one weekday and had a consultation.I wait about 15 minutes as all the hairdressers were doing their hair in the mirror...after that I got a skin test which somehow they didnt mess up!I asked about colour in my hair and they said everything was fine.It was clear after I got it done they were NOT listening

When I was getting my hair coloured that Saturday my "stylist" turned the chair around from the mirror & put strips in my hair.I told her exactly the amount of colour I wanted and I even bought the green dye seperately myself.I had never got strips before in my hair so I was a bit unsure about how many she was putting in but I made it VERY clear that I wanted only a TINY bit of colour.after about 3 hours it was finished and it was horrible.I payed €85 but was in a rush to meet someone and left the salon thinking it would be ok with a bit of gel or spray when I get home.On my way home I bought brown dye cause after 2 hours of looking like a traveller I decided I've had enough and my "stylist" clearly wasnt listening.

I arrived in the next day and spoke to the manager.She was unhelpful and rude.She stood beside the till with a moany face & said "come back tomorow your stylist isnt ere".On my way home I payed a visit to peter marks on grafton str and asked how much would a bit of colour cost?they said €30!...I had college all week so came in on the friday.I talked to my stylist who was fake as **** but pretended to be nice.she said that I was charged for half a head of colour.The manager wasnt there so I had to come back in an hour!when I came back she said there was no way I was getting a refund.she said that I was charged for a blow dry and 20 strips(totally different to what my stylist had said).I told her I know im entitled to a refund in this case and I walked away half way through conversation telling her my boyfriend is gonna have to talk to you.He came in and she continued to lie saying she told me the price before i got it done.I told her to learn simple addition and to stop lying.she told us to go to the headquarters and was surprisingly helpful to my boyfriend!

We went to the headquarters and aparently head of complaints was in a meeting but my boyfriend left his number.I got a phone call from her today trying to catch me out so I wont get the refund.She told me to stop insulting the intellegience of their staff and when I informed her that the story is going up online she said "dont threaten the company".I told her that it wasnt the hair or the money I cared about it was the principle.I was offered no re-do no voucher nothing.I was given filthy looks from all the staff.I guess most people dont have the nerve to come back in after a botched up haircut.

/snippity snip on the specifics of the shop manager's name etc. ta v. much Majd

Advertisement