Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laser Hair Clinics/PCOS

Options
  • 06-11-2008 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I’m wondering can anyone recommend a laser hair removal clinic in Cork City?

Due to PCOS I have pretty severe facial hair. I am extremely embarrassed about this and am hoping that laser will help significantly.

I’ve been diagnosed by my GP. Was put on dianette which worked reasonably to reduce the hair also led to weight reduction but unfortunately had to come off that after a year cos it raised my blood pressure

GP then sent me to hospital dermatologist who seemed ill informed at best :-/ He reckoned that I may not have PCOS (looked over my GPs bloodtests) and did not particularly see the point of me being there. He mentioned Vaniqua cream but said that wasn’t very effective then advised me to get laser treatment privately but wasn’t helpful in suggesting what kind etc..

Do any PCOS sufferers have any experience of laser treatments that are appropriate and successful? Also a clinic which may be used to dealing with the same problem

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I have PCOS and have had IPL hair removal done at a beauty salon in Cork (Karen's - over Budget Travel in Oliver Plunkett St) and had really good results. It does take ages though, as you have to leave 6 - 8 weeks between treatments but I'd wholeheartedly recommend it. Prices vary but it ain't cheap wherever you go :rolleyes:

PM me if you need any further info.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I have PCOS too, and my endocrinologist reccomended I use Vaniqua, and to go to a place in South Terrace for laser. But I was also put on glucophage to treat it and that solved 95% of my hair problems, a little bit of bleach and plucking solves what was a major problem. Ask to be referred to an endocrinolgoist by your GP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Peachy123

I'd definitly recommend an endocronogist. I didn't find the Vaniqua cream great - Dianette helped but didn't toally sovle the problem. Laser was great for the dark hairs but I'm blonde so didn't have a lot of those! Found electrolysys worked for those, but it's a lot slower than laser...

I'm not in cork tho so can't recommend anywhere there but I found in Dublin the minute I mentioned PCOS they knew exactly what they were dealing with in the beautitions/laser clinic i go to.

Good luck!

Advertisement