Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

It's so hard to watch when Sally is on screen, the poor woman can't act. There also seems to be a major problem behind the scenes, who casts the bad actors? Why do the directors and writers thinks it's a good idea for Mack to be drinking endless cups of coffee in the same episode? Or for Tadgh to act like a pantomime badie, especially when he has no lines. His thumbs up gesture too is dreadful. Jason's acting is very limited too. John Joe, Vince, Mack, Mo, Peatsi, and Michael are quite solid. Padraig badly needs to alpha male it up a bit and stop playing the cliche gay best friend thing. Grainne needs to drop the hippy dippy ****e and David needs to grow a pair. The actors and writers are out there. Ros na Run just don't know where to look for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Boobi Lee should be killed by a fan with a guitar string at this stage.
    I can't really believe she is a "realt mór". It is just not believable in the slightest anymore.

Actually believe it or not they are spot on with her character, day dreaming her life away of becoming a big singer.

I know of a fella that's nearly 30 now and he's recorded his own couple singles like she does and never makes it but is still swanning around like he is the next Ed Sheeran :pac:

Doing bits and pieces of pub gigs and on about his next big single, he's exactly like her but more arrogant, at least she acknowledges she's still a nobody :p

naasrd wrote: »
    It's so hard to watch when Sally is on screen, the poor woman can't act. There also seems to be a major problem behind the scenes, who casts the bad actors? Why do the directors and writers thinks it's a good idea for Mack to be drinking endless cups of coffee in the same episode? Or for Tadgh to act like a pantomime badie, especially when he has no lines. His thumbs up gesture too is dreadful. Jason's acting is very limited too. John Joe, Vince, Mack, Mo, Peatsi, and Michael are quite solid. Padraig badly needs to alpha male it up a bit and stop playing the cliche gay best friend thing. Grainne needs to drop the hippy dippy ****e and David needs to grow a pair. The actors and writers are out there. Ros na Run just don't know where to look for them.

Yep. I'd bet you now they will move on Dee this or next season while keeping the Sally's. Dee is a good actor in it.

In fact, I nominate "the Sallys" as slang for the rubbish actors :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Was looking at some old clips from about 8 years ago on YouTube. Have a look at some of them, the writing, direction, acting and stories were powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

I recorded tonight's episode and watching it back now. No subtitles tonight?? Can only half understand what's being said but get the feeling I'm not missing much! Who's this Fidelma one they're suddenly pulling out of thin air?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    No subtitles tonight?? Can only half understand what's being said but get the feeling I'm not missing much!

I jokingly tweeted the same to ros na run - TG4 came back asking how was I watching Saorview/Sky/online

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

no subtitles on the episode last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,321 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I recorded tonight's episode and watching it back now. No subtitles tonight?? Can only half understand what's being said but get the feeling I'm not missing much! Who's this Fidelma one they're suddenly pulling out of thin air?

She works in An Teaglach with David. Not his boss but his colleage on the same level.

I saw lasts night episode today with subtities.
    If you are into business mentoring and business plans, strap yourselves in you are in for one hell of a trip. :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I enjoyed Tigh and Vinces scene in the apartment, Vince has him by the balls now.

Also what will David do now? He'll be making a lot of Poitin :p

Enjoyed the latest episode it was put together well and more importantly believable.
    There was lots of potential angles and nice subtleties in it.
    Vince v Tadgh part 2
    Colm and mo?
    Colm v Dee? ( info from PC)
    David no longer gullible pushed over the edge?
    Relatin history spillover from the truth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

I watch online and for the last two episodes, there are no subtitles!  That happened sometimes but when I waited a day or so they were on it.  Last Thursday and Today's episodes don't have them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

maureencol wrote: »
    I watch online and for the last two episodes, there are no subtitles! That happened sometimes but when I waited a day or so they were on it. Last Thursday and Today's episodes don't have them.
    Do you need the subtitles or does it take from the programme?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

maureencol wrote: »
    I watch online and for the last two episodes, there are no subtitles!  That happened sometimes but when I waited a day or so they were on it.  Last Thursday and Today's episodes don't have them.

They didn't have the subtitles for last tueday's episode on tv, so i didn't bother watching it and waited for the omnibus editon which did have the subtitles, as did last night's episode.

I have totally lost interest in this season. They really need to spice things up a bit!

There was good flow to this one again at least.

I liked the way they true in little subtitles. Kathy was supposed to be gone to the hospital, but they threw in a bit at the end where Grainne asked Catroina if Kathy came in for her massage yet.

I think they are trying to be more subtle then a lot of other previous episodes?

Or have I just lowered my expectations?

The girls that play Sorcha and Janice must be kept, two great potential long-term characters there as well as great actresses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭The Parish Priest.

Is there a logical reason why tg4 stopped showing classic 90s/00s ros na run at lunchtime a couple of years ago and now show The Weakest Link instead ???? Is it that repeat fees to the actor's cost too much or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Areas

I think they show it during the summer?

Areas wrote: »
    I think they show it during the summer?

Not since 2014:mad:

The story lines have got better, as a result the characters seem more believable, thier traits seem consistent, good nuances, and there is a clever entwining of the story-lines as well.

Fiona Ni Edhin wrote the last one (Mack and Colms car hunt) and a far few angles, and possibilities seem to have been covered. Fair play to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,296 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I see Padraic's clean-shaven

I wonder will we ever find out who the real father of the baby is...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭BandMember

I wonder will we ever find out who the real father of the baby is...

Yes. At some point in the future, when the writers are stuck for a story line, the baby will be struck down with some life threatening illness or condition which requires a blood donation/transplant and the whole paternity question will be finally resolved.

You've seen a soap before, right? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭CassieManson

That was a strange christening. It appears that neither of the godparents went to the church!

Can somebody please explain to me what is going on with Colm/Anto/the other guy?

Can somebody please explain to me what is going on with Colm/Anto/the other guy?

They have money that was obtained fraudulently and Colm is investing it for Anto as he owes money/threatened by the other fella.
    That is as far as I got with the gist of things anyway.

Strange there is no mention of Emer or Eoin during this storyline with Jason having a baby and moving abroad. Although I guess Eoin is pretty busy in Carrickstown these days!

Strange there is no mention of Emer or Eoin during this storyline with Jason having a baby and moving abroad. Although I guess Eoin is pretty busy in Carrickstown these days!

Wouldn't you think it would give them a chance to create a Eoin/Emer missing storyline.
    They would not even have to appear in it.

A news story appears on the telly about Eoin missing on adventure holiday when he went out surfing etc

Sure Emer hadn't been mentioned for over 15 years until a couple of years ago:D

• Advertisement

Wouldn't you think it would give them a chance to create a Eoin/Emer missing storyline.
    They would not even have to appear in it.

A news story appears on the telly about Eoin missing on adventure holiday when he went out surfing etc

Or he went missing after going to try save his sister who has been held captive for over a year 😂

Advertisement