Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Player Issues/Troubleshooting - Post Here Only

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Good luck finding torrents for anything Irish besides Love/Hate lol.

By the way I mean refresh the flash settings page after you change a tick box, thats how you "lock it in". Pity theres nothing like that to try when it does it on a phone or tablet! Adobe should just abandon that stupid "Press ESC to Exit Full Screen" banner (I assume its Adobes?), the amount of people having trouble if you google it is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Thargor wrote: »
    Its hilarious what a fcuk up they've made of RTE Player, it just doesnt work anymore, Ive asked several people in real life now and they all say its "stopped working a while ago", and these are not people who would know what an adblocker is either, and RTE are completely oblivious. Like was said already if they got the player to work a fraction as well as the ads beforehand it would be fine but its completely broken, on phones, IE, FF, Chrome, Win XP, Win 7, Win 8 whatever you try.

Yep, same here. General consensus seems to be - 'doesn't work'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Good luck finding torrents for anything Irish besides Love/Hate lol.

I was trying to be ironic when I said go looking for a torrent of last nights Fair City, because the chances of getting it is so slim.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Seems to be nothing but errors these days when I try to play live feeds. Trying to watch prime time now and keep getting 'error ID 16'. Anyone any ideas? Not that the FAQ section is of any use in troubleshooting these errors.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Very annoyed here, trying to watch a programme on RTE Player & have sat through the same 3 stupid ads 3 flipping times now, took about 20 minutes & the programme just won't play. Even the ads were skipping, pausing, audio out of sync arrgghh!
    I have turned off pop up blocker for the site and tried it in another browser, to no avail. If I have to watch those jumpy ads again I'll scream! Is anyone else having issues today with RTE's completely crap player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

Worked for me just now. No budge with adblocker on, then with adblocker off three full 30 second ads and then maybe a 5-10 second ad for whatever company was "presenting" the show. 1:40 before the show even starts. What a joke! No wonder I just leave adblocker on all the time and never even use RTE player anymore. Their player is becoming as irrelevant as their tv stations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭LadyBetty

Ah brilliant, thanks mike65 - my blood pressure level is normal again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Don't thank me someone else posted it on a previous thread about this issue. :) RTE fecking useless!

(thread merge magic!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,672 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

RTE Player is much better than TV3 Player which you spend more thing watching adds than the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Spend 2 minutes watching ads and then when it should start it automatically pauses and when I try to press play it just shows the RTE.ie logo on the right of the screen.

buyer95 wrote: »
    Spend 2 minutes watching ads and then when it should start it automatically pauses and when I try to press play it just shows the RTE.ie logo on the right of the screen.
    Use XL:

http://www.rte.ie/playerxl/#s=home

• Registered Users Posts: 13,558 ✭✭✭✭briany

I found installing the Ghostery add on seems to work blocking RTE players ads while still allowing videos play. It also seemed to work whether adblock plus was enabled or not. I confirmed that it was Ghostery doing this by disabling it and reenabling it. I just have it set to block all trackers. Seems to be a handy enough way out of RTE's ads altogether. Anyone else find this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Am having problems again. Am using the PlayerXL and it plays a couple of Ads fine, then when it gets to the programme it just stays loading a dark page for about half an hour or maybe longer. Halp! :( Ooohh actually I might try it in Mozilla. Or maybe that's a lethal combination asking for bad news. :/ I miss the couple of programmes that I watch. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭confuseddotcom

Yeah so the PlayerXL went belly-up and I reverted back to the regular Player and that worked fine for a while, but now the regular one is playing up now again. It plays the Ads. fine but then when it gets to the programme itself, it just stops working. Latest Error Message I'm getting; - The F4M document contains errors and something about a parsed / un-parsed link broken...... I thought maybe a broken link might have something to do with Windows Updates but nope am all up-to-date no updates to be done.

:(

Player XL will work for a minute, it runs the Ads., starts the programme and about a minute in it stops working..... :/

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The player and RTE website appear to be down.... no eastenders for me

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

Rte player no longer works on the ps3

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The whole website has been down all day. Maybe weather related?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭cena

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The whole website has been down all day. Maybe weather related?

Rte has stopped using the player app on the ps3

• Advertisement

Yeah so the PlayerXL went belly-up and I reverted back to the regular Player and that worked fine for a while, but now the regular one is playing up now again. It plays the Ads. fine but then when it gets to the programme itself, it just stops working. Latest Error Message I'm getting; - The F4M document contains errors and something about a parsed / un-parsed link broken...... I thought maybe a broken link might have something to do with Windows Updates but nope am all up-to-date no updates to be done.

:(

Player XL will work for a minute, it runs the Ads., starts the programme and about a minute in it stops working..... :/
    XL is working perfectly for me, always has since we found it, one of the slickest video player sites on the net now I must say.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭saram

My RTE player had been working fine until about three or four days ago.

Basically, When I click on the play button to watch a programme I get the message-
    "This error has an id of 0 and is most likely to have been triggered by a load failure or parse failure of .F4M or plugin content."

I tried to contact RTE Player it didn't allow me, and the message "Try again" kept coming up..

Just wondering if anyone else had this kind of problem or what may be the solution.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭ambasite

saram wrote: »
    My RTE player had been working fine until about three or four days ago.

Basically, When I click on the play button to watch a programme I get the message-
    "This error has an id of 0 and is most likely to have been triggered by a load failure or parse failure of .F4M or plugin content."

I tried to contact RTE Player it didn't allow me, and the message "Try again" kept coming up..

Just wondering if anyone else had this kind of problem or what may be the solution.
    Any help would be great.
    Thanks

have the same issue for the past week or so, real annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Rainbow_Bright

Hello. I had a similar problem . If its occurring on the XL player, use the standard player instead. That should work . If not, try a different browser.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭lewishamilton

Same kind of problem here,can someone try to play anything on the rte xl player,cause it ain't playing for me

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

F*cking thing plays about 4-5 adverts then asks me if I want to watch again!! No error message. FFS what a pile of sh*te!

(normal player, IE11, win7)

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Fresh2000

You genius, didn't know what you were on about so I googled it and it brings you to a different URL for each video when you select them through this page:

Its perfect, because it seems to be based on the old player not the flashier new one, videos play instantly and perfectly like they used to, thanks for that.

God bless you m8 for this. I was trying to watch last episode of Damo and Ivor on rte player but it always complains about ad block even though I do not have any. I disabled everything even anti virus but it still didn't let me play it.

this playerxl is awesome bit shame it does not show HD...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Was watching Love/Hate on Sunday live on the player and it went offline during that crucial second conversation between Siobhan and Dean, so I had to reload and sit through the ads again so I completely missed that bit, caught up with it later though. I had a different problem with the player back in early September, was just back from Electric Picnic and was starting to watch the RTE highlights on the player, the first part played grand, I then sat through some ads, when it returned to the Picnic I got audio but a blank black screen, very odd. I created a thread here I think where someone told me to copy the url of the player just after the ads and paste it into a new browser and it will play the rest from there again.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭kala85

Im trying to watch the fall back on the rte player app on the ipad. Every time I go to start the player the ads start to load and the player stalls.

I have tried to use puffin browser on the ipad as well to look at the rte player , but not all the programs are on the rte player site when I view it with the puffin browser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 fergaldublin

Hi,
    Anyone else having problems with the RTE player trying to watch the 6 nations match between england and wales on RTE2. Want to make sure its working for the Ireland game tomorrow.

The page loads up and then just says 'Live on RTE.ie'

RTE1 is working fine for a live Fleadh.

Advertisement