Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Continuum [Showcase - CA] *Spoilers!*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

Good episode. A few more tidbits to keep us going, although I did find myself trying to remember how last season ended as it feels like they've made a bit of a jump with Kiera and her relationship with the police and Alec. Might be worth watching the end of the last season finale again.

After the opening scene I'm wondering if there might be a Total Recall element to Kiera. It would certainly make her loss of the future all the easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,535 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I was really looking forward to this, but it fell a bit flat for me. Maybe I need to warm up to it again. I liked the ending, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,298 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Mr E wrote: »
    I was really looking forward to this, but it fell a bit flat for me. Maybe I need to warm up to it again. I liked the ending, though.

Yeah enjoyed the ending, was maybe hoping for a bigger revelation but the rest of it was very meh...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Watching it right now. Dang, should've done a mini marathon. I need a refresher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

had she not been having doubts about the make up of the future? i suppose they will come back to that.

yeah i didn't really know what was going on in that ep either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Glad it is back, thought the opener was a little flat too, but interested to see where they're going with this season. I only got 1 episode too, did anyone get the second one?

There was only one this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

good opener, nice to see that old alec wants to change the future, he must have done some bad things to get to where he is, and also it was funny when kiera woke in the future on about her EMR (i think thats what its called) glitching on an upload, and her husband kind of looked at her in a way that seemed like she didnt have an EMR, so it could be that the future may have changed slightly, but is still the same,

i liked the way they tore back the landscape and built up the city, looked pretty good,

its gonna be interesting to see what liber8 will do now, their going political, but yerman in prison wont be happy when he gets out and will try and stop them, id say liber8 were sent back by alec with specific instructions to change key points in history, so that the corporations dont take over the world,

Based on the ending scene from the future, Alec could start helping Liber8. Could be a great story arc.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 activityyup

don ramo wrote: »
    good opener, nice to see that old alec wants to change the future, he must have done some bad things to get to where he is, and also it was funny when kiera woke in the future on about her EMR (i think thats what its called) glitching on an upload, and her husband kind of looked at her in a way that seemed like she didnt have an EMR, so it could be that the future may have changed slightly, but is still the same,

I think the point of the scene was the Alec in his tower. He could see into her apartment and maybe putting instructions or images in her head ? When Kieras husband looked out the window there was something there.

• Advertisement

What if she doesn't actually have a husband or a child; the 'dream' of her in the box and seeing whatever was off camera is reality. The husband/child thing is for some reason implanted into her. This is one of the many 'bad' things Alec has done and he wants to right it by sending her back. It would make more sense with the 21st century love interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Sarn

That's why I think it will be Total Recallesque. You'll find out Kiera was a political activist/criminal, had a memory wipe, reconditioned, got given a fake family, all ready to be used by old Alec. It would also explain the slightly off actions of her husband.

Old Alec may need to play both sides off against each other to get the desired future which is why he needs young Alec and Kiera to fine tune things.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dogski

I have to say I only found continuum on friday last week and got addicted straight away, and ended up watching all of the episodes by sunday and look the show up to see if there was a season 2 coming out soon. To my surprise it was to be released on the day i finished the first season, the first episode of season 2 was good, but it wasn't great. Hoping the season will pick up and be as good as the first.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I think the point of the scene was the Alec in his tower. He could see into her apartment and maybe putting instructions or images in her head ? When Kieras husband looked out the window there was something there.

It looked to me like he implanted the message for young Alec in her chip, and that was what made her wake with a headache thinking it was malfunctioning.

The bit of the message that we have seen is very light on details, but I presume there was a lot more to it and that will be revealed over the course of the season.

Aaaah, that was a big improvement. :)

Liber8 fractured, Alec going to the dark side, time travel mentioned to Carlos, and some great action scenes throughout.

Back on track, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

it's a bit messed up if you think about it,
    on the one hand you have CPS that took over the government and enslaved mankind, and on the other you have liberty fighters killing anyone that stands in their way.
    with a show like this your meant to be rooting for the main character
    but who are you rooting for?
    anyone want liber8 to win?

preytec wrote: »
    it's a bit messed up if you think about it,
    on the one hand you have CPS that took over the government and enslaved mankind, and on the other you have liberty fighters killing anyone that stands in their way.
    with a show like this your meant to be rooting for the main character
    thats the thing liber8 are meant to come back and help change the future, by stopping all the corporations, but in doing so they will most likely start the corporation fight back which gets them into power in the first place, thus making things play out exactly the same,

kiera isnt doing much this season, shes been pinning to go home more and more as each episode passes, and i think she might even sacrifice the lives of people to do it at this stage, and i think thats what their going for, shes only looking out for her best interest, but she has to play the game to get what she wants, or else she'll end up like her friend who died and be trapped back in time,

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

preytec wrote: »
    e main character
    Well if you're unsure, then you're doing exactly as the creator Simon Barry wanted - he was looking for these shades of grey and I think it works well. It's probably why we spend a lot of time with the Liber8 members too as, on many levels, we can agree with their goals but just not the methods. Whereas often with Kiera we like the methods but question her goals (and also Alex's). We don't often get both sides of such matters in sci-fi and it's refreshing (and that's before we throw in the ambiguous Kellogg).

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭preytec

i h8 Simon Barry
    i love Simon Barry
    i think i'm hooked, i can't stop watching, it's a great story well told.
    i feel like i am simon barry's pawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

The last episode was very well done.

• Advertisement

virtual shrink said she assaulted a fellow officer, did he confirm he's an future corp guy?

Great episode this week. What is Kellogg up to standing ominously in the background. I feel like a gamechanger is coming!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,465 ✭✭✭MOH

Bit confused by something. Always thought Kiera's made up "Section 6" was supposed to be Canadian, yet now it's "an organisation backed by the US government". Which does stretch credulity a bit far that she uses that as a basis for working for a local PD in a different country?

MOH wrote: »
    Bit confused by something. Always thought Kiera's made up "Section 6" was supposed to be Canadian, yet now it's "an organisation backed by the US government". Which does stretch credulity a bit far that she uses that as a basis for working for a local PD in a different country?
    Was thinking the same thing. Was positive that it was a classified Canadian version of the SIS/CIA

Was thinking the same thing. Was positive that it was a classified Canadian version of the SIS/CIA

That's actually the CSIS that Gardiner works for. But yeah, was sure it was implied in season one it was Canadian.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

I thought episode 4 was the best in the season so far, by all of the episodes haven't been too bad and progressed the story nicely. But all I can see is it's going to be building up to a huge cliff hanger at the end of the season.

well i assume section 6 would be set up as some kind of borderless organization to combat terrorism, but yeah they do seem to be fairly vauge about why its accepted and american uber secret organization has an officer working with a local canadian police force,

season 2 has been pretty good so far, its gonna be interesting to see how alec and kellogs partnership works out, and i dont know why jason suddenly wants to work with alec, and neither seemed in anyway odd about their arrangement even though jason is alecs father,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

If Section 6 is suppose to be paying her wages, where is she getting money to buy stuff?

Dempsey wrote: »
    If Section 6 is suppose to be paying her wages, where is she getting money to buy stuff?

She got a fair bit off Kellogg, didn't she?

• Advertisement

even though jason is alecs father,

Wait. Really? When did we find that out? I thought Jason was from the future?

virtual shrink said she assaulted a fellow officer, did he confirm he's an future corp guy?

maybe it because she knew hes an officer, maybe it doesnt have to be someone from the future, maybe just someone that is an authority figure like herself, she was having a bit of a breakdown, and her subconscious knows hes an actual government agent, and shes just a bluffer, or maybe he is from the future and is working for the others that came back and trying to silence kiera,
    Dempsey wrote: »

she approached kellog for a fair bit of cash at one point, cant remember which episode,
    Wait. Really? When did we find that out? I thought Jason was from the future?

in episode 3 when alec took the flash drug, he saw his father leaving and it was jason, he is from the future, their ripping off terminator :P:P

in episode 3 when alec took the flash drug, he saw his father leaving and it was jason, he is from the future, their ripping off terminator :P:P

It's still ambivalent though - it was also stated that the memories the drug brought back might not be accurate.

Could turn out that Jason's his son, and also his father .... :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

jason is alecs father,

Thank you! I was trying last night to remember what was revealed about Jason recently but couldn't remember. I remember the flashback now.

So was he and the other "freelancers" in the same room as Ciara and dispersed throughout time like her partner or did they go through at different points in the future?

And the fact Jason has the blueprints for the timetravel device, does that mean he invented the one that sent them back?

MOH wrote: »
    It's still ambivalent though - it was also stated that the memories the drug brought back might not be accurate.

Could turn out that Jason's his son, and also his father .... :P

So that means he....with his gran.... :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

CastorTroy wrote: »

What.The.Frack :eek:

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »

:)

Didn't that happen to Fry in Futurama?

Yeah was just thinking of that. I believe it's called the grandfather paradox. And I believe in Red Dwarf
    Lister is his own father

Really good episode this week, slightly surprised that they did the reveal with Carlos this early, but could make for interesting episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

It was like a futuristic version of Criminal Minds this week... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭DubTony

Filler episode. In that Carlos could be filled in ;)
    TBH I was wondering where it was going until about half way through, when it became obvious.

• Advertisement

i knew yerone was playing alec when she said lets go to your secret lab, wonder if shes a spy for esher or someone from liber8,

its good that theyve finally let carlos know about kiera, you knew it was coming as soon when they done the physc review last week and the way kiera is losing it, she only a normal law enforcement officer, shes not trained or capable of doing what shes doing by herself,

this season seems to be more about kiera having a break down and coming to terms with her situation, and maybe in season 3 she will just accept there is no going home and she will just have to deal with it, even with jasons design there is still a 30 of not 50 years of technological advancement yet to made to build it,

hot girl wants into your lab and your pants and your not even a little bit suspicious

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Another enjoyable episode and it's good to finally let Carlos in on the secret. We've seen him getting frustrated with her (thankfully, rather than just accepting her "hunches" without issue) and she's got someone to confide in.

Escher is an interesting development too - someone swiping Kellogg's investments away from him. Wonder who he is in the future?

As to Alec and the girl? Well it was very obvious she was suspicious but, as has happened before in the show, the writers seem to know it's obvious and do the reveal by the end of the episode.
    hot girl wants into your lab and your pants and your not even a little bit suspicious
    Precisely because she's a hot girl who appears to want into his pants, he's not even bothered wondering about whether it's suspicious. Kellogg no doubt is though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Definitely deserves it. Its been great this season, better than most of the s**t on US Network TV

Hot girl is really a spy for the cylons. Just saw in her imdb that she was the one from Caprica.

I was beginning to think it was turning into predestined time travel type thing but the fact they caught the killer means she won't be investigating the case in the future.

Glad Carlos knows. Means he can cover for her now and she can use him for exposition.

i don't why she didn't show him her tech gun and suit rather then try to verbably explain it to him twice

Just caught up with this week. I'm liking the way some things are obvious, while others are even more obvious until it turns out they're actually not.

Was completely expecting Alec's girlfriend to be a Liberate plant to fake her kidnapping and force him to testify in favour of his brother, right up until she kicked the crap out of that guy. And the hostage rescue seemed a bit too easy, especially given they asked the office mole for help (although I've forgotten which faction she's working for), but then it was supposed to be.

It's getting a little bit messy though. There's more angles being thrown in every week. We've got about six factions on the go now - two Liberate splinters, Escher, Gardiner, Kellog, and Kiera herself, plus whatever future Alec is up to.
    Oh and crazy future guy too with the time travel schematics.

I really hope there's an overall plan that will tie everything together, but it's nearly getting as convoluted as Lost already.

Still, third season renewal is cause for hope.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 191 ✭✭Lockedout

Im trying to avoid too much of this thread as Im only on Episode 6 (season 1). A good show. Its on Skyfy Thursday Season 2, Great show so far .. a little bit too neat in places (Food ration Riots lead our heroine to question things). She is some babe though.

Well Emily was looking perky coming down those stairs. :) So is she working for the guy kinda helping Keira? And if so, who was the guy that came looking for Alec?

Was just thinking, Gardiner had better not meet future Alec at any point, since I don't think things usually work out too well when they're together.

• Advertisement
Advertisement