Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What show dipped the most in quality? What show started bad/just ok and got great?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭irish son

Homeland Season 1 is arguably the best season of tv I've ever seen, it really should have just ended there. Went to bits after that.

The other way around with Seinfeld which was decent in Seasons 1 and 2 but became the best sitcom of all time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Its Always Sunny In Philadelphia.

For me its had more ups and downs than Jordan's knickers ;) Thankfully Im on Season 5 now and it seems to be strong again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,341 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I would say the older editions of Knight Rider with David Hasselhoff were really good and fantastic quality. The current interpretation of the show I heard nowadays has gone to absolute s**te.

The 60's Batman would have gone down at season three with Batgirl being introduced into the show.

Current shows like The Mentalist for me is unpredictable at the moment as it reached it's peak when Red John was killed from last season. But that show for me has started good but has gotten much better when the pace of the show increased from it's beginning.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

smilerf wrote: »
    Hannibal started off real slow. half way on season one was better
    Season 2 was just incredible from start to finish

Gotta agree there! I actively slagged it off calling it CSI: Baltimore with a stupid autistic detective hook, but midway through the first season it began to improve and season 2 counts as some of the best television on air at the moment.

I think that what absolutely kills a lot of shows like Lost, Prison Break, Revenge or Homeland is a 'high concept formula' that can only be sustained for at most one or two seasons before attempting to keep it going becomes increesingly preposterous as they attempt to find ever more new and elaborate reasons why the hero needs to escape another prison or fail to actually take revenge on her nemesis because the conspiracy has just become even more elaborate.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Re: Hannibal

I thought season 1 was a blast and season 2 turned into a convoluted mess.

I wont be watching season 3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,986 ✭✭✭conorhal

IvaBigWun wrote: »
    Re: Hannibal

I thought season 1 was a blast and season 2 turned into a convoluted mess.

I wont be watching season 3.

I'm totally the opposite. The only thing that kept me going in season one was Mads Mikelson's reptillian charm that supplanted Anthony Hopkins as Lector in my mind. Otherwise it as just an episodic procedural with a really lazy mcguffin where by no detective work was required because Graham 'just knew' who did it regardless of how thin the clues or evidence.
    Season to was a delicious cat and mouse game between Graham and Lector for the upper hand that just got more and more bonkers and wierd. The cinematography was also stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,654 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Season 2 of Hannibal was immense. Season 1 struck me as it tried too hard to be gruesome and I eventually gave up around the episode 10 mark. Got convinced to give season 2 a go and finished it within 2 days, loved it!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Butterface

The Office (US) started off badly and then steadily became quite a brilliant comedy. After Carell left it dipped sharply.

I think 30 Rock got better as it went on. But in saying that, it was never the most consistent of comedies so there were dips throughout every season. I'll probably revisit again in the future though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

The Newsroom, great pilot then got immediately sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

xpose., started off $hite and still $hite

• Advertisement
Advertisement