Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Japan..fukushima....it hasn't gone away you know!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭EURATS

Shryke wrote: »
    Alright Pottler, fair enough. I didn't mean to attack you.
    There are good reasons that it shouldn't be reported on often and that everything shouldn't be thrown into headlines. It creates panic when people don't fully grasp things, which they wouldn't.

"The effects of Chernobyl have been found to have been far less than thought in a recent study"

"Wow...I guess I must have been imagining things when I saw all the deformed babies,kids and young adults in homes in Belarus. "

. The Japanese are very insular and prideful but they're not stupid. The after effects in the long term aren't going to be calamitous.
    As far as the radioactive contamination of the sea goes its effect is next to nil, even with fish stock affected.

"Yawn...Mary Poppins...eat ur heart out. "

Something being reported on and being dealt with are two different things, reporting itself isn't always a good thing, and it doesn't help in this case except to feed the media machine and cause paranoia.

It must be terrible for everyone there. Because it's nuclear it's very easy to imagine the worst but the worst isn't going to happen thankfully. Far more lives are lost and destroyed over other disasters and genocides and so on.
    The two nuclear bombs dropped on Japan killed less than the fire bombing of Dresden. Because it's nuclear doesn't always mean it's the very worst.

Anyway it's late. Didn't mean to have a go. I'm off for the night.

Yawn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Ah Fukushima Daiichi, nobody saw the positives...

It happened around the time of the Irish orals and anyone smart enough talked pure ****e about it for 10 mins. Fillers like that haven't been as good since 1986! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,206 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Most western news stations arent talking about it. I switched over to Al Jazeera during the week. They had a story about it. But most news agencies dont seem to care. Old news to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

EURATS wrote: »
    Really does seem to have been swept under the carpet!!!

Surprise!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement