Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Nespresso machines in Debenhams

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

r0chf0rt wrote: »
    Does anybody know if you can use these €30 vouchers in the nespresso shop or does it need to be an online order?

I have the T's and C's here on a leaflet and it seems to be online only.

This is the one I have:

http://m.debenhams.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10052_10001_325004042403_-1

Mine has stainless sides but the same machine.

Ah, right. It is the Citiz I want, not the Pixie!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Really good prices OP - I've had a pixie for years - terrific machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Mine was dispatched to store on 12th and no email yet to tell me its there :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Peig Sayers

wait4me wrote: »
    Mine was dispatched to store on 12th and no email yet to tell me its there :mad:

I ordered one on the 10th and I'm still waiting for it to be delivered :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I ordered on the 10th aswell. Got an email on Friday to track my order for delivery saying it was dispatched late on Friday evening. Hopefully not too long until it arrives

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Thanks OP, ordered one on Friday :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭wait4me

Email arrived this evening to tell me to pick it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

mine came by courier just before the Irish game
    great night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I got a text from the courier at about 9pm saying that the machine was with them and it would be delivered tomorrow

• Advertisement

I ordered mine on the 13th. Got the 'dispatched' email yesterday. And just now got a text from Nightline saying they will deliver it tomorrow.
    Cant wait as my old Nespresso machine is nearly dead and is barely making coffee at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Same as, no text yet though.

Went for the U&Milk cos sure why not, can't just drink espressos :D

Still waiting for delivery. Tomorrow will be day 7 since ordering. Not impressed.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭pastor

Could you please let me know if compatible pods example Aldi work in the Magimix Nespresso 'U&Milk' 11344 black coffee maker?

pastor wrote: »
    Could you please let me know if compatible pods example Aldi work in the Magimix Nespresso 'U&Milk' 11344 black coffee maker?

All nespresso pods are the same size, so if it works in one it will work in all of them, the quality of 3rd party pods on the other hand can be questionable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭joeKel73

davo2001 wrote: »
    the quality of 3rd party pods on the other hand can be questionable.

I think the quality of the coffee in the Aldi/Lidl/Supervalu pods is pretty good. However those pods are a thick plastic and the machines are designed to pierce open aluminium pods.

Some people on the coffee forum found that after returning to the genuine Nespresso pods the machine could no longer slice into the aluminium pods properly. You'll also void your warranty, but I don't know how they'd prove that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

J o e wrote: »
    I think the quality of the coffee in the Aldi/Lidl/Supervalu pods is pretty good. However those pods are a thick plastic and the machines are designed to pierce open aluminium pods.

Some people on the coffee forum found that after returning to the genuine Nespresso pods the machine could no longer slice into the aluminium pods properly. You'll also void your warranty, but I don't know how they'd prove that.

I have a Pixie. It's is nearly four years old, and I have never bought a proper Nespresso pod in my life. It has never given me a day of trouble - I used to use L'Or pods from France, and now I use the Super Valu ones. Maybe I have just been lucky.

Menas wrote: »
    I ordered mine on the 13th. Got the 'dispatched' email yesterday. And just now got a text from Nightline saying they will deliver it tomorrow.
    Cant wait as my old Nespresso machine is nearly dead and is barely making coffee at this stage!

And mine has just been delivered. Ordered friday, delivered wednesday. I wont sleep for a week with all the coffee I am about to consume.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

mad m wrote: »
    Which is the best to get out of the top list? Is it worth it getting the milk thing with it?

Yes, if you like cappucino or latte. 100% worth it IMO

Still waiting for delivery. Tomorrow will be day 7 since ordering. Not impressed.

FYI: Ordered mine last Friday and its being delivered to my work address today.

• Advertisement

davo2001 wrote: »
    FYI: Ordered mine last Friday and its being delivered to my work address today.

Finally came today :rolleyes:. Got the blue Inissia one. Lovely looking machine and €20 cheaper than anywhere else. Have only ever used a Senseo (which is also a great machine) so looking forward to comparing them.

Finally came today :rolleyes:. Got the blue Inissia one. Lovely looking machine and €20 cheaper than anywhere else. Have only ever used a Senseo (which is also a great machine) so looking forward to comparing them.

So I fired it up last night. First impressions - coffee was not very hot. I did run some water throught it first into the cup but the temperature was still not as hot as the Senseo. I tried one of the capsules that came with it and it was very strong :eek:. I then tried one of the Supervalu ones, no problem with piercing the capsule. That was better. This morning I tried one of the Aldi ones. The flow was noticeably weaker and I'd be afraid of ruining the machine so will stick to the Nespresso and Supervalu ones.

Early days yet but I'm preferring the Senseo machine for flavour, taste and temperature. The pods are also cheaper and the coffee tastes fresher. I guess it all comes down to convenience and patience with testing the different pods till you find the one that is right for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 tema

So I fired it up last night. First impressions - coffee was not very hot.

Yea I have to agree on this. I always boil a cup of water in the kettle, pour still boiling water into my cup and leave it for a minute or two. Then empty the cup and make my coffee. It's hotter this way. Also I never add cold milk, always froth it before adding to coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just on the inissia magimix with aeroccino in cream for €114. It's not a very pleasant colour in the flesh, kind of a dirty yellowey cream colour.
    The photo isn't really representative of the colour. The krups equivalent white one looks a lot classier as do most of the other colours you can pick if you're going without the aeroccino
    Have a look at one in a shop before you order. Was a bit disappointed with the inissia in general in-the-flesh. Feels cheap (well, it is relatively cheap) - the pixie with aeroccino is worth the €35 extra

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Same as, no text yet though.

Went for the U&Milk cos sure why not, can't just drink espressos :D

Arrived around 2pm - sound driver :D I didn't get any text to pre-warn delivery, driver just rang me about 2-3 hours before he was due in my direction. So if you don't get a text, don't worry.

Made a pretty decent latte all told! Can't get much easier to work either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

@flangemeistro - there has already been an on-thread warning. Please do not continue in this manner

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭clairek6

Got my innisia machine today where is the voucher for the free coffee?

clairek6 wrote: »
    Got my innisia machine today where is the voucher for the free coffee?

You have to register with the Nespresso Club online. When you get your registration number you can then complete the form for your credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I have a Lattismo plus , I find the super value capsules work well, whereas the aldi and lidls did not. With the promotion the nespresso casules work out a little cheaper any way .

I also find that with the milk foamed in , the coffee isn't hot enough . as a plain Longeur etc, it is plently hot, I now find frothing i9n the milk first , then adding the coffee helps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Tried Aldi compatible capsules last night after blitzing though the included free ones.

Not overly impressed with the Aldi ones so far. The plastic on the end is perforated and lined with aluminium so piercing does not seem to be a problem. I did however notice that there is a short stream of water before the coffee kicks in.

Advertisement