Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo A8 8 Inch 16GB Tablet €69.99 @argos [No code requests]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Obviously some codes expiring this evening; just got one for Wexford for tomorrow (and I'm not giving it away!). If you're still hankering for one of these it might be worth checking again.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

The uncollected ones are now popping up. 3 available in the cresent limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

2 in Letterkenny & Longford

(These were left in the stores not reservation codes which I have.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 415 ✭✭Jentle Grenade

Sweet. Managed to bag one in Cork that popped back up. Thanks thread <3

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭grange mac

Sweet. Managed to bag one in Cork that popped back up. Thanks thread <3

Dammit I was tryn for that one !! Oh well!! Haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Dec4

Any reviews from those who have recently purchased this? Is it any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

Reviews on Amazon seem pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

code available for Tullamore till tomorrow at 9pm.

first to send pm gets it.(gone)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

didnt last long :eek:

Sligo1 wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

And again I have deleted another slew of off-topic code posts. If you have an issue, the use the REPORT POST function. Do not clog up the thread.

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭sumsar

Dec4 wrote:
    Any reviews from those who have recently purchased this? Is it any good?

I have it myself, very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Butterball

I managed to get a reservation number last night ...e mail states it available Friday -Monday this weekend ...
    Text states that I will receive a txt when it comes in ...
    Has anyone had this problem before ie conflicting information? ...need to send someone to collect it ..but don't want to send them on a wild goose chase!

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Does anyone know if the a2 covers will fit this. I'm looking for kid friendly ones and they all seem to be for the a2 model

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

freida wrote: »
    Does anyone know if the a2 covers will fit this. I'm looking for kid friendly ones and they all seem to be for the a2 model

yeah looking for same if you find any would appreciate you letting me know

Edit: The A8 and the A8-50 are the same dimensions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Butterball wrote: »
    I managed to get a reservation number last night ...e mail states it available Friday -Monday this weekend ...
    Has anyone had this problem before ie conflicting information? ...need to send someone to collect it ..but don't want to send them on a wild goose chase!

Just means they have to order it in. They will send u a text when it arrives so you know when to go in for it.

Thanks rasco

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

racso1975 wrote: »

I dont think they are the same size, I bought an a8-50 for my son and when I tried the A8 cover it would not fit. Both 8" tabs but in different shapes ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Butterball wrote: »

I went to get a nexus on the day it said to collect without the text and it wasnt in, still waiting on the text though days later.

Id give them a ring if you can before sending someone. I reserved it to collect for lets say 27th but got a text saying it was ready the day before so hopefully the text will come in soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 option

Only 1GB Ram, but I bought it, thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,918 ✭✭✭✭GBX

eamonnq wrote: »

This tablet is also on sale in Argos. It doesnt run the Google Play store - Its Amazon's version of androi. Spec seems OK. Would depend on what you want to use it for? Browsing etc should be fine. As for running games, I'm not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

GBX wrote: »
    This tablet is also on sale in Argos. It doesnt run the Google Play store - Its Amazon's version of androi. Spec seems OK. Would depend on what you want to use it for? Browsing etc should be fine. As for running games, I'm not sure.

Yep, reserved one in Argos, I have a Fire TV box (running Kodi) and have a load of games available through my Amazon account so will be of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

septicsac wrote: »
    I dont think they are the same size, I bought an a8-50 for my son and when I tried the A8 cover it would not fit. Both 8" tabs but in different shapes ??

really? was just that i checked on line and the dimensions of both were the same. Hmmm back to drawing board apologies freida

really? was just that i checked on line and the dimensions of both were the same. Hmmm back to drawing board apologies freida

No worries. It would be nice to know. I don't want to order stuff that doesn't fit

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

I ordered this yesterday. Not sure if it fits it now but can let you know when it gets here
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00UYU2ZYK?ref_=pe_385721_51767431_TE_dp_1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭animaal

I just picked up a Lenovo A8 from Argos. The box (it won't be opened until Christmas) says "Model: Lenovo A5500-F".

When I then did a search, this model number seems to apply to the A8-50.

I'm not sure, but it looks to me that they're the same model. I wonder if septicsac above may have compared slightly different models? It does seem to be confusing with the TAB, TAB2 etc.

Edit: Also, if you go to the Lenovo support site, and search by model for "tab a8", there are two tablets returned; "A8-50 Tablet (A5500)" and "TAB 2 A8-50". So I thinik The A8 and A8-50 may be the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,180 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

If that's a gift for a kid I suggest you open it and sort out all the inevitable updates and sign ups required and have it "ready to go" for them

If it's for an adult, let them figure it out themselves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭septicsac

animaal wrote: »
    I just picked up a Lenovo A8 from Argos. The box (it won't be opened until Christmas) says "Model: Lenovo A5500-F".

When I then did a search, this model number seems to apply to the A8-50.

I'm not sure, but it looks to me that they're the same model. I wonder if septicsac above may have compared slightly different models? It does seem to be confusing with the TAB, TAB2 etc.

Edit: Also, if you go to the Lenovo support site, and search by model for "tab a8", there are two tablets returned; "A8-50 Tablet (A5500)" and "TAB 2 A8-50". So I thinik The A8 and A8-50 may be the same.

Probably alright cover wise if buying a folio type, where there is a bit of leeway. Mine is also the aff00-f and bought a fitted silicon cover for "A8" thinking it was the same, but no where near the same dimensions

Advertisement