Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Vicxas wrote: »
    Oh boy did I get bored real quickly, i've tanked all the way through SoO in LFR. Now im trying to get into normal but no-one will take anyone below 550, and no one is running ToT in normal to help me out.

Mmmmmmmm stagnation.

We are more than likely less than a month away from patch 6.0, the stat squish ect.

Have you done flex? to get the 540 gear (can upgrade to 556).

What is your ilvl? if you are 528, you can probably run the first 4 bosses on normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

Thats exactly what destroyed the game for me, ilvl. People are so focused on how good your gear is compared to how good you actually are. At the release of ToT I started playing again and rolled a mage. Was in a pretty good raiding guild that cleared it by the time I was 90. (Took my time leveling) I asked to come along in a run, was refused because of my gear. But eventually got invited after a few weeks because their warlock had disappeared and I was just ilvl 490. I did more dps in 3 boss encounters then their main raiding group mage (He was frost specc'd I was fire) but he still got all the drops he needed and I was left with the left overs which brought me up to ilvl 510 or something. I asked to come along the next few following weeks. Same excuse as before. My ilvl was too low.. Just ended up quitting the game again.

killanena wrote: »
    Thats exactly what destroyed the game for me, ilvl. People are so focused on how good your gear is compared to how good you actually are. At the release of ToT I started playing again and rolled a mage. Was in a pretty good raiding guild that cleared it by the time I was 90. (Took my time leveling) I asked to come along in a run, was refused because of my gear. But eventually got invited after a few weeks because their warlock had disappeared and I was just ilvl 490. I did more dps in 3 boss encounters then their main raiding group mage (He was frost specc'd I was fire) but he still got all the drops he needed and I was left with the left overs which brought me up to ilvl 510 or something. I asked to come along the next few following weeks. Same excuse as before. My ilvl was too low.. Just ended up quitting the game again.

Well to be honest if they are letting a really crappy mage sit in the guild you were in the wrong guild but i am not sure if 3 bosses would be enough to judge properlly.

A raid leader is looking fora combination of skill, self commitment getting your own gear where possible and commitment to a raid team. All 3 need to be there and if it was a good raid team. Therefore the raid leader probably did the only thing he could do.

Why i say this is raid leaders need to invest, cultivate and reward commited raid members, there should be a set raid team and the raid members take priority in getting gear until they have content on farm. At that stage you can consider getting other people gear.

Where you a social in the guild or a raider? if a raider its a case of them definitely treating you badly. If a social they should have explained it better to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I was a trail raider that got to raid once for 3 bosses out of the 4 months I was a member. And I wasn't inactive, I was on most nights if not every night of the week. Talked to all the members on TS most days. Was a fairly respectable guild on the server. Members were nice and all just giving one of many examples I have of why ilvl shouldn't triumph skill.

Ah right well i mean ilvl is one of the tools a raid leader uses to squeeze people into the 10 spots. If you were a trial raider its understandable to an extent, as your competing with people who have shown their commitment. For every committed player there is a player who is in it for themselves and will get what they need and move on.

I agree with what your saying its just i am saying not all the game is like that and sometimes you have to move guilds to get what you want in the game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Where did people preorder WOD? official route or via online key sales?
    Im thinking now might be a good time to preorder and get my last class to 90 with the free boost,warrior only class not @ 90.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

just did it through blizz account page here. Aint used the 90 boost as got all classes 90 on terenas...... that dead server :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I was going to get it through a key site, but i kind of want the Dread Raven mount from the whatever it's called edition, so i might just get it on the Blizz store. Still not sure who i'll use my boost on. I've a lvl44 Priest who i might get to lvl60 before boosting, or i might just boost a Shaman to 90 and work on my professions before WoD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Bought it standard on the Blizzard store. Still have my 90 unused. Planning to use it for my third alt in WoD sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Ive every class at 90 now, but not left with the conundrum of what the feck to play :(

• Advertisement

This legendary quest will be the death of me. LFR spamming for ****ing Runestones now. Still 0/12.

lol your unlucky, especially with gaze of the black prince buff atm.

Calhoun wrote: »
    lol your unlucky, especially with gaze of the black prince buff atm.

Halls of Flesh and the other ToT done today, 1 rune stone. ONE. WITH THE BUFF. This Flex better make up for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Halls of Flesh and the other ToT done today, 1 rune stone. ONE. WITH THE BUFF. This Flex better make up for it :(

You get one from there anyways. Buff or not. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Ive given up on the legendary questline, no-one is around to kill that Horde commander is Kasarang. And my tank still needs 2000 Valor points..

Sake...

Vicxas wrote: »
    Ive given up on the legendary questline, no-one is around to kill that Horde commander is Kasarang. And my tank still needs 2000 Valor points..

Sake...

Once 6.0 hits you will skip past the valor quest line.

Edit: missed that you said horde commander, if you want to ping me your real id i can help you kill him tonight.

That's what you get for playing Alliance :D - I would've gladly helped had it been Horde!

Is there any point on getting gear at the moment, with WoD around the corner? Won't absolutely everything be replaced within 2 levels?

Kiith wrote: »
    Is there any point on getting gear at the moment, with WoD around the corner? Won't absolutely everything be replaced within 2 levels?

True but if your a competionist you might want it as it's gone in wod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

depends on the level of gear that you are at right now to be honest.
    My main's gear should last me to level 97-99, give take some of the new stats coming in by I'm meant to be using Crit as the main secondary anyways.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13423478/warlords-of-draenor%E2%84%A2-alpha-patch-notes-06-13-2014-6-13-2014#secondary_attumenents

Starter quest rewards are going to be lower than normal (553) SoO gear according to Lore on US forums.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13087418960#9

Beta pre-made characters start with 500 ilvl atm with the first quest rewards from Tanaan Jungle @ 505 ish.

MagicIRL wrote: »

I dont like this guy, he doesnt like resto shamans. As someone who has mained a resto shaman for 4-5 years ill wait until the changes are in place before i make a decisions.

Bit of an issue i thought id run by you guys.
    Im going to preorder and get my 90 boost most likely hunter with the view to it possibly being my main for WOD [for a number of reasons]
    All my horde toons are on one server with a nice 65k gold but only hunter in sight is a lowbie lvl 10.
    On the other hand i have a 71 hunter on another server as alliance with very little gold.
    Taking into account i would like to get the profession boost to 600 for lvl 60 characters.

Do i

A. lvl up the lowbie lvl 10 hunter on horde with access to 65k gold [leveling allover again which to me would be utterly painful to me]

or

B.Use the boost on the lvl 71 alliance hunter which would also benefit from the profession boost but would start off pretty poor but i quite fancy going alliance after years of horde.

I suppose im wondering if anyone knows if gold will be a big issue or how easy/hard will it be to obtain in WOD?

If you have heirlooms, you'll get to lvl60 in absolutely no time. Levelling is insanely quick. I'm doing a Rogue at the moment, and i don't even get half way through a zone before moving on.

If you have heirlooms, you'll get to lvl60 in absolutely no time. Levelling is insanely quick. I'm doing a Rogue at the moment, and i don't even get half way through a zone before moving on.

Yeah i have heirlooms but the thought of it is killing me lol.

Dcully wrote: »
    Bit of an issue i thought id run by you guys.
    Im going to preorder and get my 90 boost most likely hunter with the view to it possibly being my main for WOD [for a number of reasons]
    All my horde toons are on one server with a nice 65k gold but only hunter in sight is a lowbie lvl 10.
    On the other hand i have a 71 hunter on another server as alliance with very little gold.
    Taking into account i would like to get the profession boost to 600 for lvl 60 characters.

Do i

A. lvl up the lowbie lvl 10 hunter on horde with access to 65k gold [leveling allover again which to me would be utterly painful to me]

or

B.Use the boost on the lvl 71 alliance hunter which would also benefit from the profession boost but would start off pretty poor but i quite fancy going alliance after years of horde.

I suppose im wondering if anyone knows if gold will be a big issue or how easy/hard will it be to obtain in WOD?

With the gold inflation coming as long as you are on an active realm you will be ok. 65K gold is not much and really isnt worth it if you want to try alliance.

I would go with the alliance.

With the gold inflation coming as long as you are on an active realm you will be ok. 65K gold is not much and really isnt worth it if you want to try alliance.

I would go with the alliance.

Considering my current realm Aggramar is dead and the hunters realm Kilrogg seems a lot busier im inclined to think the same.
    Im considering just going with gathering proffs to make some guild early expansion.

I'm going to try and level two new characters to lvl85 (Priest and Shaman probably) before the expansion hits, and hope that they nerf the xp required to level from 85-90. It takes long enough when you're rested the whole way, and i don't fancy doing that again when not rested.

Is questing and completing dailies the best way to make steady gold at the moment? I've barely any on any of my characters, and wouldn't mind at least have a few thousand before WoD hits. I did get around 3-4k just from levelling to 85 on both my Paladin and Warlock, but spent it on heirlooms and the flying skills.

I'm going to try and level two new characters to lvl85 (Priest and Shaman probably) before the expansion hits, and hope that they nerf the xp required to level from 85-90. It takes long enough when you're rested the whole way, and i don't fancy doing that again when not rested.

Is questing and completing dailies the best way to make steady gold at the moment? I've barely any on any of my characters, and wouldn't mind at least have a few thousand before WoD hits. I did get around 3-4k just from levelling to 85 on both my Paladin and Warlock, but spent it on heirlooms and the flying skills.

When was the last time you levelled to 90 ? Maybe it's just me but I don't see it as a chore at all anymore I believe it had been nerfed already as most time I ding 90 well before getting to the zone appropriate for 90.

You make a good bit on the way to 90, you make quite allot from dailies ect.

• Advertisement

When was the last time you levelled to 90 ? Maybe it's just me but I don't see it as a chore at all anymore I believe it had been nerfed already as most time I ding 90 well before getting to the zone appropriate for 90.

You make a good bit on the way to 90, you make quite allot from dailies ect.

Just got my Warlock to 90 a few days ago, and my Paladin to 90 about 2 weeks ago. Wasn't crazy slow, but i was on rested the whole way. I know people said the XP requirements was nerfed before MoP, but maybe it's already happened. Was around 18 million xp from 89-90 iirc.

Yeah, apparently it was nerfed by 33% in 5.3, so i guess it's where it's going to stay. Ah well, it's not too bad, and i'll be on the Horde side the next time.

Advertisement