Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jazz is gone missing

Options
  • 17-10-2010 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

I have also posted this in the lost and found section but am hoping it's ok to post here also. My little Jack has been missing now for 3 hours and I'm worried sick about her, she doesn't know this area well enough to find her way home if she's gone somewhere unfamiliar.

she's chipped but not wearing her usual collar so she doesn't have her tags on her :(

So if anyone has seen her in the Ashbourne area please please drop me a line. I am always online thanks to me phone

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Ah now thats terrible, i really hope you find her.

Try putting up posters everywhere in the local area. Fingers crossed she comes back and keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

O you poor thing:( I really hope you find her. Please keep us updated. X

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭portgirl123

Any news on jazz?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭belongtojazz

No afraid not, she's been gone for 11 hours now and I'm utterly heartbroken. I have searched the estate and town all day, I have posters up, she's on about 5 lost and found websites and I've spoken to loads of people out walking their dogs. It's as though she has disappeared off the face of the earth.

I can't believe the first time I took her tags off she's gone missing, so on top of missing her I feel so guilty. I haven't stopped crying since my daughter went to bed. I just want my baby home. I have so many horrible visions of her being injured somewhere and crying for me and I can't help her.

I'm sorry for such a long post but I'm just devastated and I can't let on to my family :(

Oh and I start a new job tomorrow so I can't spend anytime searching for her and I have to try and act as though everything is ok :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Don't give up anyway, it's an awful feeling when a dog goes missing.
    Just keep putting posters up randomly, keep a stack of them with you.
    It could be possible that she's not that far away and someone could of taken her in and not thought to check for a chip yet.

Try the local radio stations and put an ad in the paper.
    Contact the local pounds as well just in case she's turned up there.

Dont give up. Put posters up everywhere locally. Contact all the pounds in the area everyday and ring the local garda stations and vets too and inform them in case someone notifies them.

Our dog went missing before and was picked up 3 days later so font give up.

Did she escape from the garden or on a walk?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

:( Read this earlier and hoped she'd have turned up by now. At least if she turns up in a pound or vets she'll be scanned. My friends boxer pup went missing and turned up a week later, she was outside a chineese singing for her supper and the owner of the take away took her home. He saw one of the missing posters a few days later. Hopefully Jazz will turn up as well.

andreac wrote: »
    Dont give up. Put posters up everywhere locally. Contact all the pounds in the area everyday and ring the local garda stations and vets too and inform them in case someone notifies them.

Our dog went missing before and was picked up 3 days later so font give up.

Did she escape from the garden or on a walk?

She was in the front garden. I think she wandered off with another little Jack who was out and about, the ironic part is that he came back and sat outside our house crying for her and when I was searching for her I found his owner searching for him. So he went home safe and sound about 5 this evening and my baby is still out there somewhere.

I'm going to speak to them at work in the morning and see if I can take a half hour to ring around the vets and as soon as I get home I'm going to stick up more posters.

It's killing me not knowing if she's ok. My family keep saying as she's really friendly someone will have taken her in, but all I keep thinking is that the only way she would stay away from me is if she's injured and can't get home :(

It is reassuring to hear the stories of dogs turning up, a lot of people I spoke to today said the same, that's all thats keeping me from cracking up completely at the moment. I just keep wandering up and down the street and expecting to see her come bombing up to me. I feel like part of me has been chopped off.

Ah i totally know how you feel. When our dog went missing i cried for 3 days, its the not knowing which is the worst. Ours had ran for miles and was found up at Newlands Cross Golf course and we live at Firhouse so she ran for miles (was thunder and lightening).
    She was found hiding under the hedge at the course and was brought in to our local vets as it happens and they rang us and it was her.

So dont give up, just contact as many people as possible in the area and put up posters in the local shops, petrol stations etc and im sure someone will have her.
    Ill keep everything crossed for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

Oh no, I hope you find her. Put a poster up in JC's supermarket in Swords. Loads of people from Ashbourne shop there and I always see people checkin out the notice board. Maybe put a picture of her up here. I'm between Swords and Ashbourne and I'll keep an eye out for her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭sligopark

oh God - hope this turns out for the best :(

Thank you all for your support.
    I had no sleep last night and now have to head off for the first day in a new job and to be perfectly honest all I want to do is curl up in a ball and cry.

My dad has decided to take the day off and he is going to ring vets, pounds etc and has agreed to put more posters up for me.

Please all keep your fingers crossed and I'll update as soon as we know anything

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Oh my heart goes out to you, I really hope you find her.

Hopefully someone has her safe and sound in their house and has to wait until the vets open today to go get her checked for a chip as they wouldnt have been able to do it over the weekend. I have shared on my facebook page the link from lost and found pets.

Hope you are on shortly with good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭DeadlyByDesign

I do hope all ends up well. Is there any news yet?

Please, please, please God you will have good news today. I feel is is most likely that she has gone in somewhere and is being looked after so the higher a profile you can create the better. Fair play to you Dad for helping you out.
    What an awful way to start a new job - try to stay strong. Once she is back home with you all will be well. Big hug to you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Keeping my fingers crossed you'll find her today ;) It is such an awful feeling when they go missing!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭lisasimps

do you have pictures and i breif description of her and the area she went missing, and we can put it up on our facebooks?

Heres the link..

http://www.lostandfoundpets.ie/zb37ab

if you search for lost and found pets ireland on FB scroll down and you can share this posting.

I have posted the link on my facebook.

• Advertisement

She's home!!!!!!! She had wandered down to the main road and was taken in by someone working at the garage. They had been to the gardai so when we dropped the poster in this morning, one of the guys on duty last night recognised her and went up to the lady who had her, she then rang me. I have never been so pleased to get a call in my life. Now to figure out how to thank the lady who took care of her .

That is fantastic, you must be so relieved!! Im sure shes delighted to be home!! :D

Ahhh thats amazing, so happy for ye all! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Great news, delighted she's home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

great news,bet you cant wait to finish work now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭sionnaic

Oh I was so so hoping this thread would have a happy ending!! :) My heart was sinking as I read down through it. Thank God she's safe :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭rhonin

Great news!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Excellent news. Was keeping my eyes peeled for her after seeing one of your posters yesterday

Came straight in from work and checked this thread! I'm thrilled!!! I really am! Lots of cuddles for the evening and then you can warn her never to do that again!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭Blogger50

Brilliant! I've only just seen this thread and my stomach was in knots reading through it.

I am delighted for you :D

Advertisement