Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Israeli organ donors to get transplant priority

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

Interesting idea. Although I'm sure there would have to be other crteria. It would be a bit of a joke if George Best got a liver just because he had an organ donor card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

However I do thank you for pointing out to me, that i was pointing out something and that by pointing out something, other people could percieve that as being me making something out of something else, such as in your example mountains or mole hills or perhaps even cake.

Yours
    Very :confused:

Which one are you, Meekus or Brint?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

mikom wrote: »
    Which one are you, Meekus or Brint?

First its about commas now its about zoolander, do you have an issue with me?
    Are you gong to just quote me and make silly comments?

bbbbbbb comma's :rolleyes:

Eagerly awaiting your reply! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 cmcd

Robbie you are not much craic for a robber. This is after hours, it was pointed out to you already.Go easy on the :rolleyes: you might do yourself an injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Should be implemented here along with a reward scheme (of some type) for blood donation.

There already is a "reward"

Regular blood donors are exempt from the BTSB "service charge"

Prioritising organ donors does not discriminate against homosexuals or those whose organs are unsuitable for donation since anyone can register as an organ donor and a decision on the useability of their organs is not made until they are dead (even if unsuitable for transplant they can still be used for research)
    amacachi wrote: »
    Until the carrying of a donor card overrides the next-of-kins right to decide what happens to someone's organs I won't be carrying a card.
    Why

You (and I) may disagree with the possibility but your manner of protesting it amounts (at best) to throwing your toys out of the pram and (at worst) amounts denying life saving treatment to one (or more) people in order to make some kind of point ?
    I don't want no homo blood in me...
    Fine. They can let you die and give the blood to a worthier recipient

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Ta decision on the useability of their organs is not made until they are dead (even if unsuitable for transplant they can still be used for research)

Actually an organ can not be transplanted from a dead person!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,018 ✭✭✭Mike 1972

Actually you are talking through your vagina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Mike 1972 wrote: »
    Actually you are talking through your vagina

Really, pray tell?.

Although in about a nano second I'll have forgotten about you & can't promise to read your reply, but pray tell all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

No idea if it's been said or not:

What would stop me signing up and then letting my next of kin know that it's actually just a fraud and they are not to let anyone take my organs when I die?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Very good attempt at distraction,

Distraction from what?
    what other assumption would you suggest I take from these comments?

A certain antipathy towards the Israeli state....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

toiletduck wrote: »
    Fine, I should give my posts the same attention as a legal document in future. It's rather pedantic to get bogged down in I think. In future I'll make sure to use "MSM" (Men who have sex with Men). Happy? :pac:

I think it should be challenged anyways.

I'm not being pedantic, its just the way you were referring to it makes it out to be homophobia when its actually a safety measure.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭SomeDose

Mike 1972 wrote:
    Prioritising organ donors does not discriminate against homosexuals or those whose organs are unsuitable for donation since anyone can register as an organ donor and a decision on the useability of their organs is not made until they are dead (even if unsuitable for transplant they can still be used for research)

You guys are both incorrect! Organs for donation can be harvested from both live and deceased (cadaveric) donors. Obviously only certain organs permit transplants from live donors, the kidney being the best example. Deceased donors are further sub-divided into "heartbeating" and "non-heartbeating", meaning that although they are clinically and legally dead, the heart may be kept beating in order to maintain a healthy blood supply to the organ for as long as possible (heartbeating donor). A non-heartbeating donor would be someone who dies suddenly and has no heart beat at the time of harvesting, a car crash victim for example.

Advertisement