Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Diablo 3

• 09-12-2011 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

Hi,

Did anyone else here got into the Diablo 3 Closed public beta?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

No, but im looking forward to this game, any hint of a release date yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i am in it since day one. havent logged in to it for ages though, not much to do after you clear it once, unless you in to grinding your tits off.

i would love to know release date though, so i can book 2 weeks holiday :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

i am in it since day one. havent logged in to it for ages though, not much to do after you clear it once, unless you in to grinding your tits off.

i would love to know release date though, so i can book 2 weeks holiday :p

Dont be giving me ideas!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

nothing official from blizzard but play.com seem to think 24th january. Cant imagine it being that soon for some reason.

nothing official from blizzard but play.com seem to think 24th january. Cant imagine it being that soon for some reason.

i would not trust play.com, but i cant see it being so late...

it was planed to be released this year, but its pushed back. i presume middle january for some reason.

• Advertisement

feels like its been in beta for an eternity at this stage

Man i remember seeing the original tech demo for d3 and thought to myself, Nice one! something decent to play next year, that was like 3 years ago lol

feels like its been in beta for an eternity at this stage

Man i remember seeing the original tech demo for d3 and thought to myself, Nice one! something decent to play next year, that was like 3 years ago lol

they are already testing out AHs etc.

blizzard does not take too much time after beta to release, look at Cataclysm. Beta was over and it was really really soon when it was announced and released.

yeah, i've been keeping an eye on it every so often waiting for the release date and playing torchlight :)

i was told a few minutes ago - late winter or early spring.... **** that ****...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Wish they'd hurry up with the PC release !

Is it possible to get into the beta ? Its a closed beta right ? Or is it closed at this stage ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mr E wrote: »

Was always going to happen. It's too big a money maker to not have it on all available platforms. Good for console users, though i'll stick to my pc copy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,800 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a simple enough game and Torchlight supposedly worked well on consoles so no doubt this will.

i think console gamers should just go an buy PC for this good game. its better to be a multipatform gamer and enjoy all means of gaming!

am i doing this right? :cool:

now to be on serious note:

i am prety sure PC and console will have separate release dates and have different teams working on it, so it should not interupt PC progress.

Knowing blizzard they will just release it " when its ready " or "soon - soonish", so far i put my money on march and april like SC1.

so 2 major titles this year for blizzard? i am wondering if they will try something to "delay" one for marketing reasons...

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a simple enough game and Torchlight supposedly worked well on consoles so no doubt this will.

to be fair my first diablo experience was on Playstation 1. it worked fine so i dont see much of problems in that, plus voice communication on consoles is very integrited so it would help out too. thought what about AH?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

SO diablo 3 is out this year then..

Dunno if many people have been reading bout it.. had a quick look just there! Look like fun!! old games were class!

Diablo home page

Good auld wikipedia

hypermuse wrote: »
    SO diablo 3 is out this year then..

Dunno if many people have been reading bout it.. had a quick look just there! Look like fun!! old games were class!

Diablo home page

Good auld wikipedia

well with them aiming at xmas release and over shooting it so badly, then you dont need to be a rocket scientist to figure it out, that it will come out this year! :D

anyone knows anything new in beta? i got beta on old pc and did not bothered updating it and havent loged in for ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

I'm completely out of the loop for this

Is there any way to still somehow play the beta?

Or did I have to be one of the lucky chosen few? (I ending up buying the Starcraft 2 beta)

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I'm completely out of the loop for this

Is there any way to still somehow play the beta?

Or did I have to be one of the lucky chosen few? (I ending up buying the Starcraft 2 beta)

lucky ones. good few of my friends newer got beta.

though i got bored of it after 2h as its only very beginning and very low level cap.

there are rumors now that it might be delayed even more due to legal issues in some countries... i hope its only a rumor ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Legal issues are due to the auction house being a form of gambling yea?:pac:

• Advertisement

Legal issues are due to the auction house being a form of gambling yea?:pac:

thats what i though too. blizzard is really walking a fine line there with AH crap.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,132 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

May 15th is now the release date.

May 15th is now the release date.

i cant believe i will say this, but i am sooooooooooooo dont give a flying poo about it. if i would have said this date before xmas i would cream my pants.
    I just so burned out of diablo 3. it takes them so much time that i dont have any excitement left over. i will still pick it up on may 15, but i am not counting days an hours now. i will just go pick it up like any other game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

i cant believe i will say this, but i am sooooooooooooo dont give a flying poo about it. if i would have said this date before xmas i would cream my pants.
    I just so burned out of diablo 3. it takes them so much time that i dont have any excitement left over. i will still pick it up on may 15, but i am not counting days an hours now. i will just go pick it up like any other game.

Im looking forward to it immensely.
    I always knew it would take ages, its blizzard ya know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

May 15th?? Harvey Normans, PC World, Argos, Tesco you better get some new mice as there is some button smashing to be done in May!!

Dcully wrote: »
    Im looking forward to it immensely.
    I always knew it would take ages, its blizzard ya know.

ofc m8. like i said i will buy it, but even for my surprise today, i am so meh about knowing when it will come out.

lets hope all that console simplification wont hurt pc version much. i am cba redownloading beta to see it thought...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

lets hope all that console simplification wont hurt pc version much. i am cba redownloading beta to see it thought...

How is it console simplification? :confused:

Kiith wrote: »

if you played the beta on release and now, its two different games. tottaly changed and simplified to be better for consoles. menus, skill maping buttons etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Kiith wrote: »
    Don't mind him, he's just antsy. It'll be great, I'm pretty sure of it.

• Advertisement

Don't mind him, he's just antsy. It'll be great, I'm pretty sure of it.

antsy :confused::confused::confused: wtf that means?

Advertisement