Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Justified - [US] ** Spoilers **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

OT - but I'm working through Man Vs Food.. love it!

Justified is next too! :D

I was genuinely surprised by how much I loved Justified and definitely looking forward to Season Two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

I was genuinely surprised by how much I loved Justified and definitely looking forward to Season Two.
    Got hooked early on myself and caught up to it with a bit of a marathon.

Really looking forward to season two. Some great scope for interesting stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Season Two kicks off in the States on Wednesday. Cannot ******* wait.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489428/episodes#season-2

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

ah very good, it's been a while

Good start to the season. It took me a few minutes to remember what went on last season,I should really have watched a recap or rewatched the season finale again before watching this but I remembered the plot after a few minutes.

Also looks like we have a new "clan" and they seem pretty redneck brutal! Jeremy Davis from Lost should be good I reckon but his mother who seems to be the head of the clan could be one interesting character. In one way she seems like a nice motherly type country woman,on the other, a cold hearted brutal bitch! The other son is also a cop which is interesting. I also loved how Raylan knows them all from when he was young,like he knows Boyd,which makes it far more interesting when he comes up against them.

And let's face it,Raylan Givens is just a cool character! Olyphant is great. Walton Goggins (Boyd) is also a season regular now so that's pretty cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,218 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Great episode, delighted to see Raylan Givens back - he's one cool, complicated dude! I like the way they just jumped back in to it, none of this 'previously on justified' stuff, although like you said, it took me a while to remember what had been going on, but I prefer shows that make you have to work a bit rather than spoon feeding you through the plot.

The great thing about the opener is how it continued the story from right after the previous season's finale. God, that Bennett mother is crazy!

Pre-season I would have thought the Bennets are just a side dish for the Raylan-Boyd thing, but based on E1 I reckon they are the main course, god almighty they are the stuff; the dead rat, the Accept T-shirt, the bear trap, the apple pie, the razor wire, one's even po-po. Legend, absolute legend.
    Directed by Adam Arkin, who many will know as Ethan Zobel from Season Two of Samcro.
    And Rayla bedded the ex again, ka-chow!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭red dave

Very good episode I thought. Great to see it back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Forgot how great this show is, it's got a kinda feel good factor about it but it's also pretty bad ass.

Raylan Givens is some slick mother****er!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Great show, I watched the entire Season 1 a few months back

Though I was a bit lost with the first episode of Season 2 at the start. I probably should have watched the end of season 1 to refresh

Delighted it's back

Holy ****. The end of the most recent episode was ****ed up. The mother hammering her son's fingers.

Holy ****. The end of the most recent episode was ****ed up. The mother hammering her son's fingers.

Excellent episode, momma Bennett is starting to come into her own now.

That Boyd is certainly no fool either!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Officially renewed for a third season.

Anyone keeping up wth this? It's probably the best thing on TV right now.

Very good episode this week with plenty of action, the mining owner is hot! Boyd is such a good character as well, hope he gets up to his bad ways again soon.

It probably had the most obvious stunt guy ever during the fight scene in the shop though, he was a good couple of stone smaller than the guy he was meant to be :) I even thought it was a different character at one stage!

Raylan Givens is just such a cool character.Pity not many people know about this show. Has any channel this side of the Atlantic picked it up? Really good show,Boyd is also a great character and the stuff with the Bennets is already really good and you can tell it is going to heat up a hell of a lot more. Also the fact that Raylan did in Dickie's knee back in the day will obviously come back.

Do the Bennets have more people than just their family and a few corrupt cops?

The latest episode of Justified is a must see. Holy ****. What a show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Just started watching it recently and love it :D
    Can't believe this stars the same guy from Hitman/Die Hard 4...he's miles better in this show...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

This week’s episode was a cut above anything I’ve seen on TV for a while now. Maybe since Damages. Is there really no-one showing it in Ireland?

Sc@recrow wrote: »
    Just started watching it recently and love it :D
    Can't believe this stars the same guy from Hitman/Die Hard 4...he's miles better in this show...

He was great in Deadwood.

As for that episode,feckin brilliant. Mama Bennett will be gunning for Raylan now and she is one scary ass woman!

What an episode.

Best thing on tv now by a country mile.

The dedication to the two deputy US marshalls at the end that were killed on duty really made me think. One of them was a couple of years youngers than me and already a us marshall.

Playing catchup slowly.. only on Season 1 Episode 5 but will be caught-up before the finale.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tags

The dedication to the two deputy US marshalls at the end that were killed on duty really made me think. One of them was a couple of years youngers than me and already a us marshall.

Yeah that was definitely a goosebumps moment.

Caught up on this now.

The second season has been superb.. far better than the first (which I thought lost it's way at times).

The Bennett family storylines has been superb - it also helps that they'd got cracking actors portraying them (Margo Martindale, Jeremy Davies and Brad William Henke have all been top-notch).

The only storyline I've been unsure about whole Winona stealing money from evidence started a little hokey but the episode where they were trying to get the money back into evidence was great.

It's a show that excels when it strays with the formulaic "criminal of the week" storylines.

For anyone who gave up on it after 2 - 3 episodes, ye should really give it another shot. As the first couple of episodes were all the "criminal of the week" episodes like I said.. when you get past them, it really comes into it's own.

Really has been a serious lack of Ava this season... really tiring of Winona tbh!

Goggins and Olyphant have some great chemistry when they're interacting Boyd and Raylan.. the scene where Raylan is checking the courtroom for explosives, sees Boyd sitting in there and then Boyd offering to help was great.

Excellent show.. just full of really cool interesting characters. And while it's relatively easy-watching, it still demands your attention.

Have to agree about this season Basq,it has been great. Last night's episode was great although I thought they were going to kill off Winona,who has been fairly irritating,and then Raylan would have to stay.

Great to see Boyd back in the game,trying to take back Harlan and other areas for his family. Also will be interesting to see Dickie going against Boyd and of course going against his own mother. Mags is a great character,loved her slapping that bloke in the face and threatening him with his life.

It will also be interesting to see who tried to kill Raylan,didn't seem like anyone from the Bennents,someone maybe from that mob boss from the first season maybe? As Raylan said there are so many people trying to kill him!

• Advertisement

tvnutz wrote: »
    It will also be interesting to see who tried to kill Raylan,didn't seem like anyone from the Bennents,someone maybe from that mob boss from the first season maybe? As Raylan said there are so many people trying to kill him!

I reckon it was a two-for-one deal, by Gary her soon-to-be-divorced husband, and by extension that mad bunch that Raylan had a run-in with in series one(episode 7 I think).

Another great episode and
    Boyd and Ava hooking up
    was great to see. Great, great show.

Advertisement