Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheat free recipes and ideas

Options
  • 03-01-2015 9:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi guys
    I've been advised to go Wheat Free and I'm finding it not too bad as bake and make everything from scratch .....until Christmas came of course and found it difficult with eating out and being at home etc where I didn't have easy access to ingredients. Am I paying for it now?

I'm having difficulty with lunch ideas for work especially. Can ppl share recipes here please?

Also as I said its wheat free recipes and not gluten free as there is a difference which I'm still getting the hang of 😃

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Crappyghost

Is it lunch box ideas your looking for OP or for cooking meals?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Anything involving meat, veg, and fruit should be fine
    Make dinners and bring leftovers or soups/stews to work
    you can bake most things same as with wheat, using stuff like dove farm WF flour

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Odlums Tritamyl flour is good for baking (not pastry) and for thickening sauces. It makes a nice bread using the simple recipe on the packet. Xantham gum can help if your baking is turning out a bit crumbly.
    Stuff that can be premade and used for work lunches: risotto and jambalaya, casseroles, curry. There are hundreds of recipes, I dont bother looking for wheat free specifically, I usually adapt regular ones if required.

Aldi have a good range of wheat free products now, including sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

Oryx wrote: »
    Odlums Tritamyl flour is good for baking (not pastry)

After a couple of, ahem, disasters I made two great pastries with it over Christmas. I think the key is to blend it - I added ground almonds to one lot (along with an egg yolk and xantham gum) and icing sugar/almonds/egg/xantham to another.
    Both were surprisingly good and stayed pretty tasty for around a week (mince pies aplenty omnommm...)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

It's funny, I got xantham and never ended up using it. Any recipe i've tried has been a 1:1 subs. I tend to bake choc cakes, sponge cakes, cupcakes, cookies though

• Advertisement
Advertisement