Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Midweek 5 aside - Coolmine - sign up!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭kenon

Tusky wrote: »
    It says 7 a side on the website.

Some of the clubs rent two pitches and play length ways and they are what are considered 7 a side.

5/6 a side football

Coolmine Sports Centre - Wednesdays - 8pm

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Mmmm_Lemony

I'll play thursday if its on. Sent a PM to Tusky.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'll play thursday if its on. Sent a PM to Tusky.

Great stuff - added you on teamer.
    ciaran76 wrote: »
    I have 1 lad who can play.He just back from Autralia and has no phone yet but he said he will defo play on Thurs evening.

So with Ciarans mate and the 9 on teamer, we have 10.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Seeing as this thread appears to be where everything's organised each week I'm going to sticky it and unstick the other one.

So with Ciarans mate and the 9 on teamer, we have 10.

Ten people agreed to play two days in advance is good goin'.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Advertisement

kenon wrote: »
    Ten people agreed to play two days in advance is good goin'.

Yup! Still think we should aim for 12 each week. If you only have 10, and then someone pulls out at the last minute, you end up playing 5v4 which is no fun.

Just to say guys, we are playing tonight rain or shine! Dont let the weather put you off, as once you start playing it doesnt matter. Rain and wind is supposed to ease off this evening anyway, according to the forecast.

Remember, if you pull out it means that everyone else will be playing an uneven game (5v4 or 4v4) and also paying more. So I think tis fair enough to say that if this happens, you wont be asked to play again.

Do people think this is too harsh, or reasonable enough ?

I enjoy playing in the rain and on a wet surface.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Yep me and my mate still in.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

Will be there tonight,

Can't wait to freeze me arse off in the cold rain :P

• Advertisement

w00t, rain has stopped and wind has died down.

Ive had someone pm me asking for a game tonight, which would give us 11. So if anyone can get an extra person, we can play 6v6 - otherwise we will just stick to 5v5 and he can play next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭MYP82

sorry just checked the boards i was onlyu looking on teamer all week. the lad who came last week - richie was my mate. he cant play for a week or two his toes broken. sorry should have cjecked these boards earlier. he wasnt on teamer anyway tho so we should have 10 from the sounds of it anyway.

MYP82 wrote: »
    sorry just checked the boards i was onlyu looking on teamer all week. the lad who came last week - richie was my mate. he cant play for a week or two his toes broken. sorry should have cjecked these boards earlier. he wasnt on teamer anyway tho so we should have 10 from the sounds of it anyway.

No worries - pass me on his details when hes ready to play again so we can get him set up on teamer.

No worries - pass me on his details when hes ready to play again so we can get him set up on teamer.

yeah will do, it'll be a week or two i think but il get the details of him this week

Good game lads, shame it was only 5v4 though. Personally I reckon you'd fit 6v6 on that pitch no bother...7v7 might be a bit tight though

Yeah was a shame we missing 1 for a fairer match even though the lads with 4 did very well.

I felt like bambi out there last night couldn't get my feet going at all.

Good game lads, shame it was only 5v4 though. Personally I reckon you'd fit 6v6 on that pitch no bother...7v7 might be a bit tight though

I agree, 6v6 would be perfect. Someone else has just sent me a pm, him and his mate are interested in playing. Add that to the guy from last night and we have 3 extra players. Also Tom was sick last night and Paul had to work. So we should definitely be able to get 12 in future.

Bibs came today, their grand grand considering they were only 2 euro each (although I paid 10).

I want to find out who didn't turn up, so if you see yourself or someone who you know was there last night, cross them off the list. Think I know most of them...

Alex, Ben, Ciaran & mate, Pat, Kevin, Gareth, Ken, Chris, Aaron

In regards to the booking, we have 3 weeks left. We could either play those 3 weeks and then stop - getting it started up again in January when hopefully the weather is a bit better.

Or I could extend the booking by 3/4/5 games. What do people think ?

As I said, I work shift with Intel over in leixlip so I will play any thursday up until christmas, but after start of jan will move to the other end of the week so will only be able to play 4/8 weeks as I work days for 4 and nights for 4.

Any word on the bloke that did his ankle in?

Any word on the bloke that did his ankle in?

hey. ye my ankle is sore but it'll be grand for next week. its weak it always happens.

i,m gareth i dont know how to cross my name off but i ewaS THERE

• Advertisement

So it was either Kevin or Chris. I'm almost sure there was a guy called Chris there last night but not certain.

Alex, Ben, Ciaran & mate, Pat, Kevin, Gareth, Ken, Chris, Aaron
    hey. ye my ankle is sore but it'll be grand for next week. its weak it always happens.

Ive the same problem with my left knee.

Chris was on my team wearing a Man Utd jersey.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭clap-for-trap

I think we should just keep playing. up to the rest of you though??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 spotdedog

Hi i live local would like a game.

We should keep it going, I dont think theres much need for an xmas break.

5/6 a side football

PM me for a game

Thread

ye id say keep going.

I think we should just keep playing. up to the rest of you though??
    ye id say keep going.

Ok, point taken. The last date I have booked in is the 10th, so I will book the 17th as well, then we will have to take a break as the next two Thursdays are 24th (Christmas eve) and 31st (New Years).

So last game in December will be 17th, and we will start back again on the 7th of January.

Ok, point taken. The last date I have booked in is the 10th, so I will book the 17th as well, then we will have to take a break as the next two Thursdays are 24th (Christmas eve) and 31st (New Years).

So last game in December will be 17th, and we will start back again on the 7th of January.

cool sounds good

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

ciaran76 wrote: »
    Chris was on my team wearing a Man Utd jersey.

Yeah that was me just to clarify that I was there :p

Playing up to the 17th sounds good too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kwyjibot

What would people think of paying up front for the block of games after Christmas? The last couple of groups I played with did this, and it worked out pretty well.

Basically the 10 (12?) guys who are likely to be playing every week pay the €50/€60 up front for the 10 weeks. Main benefits of this are:
    • no need to bring cash each week
    • less hassle in organising, ensuring booking keeps rolling over, etc
    • on those freak weeks when only 6 show up, you don't end up paying a tenner a head for a 3v3
    • if a few people are going to be missing on a given week, it can be an easier sell to get extra guys in if you can tell them that it's a free game for them that week!
    • no chance of losing our slot for at least 10 weeks in a row
    Downside is obviously having to cough up 10 week's cash straight after christmas!

Thoughts?

Advertisement