Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cycle 100k

Options
  • 24-02-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

meeting popes monument this sunday for 100k spin, gentle loop thru Lucan
    , towards Summerhill and back. please bring helmet, lights and raingear (just in case). No fee, average speed will be around 20k per hour. just yurn up if interested, Paul

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Hiya Paul. I can't go but post up what time you're meeting at.

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭paul a newman

thanks, 9am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Could be interesting! Open to all? No club affiliation just a Boards buddies arrangement?

yeah, Declan, Ronny and I are members of AudaxIreland, and we feel that this is an easy introduction to long distance cycling, we also hope to run 2 other 100ks this spring. This is not an Audaxireland event though, so no memberships or Cycling Ireland memberships are necessary, and is, essentially a spin for boards browsers and their friends. It is self supported, so people will have to look after punctures and repairs themselves, tho i have never passed a cyclist in distress, without stopping to offer help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,845 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

might tag along to this if i get the bike repaired by the weekend

don't know if i'll be able for 100k though, been an awful long time since i was out for any kind of a spin, but i'll just drop out if it gets to much

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Wouldn't mind doing that but unfortunately I'll be tied up with Galway cycle training, if your heading through maynooth / kilcock at around 10am be prepared to bump into about 80/90 slow moving cyclists

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Id like to give this a shot. Most I've done so far is 30 so mightn't be able for it just yet. Ill keep it in mind though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

I'd love to go but I'm working away all weekend - Will something like this be done again?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

sullzz wrote: »
    Wouldn't mind doing that but unfortunately I'll be tied up with Galway cycle training, if your heading through maynooth / kilcock at around 10am be prepared to bump into about 80/90 slow moving cyclists

When are you going to galway?,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Cycle down the 28th March, cycle back the 30th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Doc07

meeting popes monument this sunday for 100k spin, gentle loop thru Lucan
    , towards Summerhill and back. please bring helmet, lights and raingear (just in case). No fee, average speed will be around 20k per hour. just yurn up if interested, Paul

Have to go to a christening at 11am this Sunday. Would defo be interested if you run anymore later in the spring/summer.
    Fair play to you lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

this for me too. but let me know of other ones after march

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭vektarman

Cycle down the 28th March, cycle back the 30th

I'm on this too, sounds like a popular cycle for boardies...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭Carpenter

A south side spin up the hills would be nice sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Weepsie wrote: »
    Id like to give this a shot. Most I've done so far is 30 so mightn't be able for it just yet. Ill keep it in mind though

If you can do 30 on your own you'll manage 60 with a group and at the 60km point you'll be on the way home so will have no choice but to plough on. Positive thinking!

Carpenter wrote: »
    A south side spin up the hills would be nice sometime.

i used to do this before i got lazy, headed from the áras up Stocking Lane and took a few different routes home... will definately be doing it again sooner rather than later so maybe time to reform the group :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056659377

stevieob wrote: »
    i used to do this before i got lazy, headed from the áras up Stocking Lane and took a few different routes home... will definately be doing it again sooner rather than later so maybe time to reform the group :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056659377

Now your talking :D

Carpenter wrote: »
    Now your talking :D

Are you a Carpenter or do you live in Carpenterstown? (I do!)

I will definitely be starting trips like this soon as plan on doing the Wicklow 200 this year so will need the practice!

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeycav

hello. where's popes monument?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭mickeycav

ok thks, might be interested in this one, hope to see you there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Would love to do one later on, back on bike after being off through injury since October, only doing commuting this month so not fit enough for 100k.

If there are any later on I would love to do some.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I'd also be interested in these types of spins once I get some more miles under my belt. Good to know there's a few like minded individuals.

stevieob wrote: »
    Are you a Carpenter or do you live in Carpenterstown? (I do!)

I will definitely be starting trips like this soon as plan on doing the Wicklow 200 this year so will need the practice!

A Carpenter :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Hope to see ye there.

following a few inquiries, pace will not be fast, but if people want to belt on, thats fine, this is all about getting out with a group, riding safely in a bunch, enjoying the spin, if people dont want to go the full route, thats fine, they can turn around whenever. Hopefully, the w*****r remains good

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Tomred13

Hi

Hopefully gona make it out tomorrow aswell. Are there many going?

Dermot

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭slap/dash

Might be heading out towards Maynooth tomorrow myself, so if all goes well I may tag along up to summerhill and leave yiz for Maynooth on the return

looking like ten to twelve turning up, quality not quantity!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Good work lads. Be nice to make it a semi regular thing.

Advertisement