Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People to cycle with

Options
  • 03-06-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Fairly new to cycling, living out in Tyrrelstown, looking for people to go cycling with, finding it hard to motivate myself to go it alone any more

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,748 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

pot p wrote: »
    Fairly new to cycling, living out in Tyrrelstown, looking for people to go cycling with, finding it hard to motivate myself to go it alone any more

Join your local cycling club, Blanch Wheelies? They will have spins to suit most abilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭pot p

Joined them on Facebook but most of their spins seem to be early on a Sunday, that's when a lot of my hurling matches are on, will make it down to a spin when I'm not playing cause they seem like a sound bunch

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

I'm in lusk looking for the same

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Why don't you join Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Pablo Rubio

pot p wrote: »

Clonee Wheelers meet at various times during Week & Weekends and join up on spins with Blanch Wheelies sometimes.
    Heres a link.
    https://www.facebook.com/#!/Cloneewheelers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭jaqian

OP hope you don't mind me hijacking your thread but do many groups meet during the week? Noob cyclist myself im in Finglas. Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭Lusk Doyle

blahblah06 wrote: »

You can cycle with me if you like and see how you get on. PM me.

If you have a smart phone or a garmin then join Strava. That's a great way of motivating yourself. Any segment that has "Paul Atkinson" as KOM (even though most of those ones are either flat or downhill) are fair game :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

pot p, what are you cycling out of interest ? I've recently seen some decent looks bikes around there, a nice Bianchi for one and I'm pretty sure I saw someone on an Orbea the other day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

I'm living in Tyrrelstown too and looking to go on spins, when do Clonee go out on spins? I sent a message to their facebook but no reply as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,882 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Pot P and Vinyljunkie, I live nearby you guys myself and go out a couple of times a week. Though just been on holidays and finding it hard to motivate myself to get back in the saddle. I'm still fairly new myself at cycling, only been at it a few months, but can handle a few hours in the saddle.
    If either or both of you fancy a long or short spin I'd be happy to hook up with you sometime.
    I'm not around this weekend, but full time from Monday so maybe a spin around 50k or so on Monday or Tuesday evening to kick it off?

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭t'bear

I am within 10k of your location and would love to hook up along the road somewhere. Let me know times and approx route /direction

t'bear wrote: »
    I am within 10k of your location and would love to hook up along the road somewhere. Let me know times and approx route /direction

where are you, 10k isnt far, unless you go the wrong direction!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

RO 06 wrote: »
    Why don't you join Swords.

I work nights so early mornings dont suit

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭RO 06

Lusk Doyle wrote: »
    If you have a smart phone or a garmin then join Strava. That's a great way of motivating yourself. Any segment that has "Paul Atkinson" as KOM (even though most of those ones are either flat or downhill) are fair game :pac:
    That Paul man you speak of. I have seen him in action getting his KOMs. Behind tractors,windy days and he even had 2 domestiques doing the lead out one morning.

RO 06 wrote: »
    That Paul man you speak of. I have seen him in action getting his KOMs. Behind tractors,windy days and he even had 2 domestiques doing the lead out one morning.

Yea. What a total sap :pac::pac::pac:

ThisRegard wrote: »
    pot p, what are you cycling out of interest ? I've recently seen some decent looks bikes around there, a nice Bianchi for one and I'm pretty sure I saw someone on an Orbea the other day.
    I'm on a felt

stevieob wrote: »
    Pot P and Vinyljunkie, I live nearby you guys myself and go out a couple of times a week. Though just been on holidays and finding it hard to motivate myself to get back in the saddle. I'm still fairly new myself at cycling, only been at it a few months, but can handle a few hours in the saddle.
    If either or both of you fancy a long or short spin I'd be happy to hook up with you sometime.
    I'm not around this weekend, but full time from Monday so maybe a spin around 50k or so on Monday or Tuesday evening to kick it off?
    I sent u on my number, give me a shout when ur headin out for a spin, I'm down the country till Monday

I am in Ratoath
    Pm with times and routes to see if we can hook up

I am in Ratoath
    Pm with times and routes to see if we can hook up

nice one, i will drop you a pm when im out that drection

• Advertisement

@stevieob
    have you room for one more? I live in Finglas but Mulhuddart/Tyrrelstown is only 20min away from me. What time do you start your rides in the evening?

I'll jump in on this too, PM me if we get something organised.

thinking on heading out this evening for anyone interested? maybe a short spin aboout 40-50k, probably kick off about 7.30 from Coolmine, up Ongar road to Clonee, Dunboyne, Maynooth and back through Leixlip & Lucan.

Id love to join you but my bike is in the hospital, I've a new tyre on order but won't get here until next week.

Id love to join you but my bike is in the hospital, I've a new tyre on order but won't get here until next week.

1 down already! might change the route actually and head out through ashbourne and accross to dunshaughlin

1 down already! might change the route actually and head out through ashbourne and accross to dunshaughlin

Im game ball. Where would we meet up?

jaqian wrote: »

well if you are in finglas how about kilshane cross? I would probably get there about 8, unless you wanted to join up earlier in my route maybe around the Blanch centre?

Damn and double damn, would have loved this, either Coolmine or anywhere around Blanch start except SWMBO has something else on.....why can't kids mind themselves...like the olden days!

well if you are in finglas how about kilshane cross? I would probably get there about 8, unless you wanted to join up earlier in my route maybe around the Blanch centre?

Thanks but I think its easier to meet Im Blanch as not sure how long it takes to KC

Damn and double damn, would have loved this, either Coolmine or anywhere around Blanch start except SWMBO has something else on.....why can't kids mind themselves...like the olden days!

I got a pink slip from my SO . At least I think "fine do whatever you want" counts as a pink slip ;-)

• Advertisement

nevermind... we can do it again....
    I'm gonna go for a decent spin Saturday morning if you fancy it, probably head for the hills, 70k or so, start early (9ish) so home for the kids as my SWMBO is out saturday afternoon!
    Thanks but I think its easier to meet Im Blanch as not sure how long it takes to KC

I got a pink slip from my SO . At least I think "fine do whatever you want" counts as a pink slip ;-)

Cool, say we meet up at McDonalds drive through?

I am waiting to find out if another pal is going to join us, so i will let you know what time shortly... are you free whenever? If he ain't coming, I might get out a bit earlier

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement