Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

athletics/running forum ban

Options
  • 12-03-2015 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I'd like to appeal a ban I received earlier today in the athletics/running forum. It was in relation to s thread about a blind runner not being permitted to run with a guide during the women's mini marathon.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057395509

A poster(walshb) was engaged in a debate with other posters and received an infraction. I thought this was very unfair as the poster was making his points in a civilised and respectful manner. In post 71 I pointed this out and in post 74 a moderator replied in a very harsh and over the top way. I felt the tone and wording of that post was threatening and condescending. I replied saying how I felt about the moderators post and his response was to delete my comment and ban me.
    I'd like to appeal the ban because I feel the initial infraction on that poster (Walsh b) was unwarranted and because I think the moderators response to my post was way over the top and heavy handed. I believe I was well within my Rights to question his actions because they were out of proportion to what anobe said or did on that thread.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed this with the mod who banned you? You should only start a thread here once you have exhausted that avenue of appeal

I would just add though that you should never question mod actions in thread. If you have an issue with moderation you should take it to PM - that is expected across the site except in certain forums (such as here or within Help Desk)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Yes I did discuss it with the mod and its all been sorted, I apologised, he apologised, so I'm happy with that. I Dont think he can recend a ban though so I Dont know what happens there? It was only a one day ban anyway.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

With apologies from all sides (including mine) accepted I have lifted the ban

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement