Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Person of Interest [RTE Pace] [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

zerks wrote: »
    He doesn't want to be hunted by the cops for murdering people.
    There's that, but I think the story kinda justifies it later when you find out more about his character besides that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Only watched the first episode of this last night. I found it interesting but a bit cheesy, particularly the opening half of the episode. The whole setup of the plot seemed so.... staged or forced, like a cheesy 80's buddy cop show. It didn't help that those flashback with the girlfriend were cringy. However, it did pick up in the second half so I'm hopefully it was just shaky pilot syndrome and the show improves.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

just watching series 1 at the moment , its not bad and the repeating characters give it a bit of depth, one logical problem I have with it is the fact that detective Carter doesn't seem to have to explain who the mystery shooter is at the crime scenes? there have been any number of shootouts where Carter and Reece have shot perps and it doesn't even come up as a discussion point..

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

When are RTE showing Season 2 does anyone know? I see it is not scheduled for tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

It was the last one of season 1 last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

cena wrote: »
    It was the last one of season 1 last week

Any idea when they start showing season 2? I thought they might flow one season into the other as I believe season 3 is now on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭cena

Any idea when they start showing season 2? I thought they might flow one season into the other as I believe season 3 is now on the way.

No idea. I only seen the last 6 ep. Wish I had seen the rest

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

season 3 starts in september in the US, i assume RTE wont wait to long, they generally keep good pace with the hit american shows, they were behind on this alright, but seeing as they flew through season 1 with 2 episodes a week im assuming they want to catch up, so id expect season 2 to start by at the latest november/december

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Any idea when Season 2 might be starting on RTE? Taking ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Channel 5 are reshowing season 1 . This may be to get people into it before the start Season 2. Anybody with inside info from RTE?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 85,374 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

RTE were repeating Season 1 but not sure if it has finished up yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Season 2 now on Netflix. RTE still holding off for some reason.

brian_t wrote: »
    DigiGuide is showing S2 E1 starting on Thursday 10th July at 8.30pm

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Ad on RTÉ Two confirming Season 2 to start on July 14th at 9pm

Daemos wrote: »
    Ad on RTÉ Two confirming Season 2 to start on July 14th at 9pm

From next week moved to midnight ish slot

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭squonk

Are RTE still on with this shít? They'll throw bilge like Fair City/EastEnders/Some Duncan Stewart/other RTE Luvvie thing on at 8-9 in the evening and relegate absolute quality like PoI to a graveyard slot when everyone is in bed! I'm so, so glad I've ditched regular TV. They can keep it!

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

The problem with it is they took to long to show it. Channel 5 started series 2 a few months before RTÉ. With the internet channels need to get programs on just after been shown in America, like they have with under the dome.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,196 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Hi.

Does anyone know, based on the release of the first two, when Season 3 might be appearing on Netflix?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭jrby

What happened to Person of Interest on RTE 2..it just seems to have ended mid season

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭lovelyhurler

They've probably 're-scheduled' it, and it's now on at a prime new time of 02:50 or something like that.:rolleyes:
    Why can't RTE schedule decent programs at decent times? :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

According to DigiGuide it has taken a short break and returns on Monday 20 Oct at 8.00pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭squonk

It's crap scheduling like this that's a major impetus for alternative viewing options which, while neither encouraged or condoned, can be understandable for someone really liking a show and wanting to follow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭brian_t

They've probably 're-scheduled' it, and it's now on at a prime new time of 02:50 or something like that.:rolleyes:
    Why can't RTE schedule decent programs at decent times? :mad:

It has always been on at about 8pm and continues at that time soon but for some strange reason on the Monday when they relaunched RTE2 (Sept 22) they moved Person of Interest to just after midnight.

Season 3 starts next Monday on RTE2 HD!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭jezzer

Anyone following this? just recently got into it, really enjoying it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

jezzer wrote: »
    Anyone following this? just recently got into it, really enjoying it
    loads are following over on the US pace thread, brilliant show, one of the best on at the moment, its a shame it cant grab a larger irish audience and be a more prime show that RTE can get sooner, its currently on season 4 in the US

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I love It, brilliant....hated last nights ending though :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Sparko

My recording on rte2 cut off right at the end, I nearly threw the remote at the screen! I more or less know what happened, but will have to find a repeat or maybe the rte player to catch it properly. Incredibly irritating.

Great show though!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,464 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

POI threads merged.

• Advertisement

Sparko wrote: »
    My recording on rte2 cut off right at the end, I nearly threw the remote at the screen! I more or less know what happened, but will have to find a repeat or maybe the rte player to catch it properly. Incredibly irritating.

Great show though!

Same here, it started late and probably the most important ep since the show started!

Advertisement