Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Person of Interest [RTE Pace] [** Spoilers **]

• 02-05-2013 12:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭

This programme sounds very interesting (no pun intended). Really looking forward to it when it comes on RTE sunday week.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

My mistake, thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭brian_t

You should have titled it Person of Interest - RTE Pace

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭squonk

RTE only showing Season 1 now? Don't know what I pay my licence fee for! Season 1 is ancient history!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

I don't believe it!!!
    Have wanted to see this programme for so long. Bought the box set of Series 1 a couple of days ago and now it's on telly!!!!!
    eBay here comes a listing at a bargain price........

branie wrote: »
    This programme sounds very interesting (no pun intended). Really looking forward to it when it comes on RTE sunday week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

johnire wrote: »
    I don't believe it!!!
    Have wanted to see this programme for so long. Bought the box set of Series 1 a couple of days ago and now it's on telly!!!!!
    eBay here comes a listing at a bargain price........
    You'd rather watch it week by week on RTÉ than watch the whole thing on a boxset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Basq wrote: »
    You'd rather watching it week by week on RTÉ at 2am (probably) than watching the whole thing on a boxset?

FYP. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

what time is it on?

what time is it on?

Person of Interest starts on RTE 2 Monday 6th May 2013 at 9.00pm

RTE seems to be showing 2 episodes per Monday for the first few weeks anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭johnire

Yes....I have no problem watching it week by week. I probably would have only ever watched a maximum of 2 or 3 episodes a week anyway on the box set so I might as well try and recoup my money back that I paid for it.
    Basq wrote: »
    You'd rather watch it week by week on RTÉ than watch the whole thing on a boxset?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,504 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

brian_t wrote: »
    RTE seems to be showing 2 episodes per Monday for the first few weeks anyway.

Good they have given it a primetime slot

johnire wrote: »
    Yes....I have no problem watching it week by week. I probably would have only ever watched a maximum of 2 or 3 episodes a week anyway on the box set so I might as well try and recoup my money back that I paid for it.
    If your time watching TV is somewhat limited - it can be better not to have the temptation of a boxset available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,286 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wow! RTE showing a show like this at a reasonable time? Wonder if they'll go the route of showing every episode without a break between seasons like I remember them doing for a series I watched on RTE before.

RTE's Trailer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

If your time watching TV is somewhat limited - it can be better not to have the temptation of a boxset available.
    dunno about that, you will save yourself about 7 hours a season by having the boxset, episodes are only 40-42 minutes long, and on tv there an hour, so if your time is limited boxsets are way to go,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

don ramo wrote: »
    dunno about that, you will save yourself about 7 hours a season by having the boxset, episodes are only 40-42 minutes long, and on tv there an hour, so if your time is limited boxsets are way to go,

Skyplus and skip the 20 mins of ads :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Just bumping this...

Starts @ 2100.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭elurhs

Thought it was a standard enough procedural, very by the numbers. The Machine I could accept as the basis for the premise but I thought there was a lot of lazy writing in the first two episodes, it was all track the phone on the GPS, listen to the wire-tap, have Rees show up at the last second to save the day, etc. Not a lot of characterisation.

Emerson is far and away the best thing in it. Caviezel is terrible, he's a charisma-free zone altogether. The woman cop could be interesting though. I'm not a massive fan of police procedurals but I might stick with it for a few weeks to see if the writers can get it together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Was ok for a monday evening when there wasn't much else on.

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Skyplus and skip the 20 mins of ads :D
    fancy you and your sky plus;)

to much effort, insert disc press play and watch 4 episode without touching the remote again, instead of, fast forward X4 then X16, oops went to far, rewind, press play, then watch 1.5 ads cause you re-winded to fast,

don ramo wrote: »
    press play and watch 4 episode without touching the remote again,

That's the temptation I was referring to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,534 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Stick with it guys, it just gets better and better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Hopefully RTE won't be as long getting series 2 on our screens, they really dragged their heels on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Disappointed by that, kinda lost interest midway through the second episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Thought it was pretty good, I enjoyed it. Very sanitised though, Jim shooting lads in the legs and sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,032 ✭✭✭✭Basq

For those who were disappointed with this.. this was my initial reaction of the pilot:
    Watched the first episode and thought it was terrible..

I then went to New York in February last year and caught up with the show on the flight... and when it moves away from the procedural is when it really shines (but the procedural episodes are better than most).

Compare my initial review to those when the second season started (not linking since they're quite spoilery):
    Superb opening episode... loved it!
    Truly excellent stuff..

.. this season has been top-notch!
    Superb stuff.. this show continues to play a blinder week after week..

I actually think the second season is better than the first.. but it'll definitely take a few episodes for you to really take to it.

Remember, let's all remember Jonathan Nolan's CV here: Memento, The Prestige, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises.. this lad can bloody write!

Stick with it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Omarscoming

Not sure I'll watch this next week. I just don't like the vigilante guy but then again, it did leave me asking questions about the machine. What happens if the 'person of interest' doesn't have a Social Security Number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not sure I'll watch this next week. I just don't like the vigilante guy but then again, it did leave me asking questions about the machine. What happens if the 'person of interest' doesn't have a Social Security Number?

Tough luck for them so.The machine just gives social security numbers of people who are either a potential victim or the one who's going to carry out a crime.

Trust me folks,this is one show you should stick with,it builds & builds with many new characters being introduced & some nice twists.I'm waiting for the final episode of Season 2 to air Thursday night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

tunguska wrote: »
    Thought it was pretty good, I enjoyed it. Very sanitised though, Jim shooting lads in the legs and sh1t

He doesn't want to be hunted by the cops for murdering people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

zerks wrote: »
    He doesn't want to be hunted by the cops for murdering people.
    There's that, but I think the story kinda justifies it later when you find out more about his character besides that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Only watched the first episode of this last night. I found it interesting but a bit cheesy, particularly the opening half of the episode. The whole setup of the plot seemed so.... staged or forced, like a cheesy 80's buddy cop show. It didn't help that those flashback with the girlfriend were cringy. However, it did pick up in the second half so I'm hopefully it was just shaky pilot syndrome and the show improves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,673 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

just watching series 1 at the moment , its not bad and the repeating characters give it a bit of depth, one logical problem I have with it is the fact that detective Carter doesn't seem to have to explain who the mystery shooter is at the crime scenes? there have been any number of shootouts where Carter and Reece have shot perps and it doesn't even come up as a discussion point..

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

When are RTE showing Season 2 does anyone know? I see it is not scheduled for tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

It was the last one of season 1 last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

cena wrote: »
    It was the last one of season 1 last week

Any idea when they start showing season 2? I thought they might flow one season into the other as I believe season 3 is now on the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,046 ✭✭✭✭cena

Any idea when they start showing season 2? I thought they might flow one season into the other as I believe season 3 is now on the way.

No idea. I only seen the last 6 ep. Wish I had seen the rest

season 3 starts in september in the US, i assume RTE wont wait to long, they generally keep good pace with the hit american shows, they were behind on this alright, but seeing as they flew through season 1 with 2 episodes a week im assuming they want to catch up, so id expect season 2 to start by at the latest november/december

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Any idea when Season 2 might be starting on RTE? Taking ages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Channel 5 are reshowing season 1 . This may be to get people into it before the start Season 2. Anybody with inside info from RTE?

• Advertisement

RTE were repeating Season 1 but not sure if it has finished up yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Season 2 now on Netflix. RTE still holding off for some reason.

DigiGuide is showing S2 E1 starting on Thursday 10th July at 8.30pm

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

Ad on RTÉ Two confirming Season 2 to start on July 14th at 9pm

Daemos wrote: »
    Ad on RTÉ Two confirming Season 2 to start on July 14th at 9pm

From next week moved to midnight ish slot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭squonk

Are RTE still on with this shít? They'll throw bilge like Fair City/EastEnders/Some Duncan Stewart/other RTE Luvvie thing on at 8-9 in the evening and relegate absolute quality like PoI to a graveyard slot when everyone is in bed! I'm so, so glad I've ditched regular TV. They can keep it!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭EdmondShiels3

The problem with it is they took to long to show it. Channel 5 started series 2 a few months before RTÉ. With the internet channels need to get programs on just after been shown in America, like they have with under the dome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Hi.

Does anyone know, based on the release of the first two, when Season 3 might be appearing on Netflix?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

What happened to Person of Interest on RTE 2..it just seems to have ended mid season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 306 ✭✭lovelyhurler

They've probably 're-scheduled' it, and it's now on at a prime new time of 02:50 or something like that.:rolleyes:
    Why can't RTE schedule decent programs at decent times? :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement