Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Find anything to smile about today ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭rich.d.berry

Jellybaby1 wrote: »
    I know Tearfund very well. Excellent charity. Well done. I expect you have recovered by now and are already in training for next year. By the way, how shocking of you, a man, to even know what a camisole top is!! :D

I'd love to do it again, it was such good craic! The crowd I went with were full of banter and Jimmy Chungs were amazing for accomodating us when we all descended on them en-masse afterwards.

I'm hiding in the right of the back row behind the blue haired "girl" in this group photo.

Tearfundgroup.jpg

I'm actually in training for my first full marathon, the Dublin City Marathon in October and will be fund-raising for Tearfund again. I will first be doing the Portlaoise half marathon as a tester. If I survive that then I'll give the full marathon a go.

26 Years of marriage teaches a man things he never thought he'd learn. :D

All right, what have yiz all done, you un-romantic Irish guys? That Youtube wedding proposal I put up here is BLOCKED! :eek: The last time I checked it had reached more than 12 million views. It was just too good for yiz and yiv missed yer chance! :p

I was fortunate to get in early enough to watch it yesterday. It seems that the rights to the video have been purchased by some news corporation. The best I could find is this:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Awww Rich, you're brill, that's the very one. Ohhhh it's fab, I love it love it love it. I must have watched it 20 times by now and the music rings in my ears morning noon and night. The imperfections in the video make it more perfect, for me. I'm sure whoever has the rights to the music is now a billionaire! Thanks for that. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Ramette

aw JellyBaby you big softie.... you can have the groom i bags the brother!

Sorry Rammy, I got him first! (God love him, if he only knew, he'd be shuddering in his shoes!) :) Yep, am one bit marshymelly.

• Advertisement

This made me smile today: I was going to put this on the Soccer thread but I only found pix of 'hotties' there so I legged it to here!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

I was very pleased to see Denmark beat Holland today. (I have two Danish-born grandchildren, that's part of the reason why.)

Hi BBJ, welcome to senior infants! Pull up a pew, Chucken will serve you a bowl of soup shortly! :eek: I've just had a 'conversation' with himself about that handball. Why don't they call it an armball? The rolling eyes made me withdraw to a safer spot, but now I'm not so sure it's that safe! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

Hi BBJ, welcome to senior infants! Pull up a pew, Chucken will serve you a bowl of soup shortly! :eek: I've just had a 'conversation' with himself about that handball. Why don't they call it an armball? The rolling eyes made me withdraw to a safer spot, but now I'm not so sure it's that safe! :D

Thanks, Jellybaby. Any bit of luck going the Danes got it but that makes their victory that bit sweeter! Anyway, I'm saying that the ball hit his hand/arm, he didn't play it......:rolleyes:

Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smithsonian/2584174182/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Congratulations on the arrival of your new baby!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/smithsonian/2584174182/

Quite a delivery system. It almost looks painless. :D

No explanation needed for this smile today: :)

It is sooo quiet in here these days, what with 'Limpics and the warm weather no-one wants to post. Anyways, I saw these fab photos of the moon, and they made me smile today:

http://enpundit.com/clever-treatment-of-the-moons-face-is-out-of-this-world/

I cannot get the silly grin off my face, exhausted though I may be.

Today I completed my first 100km cycle and I have the certificate to prove it! :D

scan0001.jpg

Well done Rich! You deserve a lollipop!

Another smile. As I don't have pets, this is the kind of kitty I like:

http://www.simonscat.com/Films/Catnap/
    http://www.simonscat.com/Films/Double-Trouble/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Oh the concentration on their dopey little faces! Hilarious!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,050 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Love it Jellybaby, I hadn't seen the catnap one, I love Simon's Cat

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »

He's certainly got that voice down to a T! ('Down to a T', now there's a saying you don't hear anymore. Or is it 'off to a T'?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

I found plenty to smile about on this glorious day. Freedom from a week of grandchildren & a walk in the autumnal sun. Heaven!;)

Yes Poppy, its was a nice day.

A very, very nice day.:)

Perhaps you have Aztec blood - Everywhere I've looked I cant find any but I do worship the sun. Oh, and i'm a bit fond of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWyEvjq39UM

What are the requirement to be an honorary Aztec ?

I dont know about aztecs O/D.I'm a freckly fair-head (with a nice sprinkling of grey) & i dont like extreme heat. But today was a "perfect Day" ( Lou Reed)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,633 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

poppyvally wrote: »
    But today was a "perfect Day" ( Lou Reed)
    You've been doing heroin all day? :eek:...:cool:

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

OldGoat wrote: »
    You've been doing heroin all day? :eek:...:cool:

Ah no! there's more to a perfect day than heroin. The song is only implicit

In case anyone missed this on RTE news last night. Made me chuckle!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ylsTz2DgXc

I have a smile on my face that if it got any wider it would meet at the back of my head. I have just got back from seeing the cardiologist at the hospital. He has given me the all clear. I have to carry on with the meds, but I don't have to go back to see him any more. As far as heart attacks go I am unlikely to suffer with another one in the foreseeable future if I am a reasonably good boy.

YIPPEE :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Aw Rube, Im delighted for you :D

• Advertisement

aww thanks Chuck. xxx

Advertisement