Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good form, bad form & everything in between?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Pembily wrote: »
    :( dumped by a phone call...

Jesus that sucks Pembily. Sorry to hear that.

As for myself, complete opposite of a rant I had up here a good while back.
    Met a truly wonderful girl a few weeks back, funnily enough via a combination of Warcraft and Facebook, and we've just hit it off really well. Officially became a couple just over a week ago, and she'll be over for a week in January.

We've gone over the LDR thing, as she's in Uni in the U.K., but we're both more than happy to make it work as best we can.

First actual good Christmas for me in well over 10 years now. Very happy :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Sonics2k wrote: »

Met a truly wonderful girl a few weeks back, funnily enough via a combination of Warcraft and Facebook, and we've just hit it off really well. Officially became a couple just over a week ago, and she'll be over for a week in January.

We've gone over the LDR thing, as she's in Uni in the U.K., but we're both more than happy to make it work as best we can.

Nice one mate. Good to hear. Best of luck with it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,404 ✭✭✭✭Pembily

Snowie wrote: »

Ouch :(
    Thanks! Tbf he wasn't hot enough...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭Kya1976

Sorry to hear that Pem:(

That's great news, hope it all works out for you:)

I'm in a great form, had a lovely relaxed Xmas and I'm liking the bloke I'm dating more and more. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

What?!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,308 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

manafana wrote: »
    Think i need to talk a bit about some issues iv encountered. Iv openly admitted to close people in my life that iv suffers some bouts of depression over last year, i think im suffering more so now cause im really at mid point in my life.

Iv cut down on drinking for good reason, iv no time for hangovers and i think it does so much bad to people, i still go out at times but i find it hard to meet up with people. Leaving college has left me with fractured relationships and because of childhood issues that i dont need go into iv very few friends iv kept from before college a handful really that i keep in touch with.
    So my main friends are college friends but now as things move on im struggling, some are moving off when i do want go out i find it hard to find people to go out with cause i dont really have a group of lads to be going out with. Just just small part of social problem.

My job is getting me down but at same time its very social place and i will miss that part when i leave, but i just cant keep doing the type work i have no interest in and i literally count down for time to go home most time.

Sports wise i thank good im into cycling and like it has helped alot with the bouts of depression, iv found it very difficult to chat to ladies and like while out, and iv struggled to make relationships from it, most of woman iv meet have been outside those sort of circles, i think id like someone back in my life to share and maybe get me doing new things.

I realised that while following all sports makes for good conversation with lads it was getting borderline on top me along with interest on betting side, time wise id say it was invading my life.

Really the main part affecting me is my lack of a BEST FRIEND, and fact il be facing huge changes in next year.

Hang on in there mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

that makes no sense. :confused:

Im still kinda sick I also I lost my wallet fml

Ive got no money :( My camera has arrived at my dads mates house in chagago and he's flying into dublin in febuary now i just have to wait, of it to arrive, now to bye my new lenses,

tho with an update my mate went into the pub and my wallet was there :D

GIGIDY

Ah it was me being bitchy and upset... Its hit me more today :(

Glad you got your wallet back :) Will you have even fancier photos then? Are you still not better??

Glad you got your wallet back :) Will you have even fancier photos then? Are you still not better??

be bitvhy out perfect;y exceptable :D i think if your angry be angry don't try not to be :)

So am I, student travel cards's are awesome, No not really Ill just be using the same camera I use now...Just It will be mine not some one else's.. :)

yeah kinda got a got a cold and i think I'm coughing up 15 years oaf smoking :(

Thanks!

How long are you off them now??

• Advertisement

5 months in january :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Hope you're feeling better about it now Pem

I won't waste your time with tried and tested clichés, you'll be okay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

manafana wrote: »
    Sports wise i thank good im into cycling and like it has helped alot with the bouts of depression, iv found it very difficult to chat to ladies and like while out, and iv struggled to make relationships from it, most of woman iv meet have been outside those sort of circles, i think id like someone back in my life to share and maybe get me doing new things.

Really the main part affecting me is my lack of a BEST FRIEND, and fact il be facing huge changes in next year.

Could you join a cycling club? Get to know more people with the same interest as yourself?

Also, change can be good. Its can be very scary but well worth the outcome sometimes! :)

That is really horrible. But you are so better off without!

So delighted for you. :)
    Kya1976 wrote: »
    I'm in a great form, had a lovely relaxed Xmas and I'm liking the bloke I'm dating more and more. :)

Swit-swhoo

If Santa needs a rudolf replacement, I can be it. Stupid cold. That, boredom and a small bout of a downer is getting to me a little. Grr.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Anybody got a magic formula for not letting stupid silly feckers get to me?!
    I pay in cake.

I pay in cake.
    If you find one I'll pay in booze ;)

If you find one I'll pay in booze ;)

Ooorrrr.....
    Booze and Cake.
    Could that possibly be the answer?!

Ooorrrr.....
    Booze and Cake.
    Could that possibly be the answer?!
    We then get fat and that leads no where! Unless we run while eating and drinking :p

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

awec wrote: »
    Just ignore them?
    Easier said than done ;)

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

awec wrote: »
    Just ignore them?

Not possible I'm afraid. Deep breath time :p

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭dancesatnight

my nana is really sick and its really affecting me shes an amazing woman i know she old and has lived a pretty amazing life but its horrible

ive a dinner/party thing to go to on saturday and my ex and her new b/f are going to be there really not looking forward to seeing them there together. slag strung me along for ages with the idea of getting back to just basically drop me and turn well try and turn my friends against me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

Sorry to hear about your nana man. :(

I've a second round interview next Monday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

I pay in cake.
    There's no magic solution to it.

Used to suffer badly from letting people get to me. It came down to me putting myself down or in some cases putting other people up. Self-confidence was at the root of it.

I've been working on it for the past few months and people annoy me a lot less than they used to. My self confidence is up and I'm a lot happier with who I am. I can know identify when people are trying to get a rise out of me, I think about it and choose not to be annoyed.

It also helps to explore the things that people say to you that gets you annoyed. If you deal with these issues then you remove the ability for them to get to you.

Hope this suggestion helps.

You're bang on jackofalltrades, that's exacty what I need to do, just work out why they're so irritating.
    Confidence isn't so much of an issue to be honest, I've done a lot of work on that over the past while. It makes such a difference when you feel confident in yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭18AD

Amazing day.

Got loads of clothes for the year.

Tried the bento box in Yamamori for the first time. It's a keeper.

Birthday tomorrow! Pints in Macturcaills if anyone wants to drop in and meet my wayward acquaintances.

All just in time for college to start up again on Monday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

My favorite part of the day.
    Kids now all in bed, I can relax and do whatever I want (quietly) :D

Was gonna start Dalkins the God Delusion, but my head is thumping, so I think I'll just do absolutely nada instead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

18AD wrote: »
    Amazing day.

Got loads of clothes for the year.

Tried the bento box in Yamamori for the first time. It's a keeper.

Birthday tomorrow! Pints in Macturcaills if anyone wants to drop in and meet my wayward acquaintances.

All just in time for college to start up again on Monday :D
    Happy birthday man.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

:D x :cool: + :o

Dude's get a date in a couple of days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Hasmunch

Didn't get the job i went for.
    Tore my ankle ligaments which means i cant take part in tournament i was really looking forward to.
    My dog (first pet i ever had) died :(:(

What a crappy week... but things can only get better i suppose

Advertisement