Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Today I saw a classic and took a pic thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

junkyard wrote:
    I know the Porsche intimately and the blue yoke is belonging to Dick O'Brien in Glounthaune he built it himself based on a Ford Prefect.
    Some more pictures of the Porsche.

Is/was yours?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,575 ✭✭✭junkyard

JustinOval wrote:
    Is/was yours?
    Was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 andy.s

Hi All

Took few pictures today :)
    car7qt.jpg
    americos5na.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

Saw a couple of Mustangs recently, a silver one today which sounded nice coming over the railway bridge at clonsilla and one I've seen a few times is parked at parkgate street a lot. A light blue coloured soft top.No pics I'm afraid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,790 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Okay so who

(a) won the lottery and
    (b) is suffering a mid-life crisis?

http://www.zebra.ie/spider/17-11-05_1420.jpg

(Spotted beside O'Connoll Bridge yesterday).

:D

...are you referring the 996/997 or the Charger-thingy.........? I know which one I'd have.........

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭mustang68

dubtom wrote:
    Saw a couple of Mustangs recently, a silver one today which sounded nice coming over the railway bridge at clonsilla...

i drive over that bridge a bit, but I'm in a blue one, the noise off the walls when I put the foot down is epic :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,084 ✭✭✭dubtom

mustang68 wrote:
    i drive over that bridge a bit, but I'm in a blue one, the noise off the walls when I put the foot down is epic :D

Can't wait untill the port tunnell opens, it will be worth a fiver just to hear what the car sounds like:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭alfarocks

dubtom wrote:
    Can't wait untill the port tunnell opens, it will be worth a fiver just to hear what the car sounds like:D

Sell it as a ringtone !! You'll make a fortune :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭mondymike

Dubtom, was that a two door silver 'stang. not a fastback, (coupe?) maybe?

Had rostyles on it too. If so theres a fella in glenville behind tesco owns it, did sum1 say midlife crisis????

Gorgeous car in the flesh thou. say it in carpark last nite in dark with floodlights,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭Traumadoc

IMAGE_00069.jpg

at the RDS this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

Ferrari F355 in petrol station in Rush, Co. Dublin 10 minutes ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

1952 Tatra T600 "Tatraplan" (in RHD)
    Img_3760.jpgImg_3757.jpg
    Img_3763.jpg

Tatra T613
    Img_3761.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭MercMad

Wow that green one is a wild looking car ! I hope he brings it to Terenure, though I hope he changes those awful plates beforehand !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Squirrel

Is that one of the rear engined Tatra's? The rear engined Tatra's killed more German officers than the Polish (I think) army during WW2, they were killed going around wet bends too quick and crashing.

Squirrel wrote:
    Is that one of the rear engined Tatra's? The rear engined Tatra's killed more German officers than the Polish (I think) army during WW2, they were killed going around wet bends too quick and crashing.

The T600 has a rear mounted 1952cc air-cooled 4-cylinder.
    The T613 has a rear mounted 3.5 litre air-cooled V8.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tatra T613 looks like a Talbot Horizon that got away! ;)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

You have to see one in the flesh. They are a big car, with a lot of presence. I didn't know the T600 had a 4 cylinder - I thought they were all 8s.

Yesterday evening in Belfast was stuck in traffic behind this chubby looking AM DB4 saloon. The smell from the exhausts was nauseating.

Img_3703.jpg

A Triumph TR4 I think in Watergrasshill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I gonna have to ban phonecam shots!

Mike.

• Advertisement

Ahh, ban my arse ;):p

picture01234gx.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,009 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Saw this the other day on the quays. Sorry for the camera phone shot Mike, we don't always have our 'proper' camera's ready! :p
    Does anyone know what it might be? I'm sure it's american and something like duesenberg or something along those lines..... you know what I'm trying to say!

It looks like an Auburn Speedster but I'd say its a replica, the real one costs a mint. There's a guy near me has a Ferrari Daytona replica, it looks very well but if you ask for a look under the bonnet he shys away, it sounds like a Nissan Vanette and it should be a V12.:D

Heh Heh, what's the point so! I hate that, all show and no go!

junkyard wrote:
    It looks like an Auburn Speedster but I'd say its a replica, the real one costs a mint. There's a guy near me has a Ferrari Daytona replica, it looks very well but if you ask for a look under the bonnet he shys away, it sounds like a Nissan Vanette and it should be a V12.:D

I've been meaning to ask you about that daytona ;)

No thats not an Auburn ! An Auburn Speedster is a far taller looking machine, though there is one on Dublin in regular use !

That one does look like a boat tailed Duesenberg to me, and if its real its worth a fortune !

Lets hope its at Terenure !

Saw this on Capel Street yesterday morning about 9:25am. It really does look fantastic in the flesh. I think the year on it was '69. I've seen it there once or twice before with a Jensen Interceptor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭ds20prefecture

I saw the same corvette in Glenageary the other day. Looks in good condition, from a distance.

eo980 wrote:
    Saw this on Capel Street yesterday morning about 9:25am. It really does look fantastic in the flesh. I think the year on it was '69. I've seen it there once or twice before with a Jensen Interceptor.

I took some photos of a blue Jensen Interceptor in D4 on Sunday night, unfortunately the pics suck a bit (problems with the flash...) so I'm holding out to get improved ones before posting as they aren't much better than a phone cam would take (:p mike65)

G'ssss Capel Street is proving to be a real goldmine on my way to work in the morning. Saw this Volkswagen yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭coolcon

Yesterday I saw a 1950's Standard Pennant in Carlow town, I saw 4 of these JBA's at the West-Link Toll Plaza and then a 1970 Capri up in Dublin. The JBAs were very unusual - I only found out what they actually were when I gave a description on another forum. Heres the JBA site if you dont know what Im talking about - www.jbacars.co.uk . I got a photo of one of them on my phone. The photos not great because we were just after coming out of the Toll plaza when I saw them so we were whizzing away! Ill try get it up later.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭corelon

I must say nice cars but id rather not have a number plate like the BMW has!!!!!

01-07-06_2323.jpg

01-07-06_2030.jpg

01-07-06_2031.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭alfarocks

corelon wrote:
    I must say nice cars but id rather not have a number plate like the BMW has!!!!!
    He's tempting fate with that one alright !! Can't say I'd be too keen to park in a shopping centre car park either though.......

I remember seeing a hearse and the reg. number was 15 RIP.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i know someone with the number IU 2...should try to sell it to Bono i think.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Seen a great reg for a Triumph 'PI 25' on a Toyota Cressida. ZV666 is on a Merc Fintail, looks very sinister. I'v got a 127 1300 GT with the reg GSI27

I've seen that BMW before..............where was the photo taken ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

My Da used to have a photo of a car with the reg EIE 10.
    It was on a farm in the 70's I think.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 ToyotaDyna

Blue850 wrote:
    Seen a great reg for a Triumph 'PI 25' on a Toyota Cressida. ZV666 is on a Merc Fintail, looks very sinister. I'v got a 127 1300 GT with the reg GSI27

Hi Blue850,

Is your 127 1300 GT an 1982 by any chance?

• Advertisement

Yeah, registered november 82

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭corelon

MercMad wrote:
    I've seen that BMW before..............where was the photo taken ?

Dundrum shopping centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭manta mad

seen this clean vw beetle yesterday just out side thomastown.

anyone know what the car is in the shed ? seen this on the side of a road in roscommon . the picture qualitys not too good so you will have to zoom in.
    is it a ford ? i havent a clue:confused:

I think the car in the shed is a Chrysler Hillman Hunter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

i thought that but then i thought it looked too big........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

corktina wrote:
    i thought that but then i thought it looked too big........

I reckon it's a Hunter.

• Advertisement

Its a Hillman Hunter alright, the last of them with the chrome grille around the tail lamps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

The day of England's dreary and predictable exit from the world cup (I was in the UK)...

??

Saw this the other day on........ Capel Street yet again. I have no idea of the year it might be. Anyone?
    There seem to be alot of restored Mercs around these days. Not just classics but models from the late 70's and early eighties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Spit62500

eo980 wrote:
    Saw this the other day on........ Capel Street yet again. I have no idea of the year it might be. Anyone?
    There seem to be alot of restored Mercs around these days. Not just classics but models from the late 70's and early eighties.

It's a '64 as far as I know. It lives in Terenure and appears to be a daily driver.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement