Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacon - is there anything it can't do?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

get drunk on BACON!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

For you Bacon devotees, a possible uniform for the next Beers, an antidote to the typical Hen and Stag party apparel!
    http://6dollarshirts.com/product.php?productid=11330&cat=0&page=1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    For you Bacon devotees, a possible uniform for the next Beers, an antidote to the typical Hen and Stag party apparel!
    http://6dollarshirts.com/product.php?productid=11330&cat=0&page=1

That's not a bad idea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭madbev90210

Bacon cannot pass the lips of a vegetarian :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

Bacon cannot pass the lips of a vegetarian :eek:

it can it just plays havoc with their colon :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,536 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

anyone check out Brandon Routh as the Vegan in Scott Pilgrim!
    Very very funny, arrogant feckers!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

bac-cald.jpg

newmcphee.jpg

baconmints.jpg

coke-bacon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭AWard

My love for bacon has been tested over the years....a can attacked me from a high shelf once and left blood. I used a lot of questionably sourced words and my young child was apparently within earshot of the incident and laughed uproariously. Me? Not so much.

Otherwise, bacon is a good thing. The scientific basis is that the pig has been genetically modified in order to produce meat that can safely contain an unreasonable amount of salt and curatives as well as support a high fat content. It's a heart attack on the hoof...

• Advertisement

You were attacked by a can :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

DominoDub wrote: »

Noice ... I wonder if that could be covered in batter and then deep fried :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

trout wrote: »
    Noice ... I wonder if that could be covered in batter and then deep fried :pac:
    I would be willing to attempt it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭AWard

trout wrote: »
    You were attacked by a can :confused:
    OK, there's this bacon from a European country that I forgot the name of that comes in a can. You have to rinse it off and then fry it as it is packed in grease/fat... aka: "the fifth food group". It is a 1lb can and from a height of about 2.5 meters....it's painful.

I seem to be attacked by supposedly inanimate objects...that sounds much more exciting than "I jumped up to swipe at the can to get it down and it certainly came down in an unexpected way at a surprising velocity with a disappointing stopping point"....see what I mean?

Possibly the finest website I have seen all weekend. A site devoted to Bacon.

I mean ... a video titled the Flaming Bacon Lance of Death :pac:

And the iPhone case, made from Bacon

Picture_19.png

And the Bacon wallet ... I want one

Wallet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

http://www.theparliament.com/press-review-article/newsarticle/eu-to-introduce-tastier-bacon-rules/
    The Telegraph reports that meat producers could be forced to cut the amount of water they add to bacon products.

Under new EU rules that could be introduced within four years, bacon rashers containing more that five per cent of water would have to be renamed as "bacon with added water".

Currently producers are allowed to sell bacon with up to 10 per cent water, before they need to declare the product as having added water.

The Daily Mail reports that supermarkets and producers warned that any new labelling plans and changes to water content would confuse customers and dramatically alter the price and taste of bacon.

A spokesman from the British Retail Consortium is quoted as saying that water is added to attain the correct "succulence, taste and texture".

However, real food campaigner Keith Dalmey told the paper that his campaign group, Sustain, defended the move by EU policymakers saying, "Most consumers would be shocked at how much water is added."

"It's tempting for the food industry to do it because it is free and because they sell meat by weight. It is important that consumers know how much water is added so they can judge value for money."

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭The_M

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've eaten bacon icecream.

It was gooood.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,282 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I saw a guy making that on tv last week. It looked amazing.

• Advertisement

I've a recipe somewhere for bacon flavored whiskey

You can't just post that and leave us hanging. Go find it!!!!

Cook three to four slices of bacon, enough to render at least 1 – 3 ounces of fat. Once the bacon has cooled a bit, pour off the fat from the pan. Pour 750 ml of bourbon into a non-porous container. Strain the 1 – 3 ounces of bacon fat into the container and infuse for four to six hours at room temperature. Place mixture in freezer until all the fat is solidified. With a slotted spoon, remove fat and strain mixture back into bottle. Pass bourbon through a coffee filter to remove sediment if desired.

This works best with streaky US bacon

Genius. And Guy Fieri is a legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The_M wrote: »

The saddest thing about that video is that that place has closed down. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Reesy

JUst like to say that I had sausages from Fenelons of Stillorgan for my dinner. As usual they were scrumptious. Mmmmmmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Jonathan Ross must be an honorary member of BGRH. He has just promoted Bacon flavoured jam on his show. Where can I get this beautiful thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Hmmm picture and possible link of a supplier here here

Also found these...
    Bacon flavoured jelly beans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

check these guys out the f***in love their bacon,this is just one of there many videos

by the way the candy bacon is damn tasty(bacon covered with brown sugar)

Advertisement