Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FSA Qualifying League

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Cheers fellas, long way to go yet but I'm delighted with the season thus far. Hope it was just a one GW red arrow blip for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,552 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I was checking the damage my 74 points did to leagues and this one was by far the worst. Next four behind me scored 92, 93, 85, and Cypher Sounds' incredible 116! I've still got a 70 point cushion in the promotion zone though.

Very impressive, you're unquestionably gonna be a great addition to the league!!!

CSF wrote: »
    Very impressive, you're unquestionably gonna be a great addition to the league!!!

Don't jinx it :P

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beaver111

Don't jinx it :P
    somebody must have jinxed my team was in the top three for most of the season and now in 19th, its going to be tough to get back up there

The number of qualifying spots for League 2 has just been bumped upto 4, a late Christmas present of sorts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I've neglected this thread for a while, but I just did some more number crunching and came up with this graph:

339845.png

What we're effectively looking at here is the league ranked not just from top to bottom, but also based on the number of points in the difference between us.

We see that Ziegler is out in front by 36 points, but to hammer home how closely bunched the league is, there are 10 other players within the next 36 points!

My love for a good graph has made me spring into action again and clean that up.

I've now included cut off points for overall rank. Over half of the league are in the Top 200k!

339853.png

My buffer has been dwindling week by week :(

My buffer has been dwindling week by week :(
    ...and it's now increased again somewhat. Welcome to the sub 1k club :)

340675.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

In 8th at the moment and happy with that considering the standard of this league!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

FSAQL_stats.jpg

Other league standards:

Boards pay league: 1603.80
    FFS: 1691.80!!

jimmii wrote: »
    FSAQL_stats.jpg

Other league standards:

Boards pay league: 1603.80
    FFS: 1691.80!!

Not really fair to compare with those two! A fair comparison is with the other FSA leagues in the same comp.

Not really fair to compare with those two! A fair comparison is with the other FSA leagues in the same comp.

Just picked a couple of the decent ones I am in the rest are all fairly low quality!

Its pretty decent to be so close to the pay league considering the pay league has 60% more people in it! Only put FFS in as thats obviously the highest scoring league out there.

EDIT: i'll see if I can find the others and take a look!

Well that was a waste of time they are H2H leagues right?

Just picked a couple of the decent ones I am in the rest are all fairly low quality!

Its pretty decent to be so close to the pay league considering the pay league has 60% more people in it! Only put FFS in as thats obviously the highest scoring league out there.

EDIT: i'll see if I can find the others and take a look!

Well that was a waste of time they are H2H leagues right?

Ah, yes - they are!
    The tone of my previous post was not right - sorry if it seemed I was having a pop at you!

Ah, yes - they are!
    The tone of my previous post was not right - sorry if it seemed I was having a pop at you!

No sure I didn't read it like that at all! Be interesting to compare it to other leagues with 80-90 people in. I have a 41 person league with the a league standard of 1561.20 all my other leagues big ones the Top 1k any season league standard is 1647 hardly surprising that has such a high standard though interesting thing to note in that league 32% still have their WC.

Just looking at the guy at the top of the 1k league he's 37th overall right now and finished 12th in 12/13 he must not have been used to having such a mare last season finished a lowly 8600!!

No sure I didn't read it like that at all! Be interesting to compare it to other leagues with 80-90 people in. I have a 41 person league with the a league standard of 1561.20 all my other leagues big ones the Top 1k any season league standard is 1647 hardly surprising that has such a high standard though interesting thing to note in that league 32% still have their WC.

Just looking at the guy at the top of the 1k league he's 37th overall right now and finished 12th in 12/13 he must not have been used to having such a mare last season finished a lowly 8600!!
    The league standard is only the average of the top 5 players in the league though, so size of the league doesn't matter!

AdMMM wrote: »
    The league standard is only the average of the top 5 players in the league though, so size of the league doesn't matter!

Of course it does! The bigger the league the more likely you are to have higher ranked players and therefore a higher league standard. If you can find a 5 player league with a higher standard than a 1000 player league I would be stunned!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

1573 would be the standard for the FSA premier league, (average of the top 5 point scorers if that is the correct way to do it??)

I just noticed that I was knocked off top in this league for the first time in donkey's by "The Heros We Deserve" but Costa has restored me. Props to "The Goats Don't Shave" for a 101 point haul.

All to play for by the looks of it with 6 and a bit GWs left. Best of luck to all involved.

• Advertisement

This is becoming very close now! Ziegler has conceded the lead and there's a host of players closing in on the top places.

How many are promoted again?

AdMMM wrote: »
    This is becoming very close now! Ziegler has conceded the lead and there's a host of players closing in on the top places.

How many are promoted again?

Top 3 so its super tight. I think a lot of back ups got in last year though. I was meant to be in one of the leagues but forgot to sign up in time! If I finish top 3 this year i'll be sure to be quicker about it!!

Going to be hard for Ziegler I just used my WC, 1st has theirs active and 3rd still has theirs available!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,603 ✭✭✭lassykk

I'm hoping to hold people off with a super strong 8 point lead!

My wildcard this week better go well!

Have to admit, around the start of the year this league wasn't even on my radar as I didn't think I stood a chance of catching Ziegler1988

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭patmac

I thought I'd entered this but must have put in the wrong ID. Currently have 1909 points would love to know where I stand.

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I was sitting pretty with a lead a couple of weeks ago then GW32 happened. Amazing how this week the top 4 scored 58, 59, 59 & 60!

Guessing our WC teams will likely be quite similar will probably make it quite tough for me to make up any points. Hopefully my extra transfer before GW37 will pay dividends!

patmac wrote: »
    I thought I'd entered this but must have put in the wrong ID. Currently have 1909 points would love to know where I stand.

1909 is good for joint 7th.

FSA qualifying league table

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,350 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I was sitting pretty in 2nd for a good while. But my post-wildcard-freefall means I've dropped a good bit. Hopefully I can stay in the top 10 - it might be good enough to get it, CSF seemed to think there would be more than the automatic top 3 getting in.

I was sitting pretty in 2nd for a good while. But my post-wildcard-freefall means I've dropped a good bit. Hopefully I can stay in the top 10 - it might be good enough to get it, CSF seemed to think there would be more than the automatic top 3 getting in.

Yeh there more than likely will be think last year it ended up being 10 due to people not signing up in time to the main leagues.

Top 4 are definitely promoted and then any other places are dependent on current league members not renewing their status. My 80 point lead disappeared quite quickly, but I've made mistake after mistake since the Jan WC so can't complain too much.

• Advertisement

Top 4 are definitely promoted and then any other places are dependent on current league members not renewing their status. My 80 point lead disappeared quite quickly, but I've made mistake after mistake since the Jan WC so can't complain too much.

You got off to a flyer! By GW7 you were already 60 points up on my and in GW17 it was 113! If you can keep in touch this week with so few DGW players then you should be sorted for top 4.

You sure its 4 OP in this thread says Top 3?

You got off to a flyer! By GW7 you were already 60 points up on my and in GW17 it was 113! If you can keep in touch this week with so few DGW players then you should be sorted for top 4.

You sure its 4 OP in this thread says Top 3?

Ha, I'll be rolling with 8 DGWers at a 12 point hit.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93616593&postcount=156

Ha, I'll be rolling with 8 DGWers at a 12 point hit.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=93616593&postcount=156

:eek:!!

Good to see we got an extra spot. How did that come about? Always tough to know what to do for the DGW do you stick with one game players knowing you could catch the DGW teams but more than likely fall behind or do you take the hits knowing you aren't going to make up any ground but you are minimising the risk of falling a lot further behind. Looks like I will be going with just 8 after Nugent did whatever he did. Very frustrating game at times! Zaha or Dann at home to Hull not the worst back up if he does miss out.

I was sitting pretty with a lead a couple of weeks ago then GW32 happened. Amazing how this week the top 4 scored 58, 59, 59 & 60!

Guessing our WC teams will likely be quite similar will probably make it quite tough for me to make up any points. Hopefully my extra transfer before GW37 will pay dividends!

Yeah it is amazing alright.. We only have 5 common players in the GW yet ended up with almost identical points... Ziegler has only 6 common players with me and was the same!

Our WC teams will look quite alike alright... I have Terry to your Ivanovic which I'd say is an advantage for you. My future transfers won't allow for Ivanovic now... We have both gone different ways though with our Liverpool / Leicester players though... I have Mignolet and as yet undecided on Sterling and Henderson... For Leicester I am still undecided on Cambiasso / Albrigton and Vardy / Ulloa.

Gonna be an interesting last few weeks in this league!

I had Terry & Henderson in originally but went through my planned transfers and ended up with enough each week to change them to Ivan & Coutinho so figured I may as well! Handy having Leicester playing twice and then having a couple of ok fixtures to make it possible with my meagre funds!

:eek:!!

Good to see we got an extra spot. How did that come about? Always tough to know what to do for the DGW do you stick with one game players knowing you could catch the DGW teams but more than likely fall behind or do you take the hits knowing you aren't going to make up any ground but you are minimising the risk of falling a lot further behind. Looks like I will be going with just 8 after Nugent did whatever he did. Very frustrating game at times! Zaha or Dann at home to Hull not the worst back up if he does miss out.

I think it was due to someone in the leagues getting banned from the forum. I got royally boned last DGW with no players and have some deadwood I'd like to get rid of; we'll see if the -12 pays off or not.

• Advertisement

I think it was due to someone in the leagues getting banned from the forum. I got royally boned last DGW with no players and have some deadwood I'd like to get rid of; we'll see if the -12 pays off or not.

Before the Villa game hits for Pool players seemed a no brainer given their GW35 fixture now i'm not so convinced. You'd almost want extra Hull players if they face the same Liverpool side Villa did!

Before the Villa game hits for Pool players seemed a no brainer given their GW35 fixture now i'm not so convinced. You'd almost want extra Hull players if they face the same Liverpool side Villa did!

I am actually tempted to have a Hull player for the DGW but they are just playing appalling at moment so don't think it's worth it!

Would have to drop Kane if I do and could just see him ruining my weekend by scoring an unlikely hat trick

Kane & Aguero certainly make it hard to go for more than 9 this DGW as we have seen many a time they can do more damage in 90 minutes than most can do in two DGWs let alone one!

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

I can't believe I'm still in with a chance for promotion. Dropped 1 place down to 6th last GW (my lack of a Chelsea def has cost me lately) and I'm not well set-up for the DGW so the 11 pts gap to the promotion zone could be a very tough task to achieve. I'll give it a try anyway :).

Kane & Aguero certainly make it hard to go for more than 9 this DGW as we have seen many a time they can do more damage in 90 minutes than most can do in two DGWs let alone one!
    Kane is away to Southampton though. On paper it seems like a great opportunity to bench him and benefit from DGWers elsewhere. On paper...

• Advertisement

Neoulous wrote: »
    Kane is away to Southampton though. On paper it seems like a great opportunity to bench him and benefit from DGWers elsewhere. On paper...

Yeh makes it easier to bench him this week but not a great selection of midfielders or defenders to start ahead of him though! I think we'd see a lot more Kaneless teams if Sturridge was fit but as it is hard not to keep him in.

Yeh makes it easier to bench him this week but not a great selection of midfielders or defenders to start ahead of him though! I think we'd see a lot more Kaneless teams if Sturridge was fit but as it is hard not to keep him in.
    Yeah it also probably depends on how each one's team is set up. Having Cork as my cheap 5th midfielder I'll play Kane this week. And with Arsenal DGW coming I don't think any DGW mid is worth an 8 pt hit for getting rid of and buying back Cork (to allow Sanchez back).

Neoulous wrote: »
    Yeah it also probably depends on how each one's team is set up. Having Cork as my cheap 5th midfielder I'll play Kane this week. And with Arsenal DGW coming I don't think any DGW mid is worth an 8 pt hit for getting rid of and buying back Cork (to allow Sanchez back).

Yeh GW37 has to come into the thinking too.

I'm planning to have ospina in my wildcard team as my way in to the Arsenal team and I'm holding Van Arnholt against my better judgement purely for GW 37 (and he's cheap!)

Then I can bring in Giroud and one of the Aresenal mids between now and GW37

Hoping that is the right approach.

The entire Hull team is dirt so a 10th DGW seems futile... Would have to be Bruce or McShane and neither fill me with confidence!

Could go N'Doye but you'd want him out again straight away!

Could go N'Doye but you'd want him out again straight away!

True but I'd have to go N'Doye instead of Vardy.. Don't want to have to transfer our Vardy and N'Doye afterwards as that would be a -4... Can't see N'Doye doing enough to justify a -4 next week!

You wouldn't think so but you never know what a DGW striker can do!

Very happy to see yourself in the top 4 after your kind sponsorship of various events over the year. Keep it going for 5 more weeks!!!

CSF wrote: »
    Very happy to see yourself in the top 4 after your kind sponsorship of various events over the year. Keep it going for 5 more weeks!!!

Was hoping it might make an extra spot open up if in just miss out :pac: :pac:

Was hoping it might make an extra spot open up if in just miss out :pac: :pac:
    I'll see what I can do :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement