Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ah another scumbag incident

Options
  • 03-03-2008 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭

So walking home today and some random scumbag looking chap walking towards me. Anyway, I generally would cross the road but there was traffic and whatnot so I kept walking.

So as the guy passes me, he spits right in my face and mumbles something at me:mad: couldn't hear what as I was listening to Nickleback's excellent song 'Rockstar' on the old iPod and frankly didn't give a sh!t. Now as a not-so-confrontational, slightly scrawny 16 year old, it wouldn't have been in my best interests to engage the gentlemen in physical combat so I exchanged the usual pleasantaries of 'Fcuk Off' and such.

Now no massive deal here, I wasn't knifed or anything but jesus some people are ****ing pricks! Just getting it off my chest anyhow and there seems to be a quota of skanger threads to fill for AH so just my 2c.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Perhaps your moustache was on fire and you didn't realise?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I spit on people who listen to Nickleback too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

That's pretty disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,304 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

stovelid wrote: »
    Perhaps your moustache was on fire and you didn't realise?

:D:D

I am finding it hard to believe that anyone would gob on you for absolutely no reason. Were you wearing your White Pride t-shirt walking down Moore Street or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You're a shill for Nickleback, aren't you...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭LaVidaLoca

was a music connoisseur?

Surely your appalling taste (NickelBack?) would warrant a little expectoration on his part.

I think his act was a timely comment on the state of the music industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Unless Superman has retired to North Dublin, I doubt he could hear the iPod:D And its their only good song!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Conor108 wrote: »
    I generally would cross the road but there was traffic and whatnot so I kept walking.

I think this could be part of it. Your body language told him you were pretty disgusted by him. So he gave you something to be disgusted about.

Im not for a second condoning it, its just a possible explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

OP ... get a dictionary and look up the words "sh1t" and "syphillis" ... somewhere between these you will find "sympathy" ... but you won't get it here ;)

Where did this happen ? Was the gentleman known to you ? By any chance were you singing out loud ? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

So as the guy passes me, he spits right in my face...

Your mistake was assuming he was human. The truth is that Scumbags are an entirely new species, engineered by the evil doctor Yakub to be d*cks to humanity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Dinter

Jeez with the amount of diseases those filthy verminous fcukers have that would be like being gobbed on by a spitting cobra.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Its like the way in other cultures they spit on your face as a friendly greeting (Ace Ventura 2) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

ok so he was so much of a scumbag that for no reason whatsoever he spat at you in the face and then let you off with telling him f' off, hmmm..... sounds suspiciously made up to me. if i was joey scumbag having a bad day and went so far as to provoke someone that much, id certainly have followed through and beaten you up

if im wrong i guess id fall short of the mindless scumbag in todays society

ok so he was so much of a scumbag that for no reason whatsoever he spat at you in the face and then let you off with telling him f' off, hmmm..... sounds suspiciously made up to me. if i was joey scumbag having a bad day and went so far as to provoke someone that much, id certainly have followed through and beaten you up

My thinking exactly...where's the troll net?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I was approached by two little scangers while crossing the bridge over the M50, Moped- "GIVE US UR FONE!?!" burger- "EMPTY UR POCKETZ!", i respond angrily with "NO GIVE ME YOUR PHONE!" they just walked off......? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 81,769 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So walking home today and some random scumbag looking chap walking towards me. Anyway, I generally would cross the road but there was traffic and whatnot so I kept walking.

So as the guy passes me, he spits right in my face and mumbles something at me:mad: couldn't hear what as I was listening to Nickleback's excellent song 'Rockstar' on the old iPod and frankly didn't give a sh!t. Now as a not-so-confrontational, slightly scrawny 16 year old, it wouldn't have been in my best interests to engage the gentlemen in physical combat so I exchanged the usual pleasantaries of 'Fcuk Off' and such.

Now no massive deal here, I wasn't knifed or anything but jesus some people are ****ing pricks! Just getting it off my chest anyhow and there seems to be a quota of skanger threads to fill for AH so just my 2c.

I can figure this one out: You were listening to Rockstar.

-_-

I would have spat at you.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Op a swift drop to the knee and very hard punch to the groin would have sorted that out!!

A few similar situations happened to me, though I wasnt listening to Nickelback!
    Walking through henry street arcade and this guy swings his jacket at me with 3 or 4 bottles of beer in the pockets (about 2 o clock on a saturday...) As I was having a ****ty day jumped out of the way kicked him in the throat dropped like a stone and all his skanger mates were shocked!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUZUZvhvLV4

Walking down grafton street a couple of years ago with the g/f about 2am. We'd been out with friends but i was the DD for the night so we were walking down to the car and 2 lads just standing in the middle of the street, one with his back to us and other giving a location commentary so he proceeds to back slap my g/f i caught his hand and broke a few of his fingers. Its best to meet these scumbags head on IMO.

But be warned it doesnt always work!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Op a swift drop to the knee and very hard punch to the groin would have sorted that out!!

Noted. Em It definitely happened and I'm definitely not a troll. Like 750 posts why start now?

Thats a great vid there ^^

A few similar situations happened to me, though I wasnt listening to Nickelback!
    Walking through henry street arcade and this guy swings his jacket at me with 3 or 4 bottles of beer in the pockets (about 2 o clock on a saturday...) As I was having a ****ty day jumped out of the way kicked him in the throat dropped like a stone and all his skanger mates were shocked!

Walking down grafton street a couple of years ago with the g/f about 2am. We'd been out with friends but i was the DD for the night so we were walking down to the car and 2 lads just standing in the middle of the street, one with his back to us and other giving a location commentary so he proceeds to back slap my g/f i caught his hand and broke a few of his fingers. Its best to meet these scumbags head on IMO.

Not everyone is Charles Bronson but I do agree oyu shouldn't let scumbags intimidate you...most will back down if you even throw a dirty look at them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,878 ✭✭✭patrickc

ya may get checked for scum germs now so

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Collie D wrote: »
    Not everyone is Charles Bronson but I do agree oyu shouldn't let scumbags intimidate you...most will back down if you even throw a dirty look at them

Beleive me I'm far from it, But these sumbags are expecting people who they target to shy away from confrontation, putting on a brave is usually enough but if they threaten physical harm to you or others then it's time to meet that head on.

But as i said its not always the best way. A guy i was in college with got a kicking at the nitelink a few years ago cos he wouldnt give these 2 guys cigarettes, the chap didnt even smoke. He told them to f**k off and got a kicking. If he had of stayed quiet he would have made it home in one piece probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

If you ever get in a fight with a scumbag be sure to use your standard special move: Falcon Punch.

I've heard that it's been buffed in Brawl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

You know, this reminds me of an incident that happened me last week!

I was walking up Grafton Street, when out of the corner of my eye I spotted a group of men wearing balaclavas looking in my direction. I got past them, but the shadow on the ground showed me that one was creeping up on me so I quickly spun around and roundhouse kicked him straight in the face. He flew through the air and came crashing down through the window of the newsagents, while his mates suddenly ran up to me, forming a circle around me, all in a slightly different karate pose than the other.

Only a second had passed before they were upon me, I quickly grabbed a metal pole I happened to find and swung it around, knocking two straight in the face, while simultaneously fighting one off with my left hand. One of the bastards then managed to grab the pole off me and swung it, but I ducked and it cracked his mate in the head, knocking him to the floor. While down, it gave me the ideal opportunity to try out my new special combo, getting into a handstand I spun my legs around, kicking each of them in the throat, while at the same time karate chopping their knee caps, then leaping onto my feet and grabbing one of them and swinging him around in circles finishing off the last of his friends who were standing, before throwing him through the window of Korkys.

As I walked away, the crowd that had gathered clapped slowly at first, then quicker until it was a roar that silenced the screams of pain from my attackers.

Definitely best to engage these guys head on, as you said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

rb_ie wrote: »

I was walking up Grafton Street......

*Starts clapping hands, slowly at first, then quicker until it's a roar that silences my laughter at helimachopters expense.

Bravo RB, bravo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭b_beep

best thing I've read on Boards in a long time *round of applause*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Collie D wrote: »
    :D:D

I am finding it hard to believe that anyone would gob on you for absolutely no reason

And you live in Dublin!? This kind of stuff happens all the time. I've actually seen it happen before on Malboro Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

if someone spits in your face, that warrants execution, you should have at least pushed him under the next passing bus.

edit:
    KaG1888 wrote: »
    And you live in Dublin!? This kind of stuff happens all the time. I've actually seen it happen before on Malboro Street.

yeah of course it happens all the time and you pin point one incident on Malborough St

rb_ie wrote: »

I was walking up Grafton Street, when out of the corner of my eye I spotted a group of men wearing balaclavas looking in my direction. I got past them, but the shadow on the ground showed me that one was creeping up on me so I quickly spun around and roundhouse kicked him straight in the face. He flew through the air and came crashing down through the window of the newsagents, while his mates suddenly ran up to me, forming a circle around me, all in a slightly different karate pose than the other.

Only a second had passed before they were upon me, I quickly grabbed a metal pole I happened to find and swung it around, knocking two straight in the face, while simultaneously fighting one off with my left hand. One of the bastards then managed to grab the pole off me and swung it, but I ducked and it cracked his mate in the head, knocking him to the floor. While down, it gave me the ideal opportunity to try out my new special combo, getting into a handstand I spun my legs around, kicking each of them in the throat, while at the same time karate chopping their knee caps, then leaping onto my feet and grabbing one of them and swinging him around in circles finishing off the last of his friends who were standing, before throwing him through the window of Korkys.

As I walked away, the crowd that had gathered clapped slowly at first, then quicker until it was a roar that silenced the screams of pain from my attackers.

Definitely best to engage these guys head on, as you said.

Actually its not that funny. What about the people who have actually got a kicking from these scumbags?? Somehow I dont think they'd find that post amusing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

A-Trak wrote: »
    *Starts clapping hands, slowly at first, then quicker until it's a roar that silences my laughter at helimachopters expense.

Bravo RB, bravo.
    b_beep wrote: »
    best thing I've read on Boards in a long time *round of applause*
    cance wrote: »

Ty :D

Advertisement