Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Overkill UK Police?!

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Shzm

Those pesky gunmen, always the last place you look.

I'm almost scared to go to the toilet incase I miss something...I'll be raging if this drags on all night :D

There's only one way this can end, captivating stuff!

Quite funny though watching these reporters struglling for new things to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

''Here did anyone think to look in that disused Butchers? Down the road, aye well check it out friday''

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Ha, the kids smiling and waving to the camera... and the guy who wandered by having a beer!!!

If that woman says 'she's absolutely terrified' one more time... she'll be cashing in on Sunday's paper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Degag wrote: »
    Yeah, same woman then says that she is so worried about her mother and is going to ring her straight away. Camera cuts to the reporter and you can see the same woman telling her story to some other news agency.... Very worried indeed.:rolleyes:

Lol, here we go again:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

''Moat sat on the river bank with his head in his hands looking forlorn depressed and suicidal and carrying what looks like a Newcastle United season ticket in his hand''

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

watching skynews here live, reportedly he's got a sawn off shotgun to his neck...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

The media is being KICKED OUT of the area - to 10 miles away..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

They still havent been moved yet.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

He's standing up now :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Things moving on fast here in 3 hours he has gone from lying down to sitting up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Sky News are LOVING this....

Apparantly last night Raol Moat "Stole a tomato from a greenhouse"..!!!!

That's the last straw! Shoot Him!!!! :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,457 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Well, he's dead now...
    Police confirm they're negotiating with him.. That must be an interesting conversation.

"I'm going to kill myself!"
    "Really?...We were kind of planning to kill you.."

I am reminded of Sheriff Judd and the manhunt in 2006...
    Every available unit and canine team descended on the area. Freeland briefly appeared at the perimeter of the woods to fire at the officers but then took cover again. He dug in under another fallen oak tree and hid there. Later that afternoon the body of 39-year-old Deputy Williams, a father of three, was found and carried from the wooded area. Officers noted that the slain man's gun and ammo were missing.

Freeland remained under the oak tree overnight, where a 10-member SWAT team found him the next morning. When they saw Freeland raise his right hand clutching a gun (one they would later learn belonged to the slain deputy), nine of the ten officers fired, hitting him with 68 of 110 shots. Freeland was dead at the scene.

Afterwards, when called upon by the media to make a statement about the manhunt and its outcome, Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd told various reporters, "That's all the bullets we had or we would have shot him more. Quite frankly, we weren't taking any chances."

NTM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭vodafoneproblem

Manic Moran, can you see the hourly footage Sky are running on this story? There sure seems to be a lot of 'bangs' going off in the background. Do you think they're gunshots?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭vodafoneproblem

Could be a Chinese firecracker party next door, I suppose. It's a bit bizarre that Sky keep saying he killed himself over this footage that sounds like a crazy amount of gunshots going off in the background!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

God I hate Sky News. Tabloid TV.

I reckon the UK Police were trying to make an example out of this fella seeing as they never got near that Cumbrian buck. They were only too happy to show the media all the force they were putting into bringing him down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

MikeySligo wrote: »
    God I hate Sky News. Tabloid TV.

Have to admit its the most entertaining out of all the news channels.
    I reckon the UK Police were trying to make an example out of this fella seeing as they never got near that Cumbrian buck. They were only too happy to show the media all the force they were putting into bringing him down.

Yeah that are they didnt want any more coppers being killed. In Cumbria the whole thing happened over a number of hours so there wasnt much the police could do as Bird was so far ahead. In Rothbury Moat could have been anywhere.

I think what we have learned from the whole thing is Gunwielding Englishmen have the most random surnames.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

Hogzy wrote: »
    Have to admit its the most entertaining out of all the news channels.

Yeah that are they didnt want any more coppers being killed. In Cumbria the whole thing happened over a number of hours so there wasnt much the police could do as Bird was so far ahead. In Rothbury Moat could have been anywhere.

I think what we have learned from the whole thing is Gunwielding Englishmen have the most random surnames.

Entertaining yes, but so their so full of shyte and up their own holes. Particularly Kay Burley. She reminds me of April O'Neill for some reason.

This Moat fella didn't kill the cop though did he, only his girlfriends new fella or something?

Suppose its only a matter of time before some loon does something like this here. At the risk of sounding like my granny, you're not safe in your own house anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

MikeySligo wrote: »
    This Moat fella didn't kill the cop though did he, only his girlfriends new fella or something?
    I think he's blind in both eyes now.

What Moat said:
    “At 2.30pm, they came out. I shot him in the chest and he ran off. Sam screamed and tried to stop me as I gave chase. I fired the second and he went down. I pointed at Sam to chase her and she ran off. —— phoned the police from the front door screaming.

“I reloaded two customised rounds. One for Sam, one for him. Sam’s was half the powder, with small gauge pellets. With a superficial injury she would get massive compensation payout for her and Chanel’s future (their daughter). Inadvertently providing when I’m gone. And there would be scarring, reminding her not to ever do this to anyone again. How could she have done this to me?

“I put the third round into his head and went to the window and fired at Sam. It it but she seemed OK but I paused to be sure. She crawled to the kitchen quickly and hid behind the door. I looked around for anyone else to shoot, there was no one, looked back at Sam, went to shoot myself, then changed my mind.”

Advertisement