Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is a safe creatine supplement for bodybuilding

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭generic2012

Dtp1979 wrote:
    No idea to be honest. I'm trying to take in as much as I can naturally. Doc also says only 1 egg a day but I live eggs and I'd eat 5-6 a day if I could.

Naturally? is that like as much as u can eat without robots feeding u in your sleep?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Naturally? is that like as much as u can eat without robots feeding u in your sleep?

Sorry. When I say naturally I mean non powder form. I'm trying to eat chicken, steak, fish, eggs, eggs, cashew nuts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,553 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Doc also says only 1 egg a day but I live eggs and I'd eat 5-6 a day if I could.

Ah jaysus.

Do you drive to appointments in a DeLorean?

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Sorry. When I say naturally I mean non powder form. I'm trying to eat chicken, steak, fish, eggs, eggs, cashew nuts etc.

whey is more 'natural' for n irish man than cashew nuts. eating whey protein powder is one of the easiest things, if not the easiest thing anyone can do to make their diet healthier. look up the 'naturalistic fallacy', it gets thrown around these threads a lot. also look up the definition of 'processed food' too.

whey is more 'natural' for n irish man than cashew nuts. eating whey protein powder is one of the easiest things, if not the easiest thing anyone can do to make their diet healthier. look up the 'naturalistic fallacy', it gets thrown around these threads a lot. also look up the definition of 'processed food' too.

Is whey powder not processed? Please forgive my ignorance I'm not trying to put down whey at all

• Advertisement

Ah jaysus.

Not any more as it broke down on the motorway when it hit 87 mph

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭abstrakt82

Ah jaysus.

haha exactly this, my doc gave out to me about the amount of eggs too. research has shown that the cholesterol in eggs has no bearing on the cholesterol in the body though

abstrakt82 wrote: »
    haha exactly this, my doc gave out to me about the amount of eggs too. research has shown that the cholesterol in eggs has no bearing on the cholesterol in the body though

That's what I thought but I didn't think I had the intellect to question him!

That's what I thought but I didn't think I had the intellect to question him!

You expect a doctor to know better.

It's just an outmoded way of thinking. Long since proved to be fallacious.

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Is whey powder not processed? Please forgive my ignorance I'm not trying to put down whey at all

'Processed' doesn't mean anything. it's just a word thrown around when someone needs to convey a certain narrative that they can't convey using facts/specifics. washing, seperation, packaging, sterilisation etc. are all types of processing. it's an empty word. so what is the specific type/types of processing ur trying to avoid?

• Advertisement

'Processed' doesn't mean anything. it's just a word thrown around when someone needs to convey a certain narrative that they can't convey using facts/specifics. washing, seperation, packaging, sterilisation etc. are all types of processing. it's an empty word. so what is the specific type/types of processing ur trying to avoid?

Well by processed I mean manufactured. Whey Powder is manufactured along with a load of ingredients I can't even pronounce. Chicken, fish nuts etc aren't I suppose

Dtp1979 wrote:
    Well by processed I mean manufactured. Whey Powder is manufactured along with a load of ingredients I can't even pronounce. Chicken, fish nuts etc aren't I suppose

maybe some types of whey are. but that doesn't mean they all are. that's saying all chicken is high in fat because of KFC. get unflavoured whey protein concentrate. it only has one ingredient. same holds true with whey as all foods, the shiny packages look nice but are generally a sign of bad food.

maybe some types of whey are. but that doesn't mean they all are. that's saying all chicken is high in fat because of KFC. get unflavoured whey protein concentrate. it only has one ingredient. same holds true with whey as all foods, the shiny packages look nice but are generally a sign of bad food.
    So where do I get some of that whey and what's it called?

So where do I get some of that whey and what's it called?

I get it from myprotein.ie unflavoured impact whey. There's prolly other sites too. Don't just take my word on whey, look up some of its benefits and see if u think it would suit u

I get it from myprotein.ie unflavoured impact whey. There's prolly other sites too. Don't just take my word on whey, look up some of its benefits and see if u think it would suit u

Will do thanks for that.
    And sorry op for hijacking your thread

• Registered Users Posts: 39,024 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

If the flavourings used in whey are the worst part of your diet then you are a phenomenal job.
    But chances are it isn't and it's the best issue to focus on.

Mellor wrote: »
    If the flavourings used in whey are the worst part of your diet then you are a phenomenal job.
    But chances are it isn't and it's the best issue to focus on.

Not flavours. For instance, what's lactoperoxidase?

It's an enzyme.

Advertisement