Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My husband, his co-workers ,company & sex

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,034 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Gio2000 wrote: »
    I don't have the money he has access to full stop. He has the head of one of the most prestigious families in Ireland backing his company.
    Surely you are entitled to a fair share of what you call 'his' company? Does it matter that you may not be not a director or shareholder?

Check all this out carefully. Get your ducks in a row.
    I need a really good lawyer...
    You should find one asap then. Actually, find two: one where you are living now, and one in Ireland.

Not to sound too paranoid, but have you considered the privacy of your internet/phone communications? Did your husband know your passwords? Have you changed them to something semi-random that he definitely won't be able to guess? Google strong password. Do not use the same password for different accounts. Have you had your computer scanned for key logging software etc.? Information is power, and you should be very careful regarding this.

Have you set up new e-mail addresses that he is unaware of? Does he have access to your landline or mobile phone usage history (who you called, texted etc.)? If the accounts are still in his name, he does...

All of the above applies equally to any phone/tablet etc. that your children may have. Their devices should be scanned too, and their new passwords should be unrelated to any new strong passwords you decide on for your own devices/accounts (and should not be guessable by him).

Have you changed your locks/security codes? Is it possible that your home/car is bugged?

I am not trying to freak you out here. These are things you should consider, because as you know, you are now in serious conflict with a dangerous, lying, manipulative individual.

It is time to play hardball.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Gio2000

Esel wrote: »
    Surely you are entitled to a fair share of what you call 'his' company? Does it matter that you may not be not a director or shareholder?

Check all this out carefully. Get your ducks in a row.

You should find one asap then. Actually, find two: one where you are living now, and one in Ireland.

Not to sound too paranoid, but have you considered the privacy of your internet/phone communications? Did your husband know your passwords? Have you changed them to something semi-random that he definitely won't be able to guess? Google strong password. Do not use the same password for different accounts. Have you had your computer scanned for key logging software etc.? Information is power, and you should be very careful regarding this.

Have you set up new e-mail addresses that he is unaware of? Does he have access to your landline or mobile phone usage history (who you called, texted etc.)? If the accounts are still in his name, he does...

All of the above applies equally to any phone/tablet etc. that your children may have. Their devices should be scanned too, and their new passwords should be unrelated to any new strong passwords you decide on for your own devices/accounts (and should not be guessable by him).

Have you changed your locks/security codes? Is it possible that your home/car is bugged?

I am not trying to freak you out here. These are things you should consider, because as you know, you are now in serious conflict with a dangerous, lying, manipulative individual.

It is time to play hardball.

Unfortunately he has on his team within the company a telecommunications computer wiz or genius and on his side so yes it's a problem which I'll have to address. I do change my passwords but it might not be enough and the house phone log is connected to the company so I don't use it. I try to use Skype as it's free anyway.
    One of the things which is worrying me most is that after how many years my kids have no home of their own. No permanant roof over their heads.We have no property and neither does he.The only asset he has is the company shares. From what I've been told by the lawyers here and back home there will be no financial lump sum either in the end settlement of divorce.
    It does look like I've been really stitched up as they say and will walk away from this in ruins.Literally.Maybe I should be asking on the other legal forum for opinions on this.

He has the head of one of the most prestigious families in Ireland backing his company.
    You may see that as dis-empowering, but it just as easily could work to your advantage, if handled with top-class legal advice (in Ireland).

He may be thought to be the golden boy now, but no-one, maybe not even 'the head of one of the most prestigious families in Ireland' wants to be associated with someone like this, especially if their investment is endangered by possible legal action (or legally defensible washing of dirty linen in public). Is there a headess in that prestigious family?

Always proceed on the basis on top-class legal advice. Do nothing that could prejudice your case.

Not your ornery onager

Unfortunately he has on his team within the company a telecommunications computer wiz or genius and on his side so yes it's a problem which I'll have to address. I do change my passwords but it might not be enough and the house phone log is connected to the company so I don't use it. I try to use Skype as it's free anyway.
    Plug all the house phones out if you don't use them (except maybe at night, for security reasons - e.g. needing to call emergency services).

Find your own computer wiz/genius to verify that your communications are not compromised.

One of the things which is worrying me most is that after how many years my kids have no home of their own. No permanant roof over their heads. We have no property and neither does he. The only asset he has is the company shares. From what I've been told by the lawyers here and back home there will be no financial lump sum either in the end settlement of divorce.
    No home - that may be a fact at present. If it is, it is. You will not help yourself and your children by worrying about it. Regarding assets - be very sure that you do not actually have a claim on 'his' shares before you believe it.
    It does look like I've been really stitched up as they say and will walk away from this in ruins. Literally. Maybe I should be asking on the other legal forum for opinions on this.
    It might seem like that at the moment, but that does not mean that it is the case. You, and your children, will walk away though. Everyone can start again. As I said, get top-class legal advice in both jurisdictions.

If you do decide to start a thread on the legal forum, be very careful not to ask for legal advice, because that is not allowed, and your thread will be locked. Not sure how asking for an opinion (rather than advice) is viewed by the moderators on that forum.

Also, be aware that while threads/posts in this forum (RI) are not searchable via the Boards search function, most other forums are.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 4,055 ✭✭✭Emme

"In a world that is utterly corrupt, the best policy is to do as others do" Marquis De Sade

Your ex-husband is being every bit as dirty and manipulative as I suspected. Despite this you are still defending him.

I'm not saying that you should be corrupt just because your ex-husband is, but you should not take this lying down. Use all the resources you have at your disposal and this will probably mean reporting him to the police.

I suspect you are afraid you will lose your social position if you push ahead and play hardball. The bad news is that it is gone. You are no longer the wife of this man even through he took your inheritance to sink into his company. This man DEFRAUDED you of money that was intended for you. Money you could have used to set up a business of your own or pay for your children's education.

So what if he has one of Ireland's leading families backing him. It's easy to get money if you're willing to defraud other people and scam your nearest and dearest (at the time) out of her inheritance money.

So what if it gets into the papers where you are if you go to the police. I doubt if the Irish papers will have it splashed all over the headlines or even feature it at all. Even if they do so what?

Is there another reason you won't go to the police? Is there something you haven't told us or your solicitor that could jeopardise your case? If not what's stopping you going to the police? If you aren't going to stand up and fight your corner you're wasting your time and money with solicitors and they might think you are hiding something when you are not. Then they will lose interest in your case.

This man has accused you of physical abuse and is doing all he can to trump up his claim. Is this fair to you, your children or to genuine victims of domestic violence? I suspect you have been a victim of emotional abuse for years without realising it.

All through this thread you have been displaying signs of Stockholm Syndrome where an abused person is so browbeaten they end up siding with their abuser. Go to the Women's Aid website and note the section on emotional abuse. This can be every but as damaging as domestic abuse:
    www.womensaid.ie

Fight fire with fire.

• Advertisement

Ok so he is arrested. He eventually pays the bills but it's an endless cycle of this until our court date next year !
    I remember he went to court against a former employer he wrapped them up in paper work so much that they did settle even though they knew he wasn't entitled to what he got.
    He has damaged my character probably beyond repair. I have no really way of setting the record straight.This is why I can't go back to Dublin. It just so frustrating as I know you all think that it is a solution but it's only a stop gap with a bitter after taste. What if he tells my eldest Mommy had me arrested etc. like he did last time.

Like he did last time???

Did you have him arrested before and if so why? Did you tell your solicitor this?

It will be an endless cycle of harassment for you regardless of whether you fight or not. Believe me, it will be a lot worse if you don't.

No Emme,it was different circumstances after he had had an affair and He had refused to leave the family home after a very bad argument.
    I just don't want to have to go to this extreme as the police here are very different. If I have no money this week and no roof though I will. There is no choice really it's do or die.

No Emme,it was different circumstances after he had had an affair and He had refused to leave the family home after a very bad argument.
    I just don't want to have to go to this extreme as the police here are very different. If I have no money this week and no roof though I will. There is no choice really it's do or die.

Last time was an entirely different situation and the Gardai are sometimes reluctant go get involved in domestic situations.

Maybe it's a good thing the police are different where you are now. It is only right that police anywhere should take the case of a mother and children being left destitute by a spouse who is the sole earner, particularly in a foreign country.

Your ex might be trying to say you had no relationship for 5 years so why did he uproot you and the children and take you away from your friends and family to a foreign country? Maybe he wanted to alienate you from your friends and family and weaken your position. Even so you moved over there as his wife and you have been his wife to the eyes of the world up to when he deserted you and the children.

If he gets you to agree to a quick separation and you don't fight back you will be left homeless in a foreign country and your children will be taken away from you.

If it comes to it go to the police with your children, explain what happened and DO NOT SPARE YOUR HUSBAND. Tell them that you and your children have been abandoned by the children's father and you have no money and nowhere to go. Say you are going to be evicted and you need help.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

you think you dont hold any cards, but you do.

He wants a quick divorce, thats why he wants the separation backdated by 5 years. (I dont understand why he wants an Irish divorce if he is living in another country surely the process is quicker) This might be a big bargaining tool for you in the process.

He is well known, and connected to a prestigious and well known family in Ireland. Do you think they want a load of mud-slinging? No matter what kind of a mother you are, he is showing the kind of man HE is by leaving his children at risk of poverty and hunger, not to mention emotional abuse.

He has come out of his corner fighting to scare you off - to get you so terrified that you wont contest him for his money or other assets. He doesnt want the children - if he was so concerned for their welfare he would be providing a secure home and good food for them irrespective of the war going on with their mother. But he is using the children as a weapon to terrify you, threatening to take everything so that when he leaves you with what really matters - the children - and nothing else, you'd be so grateful you have them.

Adultery as a reason for divorce is tricky to prove, but you can still divorce him for unreasonable behaviour. Affairs or infidelity matter not a jot when dissolving a marraige - its purely about the separation of assets and provisions being made for the children.

Hang in there. If there is a domestic abuse organisation in your country speak to them - what he is doing is abusive. And they will know sh!t-hot lawyers who know how to deal with highly manipulative spouses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

He has the head of one of the most prestigious families in Ireland backing his company. I on the other hand do have back bone believe it or not after all this... but in the real world without the money to back it up it means nothing. I need a really good lawyer not one which is looking to me for suggestions................

And yes to answer that question, he is most definately with another woman and that is why he is desparately seeking an exit to this marriage so quickly.
    From what I've been told by the lawyers here and back home there will be no financial lump sum either in the end settlement of divorce.
    It does look like I've been really stitched up as they say and will walk away from this in ruins.Literally.Maybe I should be asking on the other legal forum for opinions on this.

I've just been reading through some of this OP, and as a outsider, I'd read your story in the paper and believe it. I wonder if that could be used to your advantage? An Irish reporter would jump at the chance to write a story from your point of view if he and his family are as well known as you say they are. Could that be used as leverage?

Maybe that's a daft idea, don't know.
    You may see that as dis-empowering, but it just as easily could work to your advantage, if handled with top-class legal advice (in Ireland).

He may be thought to be the golden boy now, but no-one, maybe not even 'the head of one of the most prestigious families in Ireland' wants to be associated with someone like this, especially if their investment is endangered by possible legal action (or legally defensible washing of dirty linen in public). Is there a headess in that prestigious family?

Always proceed on the basis on top-class legal advice. Do nothing that could prejudice your case.

This is better advice than mine - but if there is a matriarch in your husbands family, are you in a position to let her know exactly how badly this could go for his publicity if you and your children are not treated fairly?

• Advertisement

Hi,
    thought I would give an update as it has got even worse.I didn't go to the police as he did meet with Landlady and it seemed agreed to pay the rent. He gave some money for the month but again refused to pay extra bills.
    It then turned out it was just a decoy as he got himself a lawyer here and is going for Full custody.
    My Lawyer says they have medical files stating that I am not compos mentis or that I have some physcolgical issues.
    I have no idea where he has plucked this from. Spoke to a friend earlier and they thought he could be referring to Post -Natal depression but I never had that.
    His mind games are truly sickening and I Know that he couldn't have any evidence but he is so able to concoct something from nothing. It's all very frightening. Spoke to good lawyer back in Dublin and they advised me to go back and fight there. It means uprooting the children and they are happy here despite what is going on. They will be leaving good friends and perhaps a whole different future.
    I really hate him for doing this to them. I don't know how he can carry on like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Detached Retina

Take your kids and come home, get them as far away from him as you can. If he is that "powerful/Connected" and has managed to screw up your life as much has he has so far, he WILL try, and maybe succeed in taking your children. Leave. ASAP. They'll make new friends.Be ok in a new school. So will you. Do you want him screwing up your kids? He'll clearly never let you have a happy life or business there.

Hi,
    thought I would give an update as it has got even worse.I didn't go to the police as he did meet with Landlady and it seemed agreed to pay the rent. He gave some money for the month but again refused to pay extra bills.
    It then turned out it was just a decoy as he got himself a lawyer here and is going for Full custody.
    My Lawyer says they have medical files stating that I am not compos mentis or that I have some physcolgical issues.
    I have no idea where he has plucked this from. Spoke to a friend earlier and they thought he could be referring to Post -Natal depression but I never had that.
    His mind games are truly sickening and I Know that he couldn't have any evidence but he is so able to concoct something from nothing. It's all very frightening. Spoke to good lawyer back in Dublin and they advised me to go back and fight there. It means uprooting the children and they are happy here despite what is going on. They will be leaving good friends and perhaps a whole different future.
    I really hate him for doing this to them. I don't know how he can carry on like this.

If you're not willing to go to the police where you are you might be better off fighting in Dublin.

Did the good lawyer in Dublin give you advice on the legal aspects of moving your children from one country to another? That is an important consideration. Only go back if you are absolutely certain it is the right thing to do. If the children are not happy to move but you go with them to Dublin your ex will use this against you in the custody battle. Where in Dublin will you live and can you afford to move and find suitable accommodation for a family in Dublin?

You know your ex-husband is putting you under pressure and wants you to break down physically and mentally so he can take the children from you. You know he is capable of telling lies to so this. So why are you surprised at his carry on?

Your future will be different, that's for certain and if you want to keep your children you must remain calm and rational. Easier said than done but you must do it.

Take your kids and come home, get them as far away from him as you can. If he is that "powerful/Connected" and has managed to screw up your life as much has he has so far, he WILL try, and maybe succeed in taking your children. Leave. ASAP. They'll make new friends.Be ok in a new school. So will you. Do you want him screwing up your kids? He'll clearly never let you have a happy life or business there.

Unfortunately,I'm not going to have a happy life or business in Dublin either.
    For example,Earlier this year I was trying to get into the Websummit to give my business launch a boost and try to find some good contacts. After a few phone calls it came to nothing once they knew who my H was.Funny that ?!! His Company are now exhibiting for this Websummit. An I'm sitting here with the rug being pulled from under me. My life in tatters and no money to my name. All I have are the children and now he wants to take them from me. Not because he wants to care for them but because he has a vendetta against me now and he knows he wouldn't have to pay anything maintenence wise really.I don't stand a chance now is Dublin because of what he has been saying over the last how many months or years. He has succeeded in screwing up my life and he is getting away with it.

Unfortunately,I'm not going to have a happy life or business in Dublin either.
    For example,Earlier this year I was trying to get into the Websummit to give my business launch a boost and try to find some good contacts. After a few phone calls it came to nothing once they knew who my H was.Funny that ?!! His Company are now exhibiting for this Websummit. An I'm sitting here with the rug being pulled from under me. My life in tatters and no money to my name. All I have are the children and now he wants to take them from me. Not because he wants to care for them but because he has a vendetta against me now and he knows he wouldn't have to pay anything maintenence wise really.I don't stand a chance now is Dublin because of what he has been saying over the last how many months or years. He has succeeded in screwing up my life and he is getting away with it.

Why would he not have to pay maintenance? You gave up your career to have a family and support his move abroad. You loaned him your inheritance to set up his business. Surely your lawyers can fight your case to get that money back as well as reasonable maintenance.

It's not easy not loose your cool when your faced with this endless nightmare. If he manages to get Full custody he only pays for the children not me. That's my understanding. Here he would have to pay a lot of maintenence but no lump sum or cash compensation for what he took from me. Back in Ireland it he would have to pay maintenence but I would also be told to go to work and leave the home. Getting any money back is 50|50 and as we have no property it's hard to see how that would be dealt with. I have no family really in Ireland a couple of cousins that's it. No place to go even for a while. Most of my friends are in apartments with no space or in small houses and I couldn't land in with two kids. The children would have to go to different schools, I know that's usual but they were happy being so close in the same buildings here. We didn't have the same network of friends as we do here.
    Tbh, I can't see how I can live in Dublin ever again and hold my head up. He's humilated me so many times and now is dragging me through the mud, simply out of spite.

Unfortunately,I'm not going to have a happy life or business in Dublin either...

For example... Websummit to give my business launch a boost...
    So, which is it? Websummit, or the future of your children? This might seem harsh, but...
    ... not me. ... I would also be told to go to work and leave the home.... The children would have to go to different schools, I know that's usual...
    Work; children in different schools...

Normal life, then?

Not your ornery onager

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Gio, I understand this is incredibly difficult for you. But every time you post it's just excuse after excuse as it why you cannot follow the advice you've been given. Your lawyer where you are advised you to call the police. You didn't. You contacted a Dublin solicitor who advised you to come back to Dublin so that he can help you fight your case from here, and again it's all the reasons why you can't do that.

Forget his "medical records". If they are fake then it should be very easy to prove they are fake. Your husband is no doubt a very nasty man, but you are just making it too easy for him.

Start taking the advice of the people who are giving it to you.... Or roll over and let him destroy you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Stavro Mueller

I agree with Big Bag of Chips wholeheartedly. I can't help but think you're using this thread to vent. People gave you very good advice from the get go but from what I can see, you barely took any of it. If you'd gone to the police when you were urged to do so, you'd be in a far better position now. You didn't and that ship has sailed. I fear the same thing is about to happen all over again. Your husband is a very unpleasant person but your biggest enemy is you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Mod Note:
    Hi Esel, please refrain from correcting grammar, I know you might be trying to help but it's really considered off topic posting. If grammar or spelling is negatively impacting your understanding of the post then please report it otherwise really just let it slide. For someone who maybe in a delicate mental state your helpful comment will be received as anything but...

Thanks
    Taltos

• Advertisement

Do not capitalise unimportant nouns - i.e. Landlady, Lawyer. As said before, get a better lawyer where you are now.

So, which is it? Websummit, or the future of your children? This might seem harsh, but...

Work; children in different schools...

Normal life, then?

You are right Esel, grammer is always important. The Websummit is now a very powerful force in the world of start-ups. That's why more than 20,000 people attend each event now. I did want to build a business so I could survive on my own and so I could provide for my children's present and future.That ambition has been thwarted now.
    If I could work now I would but language is an issue. Never been afraid of it and would solve many issues right now, apart from childcare..
    Different schools yes, they have it easy here being so close but it's a small school and their are incredibly lucky. This is why it's such a hard decison to pack them up again and leave.
    I am taking all the advice on board it's just a very big step to involving the police at any level and I want to be sure I am doing the right thing and it's not going to add more fuel to the fire. I am going to make a report to the police today but only because I'm left with no option.I'm sorry if I seem dazed and confused to many of you but the truth is a really still can't believe I'm facing all this.

If the shoe was on the other foot your husband wouldn't think twice about going to the police. What is your alternative? Since you were first urged to go to the police the situation has escalated. You're staring into the abyss. Time to fight fire with fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭tara73

Ok so he is arrested. He eventually pays the bills but it's an endless cycle of this until our court date next year !
    I remember he went to court against a former employer he wrapped them up in paper work so much that they did settle even though they knew he wasn't entitled to what he got.
    He has damaged my character probably beyond repair. I have no really way of setting the record straight.This is why I can't go back to Dublin. It just so frustrating as I know you all think that it is a solution but it's only a stop gap with a bitter after taste. What if he tells my eldest Mommy had me arrested etc. like he did last time.

yeah, it's endless excuses, nothing more. and you wrote he's arrested in the post of the 13.10. what does that mean? you said you never went to the police?? why was he arrested???
    and what about the court date next year? who fixed that and what is it for? you never wrote anymore about it. all very odd imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

tara73 wrote: »
    yeah, it's endless excuses, nothing more. and you wrote he's arrested in the post of the 13.10. what does that mean? you said you never went to the police?? why was he arrested???
    and what about the court date next year? who fixed that and what is it for? you never wrote anymore about it. all very odd imho.

I think she's speaking hypothetically, as in 'okay, IF he's arrested, and IF it goes to court,' etc

Also, if you lose custody of the kids you'll lose control over what happens to them. They'll most likely end up having to move schools anyway. Not to mention the possibility of boarding school/different country down the line. If they end up having a sh*t life with their father they could end up resenting you. As thing stand, your "hands off" approach has achieved nothing apart from giving this creep more scope to trample right over you. He sounds like a amoral being who'll stop at nothing to get his own way. In the circumstances, a trip to the police is one of the last throws of the dice you have. What else can he do to you that's any worse than what he's attempting already? You hold more cards than you think. You are still his wife, you are the mother of his children. Why should you lose access to them just because you've not been able to cope by yourself with his cunning? Believe me, if you fail to take the gloves off now and fight this with every atom of your being, you'll have plenty of time to regret it in the future.

I do not know the intricacies of divorce law in Ireland or the country where you are now. You may feel more secure in Ireland and an Irish lawyer has advised you to fight him back here. You may feel psychologically stronger on home ground. However, if you and the children come back to Ireland without solid school and accommodation arrangements you will be making yourself and your children voluntarily homeless. This will not look good for your custody case. By solid accommodation arrangements I mean a house or suitable apartment which you can afford. You will also be supporting yourself and the children financially through the separation period. You will have the added stress of finding new schools for them and it sounds like they might be used to fee paying schools or equivalent.

Your husband's financial shenanigans may be his way of putting you under pressure to leave where you are now and come back to Ireland with the children to an uncertain future so he will have more ammunition against you. He is a master strategist and possibly a sociopath.

If you stay where you are and report him to the police if he doesn't pay rent, utilities or maintain the family as he should then you may be in a stronger position. If he has no property and has spent all your inheritance money you need to be in a place where you can get as much maintenance as possible for the children and yourself. You need to either get another solicitor where you are or do what the one you have says. How did it look to this solicitor when you didn't take his advice to go to the police at the start? Then your husband comes along and makes convincing (albeit untrue) allegations about your mental health. The solicitor does not know you so why should he believe you if you don't follow his advice. He may believe your husband and think you are hiding something.

The Irish solicitor may have been advising you to come back on the assumption that you have people here to put a roof over your head and feed and clothe your children. If it is so difficult to get your husband to provide for your children where you are it will be far more difficult for him to provide for you in another country. Especially if you play into his hands and make yourselves voluntarily homeless in the process. Only come back to Ireland if you are sure it is a move to MORE security for you and the children. In Ireland you will have to find work in a precarious jobs market and pay for childminders out of your salary as well as everything else.

Again, if your husband does not provide for them where you are you can still go to the police as part of your fight for maintenance.

Forget prestigious IT startup exhibitions for the moment and put your children first. If you do what's right by them you will get custody and you can focus on work when you are in a stronger position. This could take a year or more. Why the focus on setting up a business now? You knew your husband was cheating for years so why didn't you make provision for a worst case scenario before now?

To be honest, if you do not take positive action and fight for your children why should you be awarded custody of them?

• Administrators Posts: 13,778 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Gio, it is completely understandable that you are all over the place at the moment. You have had the rug pulled from under you. Everything you know is gone. You are no longer the financially secure wife of a prominent business man. You are now a single mother with no financial, emotional or practical support. That means that everything you've known has changed. All the plans you had will have to change too.

I'm not going to go back and check but it feels like you have posted more about your business and getting it started than about your kids and their future. You are struggling to get your business started. So why not just take a break for a while and concentrate on what you should be concentrating on.. Getting a stable environment for your children. You may need to think about getting a job now. Your business isn't established enough for you to be able to support yourself and your children. So you need to find another source of income... You can no longer be 100% dependent on your husband.

What are your social welfare entitlements in the country you are in? Have you any? These are the things you need to be doing and looking into. You are stuck thinking of all the things you can't do. You need to find out what you can do. This is where you need to use your solicitor. You need to know what options are available to you. What you are entitled to. How you get started. And how you go about getting on with your life no longer being your husband's wife.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Different schools yes, they have it easy here being so close but it's a small school and their are incredibly lucky.

I think you should seriously consider coming back to Ireland as your Irish solicitor has advised you to do that. And maybe, as you have no close family in Dublin, consider a different part of the country. In many of the smaller cities or bigger towns you will find it easy to finance a similar lifestyle for your children as that you describe here. You can still have access to your solicitor and the family you do have while restarting your life and maybe trying again with your business.

Whatever you do, you need to make a plan fast and start working on it. Your inertia right now is playing right into your husband's hands. If you don't do something soon, you stand to lose everything you are so afraid of losing.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jenneke87

If you don't make a decision it's akin to deciding that everything shall remain the same. Is that what you want? Is that the best thing for your children. It's okay to feel sorry for yourself in these kind of situations, it's not okay to let it control you and possibly doing harm to your children because of your inaction. You're their mother and you don't have a right to. Go back to Ireland if that is what has been adviced to you and fight for everything you're owed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭farmerjj

mhge wrote: »
    But that's your strength right there, he has lots to lose if you play hard.

Lifes to short for that sh*te, move on like you should have done years ago.

Advertisement