Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using tolltags on cars which it is not registered

Options
  • 09-02-2010 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I am using my girlfriends tolltag.ie tag which is registered to her car in my commercial jeep. Anyone any idea will the plaza`s pick up on the different number plates and charge the extra for the jeep or is this a common occurence???

Also i have been looking at different toll tags and it seems that the eflow is the best value for money considering I pass through the N6 toll twice daily and the M50 toll twice also???

Any info would be appreciated
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

Not sure on exactly what their policy is on this, but I'd imagine it's quite likely your girlfriends tag will be charged and you will also get a bill for your jeep aswell based on the reg being picked up.

You should probably contact them and add your reg to her account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nmbyrne

yeah, its just that i don`t like paying the extra for the jeep if i can get away with the car price if ya know what i mean!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

nmbyrne wrote: »
    yeah, its just that i don`t like paying the extra for the jeep if i can get away with the car price if ya know what i mean!!

Classy :) I guess you don't mind paying the reduced VRT on the jeep though?

AFAIK what kdouglas said is right - the tag will be charged, the cameras will pick up your reg plate and not be able to reconcile it with Tolltag so they'll bill your reg as well (not knowing that the two are the same vehicle).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Not sure how it would work on the M50, but I do know last time I tried it on the M4 the barrier wouldn't open for me, apparently it was because the reg didn't match the tag. Could have just been told waffle but it was a strange coincidence that it was the only time, and only time since, since there was issues reading the tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,872 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

You'll either get a bill in the post for the difference on the N6 or for the full price, know someone who used to use coin only lane in a carvan . You'll get fully charged for the M50 as the reg and tag don't match. If you've already traveled the M50 you could have a nice bill builtu up

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The M4 barrier is unlikely to raise as they use ANPR to determine what class you're registered as vs. the class your tag is registered as - I'd assume the other operators do the same.

The M50 will bill you by post for the reg, irregardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,245 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Would you like to owe €8,000? http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055819502

We don't allow people to advocate fraud here.

Advertisement