Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Once saved always saved is a false doctrine..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Not sure.
    OSas is the number One Doctrine of Devils to Undermine the Fear of God,
    Jesus said you MUST be born again. MUST. and no doubt about it!!!
    "Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God". John 3vs3

Many church folk, from the pulpit to the back door, who are living in all sorts of unrepentant sin and iniquity who say they are born again. I say are living proof of the dirty lie of OSAS. OSAS sells, thats why so many churches buy it!. Chances are you bought it too!! :)

1 John 2:3-4 And hereby WE do KNOW that we KNOW HIM, IF (IF, IF, IF) we KEEP HIS commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Soul Winner

J C wrote: »
    This verse refers to the use of a tree as a Totem Idol......and as I do not adore my Christmas tree nor permit others to do so.......
    .......it is therefore NEITHER a Totem nor an Idol......but merely a decoration!!!!

However, an Ank is a pagan symbol used in the worship of pagan deities by the ancient Egyptians and by some modern 'mystery cults'......which puts it into a totally different category to a Christmas tree!!!

But your Christmas tree is a phallic symbol, it is not Christian and neither is Christmas for that matter. Christ was not born on the 25th of December so why do you celebrate it then? And if it is not Christ's birth you are celebrating then what is it and why the tree?
    ......perhaps you didn't realise what an Ank was when you chose it as your avator???

Perhaps, but that’s besides the point at this stage of the argument. You seem to be implying that I advocate the Ank as a pagan symbol to be worshipped. If so then where have I advocated the worship of the Ank as a pagan symbol more than you have of the Christmas tree? You think the Christmas tree is a decorative thing as do I of the Ank. What’s the difference? The Christmas tree is a phallic symbol and has nothing to with the birth of Christ as does the Ank but the Christmas tree is ok but the Ank isn’t?

.....you ARE joking.....I assume!!!

No I am not joking. I hate self-righteous people. So does God.
    Could I gently point out that hatred should have no place in a Christian's heart........and especially NOT hatred towards fellow Christians.

Hatred of the right things has a place though. God hates plenty of things.

For instance:

Deuteronomy 9:28
    …'Because the LORD was not able to take them into the land he had promised them, and because he hated them, he brought them out to put them to death in the desert.'

Proverbs 6:16
    There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him:

Malachi 2:16
    "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

Romans 9:13
    Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

Romans 12:9
    Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Revelation 2:6
    But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

David also hated people:

Psalm 31:6
    I hate those who cling to worthless idols; I trust in the LORD.

If a self-righteous person were a so called fellow Christian then I would not be a Christian. A Christian is someone who follows Christ, puts their trust in Christ, is like Christ. What makes someone self-righteous is the fact that they trust in their own righteousness rather than God’s. This proves they are not my brothers. Some of these self-righteous ones call themselves Christians but they are not. They give lip service to God but worship the creature. They are false brethren. Read what kind and loving words Paul used here and what he wished the false brethren who came in unawares to the saints at Galatia compelling them to be circumcised would do:

Galatians 5:12
    As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!

......sounds like the 'cure' could be significantly worse than the 'disease'!!!:eek:

I disagree. As bad as a the cure might be I think the disease is much worse.

.....and the following verses of Scripture also come to mind:
    Eph 5:11-13 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
    For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
    But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Reprove?

Reprove from Dictionnary.com:

1. to criticize or correct, esp. gently: to reprove a pupil for making a mistake.
    2. to disapprove of strongly; censure: to reprove a bad decision.
    3. Obsolete. to disprove or refute.
    –verb (used without object) 4. to speak in reproof; administer a reproof.

To voice or convey disapproval of; rebuke. See Synonyms at admonish.
    To find fault with.

—Synonyms 1. scold, reprimand, upbraid, chide, reprehend, admonish. See reproach.
    —Antonyms 1. praise

......could I gently remind you that MY position is that that fleshy works (of either sin or virtue) will NOT save or condemn anybody.......because the saved are OSAS and the unsaved are.......er.. UNSAVED!!!!:D

I think I pointed out clearly enough in my other response that the OSAS is a false doctrine. We are only Always Saved when we make it home. We have to make it there first though. It is like a man running a 100m sprint race. He is not awarded the status of having finished the race until he crosses the line. He could run 99% of the way and fall inches from the line and the guy behind him would pinch the prize. All analogies break down but you get my drift I think.

......could I gently point out that saying 'I do' once to my wife DID pass muster with God as a binding life-long commitment between myself and her......
    ......so why shouldn't saying 'I believe on You' once ALSO pass muster with God as a binding eternal commitment between myself and Jesus Christ????:confused:

You’re vows are valid to you wife but imagine how she would feel if you never expressed another thing to her or vice versa until death did you part? She needs to know time and again that you love her. Plus people do renew their vows in marriage. And it is also possible to be married to somebody who you don’t love anymore or who you actually hate. It happens all the time. You start out loving them and committing to them and then after a few years you fall out of love with them for whatever reason or they fall out of love with you and although you are still legally married your marriage is meaningless because the love is gone. God hates divorce but He’d rather that than a bad marriage. Commitment to God is the same. Yesterday’s faith will be of no benefit to you in eternity if you lose faith it today. We must re-commit ourselves to God daily. The once saved always saved doctrine is what is wrong in the Church. It has become a vehicle of pride. Nobody has a right to say that they are saved until they are actually saved out of this world. Once you are still here it is possible to fall away and the only thing that can stop that from happening is daily faith action on God’s promises which puts His power in you, and once you are doing that you can safely say that you are “being” saved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

Not sure.
    OSas is the number One Doctrine of Devils to Undermine the Fear of God, Jesus said you MUST be born again. MUST. and no doubt about it!!!
    Thank God I've been baptized then!

Another verse which refutes the devilish doctrine of OSAS:
    2 Peter 1:10 Brothers you have been called and chosen: work all the harder to justify it by good deeds. If you do all these things there is no danger that you will ever fall away. In this way you will be granted admittance into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

Not sure.
    kelly1 wrote: »
    Thank God I've been baptized then!

Another verse which refutes the devilish doctrine of OSAS:
    If it is the unbiblical practice of infant sprinkling you are referring to, im afraid that process only gets your head wet, you have been deceived like billions of others!!!!! Head sprinkling babies is not of God.

If you want to be serious about baptism I would reccommend you follow scripture and get baptised by full immersion only after you have consciously made a confession of accepting Christ as your saviour.

The Greek word for "baptize" in the New Testament is "baptizo" (bap-tid-zo). This means to make whelmed or to submerge, i.e. "fully wet;" technique of the ordinance of Christian baptism; to immerse or dip under water.

Jesus was baptized fully wet. The disciples were baptized fully wet. It is safe to say, if you have not been baptized by full immersion you have not been baptized at all. You have not been baptized by the technique of the ordinance of Christian baptism. In baptism, we are identifying with Christ’s death and resurrection.

Not sure.
    If it is the unbiblical practice of infant sprinkling you are referring to, im afraid that process only gets your head wet, you have been deceived like billions of others!!!!!

If you want to be serious about baptism I would reccommend you follow scripture and get baptised by full immersion.

The Greek word for "baptize" in the New Testament is "baptizo" (bap-tid-zo). This means to make whelmed or to submerge, i.e. "fully wet;" technique of the ordinance of Christian baptism; to immerse or dip under water.

Jesus was baptized fully wet. The disciples were baptized fully wet. It is safe to say, if you have not been baptized by full immersion you have not been baptized at all. You have not been baptized by the technique of the ordinance of Christian baptism. In baptism, we are identifying with Christ’s death and resurrection.
    Now you have me really scared! Not. Did Christ or the apostles specify full immersion? No. Baptism by pouring of water has been a tradition in the Church since about 70AD (see the Didache). Are you telling me that every person who had been baptized by pouring or sprinkling water from the early days of the Church up to the present is not in fact baptized at all? We are baptized by water and the Holy Spirit. The amount of water doesn't matter. It is the action of the Holy Spirit in the soul that matters.

Not sure.
    Now you have me really scared! Not. Did Christ or the apostles specify full immersion? No. Baptism by pouring of water has been a tradition in the Church since about 70AD (see the Didache). Are you telling me that every person who had been baptized by pouring or sprinkling water from the early days of the Church up to the present is not in fact baptized at all? We are baptized by water and the Holy Spirit. The amount of water doesn't matter. It is the action of the Holy Spirit in the soul that matters.
    Maybe a tradition of the Roman Catholic Church but certainly not the early Christian Church. Sprinkling babies began as a docterine of the Catholic Church in 370 AD approximately 300 years after the book of acts was written which specifies full immersion.

Mt 3:5-6-THEN WENT OUT TO HIM JERUSALEM, AND ALL JUDEA,...AND WERE BAPTIZED OF HIM IN JORDAN, CONFESSING THEIR SINS. Note, baptized in the Jordan, not sprinkled from a basin of water with a spoon!!:eek:.

Mt 3:16-17-AND JESUS, WHEN HE WAS BAPTIZED, WENT UP STRAIGHTWAY OUT OF THE WATER:...AND LO A VOICE FROM HEAVEN, SAYING, THIS IS MY BELOVED SON, IN WHOM I AM WELL PLEASED. Jesus was baptized in the Jordan and came up out of the water.

Every time water baptism was done in the New Testament, it was done by immersion. There is no other biblical way. Infant sprinkling baptism only gets you baptised into the Roman Catholic Religion.

Not sure.
    Maybe a tradition of the Roman Catholic Church but certainly not the early Christian Church. Sprinkling babies began as a docterine of the Catholic Church in 370 AD approximately 300 years after the book of acts was written which specifies full immersion.
    OK, lets assume that what you say is true. Hundreds/thousands of billions of people have been baptized since 370AD up to the time of the Reformation (and afterwards). Are you seriously telling me that all these people weren't truly baptized?

Anyway baptism by pouring of water is a tradition and not a doctrine.

Not sure.
    OK, lets assume that what you say is true. Hundreds/thousands of billions of people have been baptized since 370AD up to the time of the Reformation (and afterwards). Are you seriously telling me that all these people weren't truly baptized?

Anyway baptism by pouring of water is a tradition and not a doctrine.
    I fully agree, it is a tradition, remember what Christ said about tradition???

"He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me. Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition." -Mark 7:6-9

The Catholic religion is composed of traditions which are NOT based upon the Word of God. Infant sprinkling Baptism is just one example.

Not sure.
    2 Thes 2:14 Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle.

• Advertisement

Not sure.
    2 Thes 2:14 Therefore, brethren, stand fast; and hold the traditions which you have learned, whether by word, or by our epistle.
    But Infant sprinkling is not biblical and is only a tradition of the Roman Catholic Church which is just a religious institution run by ordinary men.

Other translations render it teachings, ordinances or deliverances. And its actually 2 Thes 2:15 and the context is the false teaching of the coming of the Lord not water baptism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,615 ✭✭✭✭J C

Those that believe "once saved always saved" is a false docterine.
    OSas is the number One Doctrine of Devils to Undermine the Fear of God,
    Jesus said you MUST be born again. MUST. and no doubt about it!!!

Many church folk, from the pulpit to the back door, who are living in all sorts of unrepentant sin and iniquity who say they are born again. I say are living proof of the dirty lie of OSAS. OSAS sells, thats why so many churches buy it!. Chances are you bought it too!! :)

1 John 2:3-4 And hereby WE do KNOW that we KNOW HIM, IF (IF, IF, IF) we KEEP HIS commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him.

You are confusing the ONCE OFF nature of Salvation .......with unsaved hypocrites who claim to be "saved" ....but whose openly sinful lives clearly denies their salvation!!!!:eek:

I have 'bought nothing' except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.......and could I clarify, lest there be ANY doubt ......that I DON'T live an openly sinful life.........and I DO keep the Commandments........
    .......but I equally don't deny that I am a sinner saved by Jesus Christ through NO merit on my part!!!

......look.....outwardly keeping the 10 Commandmnents is 'easy paesey'......for anybody indwelt by the Holy Spirit.......
    ......but we should never forget that we are ALL occupying inwardly SINFUL BODIES.......and THAT is how we will remain until we die and are granted glorious bodies by God...after the Rapture!!!!:eek::D

.......and the number one 'Doctrine of Devils' is the idea that Salvation is impossible/useless/time enough.......which is the LOGICAL conclusion from a denial of OSAS!!!!

They will be unable to discern Spirits and will be effectively unable to correctly interpret Scripture.....which is SPIRITUALLY discerned!!!

Not sure.
    You are confusing the ONCE OFF nature of Salvation .......with unsaved hypocrites who claim to be "saved" ....but whose openly sinful lives clearly denies their salvation!!!!:eek:.
    No I am not, I am referring to the once saved individuals that were once enlightened but still attend "church" just for the sake of being there.
    I have 'bought nothing' except Jesus Christ and Him crucified.......and could I clarify, lest there be ANY doubt ......that I DON'T live an openly sinful life.........and I DO keep the Commandments........
    .......but I equally don't deny that I am a sinner saved by Jesus Christ through NO merit on my part!!!:.
    I well believe you are saved and have held strong to your faith but the Bible says umpteen times and gives plenty of examples of those that will "fall away" and will suffer the consequences in hellfire.
    ......look.....outwardly keeping the 10 Commandmnents is 'easy paesey'......for anybody indwelt by the Holy Spirit.......
    ......but we should never forget that we are ALL occupying inwardly SINFUL BODIES.......and THAT is how we will remain until we die and are granted glorious bodies by God...after the Rapture!!!!:eek::D!!!:.
    Only to those that endure to the time of the "rapture" as you say. Those that have backslidden and have fallen away will have to face the great tribulation. Failing this they will end up burning in hell along with the rest of mankind that reject Christ.
    ..and the number one 'Doctrine of Devils' is the idea that Salvation is impossible/useless/time enough.......which is the LOGICAL conclusion from a denial of OSAS!!!! !!!:.
    Satan will do anything in his power to gain as many souls as possible, he will even go as far as to invent a counterfeit Christian religion and decieve approximitally 1.1 Billion souls.

For those like your self that have found the truth in the scriptures he will lie and try to make you believe you will always be saved even if you fall back and commit the most vilest of sins and die in that unrepentant state.

According to your logic if someone picks up a gospel tract off the street and gets "saved" from reading it they are guaranteed a ticket to Heaven. If so why bother read the Bible?,:confused:
    The process of salvation is only beginning at this stage and is up to that person to battle it to the very end by learning of Satans tricks which can only be found in scripture.

If your logic is true why is there so much in the bible that would be "irrelivant" to those like your self that claim to be "holier than thou" that think they can escape eternal damnation for the same sins that that those that were not enlightened committ. You might as well rip your bible apart and just keep the pages are suited as most of it would be totally irrevilant.

I believe the Initial call of salvation is only the beginning. Many evangilists fail on this one and end up sending their new converts to spiritual shipwreck by sending them back again to their apostate churches.

Soul Winner
    But your Christmas tree is a phallic symbol, it is not Christian and neither is Christmas for that matter. Christ was not born on the 25th of December so why do you celebrate it then? And if it is not Christ's birth you are celebrating then what is it and why the tree?

……so WHAT date WAS Jesus Christ born on then??

The Bible is SILENT about the date of Christ’s birth…..but the Gospels of Matthew and Luke go into significant detail on the conception and birth of Jesus Christ.

Lk 1:26 records the conception of Jesus Christ as “in the sixth month” or the Jewish month of Elui, which corresponds to the months of August/September.......
    On that basis, Jesus would have been born in May/June of the following year…..rather than 25th December or the 6th January.
    ......and I suppose the Skeptics and Atheists would level similar ‘Pagan Origins’ accusations IF Christians were to celebrate Christ's birth on 25th June, instead of 25th December!!!!

A similar controversy surrounds the observation of the Sabbath on Sunday……because the day that the Fourth Commandment commands us to keep holy was historically observed on Saturday!!!!

All mainstream Western Christian Churches have determined that the birth of Jesus Christ should be celebrated every year on 25th December (and the 6th January in the case of the Eastern Right Churches) and they have also determined that the Sabbath should be observed every seven days on a Sunday.

Please note that the Churches are NOT saying that the 25th December or the 6th January is the ANNIVERSARY of Jesus Christ's birth....they are merely the dates chosen to CELEBRATE the fact of His birth!!!

Could I point out that it is within the authority of individual churches to determine such matters, as no Biblical doctrines are infringed by them.
    I personally adhere to celebrating Christ’s birth on 25th December and I observe the Sabbath on Sunday.

You, of course, are free to celebrate Christmas arbitrarily during the months of May or June, if you so wish ……and if you also wish to observe the Sabbath every Monday….then so be it as well.
    However, you may find that your celebration/observation of these dates will be somewhat ‘lonely’ and without much fellowship from other Christians…..but don’t let that stop you!!!!:)

Originally Posted by J C
    ......perhaps you didn't realise what an Ank was when you chose it as your avator???

Soul Winner
    Perhaps, but that’s besides the point at this stage of the argument. You seem to be implying that I advocate the Ank as a pagan symbol to be worshipped. If so then where have I advocated the worship of the Ank as a pagan symbol more than you have of the Christmas tree? You think the Christmas tree is a decorative thing as do I of the Ank. What’s the difference?

I am not implying anything about your attitude towards the Ank.

I am simply drawing your attention to the fact thet the Ank is a Pagan SYMBOL …….
    ......and a Christmas tree is a decorated TREE……..

......so, the Ank is an occult symbol ......while the Christmas Tree is ..........a decoration!!!!:):eek:

Soul Winner
    The Christmas tree is a phallic symbol and has nothing to with the birth of Christ as does the Ank but the Christmas tree is ok but the Ank isn’t?

The (occult) Theosophy Dictionary defines an Ank as follows:-
    "Ank, Ankh (Egyptian) The symbol of life in ancient Egypt, represented as the tau-cross surmounted by a circle, and often called Crux Ansata. Usually placed in the hand of every representation of god or goddess; likewise in the hand of the initiant, and again on the mummy."

The Crux Ansata, by combining the masculine TAU with the feminine oval, exemplifies the principles of sexual generation ……..and is used by occultists to represent the sexual union of the male phallus with the female uterus.

According to Freud, phallic symbols are many and varied. They range from telegraph poles to microphones and pens……and possibly Christmas Trees......basically anything that is ‘long and vertical’.

Occultists however, are VERY SPECIFIC about what they deem to have phallic significance …..and their primary phallic symbol is the Obelisk.

...and the Ank is the occult symbol for the 'life giving' sex act…….

......so you are using an occult symbol for sex as your avatar!!!!:eek:

Originally Posted by Soul Winner
    Yes. I hate self righteous people especially self righteous Christians and if a statue of Baphomet is the only thing that will keep them out of my house then that's who I will erect.

Originally Posted by J C
    .....you ARE joking.....I assume!!!

Soul Winner
    No I am not joking. I hate self-righteous people. So does God.

..........AMAZING!!!!:eek:

......and BTW a statue of Baphomet will not necessarily put off Christians.......they have full powers to rebuke Satan in the name of Jesus Christ, wherever they find him lurking!!

Originally Posted by J C
    Could I gently point out that hatred should have no place in a Christian's heart........and especially NOT hatred towards fellow Christians

Soul Winner
    Hatred of the right things has a place though. God hates plenty of things.

For instance:

Deuteronomy 9:28
    …'Because the LORD was not able to take them into the land he had promised them, and because he hated them, he brought them out to put them to death in the desert.'

Proverbs 6:16
    There are six things the LORD hates, seven that are detestable to him:

Malachi 2:16
    "I hate divorce," says the LORD God of Israel, "and I hate a man's covering himself with violence as well as with his garment," says the LORD Almighty. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith.

Romans 9:13
    Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

Romans 12:9
    Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good.

Revelation 2:6
    But you have this in your favor: You hate the practices of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate.

David also hated people:

Psalm 31:6
    I hate those who cling to worthless idols; I trust in the LORD.

Hatred of people should have no place in a Christian's heart........and especially NOT hatred towards fellow Christians

Christians LOVE the sinner ……but HATE the sin……

Soul Winner
    If a self-righteous person were a so called fellow Christian then I would not be a Christian. A Christian is someone who follows Christ, puts their trust in Christ, is like Christ. What makes someone self-righteous is the fact that they trust in their own righteousness rather than God’s. This proves they are not my brothers. Some of these self-righteous ones call themselves Christians but they are not. They give lip service to God but worship the creature. They are false brethren. Read what kind and loving words Paul used here and what he wished the false brethren who came in unawares to the saints at Galatia compelling them to be circumcised would do:

Galatians 5:12
    As for those agitators, I wish they would go the whole way and emasculate themselves!

The KJV version of the above verse doesn't talk of emasculation!!!
    ....it talks of 'cutting off' the false brethern......and NOT castrating them!!!:eek:

.....anyway, WHY do you appear to determine whether or not you would become a Christian on the basis of how you perceive nominal Christians behaving………..surely your decision to become a Christian should ONLY be based on whether you believe that Jesus Christ can save you?????:confused:

……equally your criticism of OSAS puts you somewhat within the ‘self-righteous camp’ YOURSELF!!!
    ……you tell Saved Christians that they will be judged on how many unrepented/unconfessed sins they have at their death ……and they will thus only be saved by their degree of righteousness at their death.......while you appear to deny that the saved are un-righteous sinners that are saved from sin by Jesus Christ!!!!

…..you obviously don't believe in circumcision in accordance with Jewish Law……..but you DO seem to believe in the application of Law (rather than Grace) when it come to sin !!!!

Originally Posted by Soul Winner
    Yes. I hate self righteous people especially self righteous Christians and if a statue of Baphomet is the only thing that will keep them out of my house then that's who I will erect.

Originally Posted by J C
    ......sounds like the 'cure' could be significantly worse than the 'disease'!!

Soul Winner
    I disagree. As bad as the cure might be I think the disease is much worse.

AMAZING!!!!.:eek:

......you must REALLY dislike the self-righteous!!!!:eek:

Originally Posted by J C
    .....and the following verses of Scripture also come to mind:
    Eph 5:11-13 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
    For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
    But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.

Soul Winner
    Reprove?

Reprove from Dictionnary.com:

1. to criticize or correct, esp. gently: to reprove a pupil for making a mistake.
    2. to disapprove of strongly; censure: to reprove a bad decision.
    3. Obsolete. to disprove or refute.
    –verb (used without object) 4. to speak in reproof; administer a reproof.

To voice or convey disapproval of; rebuke. See Synonyms at admonish.
    To find fault with.

—Synonyms 1. scold, reprimand, upbraid, chide, reprehend, admonish. See reproach.
    —Antonyms 1. praise

……got it in one.......or was it three????!!!:confused::eek:

Originally Posted by J C
    ......could I gently remind you that MY position is that that fleshy works (of either sin or virtue) will NOT save or condemn anybody.......because the saved are OSAS and the unsaved are.......er.. UNSAVED!!!

Soul Winner
    I think I pointed out clearly enough in my other response that the OSAS is a false doctrine. We are only Always Saved when we make it home. We have to make it there first though. It is like a man running a 100m sprint race. He is not awarded the status of having finished the race until he crosses the line. He could run 99% of the way and fall inches from the line and the guy behind him would pinch the prize. All analogies break down but you get my drift I think.

………winning a 100 metre sprint requires MERIT, WORKS and EFFORT on our part…….

……..salvation is a FREE GIFT through God’s Grace…..and it therefore does NOT require any MERIT or WORKS and EFFORT on our part!!!!:cool:

.......living as Christian DOES require us to perform works and effort......to help OTHERS to come to Salvation!!!:D

Originally Posted by J C
    ......could I gently point out that saying 'I do' once to my wife DID pass muster with God as a binding life-long commitment between myself and her......
    ......so why shouldn't saying 'I believe on You' once ALSO pass muster with God as a binding eternal commitment between myself and Jesus Christ???

Soul Winner
    You’re vows are valid to you wife but imagine how she would feel if you never expressed another thing to her or vice versa until death did you part? She needs to know time and again that you love her. Plus people do renew their vows in marriage. And it is also possible to be married to somebody who you don’t love anymore or who you actually hate. It happens all the time. You start out loving them and committing to them and then after a few years you fall out of love with them for whatever reason or they fall out of love with you and although you are still legally married your marriage is meaningless because the love is gone.

Could I gently point out that God regards the marriage as valid…….whether or not the two people involved continue to do so!!!!

Yes, we sinful Humans may fall in and out of love……..but Jesus Christ is constant……..and the Saved remain ETERNALLY saved!!!!
    .......and the married remain married for life .......except in the case of adultery!!!!

Jesus highlights the ETERNAL difference between the Saved and the Unsaved in Jn 10:25-30.
    Jesus answered them, "I told you, and you do not believe. The works that I do in My Father's name, they bear witness of Me.
    But you do not believe, because you are not of My sheep, as I said to you.
    My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
    And I give them ETERNAL life, and they shall NEVER perish; neither shall ANYONE snatch them out of My hand.
    My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and NO ONE is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.
    I and My Father are one."

Soul Winner
    Commitment to God is the same. Yesterday’s faith will be of no benefit to you in eternity if you lose faith it today. We must re-commit ourselves to God daily. The once saved always saved doctrine is what is wrong in the Church. It has become a vehicle of pride. Nobody has a right to say that they are saved until they are actually saved out of this world. Once you are still here it is possible to fall away and the only thing that can stop that from happening is daily faith action on God’s promises which puts His power in you, and once you are doing that you can safely say that you are “being” saved.

The unsaved are both legally and spiritually dead in God’s sight…….because they have inherited legal and spiritual death from Adam and Eve.

There is ETERNAL life in Jesus Christ and it is freely given TO ALL WHO COME FOR IT.....and are saved!!

To quote from C S Spurgeon :-
    “There never was a man who came to Christ for eternal life, for legal life, for spiritual life, who had not already received it, in some sense, and it was manifested to him that he had received it soon after he came.
    Let us take one or two texts - "He is able to save to the uttermost them that come unto him." Every man who comes to Christ will find that Christ is able to save him—not able to save him a little, to deliver him from a little sin, to keep him from a little trial, to carry him a little way and then drop him—but able to save him to the uttermost extent of his sin, unto the uttermost length of his trials, the uttermost depths of his sorrows, unto the uttermost duration of his existence. Christ says to every one who comes to him, "Come, poor sinner, thou needst not ask whether I have power to save. I will not ask thee how far thou hast gone into sin; I am able to save thee to the uttermost." And there is no one on earth can go beyond God's "uttermost."
    Now another text: "Him that cometh to me, [mark the promises are nearly always to the coming ones] I will in no wise cast out." Every man that comes shall find the door of Christ's house opened—and the door of his heart too. Every man that comes—I say it in the broadest sense—shall find that Christ has mercy for him. The greatest absurdity in the world is to want to have a wider gospel than that recorded in Scripture. I preach that every man who believes shall be saved—that every man who comes shall find mercy.
    People ask me, "But suppose a man should come who was not chosen, would he be saved?" You go and suppose nonsense and I am not going to give you an answer. If a man is not chosen he will never come. When he does come it is a sure proof that he was chosen.
    Says one, "Suppose any one should go to Christ who had not been called of the Spirit." Stop, my brother, that is a supposition thou hast no right to make, for such a thing cannot happen; you only say it to entangle me, and you will not do that just yet. I say every man who comes to Christ shall be saved.
    I can say that as a Calvinist, or as a hyper-Calvinist, as plainly as you can say it. I have no narrower gospel than you have; only my gospel is on a solid foundation, whereas yours is built upon nothing but sand and rottenness. "Every man that cometh shall be saved, for no man cometh to me except the Father draw him."
    "But," says one, "suppose all the world should come, would Christ receive them?" Certainly, if all came; but then they won't come. I tell you all that come—aye, if they were as bad as devils, Christ would receive them; if they had all sin and filthiness running into their hearts as into a common sewer for the whole world, Christ would receive them.
    Another says, "I want to know about the rest of the people. May I go out and tell them—Jesus Christ died for every one of you? May I say—there is righteousness for everyone of you, there is life for every one of you?" No; you may not. You may say—there is life for every man that comes. But if you say there is life for one of those that do not believe, you utter a dangerous lie. If you tell them Jesus Christ was punished for their sins, and yet they will be lost, (after they come, and are saved) you tell a wilful falsehood.”

• Advertisement

Originally Posted by J C
    You are confusing the ONCE OFF nature of Salvation .......with unsaved hypocrites who claim to be "saved" ....but whose openly sinful lives clearly denies their salvation!!!.

Run to da hills
    No I am not, I am referring to the once saved individuals that were once enlightened but still attend "church" just for the sake of being there.

Obviously you are entitled to your opinion……but people, such as those described above, were probably NEVER saved!!!!:)

Originally Posted by J C
    .......but I equally don't deny that I am a sinner saved by Jesus Christ through NO merit on my part!!!:.

Run to da hills
    I well believe you are saved and have held strong to your faith but the Bible says umpteen times and gives plenty of examples of those that will "fall away" and will suffer the consequences in hellfire.

Such an idea is un-Biblical
    For example Jesus Himself said in Jn 27-30
    My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
    And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
    My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand.

…….and Heb 10:14-17 puts the issue (that the saved are saved forever) beyond all doubt:-
    For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified. Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
    This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;
    And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Originally Posted by J C
    ......but we should never forget that we are ALL occupying inwardly SINFUL BODIES.......and THAT is how we will remain until we die and are granted glorious bodies by God...after the Rapture!!!!!!:.

Run to da hills
    Only to those that endure to the time of the "rapture" as you say. Those that have backslidden and have fallen away will have to face the great tribulation. Failing this they will end up burning in hell along with the rest of mankind that reject Christ.

……and WHY do you believe that ANY of the Saved “will end up burning in hell along with the rest of mankind that reject Christ”……when they have NOT rejected Jesus Christ ….and the Saved have actually BELIEVED ON HIM?????:confused:

Originally Posted by J C
    ..and the number one 'Doctrine of Devils' is the idea that Salvation is impossible/useless/time enough.......which is the LOGICAL conclusion from a denial of OSAS!!!! !!

Run to da hills
    Satan will do anything in his power to gain as many souls as possible

Satan is indeed capable of almost anything……
    ……BUT the eternal destiny of the Saved is NO LONGER in the power of Satan…….they are under the protection of the hand of God and NO ONE, including Satan is able to snatch them out of it!!!!:)

......the 'tables are turned'.....and it is the Saved who have the power to rebuke Satan in the name of Jesus Christ!!!

Run to da hills
    ……..he (Satan) will even go as far as to invent a counterfeit Christian religion and decieve approximitally 1.1 Billion souls.

……there may be some ‘counterfeit Christians’…..but I can assure you they do not all belong to one denomination…….and there are ALSO many Saved Christians witnessing for Jesus Christ within EVERY Church!!!!:cool:

Run to da hills
    For those like your self that have found the truth in the scriptures he will lie and try to make you believe you will always be saved even if you fall back and commit the most vilest of sins and die in that unrepentant state.

The Saved may sin.........but they will always be acutely aware that they are sinning......the prompting of the Holy Spirit of God is far stronger that anything that Satan can come up with!!!:D

…….once again you are confusing Salvation with sin!!!!

……….so which would you like to be……..an un-righteous SAVED sinner….
    …….or and un-righteous UNSAVED sinner??????:confused:

Run to da hills
    According to your logic if someone picks up a gospel tract off the street and gets "saved" from reading it they are guaranteed a ticket to Heaven.

YES!!!:D

Run to da hills
    If so why bother read the Bible?,

You should do so because you love God and want to know Him better!!!!

Run to da hills
    The process of salvation is only beginning at this stage and is up to that person to battle it to the very end by learning of Satans tricks which can only be found in scripture.

There is NO “process of salvation”……it is instantaneous……the moment you believe on Jesus Christ to save you.....you ARE Saved!!!

'Satans tricks' will only work on the unsaved……….who are not indwelt with the Holy Spirit…..and therefore DON’T have spiritual discernment!!!!

Run to da hills
    If your logic is true why is there so much in the bible that would be "irrelivant" to those like your self that claim to be "holier than thou" that think they can escape eternal damnation for the same sins that that those that were not enlightened committ. You might as well rip your bible apart and just keep the pages are suited as most of it would be totally irrevilant.

HOW is somebody, like me, who claims to be an unworthy sinner saved by the blood of Jesus Christ through absolutely no merit on my part “holier than thou”……..wouldn’t “more sinful than thou” be a better descriptor of me????

......and WHICH parts of the Bible are irrelevant to the Saved?????

Run to da hills
    I believe the Initial call of salvation is only the beginning. Many evangilists fail on this one and end up sending their new converts to spiritual shipwreck by sending them back again to their apostate churches.

The call to salvation must be ANSWERED……if you are to be saved!!!

Saved Christians will have no difficulties in remaining saved.....as they have Jesus Christ as their guarantor!!!!!!:)

.....and here is an answer to the question "can a saved person become lost?"

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-t006.html

Not sure.
    OSAS.gif

I am at the point now where I find the OSAS teaching so repulsive that I cannot even listen to an OSAS preacher in a Church no matter what they are talking about.

Everything they say is tainted by this poisonous OSAS doctrine. Additionally, because they do not believe the Christian is in a Real Spiritual battle, they are more like game show hosts who are trying to keep their audience entertained rather than preaching the truth of Gods word.

Proof that OSAS is wrong from the Gospels
    http://www.geocities.com/1christlover/OSAS-Gospels.html
    Proof that OSAS is wrong from the book of James
    http://www.geocities.com/1christlover/OSAS-1Tim-James.html
    Proof that OSAS is wrong from Peter to Revelations.
    Corrections of the Misunderstandings of OSAS Scriptures
    http://www.geocities.com/1christlover/OSAS-Corrections.html
    The Way To Heaven, according to the Bible
    http://www.geocities.com/1christlover/

C341Pic16(72).gif

.....and here is an answer to the question "can a saved person become lost?"

http://www.christiananswers.net/q-acb/acb-t006.html

Tell me J C who is Jesus talking to when He says the following? The saved or the unsaved?

Matthew 5:13
    "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.”

If the saved are the salt of the earth and if it was impossible for them to loose their savour then why would Jesus even mention it? Surely this verse alone puts pay to the OSAS false doctrine? ;)

Not sure.
    Anyone who believes OSAS is seriously deluded. It's a fools paradise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,980 ✭✭✭wolfsbane

OSAS.gif

I am at the point now where I find the OSAS teaching so repulsive that I cannot even listen to an OSAS preacher in a Church no matter what they are talking about.

Everything they say is tainted by this poisonous OSAS doctrine. Additionally, because they do not believe the Christian is in a Real Spiritual battle, they are more like game show hosts who are trying to keep their audience entertained rather than preaching the truth of Gods word.

Proof that OSAS is wrong from the Gospels
    Proof that OSAS is wrong from the book of James
    http://www.geocities.com/1christlover/OSAS-1Tim-James.html
    Proof that OSAS is wrong from Peter to Revelations.
    Corrections of the Misunderstandings of OSAS Scriptures
    http://www.geocities.com/1christlover/OSAS-Corrections.html
    The Way To Heaven, according to the Bible
    http://www.geocities.com/1christlover/

C341Pic16(72).gif
    I can understand how you might think OSAS permits people to live like demons and still go to heaven. But the historic expression of the saints' eternal security is quoted here by your Satan cartoon: The Perseverance of the Saints.

This doctrine that teaches that all God's people will endure to the end, that those who fall into sin and stay there show that they never were true believers.

Do you really believe that encourgages ungodly living?

Not sure.
    wolfsbane wrote: »
    I can understand how you might think OSAS permits people to live like demons and still go to heaven. But the historic expression of the saints' eternal security is quoted here by your Satan cartoon: The Perseverance of the Saints.

This doctrine that teaches that all God's people will endure to the end, that those who fall into sin and stay there show that they never were true believers.

Do you really believe that encourgages ungodly living?
    "The Perseverance of the Saints" is just the Calvanist term for the same docterine as OSAS. and comes from the "P" part of their "T.U.L.I.P". docterines and again It dose not hold any water in scripture.

perseverence of the saints. "Those people God chooses cannot lose their salvation; they will continue to believe. If they fall away, it will be only for a time".

Run_to_da_hills said:
    perseverence of the saints. "Those people God chooses cannot lose their salvation; they will continue to believe. If they fall away, it will be only for a time".
    EXACTLY! No living like a demon and going to heaven anyway. Sin, repentance; or Sin, refusal to repent, chastisement, repentance.

Where is the licence to sin here?

Are you unsaved after every sin? If not, when do you become unsaved? Is God not able to keep you? Does the New Covenant not promise we will be unlike those who make and break God's covenant?

Tell me J C who is Jesus talking to when He says the following? The saved or the unsaved?

Matthew 5:13
    "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men.”

If the saved are the salt of the earth and if it was impossible for them to loose their savour then why would Jesus even mention it? Surely this verse alone puts pay to the OSAS false doctrine? ;)

The saved are the SPECIAL 'salt of the earth'......with cleansing and flavour properties similar to salt...........BUT they are much better than ORDINARY salt......which can be adulterated......and is then useless and only fit to be trodden under the feet of men!!!

........BTW, as a Christian, I reject everything which Satan says ........including his twisted lie that OSAS is his doctrine!!!!!

......and I reject and I rebuke in the name of Jesus Christ all cartoons, which attribute the eternal security of the Saved to Satan.........when it is Jesus Christ who says in Mt 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.........or ETERNAL SECURITY!!!!:eek:

C341Pic16(72).gif

OK ......so WHAT have we here then????

........Satan boasting that he will 'recapture' sinners who have BELIEVED ON JESUS CHRIST to save them........

..........I wonder which part does Satan not understand????.......

.......is it the part about the sinners BELIEVING ON Jesus Christ......
    .......or is it the part about Jesus Christ BEING FULLY ABLE to save them?????:confused:

Satan is still just as deluded as when he asked Jesus Christ to adore him!!!!!:eek:

Salt is salt in this contect, Are you stating that there is two types of salt :confused: ie Some Christians are "Marks & Spensors" salt while other the "unsaved Christians" are Yellowpack salt :confused:

Jesus most certainly IS referring to two types of 'salt'.......the unadulterable Christian METAPHORICAL 'salt of the earth'.....which cleanses and makes it's SPIRITUAL presence felt on Earth, even where the number of Christians is very small..........and literal physical salt........which can be adulterated and becomes PERMANENTLY an IRREDEEMABLY useless as a result.
    Jesus said: "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men".

Jesus is here giving us a contrasting view of the man of God with Christ in him, and the man who has fallen away from God (Ie the once saved), and has no virtue. Note that if the salt have no savor, it is good for nothing. For it is the savor which is the goodness!

Jesus is contrasting the Saved with ordinary salt which can be adulterated to the point where it become useless.......and it then can NEVER be restored to utility and must be thrown out!!!!
    The savor signifies the good or righteousness. In this verse we are warned not so much of our duty to salt the world, but to see that our salt is genuine, having a real flavor. In other words, we make our calling and Election sure! The previous verses (matt. 5:11-12) set the context of Christians being reviled, persecuted, and having all manner of evil spoken against them, and it is in this context that in verses 13 and 14 we are warned not to lose our saltiness. Context is important!

Of course a Christian must be genuinely saved.......and not a 'wolf in sheep's clothing'.........
    .......but the important message of the verse about the Christian 'salt of the earth' is that it always retains it's savor.......while ordinary salt is subject to adulteration......which CANNOT BE REMEDIED.....and the adulterated salt MUST be then thrown out as useless!!!! :)

Not sure.
    The saved are the SPECIAL 'salt of the earth'......with cleansing and flavour properties similar to salt...........BUT they are much better than ORDINARY salt......which can be adulterated......and is then useless and only fit to be trodden under the feet of men!!!

........BTW, as a Christian, I reject everything which Satan says ........including his twisted lie that OSAS is his doctrine!!!!!

......and I reject and I rebuke in the name of Jesus Christ all cartoons, which attribute the eternal security of the Saved to Satan.........when it is Jesus Christ who says in Mt 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.........or ETERNAL SECURITY!!!!:eek:
    Salt is salt in this contect, Are you stating that there is two types of salt :confused: ie Some Christians are "Marks & Spensors" salt while other the "unsaved Christians" are Yellowpack salt :confused:

Jesus said: "Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men".

Jesus is here giving us a contrasting view of the man of God with Christ in him, and the man who has fallen away from God (Ie the once saved), and has no virtue. Note that if the salt have no savor, it is good for nothing. For it is the savor which is the goodness!

The savor signifies the good or righteousness. In this verse we are warned not so much of our duty to salt the world, but to see that our salt is genuine, having a real flavor. In other words, we make our calling and Election sure! The previous verses (matt. 5:11-12) set the context of Christians being reviled, persecuted, and having all manner of evil spoken against them, and it is in this context that in verses 13 and 14 we are warned not to lose our saltiness. Context is important!

OSAS Get out of Jail card.
    ccjail.jpg
    C341Pic16(72).gif

........Satan boasting that he will 'recapture' sinners who have BELIEVED ON JESUS CHRIST to save them........
    No we have Satan capturing those that were once enlightened by the Holy Spirit but were deceived by the the lie of OSAS and fell back into sin and died in that state of unrepentant sin.

OSAS Get out of Jail card.
    ccjail.jpg

This 'card' is actually closer to the non-OSAS position ........wherby it is (erroneously) believed that we can get ourselves out of the 'sin bin' by repenting/confessing our sins.......without ever having been saved by Jesus Christ!!!!!

Eph 2:8-9 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    Not of works, lest any man should boast

The saved are released from spiritual 'Jail'........when they are saved......and the unsaved remain in spiritual 'Jail' .........no matter how often they repent of their evil deeds!!!!!

Being saved is like an amnesty......and remaining unsaved is like rejecting parole........when you could get it if you just asked for it!!!!!:D

C341Pic16(72).gif

No we have Satan capturing those that were once enlightened by the Holy Spirit but were deceived by the the lie of OSAS and fell back into sin and died in that state of unrepentant sin.

.........as I have already asked .....which part does Satan not understand, when he boasts that he will 'recapture' sinners who have BELIEVED ON JESUS CHRIST to save them????.......

.......is it the part about the sinners BELIEVING ON Jesus Christ......
    .......or is it the part about Jesus Christ BEING FULLY ABLE to save them?????:confused:

Anyone who believes OSAS is seriously deluded. It's a fools paradise.

........well then there are a good many seriously deluded 'fools' in Paradise...........and plenty of 'wise' men in Hades, awaiting Judgement!!!!!

.......the repentent thief beside Jesus on the cross, 'foolishly' believed on Jesus to save him......while the other 'wise guy' scoffed at them both........

........and Jesus told the 'foolish' thief that he would be with Him in Paradise .........please also note that there were no conditions attached by Jesus.......and no long list of repented/confessed sins, on the part of the thief...........and no warnings that Satan might 'capture' the thief before he died IF he didn't continue to persevere right up to the point of death........!!!!!

The thief had eternal security from the moment he believed on Jesus to save him.......and Jesus confirmed this fact by saying in Lk 23:43 "Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise".!!!!!!

'Twas a good thing that RTDH wasn't there......or he would be running around warning the thief to 'hold out' despite all his pain until the very end........and warning him that Satan would 'have him' if he allowed himself a few 'expletives' when the soldiers broke his legs in order to hasten his death!!!!!:eek: :D

• Advertisement

Not sure.
    :confused:" alt=".as I have already asked .....which part does Satan not understand????....is it the part about the sinners BELIEVING ON Jesus Christ..or is it the part about Jesus Christ BEING FULLY ABLE to save them?????:confused:" />
    Billy Graham also holds to the same beliefs as yourself. He said, “When we do sin, God does not reject us or disown us. Our fellowship with Him may be broken, but our relationship is not; we are still members of His family if we have truly committed our lives to Christ.” He also said, “I am convinced that once a person sincerely and honestly trusts Christ for his or her salvation, they become a member of God's family forever -- and nothing can change that relationship.”

Today, thousands of people believe this teaching because that is what they have been told by their denominational leaders and they believe it without questioning it or studying their Bibles.

But does the Bible teach such? NO

The main argument of those who believe the doctrine of OSAS is that God promised security to the believer and don't get me wrong God has promised security to the believer but there is a condition...You must follow him!.

John 10:27-29 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.”

Romans 8:38-39 “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

The Bible does teach security for the believer, but it is conditional.

Jesus says that the security he provides is for those who “hear my voice” and “follow me

The security of remaining in the love of God is comfort against all external threats.

These passages, however, don't discuss what happens if an individual chooses to wander from the fold, or to leave the love of God.

That is not to say that the believer has no security at all.

1 John 1:7 says, “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

1 John 2:1 teaches, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:”

The believer has assurance of salvation if he repents and confesses his sins to God.

Why is this doctrine wrong?

The scriptures teach the opposite in several places.

Consider Galatians 5:3-4 says, “For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.

Consider also Hebrews 6:4-6 which says, “For as touching those who were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the age to come, and then fell away, it is impossible to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame

The main argument of those who believe the doctrine of OSAS is that God promised security to the believer and don't get me wrong God has promised security to the believer but there is a condition...You must follow him!.

........and the Saved WILL follow Him!!!!!

......and ARE therefore OSAS!!!!
    John 10:27-29 “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand. My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father’s hand.”

Romans 8:38-39 “For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

The Bible does teach security for the believer, but it is conditional.

.......making progress!!!!

........so you believe that the Bible does teach security for the believer!!!!

.......so we only differ on the 'conditional' bit..........so why would Jesus save a murderer ..........and later condem the man for thinking lustful thoughts about a woman who flirted with him????:confused::confused:

Jesus says that the security he provides is for those who “hear my voice” and “follow me

The security of remaining in the love of God is comfort against all external threats.

These passages, however, don't discuss what happens if an individual chooses to wander from the fold, or to leave the love of God.

....and there is a good reason why these passages don't discuss what happens if an individual chooses to wander from the fold, or to leave the love of God.......because they WON'T do so .......as they are OSAS!!!:D
    That is not to say that the believer has no security at all.

.......so he is a 'little bit saved'..........something like a 'little pit pregnant'....perhaps?????

1 John 1:7 says, “But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.”

1 John 1:9 says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”

1 John 2:1 teaches, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:”

The believer has assurance of salvation if he repents and confesses his sins to God.
    ......or does the believer repent and confess his sins because he is ever grateful to God for assuring him of salvation ?????

Why is this doctrine wrong?

The scriptures teach the opposite in several places.

Consider Galatians 5:3-4 says, “For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law. "

......good job I'm not circumcised then!!!:eek:
    Consider also Hebrews 6:4-6 which says, “For as touching those who were once enlightened and tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Spirit, and tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the age to come, and then fell away, it is impossible to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame

.......please re-read those TERRIBLY FINAL words "it is impossible to renew them again unto repentance" .......which means that anybody who is unsaved and who hardens their heart against God, having been fully enlightened by the Holy Spirit.......will NEVER be saved!!!!

Not sure.
    .and the Saved WILL follow Him!!!!!
    and ARE therefore OSAS!!!!!!!!
    If the saved REFUSE to follow him they are cast out as unprofitable servents. And dont tell me they were never saved to begin with If so you may also as well take the Parable of the sewer as a fairy tail. This is one of the reasons I cannot stand listening to an airy fairy OSAS preacher that cannot grasp and preach the reality of the Gospel that your salvation is conditional
    so you believe that the Bible does teach security for the believer!!!
    The Bible does teach security for the believer ONLY TO THOSE THAT ENDURE TO THE END. You are trying to put words into my mouth.
    ...so we only differ on the 'conditional' bit..........so why would Jesus save a murderer ..........and later condem the man for thinking lustful thoughts about a woman who flirted with him????:confused::confused:!!!!!!!!
    You still cannot differenciate between someone who is still committed to following Christ and has sinned and and the person who has deliberately rejected his call to follow Christ and turned his back on him. You cannot see any difference in this at all.

Read the Following: God will FORGET all the good work that someone has done if he turns his back on him.

"But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity,and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die". Ezekiel 18 25

How more clearer to it can you get than that.

If the saved REFUSE to follow him they are cast out as unprofitable servents. And dont tell me they were never saved to begin with If so you may also as well take the Parable of the sewer as a fairy tail. This is one of the reasons I cannot stand listening to an airy fairy OSAS preacher that cannot grasp and preach the reality of the Gospel that your salvation is conditional
    The Bible does teach security for the believer ONLY TO THOSE THAT ENDURE TO THE END. You are trying to put words into my mouth.You still cannot differenciate between someone who is still committed to following Christ and has sinned and and the person who has deliberately rejected his call to follow Christ and turned his back on him. You cannot see any difference in this at all.

Read the Following: God will FORGET all the good work that someone has done if he turns his back on him.

"But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity,and doeth according to all the abominations that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall he die". Ezekiel 18 25

How more clearer to it can you get than that.

It is very clear........for OT people under LAW.........BUT it doesn't apply to saved people under Grace!!!!:)

You still cannot differenciate between someone who is still committed to following Christ and has sinned and and the person who has deliberately rejected his call to follow Christ and turned his back on him. You cannot see any difference in this at all.

Of course I see the difference........

....."someone who is committed to following Christ and has sinned" .......is saved and remains saved!!!

....."the person who has deliberately rejected his call to follow Christ and turned his back on him" .......is either simply unsaved .......or else he is damned (if he has done so having hardened his heart after full illumination by the Holy Spirit)!!!!

Not sure.
    It is very clear........for OT people under LAW.........BUT it doesn't apply to saved people under Grace!!!!:)
    There is a section of the Christian community that could well be called "The Past Doesn't Count" It is dedicated to all rationalizers, defenders, justifiers and deniers. It can also apply very well for those elders who glide on the slippery back of past credentials. Those white shoes of yesterday are still put on feet of clay today. We took them for granted, and they took God's love for granted something the heresy of Unconditional Love and OSAS tries to get us all to do.

Well, it's Fool's Gold a mirage the product of wishful-thinking, in the same category with Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy When you attribute "unconditional salvation" to God Almighty, it is Blasphemy, "damnable heresy", says 2 Peter 2: 1."changing the truth of God into a lie" (Romans 1:25).

"For it is IMPOSSIBLE for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift (Born-again) and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come IF THEY SHALL FALL AWAY COLOR="Red"]it will be impossible[/COLOR to renew them again unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame." Hebrews 6:4-6

There is a section of the Christian community that could well be called "The Past Doesn't Count"

......"The Past Doesn't Count" for the ENTIRE Christian Church ......because we are saved from ALL of our past sins by Jesus Christ.......and thus the past doesn't count........and boy are we lucky that it DOESN'T count .......for otherwise, we would all be utterly lost!!!!!:D:)

It is dedicated to all rationalizers, defenders, justifiers and deniers. It can also apply very well for those elders who glide on the slippery back of past credentials. Those white shoes of yesterday are still put on feet of clay today.

The only justifier of Mankind before God is Jesus Christ and Him crucified.......and He can only justify those who believe on Him and are saved!!!:D

We took them for granted, and they took God's love for granted something the heresy of Unconditional Love and OSAS tries to get us all to do.
    Jesus Christ DOES HAVE unconditional love for all sinners ......and that is why He died that we might live......greater love hat no man than to lay down his life for his friends!!!!

.....look at how tenderly Jesus dealt with repentent sinners in the Bible....

......and all we have to do to avail of this unconditional love is to repent and believe on Jesus Christ to save us!!!!
    Well, it's Fool's Gold a mirage the product of wishful-thinking, in the same category with Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy When you attribute "unconditional salvation" to God Almighty, it is Blasphemy, "damnable heresy", says 2 Peter 2: 1."changing the truth of God into a lie" (Romans 1:25).

WHO is attributing 'unconditional salvation' to God????
    .....Salvation is conditional on repenting and believing on Jesus Christ.......which may seem like a 'small' thing........but believe you me I have seen peoiple absolutely refuse to do so.......even some people on their deathbeds!!!!!:eek:

"For it is IMPOSSIBLE for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift (Born-again) and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, and have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come IF THEY SHALL FALL AWAY COLOR="Red"]it will be impossible[/COLOR to renew them again unto repentance, seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put Him to an open shame." Hebrews 6:4-6

What does the word 'IMPOSSIBLE' mean????
    ......this passage of Scripture confirms the terrible reality that there ARE some people alive today who are ALREADY damned for all eternity!!!!
    ....and they are the people who were once enlightened by the Holy Spirit and the Word of God to the FULL reality of Salvation......but who then 'fell away' by REFUSING to be saved!!!!

Their hearts are so hardened that "it will be impossible to renew them again unto repentance"......and so they WILL remain unsaved for ETERNITY!!!!

Many of the Damned are 'good' people, as the World sees them.....and unsaved murderers who have not refused salvation after full enlightenment by The Holy Spirit can still be saved....
    ........and that is one of the most heart-breaking realities of free will.......for both God and Man!!!!

Not sure.
    ......"The Past Doesn't Count" for the ENTIRE Christian Church ......because we are saved from ALL of our past sins by Jesus Christ.......and thus the past doesn't count........and boy are we lucky that it DOESN'T count .......for otherwise, we would all be utterly lost!!!!!:D:)
    Do you reject the 10 Commandments because they belong to the law?

Do you reject the 10 Commandments because they belong to the law?

I don't reject the 10 Commandments......and I try to live by them as a good way to live my life.......but I don't always succeed!!!!

For example, Jesus said that if you looked lustfully at a woman you break the Seventh Commandment.....and I must admit that I have done so!!!!

Luckily, I am NOT bound by the LAW of the 10 Commandments ......because, as a Saved Christian I am under God's Grace.....and my sins are forgiven by Jesus Christ!!!!

I know that this may be very uncomfortable for a legalist........but the alternative of full subjection to the Law .......with every sin fully punished, would result in Eternal Damnation for ALL sinners.....i.e. EVERYBODY!!!!:eek::):D

Jesus made the once off perfect atonement for ALL sin.........and as a Saved Christian, I am priveliged to avail of this atonement as an unworthy sinner deserving of God's punishment......but receiving God's Merciful Grace instead!!!:D

• Advertisement

Not sure.
    I don't reject the 10 Commandments......and I try to live by them as a good way to live my life..
    If you accept the 10 Commandments then why do you reject Ezekiel 18 25 as "old hat" from the old testiment. Jesus said when tempted by the devil on the mount "But he answered and said, it is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. I would be slow to dismiss the following.

Run_to_da_hills said:
    Perseverance of the Saints teaches the same.

Jesus says that the security he provides is for those who “hear my voice” and “follow me”
    Exactly. But note what it says about His sheep. They follow Him; not, follow Him for a time. They never perish; not, sometimes perish.
    Indeed they don't, for the true believer cannot leave the fold or the love of God. If they sin, He chastises them and causes them to repent.

Remember the terms of the New Covenant: it is unconditional and cannot be broken.

Remember how God dealt with sinning saints in Corinth: sickness, and even death. Were they damned? Not at all, for the Holy Spirit gives us the reason for this chastisement:
    1 Corinthians 11:32 But when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world.

He also says:
    1 John 3:9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. 19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one.

This is the practice of sin, rather than isolated incidents. The true believer falls into sin occasionally, but never returns to sin as a dog returns to its vomit. Those who so return prove they were bogus to begin with - like Judas, who was a thief all the time he professed faith.
    What do you believe this passage teaches? A true believer can fall away and perish?

If so, you must also believe that any true believer who falls away never can come back. Do you believe that?

You seem to say elsewhere that they can repent and be restored.:confused:

Not sure.
    Exactly. But note what it says about His sheep. They follow Him; not, follow Him for a time. They never perish; not, sometimes perish. Indeed they don't, for the true believer cannot leave the fold or the love of God. If they sin, He chastises them and causes them to repent. Remember the terms of the New Covenant: it is unconditional and cannot be broken.
    Depends on the Christian, if he is a backslider and falls away from his faith, God will do everything in his [power to try and put that person back on track through repentance BUT GOD CANNOT FORCE ANYONE TO TURN BACK. IF THAT PERSON REFUSES TO REPENT AND DIES HE WILL BE DANMED!! END OF STORY> For the wages of sin is death Romans 6 vs 23.
    What do you believe this passage teaches? A true believer can fall away and perish?
    Absolutly. The parable of the vine testifies this.

I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing. If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned. John 15:1-27(KJV)
    If so, you must also believe that any true believer who falls away never can come back. Do you believe that? You seem to say elsewhere that they can repent and be restored.:confused:
    Throughout Scripture especially in the four Gospels there are parables dealing with Repentant sinners ie. those that "saw the light", ie. "born again", "saved" that have strayed away fron the truth and have genuinely repented and have come back to it ie both the parable of the lost coin and prodogal son.

Also Scripture there are parables of those that "saw the light", ie. "born again", "saved" that have strayed away fron the truth and NEVER came back or repented and have DIED in their sin and subsiquently ended up burning in eternal hell such as the parable of the unprofitable servant. Unfortunitally those that follow your religion, i.e. OSAS like to dismiss all these parables altogether and say they only concern the unsaved.

Run_to_da_hills said:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wolfsbane
    Exactly. But note what it says about His sheep. They follow Him; not, follow Him for a time. They never perish; not, sometimes perish. Indeed they don't, for the true believer cannot leave the fold or the love of God. If they sin, He chastises them and causes them to repent. Remember the terms of the New Covenant: it is unconditional and cannot be broken.

Depends on the Christian, if he is a backslider and falls away from his faith, God will do everything in his [power to try and put that person back on track through repentance BUT GOD CANNOT FORCE ANYONE TO TURN BACK. IF THAT PERSON REFUSES TO REPENT AND DIES HE WILL BE DANMED!! END OF STORY> For the wages of sin is death Romans 6 vs 23.
    You are inserting human thinking here, Bro. Note the terms of the New Covenant: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. No ifs or maybes.

That belonged to the 'free-will' Old Covenant - do this and live; don't do it and die. The Law proved to all that man is incapable of living a holy life, no matter how much instruction and encouragement he has from God. Man's heart is totally depraved, not one part of it uncontaminated by sin. It is a rebel heart and cannot submit to God.

The New Covenant promise is that God will change that vile heart. Change it so that it will never reject Him. That promise to the nation of Israel has come to the Gentiles also. All who enter that covenant will follow Him, and will never perish.
    Quote:

Absolutly. The parable of the vine testifies this.
    No, it doesn't. It speaks of all who profess Christ, not all who possess Him. That reconciles with the other Scriptures that teach that the believer will persevere to the end. Otherwise the Scripture contradicts itself.

Quote:
    If so, you must also believe that any true believer who falls away never can come back. Do you believe that? You seem to say elsewhere that they can repent and be restored.

It can be quite difficult for a believer to come back . A repentand sinner is explained in both the parable of the lost coin and prodogal son.
    Difficult??? If those texts speak, as you allege, of a true believer falling away then it is IMPOSSIBLE for them to return.

That what the text says:
    Hebrews 6:4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted the heavenly gift, and have become partakers of the Holy Spirit, 5 and have tasted the good word of God and the powers of the age to come, 6 if they fall away, to renew them again to repentance, since they crucify again for themselves the Son of God, and put Him to an open shame.

Run_to_da_hills said:
    Throughout Scripture especially in the four Gospels there are parables dealing with Repentant sinners ie. those that "saw the light", ie. "born again", "saved" that have strayed away fron the truth and have genuinely repented and have come back to it ie both the parable of the lost coin and prodogal son.

Also Scripture there are parables of those that "saw the light", ie. "born again", "saved" that have strayed away fron the truth and NEVER came back or repented and have DIED in their sin and subsiquently ended up burning in eternal hell such as the parable of the unprofitable servant. Unfortunitally those that follow your religion, i.e. OSAS like to dismiss all these parables altogether and say they only concern the unsaved.
    Yes, they only speak of the unsaved. The former are born lost but are then found by God - The sense in which they were once His is that of Him being their Creator. They were lost in Adam.

The latter - those who profess faith but fall away and perish are those whom Christ never knew. Their profession was empty.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. 22 Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’

If these parables speak of truly saved people becoming unsaved again, then they contradict all the other texts that teach they will persevere to the end.

Not sure.
    Run_to_da_hills said:

Yes, they only speak of the unsaved. .
    I was expecting that answer.which makes those three parables out to be NONSENSE .
    Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’.

No there is no contradicrtion what so ever. Many saved will endure to the end and many "saved" will fall away from grace and be danmed as simple as that. :)

Jesus is clearly preaching about those that were saved and went out preaching with the wrong motive. They may have thought that they were doing God a favour but will be turned away and damned on Judgement day. Such will be many of these greedy Gospel prerachers and television evangelists. This is also discussed Romans 16 vs 17.18 "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple". Romans 16 vs 17,18
    If these parables speak of truly saved people becoming unsaved again, then they contradict all the other texts that teach they will persevere to the end.
    These parables preach of "falling away from grace" a choice made by man and not god. a person makes the choice to follow Christ or not. Jesus preaches more about Hell than Heaven in the Bible. A book which you dismiss as important because you have this "Get out of Jail card" in your back pocket. A card which gives you amnesty to all your actions of the future no matter how bad they get. I certainly dont buy that.

• Advertisement

Jesus is clearly preaching about those that were saved and went out preaching with the wrong motive. They may have thought that they were doing God a favour but will be turned away and damned on Judgement day. Such will be many of these greedy Gospel prerachers and television evangelists. This is also discussed Romans 16 vs 17.18 "Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple". Romans 16 vs 17,18

Jesus is warning Saved Christians of 'wolves in sheeps clothing'.........or Nominal Christians.....who have never been Saved!!!!!:)
    These parables preach of "falling away from grace" a choice made by man and not god. a person makes the choice to follow Christ or not. Jesus preaches more about Hell than Heaven in the Bible. A book which you dismiss as important because you have this "Get out of Jail card" in your back pocket. A card which gives you amnesty to all your actions of the future no matter how bad they get. I certainly dont buy that.

The Word of God is addressed to BOTH the Saved and the Unsaved!!!!

......and could I gently remind you that Jesus Christ Himself, is every Saved Christians 'Get out of Jail Free Card'.......because He offers total remission of sins (no matter how bad) to ALL who believe on Him and repent!!!!

.......as I have said before, this may be very uncomfortable for a legalist........who would like full punishment meted out for sin.......
    .......but the alternative of full subjection to the Law of God .......with every sin fully punished, would result in Eternal Damnation for ALL sinners.....i.e. EVERYBODY.......including the legalists themselves!!!!

Jesus made the once-off perfect atonement for ALL sin.........and as a Saved Christian, I am priveliged to avail of this atonement as an unworthy sinner deserving of God's punishment......but receiving God's Merciful Grace instead!!!:D

Back a few months ago, I was talking to somebody with a legalistic mindset and he was talking about road safety and how he had been recently 'rewarded' by the Police for what he claimed to be his good driving within the Law.
    Knowing that the Law can only condemn and expects obedience to its ordinances, without any reward for doing so, I was intrigued as to how the Police had 'rewarded' this person for obeying the Law, when the Police are only enforcers of the Law.

Anyway, the legalist told me that the Police 'rewarded' him by pulling over a driver who had just passed him out on a Motorway.......
    .......so apparently this Legalist got his 'reward' from seeing others condemned........
    .......not realising that he too is also subject to the condemnation of the Law if he errs and falls foul of the Law.......

......and just a few days later I again met the same Legalist (there are a lot of them about) ......and this time, he was loudly complaining that the Police had just pulled him over and cautioned him ..........for driving too SLOW on a Motorway!!!!:D

.......let he who is without sin, cast the first stone......!!!:D

also known as 'what comes around ......goes around'!!!!!:D

......or if you live by the sword you can expect to die by the sword!!!!

Not sure.
    Jesus is warning Saved Christians of 'wolves in sheeps clothing'.........or Nominal Christians.....who have never been Saved!!!!!:)
    No Jesus is warning of those that have strayed away from the truth, he is warning of the likes of those that are spreading false gospel of eternal security or Once Saved Always Saved. Eternal security teachers declare we are justified by faith as in Romans 5:1, but they stop there! They never proclaim the additional truth that a true believer can cease believing and fall away or die spiritually. Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away Luke . 8:13.
    And these nominal Christians will 'fall away' in huge numbers from even their nominal adherance to Christianity as we approach the End Times .....and this is known as the 'Great Apostacy' which is a pre-cursor to the emergence of the Anti-Christ.
    Many Saved otr Born again believers will aslo fall away during the great apostacy. For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect. Mark 13 22. Dont try to explain to me that the Elect are not Born Again believers.
    The Word of God is addressed to BOTH the Saved and the Unsaved!!!!..and could I gently remind you that Jesus Christ Himself, is every Saved Christians 'Get out of Jail Free Card'..because He offers total remission of sins (no matter how bad) to ALL who believe on Him and repent!!!!
    TO THOSE THAT CHOOSE FOLLOW HIM AND ENDURE TO THE END ONLY!!!!!. THOSE THAT FOLLOW HIM AND THEN DELIBERATELY DECIDE TO TURN AWAY FROM HIM AND SIN ARE DANMED!! IF someone gives up on Christ and dies in sin his "Get out of Jail card" is useless!! End of story!! . However if that person chooses to repent later on God will always accept him back. (Dangerous trick of the devil is to put repentance on the long finger!!!!).
    Jesus made the once off perfect atonement for ALL sin.........and as a Saved Christian, I am priveliged to avail of this atonement as an unworthy sinner deserving of God's punishment......but receiving God's Merciful Grace instead!!!:D
    Jesus made the once off perfect atonement for ALL sin but for those only that take up the offer of salvation and endure to the end. My past sins are forgiven when I became a Born again believer. My future sins are NOT forgiven if I deliberatly sin and refuse to continue in his offer of attonement. http://www.gospeltruth.net/1835Lect_on_Rev_of_Rel/35revlec21.htm

No Jesus is warning of those that have strayed away from the truth, he is warning of the likes of those that are spreading false gospel of eternal security or Once Saved Always Saved. Eternal security teachers declare we are justified by faith as in Romans 5:1, but they stop there! They never proclaim the additional truth that a true believer can cease believing and fall away or die spiritually. Those on the rock are the ones who receive the word with joy when they hear it, but they have no root. They believe for a while, but in the time of testing they fall away Luke .

These are NOT saved.......
    ....they HEAR the Word of God and are receptive towards it to the point of believing it to be true.....BUT there is no mention of them repenting and believing on Jesus Christ to save them.....

........they are 'feel-good' people who superficially 'go with the flow' ......but if and when they are tested they fall away .......because they haven't actually been saved.

8:13.Many Saved otr Born again believers will aslo fall away during the great apostacy. For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if [it were] possible, even the elect. Mark 13 22. Dont try to explain to me that the Elect are not Born Again believers.

Yes, the Elect ARE Saved Christians........but the condition "if it were possible" ......clearly implied that it will NOT be possible to deceive them......although Satan will make a pretty good attempt to do so!!!!

The Elect are not saved from the seduction of false Christs and prophets through their own wisdom.........they are saved from believing such people through the Spiritual Discernment available to them through being indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

TO THOSE THAT CHOOSE FOLLOW HIM AND ENDURE TO THE END ONLY!!!!!. THOSE THAT FOLLOW HIM AND THEN DELIBERATELY DECIDE TO TURN AWAY FROM HIM AND SIN ARE DANMED!! IF someone gives up on Christ and dies in sin his "Get out of Jail card" is useless!! End of story!! . However if that person chooses to repent later on God will always accept him back. (Dangerous trick of the devil is to put repentance on the long finger!!!!). Jesus made the once off perfect atonement for ALL sin but for those only that take up the offer of salvation and endure to the end. My past sins are forgiven when I became a Born again believer. My future sins are NOT forgiven if I deliberatly sin and refuse to continue in his offer of attonement. http://www.gospeltruth.net/1835Lect_on_Rev_of_Rel/35revlec21.htm
    The only point we differ on is WHY a Saved Christian endures to the end......is it through their own effort and merit.......or is it because they have been saved ......and are indwelt by the Holy Spirit????

......so I guess it comes down to whether you believe yourself to be elected and protected by God ........from the moment you are saved!!!

.......you clearly believe that you are NEVER really saved.........and you can only find out your fate at the Judgement.

......and I believe that we are saved when we believe on Jesus Christ to save us........and our subsequent good works are the fruit of our salvation .....and not it's cause.:D

Not sure.
    [QUOTE=J C;55337484.you clearly believe that you are NEVER really saved.........and you can only find out your fate at the Judgement.

......and I believe that we are saved when we believe on Jesus Christ to save us........and our subsequent good works are the fruit of our salvation .....and not it's cause.:D[/QUOTE]

Your interpretation of being saved is the "initial convert" i.e. the time of enlightment. This is only the beginning of the salvation process. If a person died at the time of his initial conversion he would be "saved" in your sense however that person still has a life ahead of him and must endure the temptations of the Devil and choose the narrow way, If not he will loose all what he gained and will be worse off than the unsaved ie damned to eternity.

Your interpretation of being saved is the "initial convert" i.e. the time of enlightment. This is only the beginning of the salvation process.

Perhaps our differences are more theoretical than actual........in relation to post-Salvation sinning.....
    We both appear to believe that the Saved should continue to avoid sin......(because it hastens physical death and out of love and respect for God. in my case)......and in your case for these reasons, as well as avoiding perdition).......so there isn't much 'licence' to sin in either of our positions!!!!
    If a person died at the time of his initial conversion he would be "saved" in your sense however that person still has a life ahead of him and must endure the temptations of the Devil and choose the narrow way, If not he will loose all what he gained and will be worse off than the unsaved ie damned to eternity.

Your version of Salvation makes it practically impossible for anybody to be saved unless they die at the moment that they are 'saved and sin-free' (according to you). BTW I don't believe that the Saved are EVER sin-free.....even at the moment of Salvation......we are saved IN our sins.....and our sinful state CONTINUES to afflict our sinful bodies.....and that is WHY the Saved die ......just like the Unsaved.

Your idea that we are only fully 'sin-free' at the moment that we first repent and are Saved..........would encourage people to logically put off being saved until they were on their deathbeds ......so that they would have the best chance of then being 'sin-free' at the moment of death (and we both agree that putting off Salvation is NOT a good idea, because you might not get the chance to be saved on your deathbed).

Your idea, that sins committed by people after they are saved will be judged even more harshly by God than those of the Unsaved, would ALSO encourage people to put off being saved to as close to death as possible.....to avoid the supposedly harsher sanction from God upon Saved sinners.....who sin between being saved and dying.

Your idea of a harsher judgement on the sins of the Saved also begs the question of WHY God would judge any sin more harshly than the next, when EVERY sin is an EQUAL abomination to Him.....
    ......it also begs the question of HOW God would implement this supposedly harsher judgement, when eternal perditon is the punishment for ALL sin.......and there are no degrees of 'eternal'........or 'perdition'!!!!

Once Saved Always Saved derives from the ability of Humans to freely enter into a binding Covenant with God whereby they believe on Jesus Christ and repent of their sins .....and God saves them.
    ....and the idea that somebody who is Saved and indwelt by the Holy Spirit would want to subsequently break their Covenant with God is quite preposterous !!!!:)

.....and the idea that God would break His Covenant with a sinner that He has Saved is even more preposterous.

However, if you want a 'belt and braces' Salvation, then after you are saved by believing on Jesus Christ, you can repent of your sinful state every hour, on the hour, for the rest of your life..............if that makes you feel any better!!!

I don't believe that it will make any difference to your Saved State.......but if it comforts you, then why not do it!!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement