Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Garda Recruitment - Stage 5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jrobertos

D Trent wrote: »
    With the height of respect...... Don't be that silly
    People and plenty of em would give their left nut to have interview passed like you

All well and good passing the interview but now I'm stuck not knowing what's happening. Time to move on is all I'm saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

jrobertos wrote: »
    All well and good passing the interview but now I'm stuck not knowing what's happening. Time to move on is all I'm saying

Well what kind of work would you seek now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

Move on where? You have the hardest parts done of the recruitment man. What's wrong?
    Give the depot a call and confirm what the story is. You won't know if you dont ask.

You want to be a guard. You have to ask questions.

Turbo T wrote: »
    Move on where? You have the hardest parts done of the recruitment man. What's wrong?
    Give the depot a call and confirm what the story is. You won't know if you dont ask.

You want to be a guard. You have to ask questions.

My vetting still isn't done that's the problem. Nearly 8 months.
    Also they have the 300 that was committed to at the start. So we have no idea if and when they are going to take more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭Turbo T

My vetting still isn't done that's the problem. Nearly 8 months.
    Also they have the 300 that was committed to at the start. So we have no idea if and when they are going to take more

Have you asked anyone what the delay is or what may be holding it back.

Turbo T wrote: »
    Have you asked anyone what the delay is or what may be holding it back.

They won't give any info when I ring. I have tried. All they say is it takes times but 8 months is stretching it

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

They won't give any info when I ring. I have tried. All they say is it takes times but 8 months is stretching it

8 months Jesus. That's ridiculous I've been waiting 5 now seems like forever! Have rang a few times and all I get is 'we can't give out details or that's confidential'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

They've finally passed my hearing result. Now for laser eye surgery, hooray!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Anyone know of a push pull machine in the Dublin area that could be used? In a pay in gym or club or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭StevieF3

Have my physical on the 10th of March, just wondering is there many others heading down that day?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

StevieF3 wrote: »
    Have my physical on the 10th of March, just wondering is there many others heading down that day?

Are the physicals still on going ???

I had to defer my physical a couple of months back as I was injured and I got an email earlier this week requesting me down in March. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 12ab..

How many candidates from 600-1200 are waiting to start an intake in templemore i.e all stages complete but perhaps waiting on vetting ???
    educated guess will suffice

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

12ab.. wrote: »
    How many candidates from 600-1200 are waiting to start an intake in templemore i.e all stages complete but perhaps waiting on vetting ???
    educated guess will suffice

When I was doing stage 3 last week they said there wasn't enough from previous group to fill the "next 100" intake and our group will make up the remainder and form another group of 100. That's what I understood them to mean anyway hth

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kev-bt

Just a quick question on PCT that someone may be able to help me with.

1. On the beep test, do you have to have both feet on/before the line before each shuttle or is one foot enough?

2. On the sit-ups, the youtube video provided shows somebody holding your feet while doing them, is this correct?

On the beep test, only one foot has to touch the line then you wait for the beep and turn around.
    On the sit ups they ask whether you want the person to stand on your toes or hold them down with their hands.
    Best of luck. When is your pct?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

Anyone get a call from hrm today about PCT? Had a missed call but couldn't get them when I rang back. Are there pcts next week anyone know? I'm retest by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭eroc79

jwt22 wrote: »
    Anyone get a call from hrm today about PCT? Had a missed call but couldn't get them when I rang back. Are there pcts next week anyone know? I'm retest by the way.

They sent an email too

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭jwt22

eroc79 wrote: »
    They sent an email too

Nope, didn't get an email. That's why I'm wondering if there's anything on next week, if there are, I'm thinking that's what it's about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

Can anyone clarify what the Max bmi requirement is for the medical?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭billie1b

I think its 30, nearly 100% sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

aido112 wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify what the Max bmi requirement is for the medical?

I wouldn't stress over the BMI too much, if you're fit and healthy but still over 30 BMI, don't worry, but if you're quite chubby and not so healthy, i'd be focusing on getting it under 30. Fastest was there is diet.

The doctor doing the Medical will ask you questions about why your BMI is high, they won't necessarily disqualify you for it. The doctor I had was pretty on the ball too, for example, I have some stretch marks on my sides and she was asking about those.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭aido112

No I'd be fairly fit but when I got it checked last week it was 29.4 and the chemist chap was adamant no medical will pass you unless your in the healthy weight range ( no more than 25) so he threw me a little!

Just on the eyes, I am falling just below the required standard. I want to get laser eye surgery before medical. Is there any problem with this or do u have to wait to be failed and them go and get it corrected??

Thanks for the responses!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭wildfowler94

What tattoos will cause you to fail the medical? Or what's the official policy? I'm bricking it

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

What tattoos will cause you to fail the medical? Or what's the official policy? I'm bricking it

The only way they can/will fail you on tattoos is if they cannot be covered when in uniform. I.e tattoos on your face/neck or hands.
    I have a full sleeve tattoo on my left arm and my right forearm is covered, the only stipulation is that I have to wear long sleeve shirts when in uniform.
    Don't be worrying. :)

• Advertisement

madbadger wrote: »
    The only way they can/will fail you on tattoos is if they cannot be covered when in uniform. I.e tattoos on your face/neck or hands.
    I have a full sleeve tattoo on my left arm and my right forearm is covered, the only stipulation is that I have to wear long sleeve shirts when in uniform.
    Don't be worrying. :)

Cheers buddy thanks. I was terrified of failing. I've no problem wearing long sleeve on duty. I've tattoos on my arms and one near my wrist but all are easily covered in long sleeves. Are you in training now?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭madbadger

I am... And have to say, I love it. Been wanting to join up for a long time, so delighted to be in now. What stage are you at?

madbadger wrote: »
    I am... And have to say, I love it. Been wanting to join up for a long time, so delighted to be in now. What stage are you at?

Just done interview

Just done interview

How did you find it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

billie1b wrote: »
    How did you find it?

They were given directions to it

• Advertisement

D Trent wrote: »
    They were given directions to it

Very good, I got a giggle from it

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Kimiko2012

Just done interview

How did you get on? How long were you in there? Did you wear a suit? Cheers

Always wear a suit. similar to most of the interviews done with defence forces.
    Interview 45 mins or so

Can someone please tell me how long does the medical examination take? Is there much waiting between the tests? I'm just trying to figure out how much time off I need to take at work.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Bridel

Can someone please tell me how long does the medical examination take? Is there much waiting between the tests? I'm just trying to figure out how much time off I need to take at work.

Really depends on the day! I was there for about 2 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 thelmascanl

Hey, So just got the date of my medical. Delighted to have gotten this far. Might be a silly questions but am I right to assume one would be wearing a suit similar to the interview for the medical also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Hey, So just got the date of my medical. Delighted to have gotten this far. Might be a silly questions but am I right to assume one would be wearing a suit similar to the interview for the medical also?

Not a hope. I'll be wearing jeans and polo shirt. You would want to be dressed comfortably for a medical.

So I'm here now!!!!!!!!progressed from stage four!!!! Medical soon!!!!!!! Any one in trouble!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭jwm85

Boom! Nearly there lads! Anyone have many penalty points or fixed charge notices to declare on the self vetting form?

Have penalty points but are gone now!!!!! Two maybe!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

Hi lads, has anyone gone for the meeting with the superintendent yet? I just got a call about mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,505 ✭✭✭Killinator

Have 2 points and the fine that came with it, not particularly worried about them though.

conzcro wrote: »
    Hi lads, has anyone gone for the meeting with the superintendent yet? I just got a call about mine

I have heard nothing at all. No references been contacted. Maybe it depends on what part of the country you are situated i.e. Smaller station they may contact quicker than a larger busier station etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 conzcro

redout wrote: »
    I have heard nothing at all. No references been contacted. Maybe it depends on what part of the country you are situated i.e. Smaller station they may contact quicker than a larger busier station etc.

I have a meeting on Monday. . Does anyone know what the meeting/interview is actually about?

conzcro wrote: »
    I have a meeting on Monday. . Does anyone know what the meeting/interview is actually about?

I believe they will go thru your form B that you handed in at interview and then some general questions such as why you want to join etc. they will also question you about stuff that appeared on pulse especially if you didn't declare it.

Dress code for meeting with super?
    Full suit?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 lesterburnham

Has anyone gotten a reply from Garda appointments, for any query yet?

Open day next Saturday. See you'se there.

redout wrote: »
    Open day next Saturday. See you'se there.

Open day? Do we have to go? I'm away next weekend

• Advertisement

jwm85 wrote: »
    Open day? Do we have to go? I'm away next weekend

Not mandatory afaik. But it does say to email them if you are not attending.

Advertisement