Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sting Officially Signed?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Meltzer has confirmed also

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

My thoughts:

I wish he still had a decent head of hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Sting vs the wyatts would be good fun

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It will be funny how they'll probably present him as someone who has been sitting at home for the last 13 years....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Brilliant. Was always a WCW guy so over the moon Stinger has signed. His run in TNA was a bit of a dud with nothing of note.

Fingers crossed WWE makes this the big deal it could be/should be. I'm not gutted that he won't be in the running in terms of streak breaker but hell I don't think Undertaker/Sting is the be all and end all everybody makes out.

The Rock-Hogan WMX8 was something special. Real Icon vs Icon.

Both Rock-Cena matches tried to recreate this and it fell flat.

I think if (Surfer) Sting was to take on Cena/DB/Michaels at Summerslam. I could be an immense "once in a lifetime" the fans could believe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I think if (Surfer) Sting was to take on Cena/DB/Michaels at Summerslam. I could be an immense "once in a lifetime" the fans could believe.

Michaels is retired and won't ever go back on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

rovert wrote: »
    My thoughts:

I wish he still had a decent head of hair.

He can do a hair vs beard match with Sandow. It would be money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,138 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Is he going there as a regular wrestler or as a guy who will play a different role, a GM perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Personally I want Crow sting over surfer sting!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

DM-ICE wrote: »
    Is he going there as a regular wrestler or as a guy who will play a different role, a GM perhaps.

Isn't Vicki meant to be leaving soon... could open up a GM spot but that's Smackdown... although they could have him as Raw GM and Maddox to Smackdown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Delighted to be able to get a Mattel action figure of him finally yes sad I know

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Delighted to be able to get a Mattel action figure of him finally yes sad I know

Does Sting own the character? or did WWE get the likeness rights when they bought WCW or was that just the tape library? Probably a load of copyright guff involved before now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Well he deserves to be part of the WWE family from what he's accomplished in the business. Probably the biggest name from WCW never to grace a WWE ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Why didn't he out of interest? not a fan of Vince?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

krudler wrote: »

A few stories about how he wasn't happy the way WCW talent were being utilised at the time circa 2002/2003.

He seen what Vince had done to other wCw talent they picked up in the takeover and decided he didn't want his legacy tarnished by a bad WWE run like Goldbergs.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wasn't pleased with how Vince treated WCW circa the inVasion (and he was right). He specifically mentioned the moment Booker met Rock, said his name, and Rock said "who?". He also didn't want to work for the guy who put almost every other promoter in America out of business to build his empire.

I don't think it's a coincidence Savage did the All-Stars thing, Sammartino and Warrior got into the HoF under what is really Triple H's (and not Vince's) watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Personally at this stage in his career, I couldnt care less about Sting.

5 years earlier and it be great, 10 years ago (if handled right) it would be amazing, but now its too late and id rather not see Sting in WWE ring. Hes a shell of his former self physically, lookswise and even character wise. Id rather remember him as a WCW legend that he is, as oppsed to his WWE run which will be poor and is at least 5 years too late IMO.

Id rather see new talent like Cesaro, The Shield, hell even Bo Dallas ahead of Elderly Sting.

I would like to see him in the HOF and thats it. Everything else wouldnt do him Steve justice.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

They own all the WCW footage and have a cracking production team so I'll just be happy if it means a decent Sting dvd.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

I assume WWE own the WCW era entrance music, would love to hear him use the WCW crow theme...

• Advertisement

I know he's old but I'd like to see him have at least 1 match in the WWE. I love to see him face Cena for some reason.

I think he would make a good GM. Joker Sting would be great craic.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I know he's old but I'd like to see him have at least 1 match in the WWE. I love to see him face Cena for some reason.

I think he would make a good GM. Joker Sting would be great craic.

His TNA run is not going to be acknowledged in the slightest, so there's not a chance his character development or gimmick changes there will be.

At best, you're likely to see the Sting from 2001, with a bit of the Joker mannerisms thrown in but only a small bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

He pretty much confirmed it at WrestleCon, WrestleMania weekend.. I was there and he said something a long the lines of "I know the question everybody wants to ask and I can't answer it but I will say 31 is my new favorite number and might be my favorite number of my career.. Is it something you would all like to see??"
    Everyone cheered he smiled.. I was hoping for his appearance on RAW but... No sting.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'll believe it that Sting has signed a WWE contract, when i see it on my television.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,259 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I don't think he can pull off a half decent match against anyone now but seeing him in WWE in some capacity will be good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Makes it all the worse that WWE lost Punk a couple of months ago now, one man who you could definitely trust to get a match out of him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Not so fast:
    --An update on a story in the current Observer. On the Sting/WWE deal, WWE sent Sting his contract several days ago, but as of yesterday, he had not returned it. The belief is they were on terms and an agreement is in place, but as of yesterday, pen to paper on Sting's side hadn't been returned. There is no indication of any serious hold-up at least from the WWE side. Those in the company even before WrestleMania were working with the impression he was on board.

Steve "Regular Post" Borden

• Registered Users Posts: 37,872 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

have a feeling it wont happen and he will go to the new jeff jarrett promotion.

Would love to see Crow sting in the wwe

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hang on, did Meltz actually report he signed, and is now reporting he hasn't signed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Hang on, did Meltz actually report he signed, and is now reporting he hasn't signed?

"Sting has signed his deal with WWE" is what was printed in the Observer and Meltzer said he doesn't know the particulars of the deal but Sting's to appear on TV at some point.

Advertisement