Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you routinly kill small insects?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    I have 10 sizes of swaters for a different size insect, I have a 100 bottles of insect repelant. I even mix it in with weed killer to kill the ones that touch the weeds, I put it on my flowers to kill the bees (but sadly it kills the flowers too). I also have an insect suit just incase a sworm of ladybugs try and kill me... bástards...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

justifiable in absolutely every situation
    The-Rigger wrote:
    I destroy them, I take no pleasure in it though, they disgust me.

Rudolf Hess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    i was pulling out some old skirting board today and there was a scatter of all the insects behind it, none of them lived though with the bottom of my shoe becoming their eternal resting place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

I dont like spiders, so if theres one really bothering me( like on the ceiling directly above my head while I'm trying to sleep) I'll use a glass to catch it and throw it out the window. I Despise beetles(they don't survive if they come near me) but i kind of like woodlice, have no problem with them, kinda wierd:confused:

I never kill flies either, just open the window wide and they usually find their way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    Ger_Hankey wrote:
    I try my best to just put them outside

Ah feck that, the way I think of it is they are breaking and entering...... well not breaking, but they weren't invited in, so they are fair game.

I guess if you were more lenient, you could give them a 3 strikes and your dead type rule, but this would require some sort of insect tracking/tagging system and that sounds expensive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It BeeMee wrote:
    Snails live, if they survive the landing.

Yeh, snails live, harmless creatures. I always make a habit not to stand on them when walking on the path especially after a rain shower.
    Sometimes i tap them to the side with my shoe or pick 'em up and throw them in the grass, something about them which makes me their guardian angel somehow!

Atari Jaguar ftw!
    It BeeMee wrote:
    Moths die.
    Daddy Long-legs die.
    Spiders live, though sometimes relocated.
    Snails live, if they survive the landing.
    Wasps are given their chance for freedom, but usually refuse to go out the window. So they die.
    Ladybirds : who could kill those cute little things?
    Earwigs die.
    Cockroaches die.
    Woodlice die

Same as above, but wasps definitely get executed. "Diiiiiiiiiiieeeee you winged spawn of Satan". Bees have a function, so they too live. Also Moths are indeed evil. The big ones that is. Money-moths are just ghey. I also kill the little tiny white ones that crawl out of anywhere like books, keyboards, phones etc. and them silverfish things. They're disgusting.

Also, was gonna go on a rant about how everyone gets mixed up with what a Daddy long legs is, and that it's really a spider, and doesn't fly around the room cos they don't have wings, but according to Wikipedia, the flying ones are called Crane Flies and the spidery ones are called a Harvestman. Could have been embarassing.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daddy_long_legs

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Like OP said, if they're constantly flyin around my head or landin on the monitor/TV, they gotta die! For some reason, I have no problem killing flies etc but if I see a spider, i'll usually just pick it up and put it outside!

Advertisement