Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Time to get serious!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Arms and shoulders today. Same as last time plus a few kg. Dips felt better today alright.

A1) Front Squats

50kg 2 x 2
    60kg 1 x 3
    70kg 1 x 2
    80kg 2 x 2
    90kg 1 x 1,f... Lost tightness.

B1,2,3)

Inc DB Press- 24kg 3 x 6 @40X0
    Chest Supported Row- 18kg DB 3 x 12 @ 20X0
    Inc Flyes- 6kg 3 x 20 @20X0

C1,2,3)

Neutral Chins- BW+5kg 3 x 6 @40X0
    DB Press- 24kg 3 x 6
    Low Pulley Row- 50lbs 1 x 25, 60lbs 1 x 20, 75lbs 1 x 15 all @2120

Awesome pump. Trying to rebuild my OHP.

Two things happened today. 1. I trained and ate like a king. 2. I hurt my back leaving the gym.

Anyway,

A1,2,3)

Squat- 85kg 2 x 6 @4020, 90kg 1 x 6 @2220
    Leg Press- 240lbs 3 x 12 @20X0
    Leg Ext- 40kg 1 x 25, 1 x 20, 1 x 15 @1111

B1,2)

Snatch Grip RDLs- 70kg 3 x 12 @20X0
    Leg Curls- 3 x 25 @10X0.. Hamstrings exploded here. Dorsiflexed and plantarflexed same as last time.

Have quite a pain shooting from the bottom right of my back to the top left of my neck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,510 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Whats with all the tempo work?

Added muscular stress! I'm following GBC and it's a part of it too.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

IDIBISHDI

Hanley wrote: »
    IDIBISHDI

I've searched for frickin ages to see what that meant and I finally found it!

And no:P

Added muscular stress! I'm following GBC and it's a part of it too.

Fair enough, wouldn't want to accuse you of yndtp. Big difference over additional weight with 1 sec tempos?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,654 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Leg Curls- 3 x 25 @10X0.. Hamstrings exploded here. Dorsiflexed and plantarflexed same as last time.

Since you're working the hamstrings hard, maybe try doing the curls with your feet neutral and go for a somewhere in the region of an 8-10RM and when tyou're getting close to failure, see if your feet rotate in or out. Good way of telling if there's an imbalance between the bicep femoris and the semi brothers.

Fair enough, wouldn't want to accuse you of yndtp. Big difference over additional weight with 1 sec tempos?

Yndtp?

Yeah, it's pretty murderous. Especially with the minimal rest it's just constant fatigue.

• Advertisement

Since you're working the hamstrings hard, maybe try doing the curls with your feet neutral and go for a somewhere in the region of an 8-10RM and when tyou're getting close to failure, see if your feet rotate in or out. Good way of telling if there's an imbalance between the bicep femoris and the semi brothers.

I might try it as a 4th set after my workings to see:)

Yndtp?

Yeah, it's pretty murderous. Especially with the minimal rest it's just constant fatigue.

yndtp= you're not doing the program. FHAAHA i say - Feck Hanley And All His Acronyms \:D/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

yndtp= you're not doing the program. FHAAHA i say - Feck Hanley And All His Acronyms \:D/

STFU...?

Shed That Foul Underwear? I have days like that too :(

A1)
    Front Squat- 75kg 2 x 3, 80kg 2 x 2

B1,2,3)

Inc. DB Press- 30kg 3 x 6 @40X0
    Rev. Grip Row- 40kg 3 x 12 @20X0
    Flyes- 8kg 3 x 25 @2020

C1,2,3)

Lat Pull Down- 60lbs 3 x 6 @4020
    OHP- 24kg 3 x 5 @20X0
    Cable Row- 100lbs 3 x 20

Didnt feel great going in. Don't feel great now.

Arms, abs, delts!

A1,2,3)

Dips- +5kg 1 x 6 @40X0, 1 x 5 @50X0, 1 x 4 @60X0
    Tricep Ext- 3 x 12 @30X0
    Band Pushdowns- 3 x 25 @20X0

B1,2,3)

Curls- 3 x 25 @1111
    Lat Raise- 3 x 25
    Rear Delt Flyes- 3 x AMRAP

C1,2)

Ab Wheel Rollouts- 3 x 8
    Inverted Row- 3 x 12

Today's workout comes to you fuelled by Mooju, the best chocolate milk around!

A1,2,3)

Squats- 90kg 1 x 6, 2 x 6 @30X0... First set felt incredibly heavy, ditched the tempo. Back then for the second.

Leg Press- 250lbs 1 x 12 @2010, 280lbs 2 x 12 @2010

Leg Ext- 50lbs 3 x 25 @1111

B1) 1.5 Front Squats

60kg 2 x 2
    65kg 2 x 2
    70kg 2 x 2

C1) Leg Curls

3 x 25

D1) Cable Crunch

3 x 20

Then a good 40mins snatch practice. Felt great!

Went back to regular bench for the A1s and use incline as the B2.

A1,2,3)

Bench- 60kg 1 x 6, 65kg 1 x 6, 70kg 1 x 6 all @40X0

DB Row- 24kg 3 x 12 @20X0

Inc. Flyes- 3 x 25 @10X0

B1,2,3)

Lat Pull Down- 65lbs 1 x 6, 70lbs 1 x 6, 75lbs 1 x 6, 80lbs 1 x 6 all @40X0

Inc. DB Press- 24kg 3 x 12 @20X0

Machine Row- 90lbs 3 x 20 1111

D1,2)

Chest Supported Row- 4 x 10

Cable Row- 4 x 15

E) Abzzzzz.

Decided to take some measurements before I finish up my programme.

Befores:

Bodyweight: 186lbs
    Arms: 14.5"
    Legs: 24.9"
    Waist: 33"

Afters:

Bodyweight: 192lbs morning weight.
    Arms: 15"
    Legs: 25.6"

Delighted really! Been a roooooough few weeks. Do I feel stronger? Meh, that wasn't the goal. Am I leaner? I'd like to think I stayed the same, around 13-4%.

Plans going forward? None really. Moving tomorrow week. I know where I'm staying has squat stands, a barbell, bench, KB's and a few other bits. I think I'll GVT it and keep adding on pounds while I'm over there. I'd love to run Coan Phillipi so if I can get to a decent gym once a week I'll do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

192 pounds at 13% is quite tankish

• Advertisement

JJayoo wrote: »
    192 pounds at 13% is quite tankish

I feel the best I've felt as an overall too which helps. It's that point where I can have a bit of chocolate/junk and not feel as though my BF has gone through the roof.

Only problem is bastardin' stretch marks.

Had a great day in the gym today. Worked up to a 70kg clean and jerk. A lot left in the tank too. I'd say about 10kg maybe? After that my front squat wouldn't be strong enough.

If only my snatch was anyway comparable:( Anyway, that's my last training session in Ireland unless I squeeze one in tomorrow along with the mayhem of packing, her doing her driving test, changing money and something inevitably screwing up:P

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chriity139

Decided to take some measurements before I finish up my programme.

Befores:

Bodyweight: 186lbs
    Arms: 14.5"
    Legs: 24.9"

Afters:

Bodyweight: 192lbs morning weight.
    Arms: 15"
    Legs: 25.6"

Nice results from the program man. Gained a good bit on your legs. Nothing like increasing bodyweight while keeping the waist small. Keep up the good work dude :D

chriity139 wrote: »
    Nice results from the program man. Gained a good bit on your legs. Nothing like increasing bodyweight while keeping the waist small. Keep up the good work dude :D

Cheers man! Doing any type of hypertrophy was a real shock to the system:P

Yesterdays C&J. Not the smoothest clean but it'll do! Feel free to critique!

Looks like you were a fraction behind where you should have been when you took the bar for the clean but other than that, nice work.

Looks like you were a fraction behind where you should have been when you took the bar for the clean but other than that, nice work.

Yeah definitely not my smoothest of cleans. Haven't done them in a few weeks so a small bit rusty.

Cheers for the critique:)

Yeah definitely not my smoothest of cleans. Haven't done them in a few weeks so a small bit rusty.

Cheers for the critique:)

It was only really the slight backward movement in the clean.

Jerk was smooth.

So I've moved. Had a nice lil work out last night with my flat mate.

Squats

50kg 4 x 12

Bench

50kg 4 x 12

Handy out really. Might do some pulling later.

• Advertisement

24/05/14

A1)Bench

Upto a real easy 85kg. Needed that to programme next few weeks.

B1)Inc. Bench

40kg 3 x 12

4 rounds of:

Neutral Pull Ups x AMRAP
    Close Grip Bench x 8
    Bent Over Rows x 8

26/05/14

A1) Squat

Up to 50kg x 20

B1&2)

Front Squat- 40kg 4 x 12
    RDL- 50kg 4 x 12

C1,2&3)

Curls- 20kg 3 x 15-25
    Crunches- 3 x 25
    Rear Delt Flyes- 5kg 3 x 15-25

A few updates since the last time I've logged. 2 minor injuries to my left wrist and elbow have stopped me doing as much bench volume as I'd like to do but I'm managing pretty okay. Hit 65kg for 5 x 6 last night but my wrist doesn't like the loading at all, thumbed grip seems to be less aggregative but that drives me mad. I'm sure it'll clear up soon though, I hope. I was just on a really good strength wave with my bench that normally doesn't happen.

Squatting is grand apart from the odd elbow pain here and there but a wider grip and higher bar placement seems to settle it down okay. Still doing 20 rep work. Did 65kg x 20 last night with a lot left in the tank. High rep work really highlights weaknesses for anyone looking to find some. Did my bigger squat over here too, a mind boggling 111kg for 5. Had to put in two 8kg kettlebells to raise the weight. Hopefully we'll order 2 x 20kg plates soon.

Goal out of the 20rep stuff is the get body weight for 20 which, is now about 94kg but I hope to be about 85kg by then. I'm heavier than COH, madness:P

Nothing else really to note other than I'm working in Kings College in Cambridge. Hours are ridiculous but till I get on my feet properly it'll have to do. Nutritions been pretty much on point apart from the odd bit of cake(the chefs know I have a palette:P). I tend to bug them for some meat every now and again plus I live with two chefs so it's pretty awesome:) Last thing, if you're ever in Wetherspoons over here, I really recommend the rack of ribs! So much I had them twice:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

We are about the same weight. Weight buddies. Plus post me cake please.

JJayoo wrote: »
    We are about the same weight. Weight buddies. Plus post me cake please.

No cake for you, you're cutting out cake!

I'll post some pictures of the stuff I get to 'sample'- AMAZING! Gotta get some recipes and play around with ingredients to make them more health conscious cause at the moment, they're ridiculously unhealthy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭COH

I still have a couple of kg's on you pal... for now :D

• Advertisement

COH wrote: »
    I still have a couple of kg's on you pal... for now :D

Awh:( would have been an achievement:(

Today's fun:

Squat

50kg x 1
    70kg x 1
    80kg x 1
    90kg x 1
    95kg x 1
    111kg x 1.. No rest for any of these.

Theeeen...

70kg x 20

Sumo Box Squats

80kg 5 x 8

Bent Over Rows

50kg 4 x 12

Curlzzz

Up to 50kg x 5

Holy crap I've never felt so sick after training. Found out the set of 20 was up 10kg and not 5kg from last time so that's a real nice achievement. Definitely some left in the tank top. 70kg was something I was afraid so I'm glad now it's over with. 3 more squat days and I'll be onto the BW x 20 give or take a few kg.

Had a day off today from work so am doing max rep pull ups every hour.

Nothing major to put down. Few bench sessions plus a heavy front squat session. The biggest and best was last nights 10kg just to 80kg x 20. Anyway;

Squats

Up to 111kf

Then..

80kg x 20 and 87/8kg. Next time I do this I should be at the goal of 85kg. I'll video it and see the story. Bit afraid to jump up as far as 90kg next time.

Just did some heavy rows, hamstring curls with my body weight and weighted planks.

Friday 20/06/14

Warm Up

Lots of scap retraction stuff as well as stuff to make my hips functional again.

OHP

30kg 3 x 8
    40kg x 5
    50kg x 5
    60kg x 1... Veeeeeery grindy.

OHP is the only thing at the moment not pissing off my wrist and elbow so I think I'll just run some linear stuff for a few weeks and see where it goes. Was happy enough though.

Push Press

Just technique stuff here because I can't seem to nail it. Think I got up as far as a whopping 50kg x 3:pac:

Rows

50kg 4 x 12.. Pulling stuff hurts my wrist.

Moving onto today..

Squats

40kg 4 x 8
    50kg 1 x 7
    60kg 1 x 6
    70kg 1 x 5
    80kg 1 x 4
    111kg 1 x 2

Then the fun stuff..

90kg 1 x 13. Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Cleans

50kg 3 x 3

SLDL

70kg 4 x 15

Man I need to stop winging training. Not happy with the squats even though it is a 10kg jump on last time. I'll have it the next time with someone roaring me on.

Nothing much to add since the last post. Trained a bit, ate a lot, rested a bit etc.. Started a new programme for some pressing today. Just some linear progression for the first phase and then some funky stuff for phase 2. Anyway,

A)OHP

Bar 2 x 15
    30kg 2 x 8

42.5kg 5 x 8

B) Unsupported Seated BTN Press

36kg 4 x 8-12

C) Incline Bench

40kg 3 x 15

D1) Rear Delt Flyes

3 x 15

D2) Inc. Flyes

3 x 20

D3) Plate Raise

3 x 15

Can't wait to squat

• Advertisement

Been crazy busy for the last while. Have all my training written down but I'll just put down the important bits here.

The biggest to date were 50kg x 6 press and 55kg x 4 press both for 5 sets. Things are looking okay for a PR here come test day. Benched a small bit too, something like 85kg for one but much faster than previous attempts. I'll try hit a PR here too when my pressing programme ends.

Still tipping away at squatting, have 90kg for 20 and 95kg for 14. Wendler tells me I have a 160kg squat now, I wish! Been trying to transit to sumo on my squat too. Haven't lifted anything heavy yet, just getting the pattern.

A client I'm training over here is due to test his squat soon though so I'll try move some heavy deads then. It's gonna be frickin awesome see a dude put 40kg on his squat in 4 weeks because of me:D

I've also started to cut since I woke up and any abs I had were gone. Feeling freaking awesome since too. Getting leaner by the day.

Training looks something like this at the minute;

Press + accessories.

Squat variation + accessories.

Something crossfitty. Something I want to do more of.

Today's 'fun' was 10,9,8 and so on for time- which I didn't record*.

Hang Cleans w/50kg
    Burpees.

Clean form was a lot better than to be expected. It was difficult but not too bad. By the time 4s has come, I was pretty knackered though. Rest times were as needed but nothing more than 15-20secs.

*because I forgot too:P

For my own benefit:

Warm up.

10 x 60m sprint- 90sec rest.

1 x 10m, 20m etc.. up to 60m- rest till back to start plus 15sec or so.

Above is for either tomorrow or sometime next week. Yeah, I'm cutting seriously!

Did my bf% the other day on one of those chemist things. Down from 16.4% to 11.8%. I know it's not accurate but it just gives me an indication whether it's moving or not. I use the same one for consistency.

Dropped carbs and fats by 23 and 12g respectively. I'll drop kcals by 15% or so depending in how things are going in ten days.

I've sprinted twice, done something crossfitty once, pressed 2 times and squatted twice since. Everything's moving. Can't wait to get back heavy squatting.

Updates for this week:

Sprinted x2
    Lifted x3
    Did my BF and it says 9.9% and assuming it's around 2-3% out just by visually looking at myself I reckon I'm sitting between 11-13%- which is cool. I'll keep going till strength starts to suffer.

Got to a local gym Monday for a session. Did the following;

Warmed Up

Sumo Deads

60kg x 5
    90kg x 3
    110kg x 3
    *add chains*
    +40kg 3 x 2

Hammer Strength Row

70kg + machine weight 3 x 15

DB Inc Press

30kg 4 x 8

More rows, cleans and some jerks.

Conditioning Work

200m row
    60kg clean x 3

8 rounds and I was knackered.

Everything's falling into place now, a nice balance between lifting, eating and conditioning and results are beginning to show it. I'll try post a pic of what I had on refeed day. It was forn- food porn.

4 Belgian waffles, 2 Belgian ice creams and loads of toffee sauce. Mmmmmmm!! Only half pictured:)

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

BcAfnux.gif

Looks savage

conzy wrote: »
    BcAfnux.gif

Looks savage

That's something coming from masterchef himself:P

And here's where I lie now at 82-3kg.

#GymSelfie:pac:

Note to self, eat more Belgian waffles...

bluewolf wrote: »
    Note to self, eat more Belgian waffles...

Lol:P

I've been pretty good with this cut compared to what I've called a cut before. Most of my days end up as IF because of work etc.. so that helps too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement