Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Useless weapons

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,793 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Well you needed some chance if you ran out of ammo.

+1 on that. It fulfilled it's role as a last chance desperate weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I used to the hate the Lightning Gun in UT2004.

It was a decent damaging weapon but compared to the orginals sniper rifle it was useless for actually sniping!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,853 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The torch in Ghosts n' Goblins.
    I always hated it...

Not as bad as the Sword in Ghouls n' Ghosts. I got so good at that game that I decided to do a challenge run with just that weapon. It's non-projectile but does double damage. Was going OK until I got the boss on Stage 4 only to find out it's impossible with the Sword.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

All the weapons in Killzone 2...Just can't like that game compared to other FPS's its odd i dunno how to explain, Just isn't that ooomph from the guns in it

Worst one of all is the Ink Ribbon in resident evil though :O

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The bayonet on the retro lancer in gears 3 :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

cloud493 wrote: »
    The bayonet on the retro lancer in gears 3 :pac:

That thing was amazing. I had more kills with it in both single and multiplayer than anything else.

Most useless weapon I can think of is the Mongol rocket launcher from the total was medieval 1 expansion. Jesus that thing was awful. Was basically loaded with poor quality fireworks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

The knife in Resident Evil (pre-Resi 4 era).

You'd be suprised how useful it was for conserving ammo, particularly in Resident Evil 1. Few shots, wait till zombie goes down, equip knife and go in for the kill if still alive.

The only aspect I didn't like about the knife was it took up a slot in the Inventory, I think they should have made it have a seperate slot item since each character had a tactical knife holder anyway. The fact it took up a slot in the inventory made people want to dump it in the inventory box ASAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Staffs in Oblivion.

The Rock-it launcher in Fallout 3.

Also, the flame thrower/freeze gun/tazer in Bioshock. Pointless, considering you could shoot all three, elements?, from your hands.

I used that for almost the whole game. I used to collect the ammo(mostly tin cans) that I had just used to kill an enemy. Wait till enemy was close straight to V.A.T.S all head shots, and when Vats was used up, keep firing until they were dead. Granted near the end I had to use energy weapons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,731 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Everything that's NOT the whip in Super Castlevania IV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

the mp44 in modern warfare, what is a ww2 weapon doing in "modern warfare" and why is it like the last thing you unlock?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

the mp44 in modern warfare, what is a ww2 weapon doing in "modern warfare" and why is it like the last thing you unlock?
    I think the main point of it was to be a callback to the first 3 games. CoD4 was the first game not to be WW2, and the MP44 was a pretty nice gun in the first 3 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Denny M wrote: »
    I think the main point of it was to be a callback to the first 3 games. CoD4 was the first game not to be WW2, and the MP44 was a pretty nice gun in the first 3 games.

yeah thats a fair point, the gun just really annoyed me though, just didnt need to be there!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

yeah thats a fair point, the gun just really annoyed me though, just didnt need to be there!:pac:

It totally needed to be there. Made people turbo rage when you went on massive killstreaks with it because they couldn't call you an m16 noob.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

The Wabbajack. Good fun but turned the fight against you more often than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭GK1001

Any of the eridian weapons in Borderlands. When I first picked one up I thought...this must be awesome...WRONG:(

• Advertisement
Advertisement