Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Football Tips Thread IV

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,610 ✭✭✭shocksy

Villa vs Bradford
    Over 6 corners in the first half - Evens

I think its a pretty good bet at Evens...

Im on it...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

Have not made a bet in a few weeks, so excuse me on something bit far fetched on a comeback...

€10 on Wells to score 2 or more 20/1

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭frat

Shane St. wrote: »
    Arsenal v West Ham
    After going 3 games without a win in the league I'd expect Arsenal to return to winning ways against a West Ham team who have been very poor on the road this season. Big Sam's charges have tasted defeat in 4 of their last 5 away games and have failed to score in their last 4 away games. Arsenal played well in the second half against Chelsea and I expect them to carry that form into this game.
    With regard to West Ham's profligacy in front of goal on their travels Arsenal to win to nil is a nice bet at 6/4.

Swansea v Chelsea
    Since Rafa Benitez has taken the reigns at Chelsea they have been markedly better on the road than in front of a hostile Stamford Bridge crowd. Since his appointment they have managed just 3 wins from 8 at home in all competitions. However there away form has been far better. Since returning from the World Club Championship they have won their last 5 games in all competitions scoring an impressive 17 goals in them 5 games.
    With this in mind I really like the look of over 2.5 goals scored by Chelsea at 12/5. Chelsea are 2 nil down in the tie and really need to go for it and with the attacking talent they have I see no reason why they can't. This bet has collected in Chelsea's last 2 away games.
    I have no doubt Demba Ba was rested with this game in mind and at 5/6 that is a decent price for him to find the net anytime.

Is Ba eligible to play in this game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭ConorCBS

frat wrote: »
    Is Ba eligible to play in this game?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 226 ✭✭deckycoop

magherakid wrote: »
    Treble
    Crusaders v Linfield
    Over 2.5 Goals 8/13

Aston Villa v Bradford
    Over 2.5 Goals 8/15

Celtic v Dundee Utd
    Over 2.5 Goals 8/15
    this 1is lookin good. all 3 games are at 2goals wit 30 mins left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

magherakid wrote: »
    Treble
    Crusaders v Linfield
    Over 2.5 Goals 8/13

Aston Villa v Bradford
    Over 2.5 Goals 8/15

Celtic v Dundee Utd
    Over 2.5 Goals 8/15

Well played, sir. Well played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

anyone know much about the Temuco v Universidad De Chile match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Radonman

On Thursday Malaga and Barcelona go head to head in the second leg of the Copa del Rey deadlocked @ 2-2, next game @ La Rosaleda where Barcelona have a fine record of 6 wins in last 7 scoring 20 and conceeding 4. I expect Barca to be extremly motivated after loosing their unbeaten run last weekend and my pick is Barca (-1) @ 13/10 Boyles

Nothing much. Just looked up the stats for Temuco at home in the cup.
    Undefeated and scoring in every match. Not exactly impressive opposition though. Although 4-1 vs Huachipato isnt bad.

Add to that that U de Chile lost their coach to the national team and lost 4-1 in a friendly this weekend
    I have Temuco over 1 goal (if they score 1 it is void) @2.18 on marathonbet.

Edit:
    Hell... i just see that the new U de Chile coach came over from the no17 in the Argentinian 2nd division

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,621 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

inforfun wrote: »
    Undefeated and scoring in every match. Not exactly impressive opposition though. Although 4-1 vs Huachipato isnt bad.

Add to that that U de Chile lost their coach to the national team and lost 4-1 in a friendly this weekend

Edit:
    Hell... i just see that the new U de Chile coach came over from the no17 in the Argentinian 2nd division

I did not know that about their chile manager, that is a huge loss for De Chile and what a bizarre replacement

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Radonman wrote: »
    On Thursday Malaga and Barcelona go head to head in the second leg of the Copa del Rey deadlocked @ 2-2, next game @ La Rosaleda where Barcelona have a fine record of 6 wins in last 7 scoring 20 and conceeding 4. I expect Barca to be extremly motivated after loosing their unbeaten run last weekend and my pick is Barca (-1) @ 13/10 Boyles

Fancy

Malaga v Barcelona
    Over 3.5 Goals 6/5
    Last 6 meetings gone over 3.5 goals

I read it in december on the U de Chile website that he was likely to leave for the national team.
    Will be all over them when the WC qualifiers resume.
    Dont think he will stick with the has beens like Suazo and a few others but will pick more U de Chile players, former and current.
    Borghi was an idiot.

They could have such a great team, playing the 150 km/h style of 2011 U de Chile

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Treble for tomorrow

Arsenal
    Valencia +1
    Roma v Inter under 3.5

@3.8/1 (pp)

inforfun wrote: »

Edit:

Well, that was ****. 0-3

Just a word of warning on PSG backers - Thiagho Motta, Ibrahimovic :( and Rabiot suspended

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭Lasagna Diarra

Just a word of warning on PSG backers - Thiagho Motta, Ibrahimovic :( and Rabiot suspended

Alex and Thiago Silva are out as well.

Lens and CA Bastia double chance are good bets for the French cup today, but Le Poiré sur Vie remains the best bet of this round imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭elhorse

Didn't get to see the villa game last night, I can't find anywhere that shows how many first half corners there were. Anyone know any sites for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

elhorse wrote: »
    Didn't get to see the villa game last night, I can't find anywhere that shows how many first half corners there were. Anyone know any sites for this?

There were 4 in the first half.

http://www.flashscores.co.uk/match/O4AGhO5G/#live-commentary

there was a good corners stat site linked here before (in this thread ) but they've gone premium and I think it's like 10 pounds a month now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭brilou23

fancy angola beat south africa there 16/5 on boyle only 13/5 pp

The pitch in the Venissieux vs Le Poiré sur Vie game looks pretty decent, no snow or rain. I hope they won't choke I've gone really big on that game :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

Roma Chelsea , btts Valencia. Long shot but to **** with it 17/5 better elsewhere that's skybet

The pitch in the Venissieux vs Le Poiré sur Vie game looks pretty decent, no snow or rain. I hope they won't choke I've gone really big on that game :o

I hope we're not all aboard the HMS Titanic

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Trying to decide if I should lump on Ba anytime at evens if he starts. Don't like doing massive bets :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

I hope we're not all aboard the HMS Titanic

what time is this game on at please

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

rossit wrote: »
    what time is this game on at please

63 mins gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Double
    Chelsea 5/6
    Arsenal v West Ham Over 3.5 Cards 5/6

One bet that really stands out for me in the French Cup:
    Le Poiré Sur Vie (3rd division) @ 1.78 (vs Minguettes Venissieux - 5th division)

---

Sorry about that :( They dominated especially in the 2nd half but were extremely wasteful :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭Smithwicks Man

AFCON - Niger vs DR Congo

Dieumerci Mbokani to score anytime - 2/1
    Dieumerci Mbokani to score 2 or more - 14/1
    Dieumerci Mbokani to score a hat trick - 80/1

Very good goalscorer and his record for Anderlecht speaks for itself. There is value in the anytime bet imo and I'm only following it up with small stakes on the other 2 for interest.

Placed the bets earlier on @ 17/10 , 10/1 and 40/1 with Paddypower (Best odds at the time) but I'm slightly worried now that they have drifted elsewhere :confused:

Definitely worth a punt @ 2/1 tomorrow after he's confirmed in the starting 11.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dieumerci_Mbokani His record is quite good and Niger are quite poor. Also, he's their penalty taker and there's been quite a few in the AFCON this year, as usual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭FlawedGenius

Bradford and Swansea to make the final 7/5 €20 on

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Treble for tomorrow

Arsenal
    Valencia +1
    Roma v Inter under 3.5

@3.8/1 (pp)

Cha Ching!

This discussion has been closed.