Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sean O'Rourke Today Show

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

mikom wrote: »
    Another one that won't be travelling for a while........
    I hope life means life. He's a menace that fella, and he has been for years, the whole of Sligo town knows it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,068 ✭✭✭✭neris

I hope life means life. He's a menace that fella, and he has been for years, the whole of Sligo town knows it.

this is ireland he,ll probably be out in a few years while someone who smashed a window in after a few pints serves out their full sentence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

neris wrote: »
    this is ireland he,ll probably be out in a few years while someone who smashed a window in after a few pints serves out their full sentence

when has that ever happened, the latter part?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭touts

Not a hope. He'll be out prowling the lanes of rural Ireland within 10 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

I imagine SO'R breathed a sigh of relief when he finished his interview with Michael Smurfit; "Thank God that's over.".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

I imagine SO'R breathed a sigh of relief when he finished his interview with Michael Smurfit; "Thank God that's over.".

He's probably not the easiest person to interview but I found listening to him quite interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭DownBeaten

I laughed out loud at the part where he joked about never giving bribes to people in Russia. SO'R should have reminded him of his links to CJH & FF.

DownBeaten wrote: »
    ... SO'R should have reminded him of his links to CJH & FF.
    He did. I know that the tone of the interview was fairly flat, rather close to the quality of dead air, but I'm surprised that you didn't hear CJH getting more than a passing mention.

Regina Doherty speaking for the Government says "Why would Martin Callinan have retired if he didn't do something wrong".

I'd say Enda Kenny is repeatedly hitting his head off his desk about now! It's certainly the last time Regina will be left near a microphone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Something really good came out of that community and what do they do to him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ah sure us women will all tie ourselves to the kitchen sink, barefoot and pregnant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

I wonder did Valerie Cox have a root through the rubbish at Windsor Castle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Fecking hard to listen to this. I don't see why a whole morning of 'current affairs' is taken up with this. It's Derek Mooney (perish the thought) territory.
    BBC is more concerned with the baby down under and Oscar Pistorius btw, our sense of the importance of this is overdone to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Keelin Shanley filling in for Sean. I think she is a very good "sub" to have. Both are strong presenters.

Yea. It helps that she's not trying to use it to pre-record slots for her own show like Myles used to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

settled people cause a lot more problems than travellers??????

have 29% of the settled community gone through the prison system?

Apologies if it is elsewhere stated, but where did you get that figure from? Do the prisons get that info?

From reading a court case in the papers how do people know Joe Bloggs is a Traveller? It is not always stated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,588 ✭✭✭✭L1011

bobbyss wrote: »
    Apologies if it is elsewhere stated, but where did you get that figure from? Do the prisons get that info?

They would, whether they publish it I don't know.
    From reading a court case in the papers how do people know Joe Bloggs is a Traveller? It is not always stated.

Limited set of surnames + "of X Halting Site" address generally does it in my local rag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

There was on thing in particular that the sick kids asked for as well...

"DONT LET THAT BLOODY OBNOXIOUS FOGHORN BACK ON TO THE WARD AGAIN OR I WILL JUMP OUT THE WINDOW.. "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Ah yes, haven't heard her in a while - Marie-Louise why-use-one-word-when-you-can-use-twenty-three O'Donnell.

She sounded relatively sane today, for once.

But it's NOT OMBUDSWOMAN :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,263 ✭✭✭bobbyss

MYOB wrote: »
    They would, whether they publish it I don't know.

Limited set of surnames + "of X Halting Site" address generally does it in my local rag.

The media might report say (for example) John Ward from Donegal murdered Tom Ward. No address. No mention of being a Traveller. So we do not know a Traveller was involved.

If a Pole committed a serious crime, is it right that his/her nationality be given?

Thanks for your response.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    Ah yes, haven't heard her in a while - Marie-Louise why-use-one-word-when-you-can-use-twenty-three O'Donnell.

She sounded relatively sane today, for once.

But it's NOT OMBUDSWOMAN :mad:

Maybe she might have been listening to Oilver Callan's piss-take of her on Callan's Kicks on Friday night? We can but hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,588 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The media might report say (for example) John Ward from Donegal murdered Tom Ward. No address. No mention of being a Traveller. So we do not know a Traveller was involved.

If a Pole committed a serious crime, is it right that his/her nationality be given?

Thanks for your response.

Its far more common that they'd say Tom Ward, of 123 Fake Street, Dunkineely murdered Tom Ward though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

John Kelly - another man who's ripe for a piss-take. I wonder if he travelled into the Radio Centre on his unicycle this morning?

John Kelly - another man who's ripe for a piss-take. I wonder if he travelled into the Radio Centre on his unicycle this morning?

It's sounds like a load of rubbish.. "A Dublin Bay Prawn didnt explode in his mouth" ... Sounds like the sort of stuff you would write for a Secondary School essay..

Is Sean going to give him the whole half hour to talk himself up... There is NO success story in NAMA, unless you are actually working for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Paul Kimmage doesn't give a toss about making enemies of people in the course of his work.

We need more journalists like him.

God Paul Kimmage is an angry man. He is totally consumed by doping in cycling and is really angry at everyone in the sport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,303 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The crucifixion of MLOD!

Kidding.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

I think she fancies Jesus. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,548 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Did Plastic Sheeting actually say "dual cabbageway" just there :confused:

:D

Happyman42 wrote: »
    I think she fancies Jesus. :)

That's Blasphemy. M'Lady loves us all equally. It's Jesus that fancies M'Lady.

TV celeb Donal Skeehan has published another book of recepies from a real chef and actually crediting them this time. Theodora Fitzgibbon's estate must have eagle eyed lawyers.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,784 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Lapin wrote: »
    Paul Kimmage doesn't give a toss about making enemies of people in the course of his work.

We need more journalists like him.

I was surprised McQuaid agreed to engage directly with him, he was always going to be on a hiding to nothing.

Nothing really left to be said about doping in cycling, and you will always look foolish trying to defend it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

touts wrote: »
    TV celeb Donal Skeehan has published another book of recepies from a real chef and actually crediting them this time. Theodora Fitzgibbon's estate must have eagle eyed lawyers.......

Does said Boyband Chef have form in that area, then?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Why has Sean imposed Mary Hannafin on us this morning?

She's slowly becoming the new Mary O'Rourke

Noticeable increase in media appearances, I wish he'd ask her about her mother suing the taxpayer over a 'slip' in Leinster House

Sick of this idiot, she's a dinosaur , her views on education and our education system reflect her antiquated ways.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable stuff from RTE.. Giving Mary Hanafin a half hour to talk herself up, like an old champion boxer reminiscing about winning old fights.. No talk of the fact that she was a Minister in a Government that nearly destroyed the country. This is a very obvious and cynical attempt to "remind" the electorate of how great she is before putting herself forward for election again, either for Europe or the Dáil..

Maybe RTE should commission a full documentary about Mary Hanafin called "When We Was Great".

my friend wrote: »
    Why has Sean imposed Mary Hannafin on us this morning?

You beat me to it... Maybe we should take it in turns.. :)

You beat me to it... Maybe we should take it in turns.. :)

She is soooooooo full of herself, this is almost pee Flynn 'esqe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

Couldn't agree more. She is full of little anecdotes that paint herself in glowing terms, while, of course..."not taking any credit etc etc..." . She is the Twink of the political world......obnoxious.:eek:

I wonder will RTE give all of the independents that will be running against Hanafin a half hour prime time radio to talk themselves up before the election.. And what exactly happens to Hanafin's 140k a year pension, I presume given the way FF ran things, that she keeps that tax free and just adds whatever else she gets on top of it. . ?

It'll be a while before you hear that level of conceit and self indulgence on the radio again... You'll have to wait until half one at least.. :pac:

JoeDuffy.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Roger_007 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. She is full of little anecdotes that paint herself in glowing terms, while, of course..."not taking any credit etc etc..." . She is the Twink of the political world......obnoxious.:eek:

Hopefully the electorate will think differently if she stands for election...

wtf? Ronan Collins at 11am!! What was the point in bringing Sean O'Rourke in for an hour.. ? I dont think RTE thought this one through.. Right now you will hear the sound of everybody in the country (including me) switching their radios over to Pat Kenny..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,886 ✭✭✭✭Roger_007

signostic wrote: »
    Hopefully the electorate will think differently if she stands for election...

I don't have much faith in the Irish electorate. They keep on voting for Gombeens, Del-boys and Del-girls. Then they wonder why it all goes wrong. :eek:

Noticeable increase in media appearances, I wish he'd ask her about her mother suing the taxpayer over a 'slip' in Leinster House

You couldnt write some of this stuff..
    The claim arose nearly four years after Mary Hanafin, then the minister for education, hit out at an emerging compensation culture in Irish schools. "Children will run, children will fall and children will hurt themselves," said Ms Hanafin, who is now the Minister for Social Welfare. It was "ludicrous" that some schools were introducing no-running policies in the playground due to fear of litigation, she added.

wtf? Ronan Collins at 11am!! What was the point in bringing Sean O'Rourke in for an hour.. ? I dont think RTE thought this one through.. Right now you will hear the sound of everybody in the country (including me) switching their radios over to Pat Kenny..

I reckon the ne'er do well Murray flaked on them this morning... Sean was probably in early preparing and jumped into the chair when It became apparent that Murray was welded under the quilt

I reckon the ne'er do well Murray flaked on them this morning... Sean was probably in early preparing and jumped into the chair when It became apparent that Murray was welded under the quilt
    While I don't think RTÉ get everything right, that really is a preposterous suggestion. A quick glance at the radio schedule would tell you that this morning's programme sequence was just as planned.

While I don't think RTÉ get everything right, that really is a preposterous suggestion. A quick glance at the radio schedule would tell you that this morning's programme sequence was just as planned.

I'm looking to prove my creative side, might line me up for the cnuas

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Agree there, bit pointless shunting out rubbish which just doesn't stack up.

EVERY,I say again,EVERY Bank Holiday Mon. The 1000 show starts at nine finishes at 1100.

Since God was a child.

So what that poster was on about, no idea, epic fail and stupid in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Callan57

It would surely only be fair that every candidate running in the same constituency as Ms Hanafin (assuming she gets a nomination) be given the same prime time treatment she was given this morning. IMO it was absolutely disgraceful special treatment afforded to someone who was a significant member of the government that destroyed this country and still has the arrogance to walk away with her substantial pension .. now she actually thinks she should be given a chance to do it all again! Brass neck or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭Evan DietrichSmith

Callan57 wrote: »
    It would surely only be fair that every candidate running in the same constituency as Ms Hanafin (assuming she gets a nomination) be given the same prime time treatment she was given this morning. IMO it was absolutely disgraceful special treatment afforded to someone who was a significant member of the government that destroyed this country and still has the arrogance to walk away with her substantial pension .. now she actually thinks she should be given a chance to do it all again! Brass neck or what?

The bigger idiots will be the ones who vote for her.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement