Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IEC Canada 2014

Options
  • 11-03-2014 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi just looking for info on apllication process for IEC working visa in Canada.. is garda clearance/vetting needed as pary of essential documents? Along with passport n cv... new to all this any help would be mucho appriated ðŸ˜

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kquinn

I'm in the same boat here. It doesn't make it clear online but I'd say you're gonna need it sooner or later. It's valid for three months so best to get it now and have everything ready

• Registered Users Posts: 2 kelly.t

kquinn wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat here. It doesn't make it clear online but I'd say you're gonna need it sooner or later. It's valid for three months so best to get it now and have everything ready

Yeah that's what I was thinking can't hurt to have it ready. I missed out on first time offers so hoping to have better luck next round? There is a expo in Dublin next Saturday for Canadian job offers.
    Any idea how visa first works? Do they go through same process for visas?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Shel_b23

kelly.t wrote: »
    Yeah that's what I was thinking can't hurt to have it ready. I missed out on first time offers so hoping to have better luck next round? There is a expo in Dublin next Saturday for Canadian job offers.
    Any idea how visa first works? Do they go through same process for visas?

I got my place in the quota first round, i applied for my police certificate a few weeks ago and got it in the post yesterday, the gaurd in the station told me it was quicker to do it through email but i would rather go through the post just so you dont have to copy all your documents..
    I THINK if you get offered a job at the expo (which everyone will be at!) you can apply for the young professionals once you have a letter from the employer, BUT i think you have to stay working for them for the 2 years your over there, im not sure though!
    Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Gill_71

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the Point of Entry confirmation at stage 2? I sent off all the information needed 2 weeks ago and I have travel booked for next month. If there was a problem with my application would I know by now?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2 canadavisa

I have completed my application for Working holiday visa for Canada and it has been approved. However, I still have not received my Port of Entry letter on myCIC and it has been a week. Is this a problem? Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 shox000

Hi everybody.

So I have my acceptance letter and all is sorted, just need to organize insurance and flights. I'm hoping to make the move over in about 5/6 weeks.

But my question is this; can I freely enter the US while I'm over in Canada?? Not for extended periods of time, like a week here and there... This may be a silly question, but clarification would be appreciated!

THANKS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shox000

.... I just got found out you CAN enter the US with the Canadian visa. You can get a 3 month temp. visa at the boarder.

Advertisement