Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post-Pregnancy Moan Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭Betsie_xr3i

My little lady is 1week old today feel like she has always been here she fits into our family perfectly :-D

I got a mad notion today when my eldest was at a birthday party to sort out her toys and tidy our spare room which is a handy dumping ground just lock the door and the mess is not there, paying for it now though back and leg killing me xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Thanks girls...great when you can talk to the pros and other girls who have gobe through or are going through the same thing! I was a worry wart through pregnancy so just hormonal and a bit fragile still when it comes to worrying and getting worked up! Cant wait unt I can run around the place again and make the most of the three of us having fun:-)

It's all worth it in the end smokey x once your better you will forgot all about it x

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭contrary_mary

dustie1 wrote: »
    Hi guys! Delighted to have a post-pregnancy moan thread!! I didnt bleed very much after the baby, I had a c-section but within 5 days the lochia was almost gone and a panty liner would have been adequate. Dont think my consultant believed me when I told him the 5 days.. but then again I got a period at wk 4-5 after the baby.

Did any of ye have the 6week check up? I did and Consultant wasnt recommending I go back on the pill as yet due to other blood pressure medications etc. He did ask if I'd thought about more kids and that better to get pregnant again early than leave it too late!! I'm only 31 but that scared me. I did have a bad pregnancy and agree that shouldnt have like 5 yrs between babies.. Baby currently has reflux and a sibling for her is last thing on my mind!

I had a section and it was 5 weeks before I was totally clear! You were lucky! I'm due in for my 6-week check today and I'm older than you so I'll be interested to see if the doctor mentions anything about future pregnancies. I'm definitely taking a year or two off - it's been a long few years of ttc and miscarriages for us so I need a break from the rollercoaster. Time probably isn't on my side but if we just have the one so be it. No sign of my period back yet after nearly 7 weeks but I'm exclusively breastfeeding so it will probably be another while!

My only real moan is exhaustion! This boy is showing no sign of stretching the feeds out - it's still every 2 hours so I'm only getting an hours sleep here and there. On the plus side he's piling on the weight and seems happy so it's all worth it - more sleep would be heavenly though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

My hair is starting to fall out :(.

• Advertisement

Oh no sligo :-(

I'm an emotional wreck today girls hubby went back to work after the baby. I know I'll be fine but I really liked having him at home with me xx

I'm an emotional wreck today girls hubby went back to work after the baby. I know I'll be fine but I really liked having him at home with me xx

Ah sorry to hear sligo:-(

Betsie sorry your hubby has to go back...it's so tough:-( we're incredibly lucky as my other half is a primary school teacher so we have until September, don't know how Id cope without him. I feel very sorry for dads not getting bigger leave to be with their other halves and new babas:-(

God your so lucky smokey my hubby had to use holidays just to have time he was upset going back to work today too xx

My 2little ladies are keeping me busy anyway xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Having a bath every day will help not get infected and will help with the dreaded piles aswell especially if you put a little Epsom salts in (as long as you don't still have stitches).

I dunno if the advice changed on this recently How Strange.. I was told the smae after baby one alright, but after baby 2 they said to not have baths as sitting in dirty water wasn't too good, and to use showerhead to clean instead.

Anyway, my moan is still hairloss. Coming out in handfulls still... 17 weeks later. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I'm with ye on the hair loss.. Had to change the way I part my hair thanks to a bauld spot... Oh the joys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Karmella

Hi ladies, I was just having a nose in here to remind myself what's ahead of me (10 weeks to go) and I had completely forgotten about the hair shedding!! I swear I could have sold the hair that fell out last time to a wig factory!!! It was unreal.

Aw betsie, I hope ur feeling a bit better this evening. It's so nice when the OH are at home with us initially and it's horrible when they have to go back.

Yeah sligo I'm. Much better now that he is home :-)

Was tough when he left 1st but have to get on with it when you have 2 to look after xx

The 1st day is the hardest xx

Yeah sligo I'm. Much better now that he is home :-)

Was tough when he left 1st but have to get on with it when you have 2 to look after xx

The 1st day is the hardest xx

Totally agree! How old is ur eldest? I have a 16 week old and a 19month old. I was absolutely dreading being left on my own with the 2 of them and didnt know how I was going to be able to manage. Got myself into an awful state thinking about it. But the first day I was left ended up being grand. I just made a plan and stuck to it and that's what works for us. Usually too busy to even think about missing OH now and to busy to even wonder if I'm managing or not! Lol. It so great when he comes home from work tho... I can kinda relax then :)

Eldest is 23months and youngest is 9days :-D. Was dreading today even before I had her but look it's done now and we survived haha x

Eldest is 23months and youngest is 9days :-D. Was dreading today even before I had her but look it's done now and we survived haha x

O my, congratulations!! It's very busy with a toddler and newborn isn't it! I was totally like you tho... Dreading the first day i was going to be on my own before she was born. Lol. Once that first day is over you know ur able to manage just fine tho! And that's a massive achievement in itself. Have a nice eve with ur OH now :)... If baba lets you of course...

Yeah its very busy alright but so worth every second of it :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Ive the same age gap. Its nice . Not too hard but kept busy once yiu get in to a routine. OH also went back to work when baba was 8 days old and i was dreading it too but was fine. The first time i went out on my own with the 2 was hard though. Took ages to get sorted and out and i felt sick every time i went out on my own with them for ages. Now nearly 16 weeks later have it all down to a T. Its grand. Congrats btw. Oh i had an infection too and was in to the docs twice a week for about 2 weeks so had to get MIL to watch them the first day OH went back to work . I was dreading that too but was only gobe half hour so was grand.

Suucee wrote: »
    Ive the same age gap. Its nice . Not too hard but kept busy once yiu get in to a routine. OH also went back to work when baba was 8 days old and i was dreading it too but was fine. The first time i went out on my own with the 2 was hard though. Took ages to get sorted and out and i felt sick every time i went out on my own with them for ages. Now nearly 16 weeks later have it all down to a T. Its grand. Congrats btw. Oh i had an infection too and was in to the docs twice a week for about 2 weeks so had to get MIL to watch them the first day OH went back to work . I was dreading that too but was only gobe half hour so was grand.

Thanks suucee it's a lovely age gap I think anyway xx I made a point of going out on my own with the 2of them before hubby went back to work I knew he could come rescue me if I needed it but got on fine it did take us about an hour and half to get out of the house but got on ok xx haven't gone anywhere since he went back I will though :-D eventually haha

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

the wee man is 11 weeks now, i am more tired now then when he was a newborn and now my hair has started to fall out :(

i am frikken exhausted

• Advertisement

I was exhausted with my little lad when he was born.. He didn't nap more than 20 mins at a time and woke every 2-3 hours at night.. He outgrew it at about 6 months. Then his sister arrived I had it in my head by Christmas she'll sleep all night but she started at 3 weeks and naps during the day and for some reason I'd still love a nap myself during the day..

My moan is 2 babies teething and one has a really sore bum.. Won't let me change him

So tired today was 1am before baby settled last night I didn't get to sleep till 2am and she woke again for a feed at 3.15am didn't settle till 4.30 and my eldest woke at 6.15 fit for the bed is an understatement roll on 6.30pm till daddy comes home :-D

Ah you poor things, we're very lucky with the little man that he's a good sleeper but even with decent-ish sleep and taking turns for the night feeds we're both still knackered!!

My moan is still the blood, fecking driving me mad. Realised now my version of heavy isn't actually heavy but it's all over the shop, hardly anything one day or over night then browny, or coral or if (tmi) if need to use the bathroom it can go bright red or if I seem to do anything outside the house it goes bright pink or coral:(

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭dustie1

My moan is back pain.. I thought once the pregnancy was over it would disappear... how naive I am, as I'm now carrying a heavier baby in my arms. LO is very hard to burp and walking her around and bouncing is the only thing that works.. and sometimes can take an hour!! Have her on fennel now and seeing a bit of an improvement

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

dustie1 wrote: »
    My moan is back pain.. I thought once the pregnancy was over it would disappear... how naive I am, as I'm now carrying a heavier baby in my arms. LO is very hard to burp and walking her around and bouncing is the only thing that works.. and sometimes can take an hour!! Have her on fennel now and seeing a bit of an improvement

OH I was the same with spd. Baba is nearly 16 weeks and I was only discharged from physio last week . If you have a clingy baba id definitely recommend a sling. It evens out the weight so much more and actually helps your back. Also be careful with the car seat. I was carrying my baba in it when he was 3 weeks old and popped my pelvis out of place. I don't think ive carried it since and only lifted it a handful of times. Just too big and heavy.

My moan today is visitors, the 1st arrived at 11this morning and the last left just after 10tonight I am exhausted :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My moan today is visitors, the 1st arrived at 11this morning and the last left just after 10tonight I am exhausted :-(

Jaysus! That's a bit much.

Today's moan is my immune system is taking a while to build back up. They told me in hospital my reserves of everything were down low, but I've picked up a cold and a tummy bug this week so far. Boo. As long as the smallies don't get them though I'm happy enough.

pwurple wrote: »
    Jaysus! That's a bit much.

Today's moan is my immune system is taking a while to build back up. They told me in hospital my reserves of everything were down low, but I've picked up a cold and a tummy bug this week so far. Boo. As long as the smallies don't get them though I'm happy enough.

Oh was bad alright when do the visitors end :-(

God you poor thing pwurple not easy looking after kids when your not 100% hope you have some help xx

I've a cold aswell pwurple! And a sure throat. Wrecked!

Betsie there's no way I woulda been up for visitors all day like that! You must be exhausted.

My moan... Well apart from my sore throat and generally feeling like sh*t... I'm so over night feeds! Just gotten worse now with 4 month growth spurt... OMG... I can't believe she's 4 months!

• Advertisement

My first was torture at 4 months.. Waiting to see with the second..

My moan is lunch with MIL.. See if she asked hubby we wouldn't be going but now its me she rings and texts.. Grrrr

Advertisement