Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

Advice on Photographer Issue

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 donnapuppy

Yeah we have a disc with our photos on it and he said they are high res so at least we have something.
    The staff at the small claims court were so helpful and really easy to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Mandyd2014

Oh I can't believe I didnt Google his name before I booked him..we are in same position here.no album picked photos 5months ago he's been dragging heels for months and now has stopped responding completely last resort plan now is to stay outside his house until he refunds my money did all of ye get sorted eventually with albums/refunds??

Unfortunately not Mandy. We were supposed to get monthly payments from him as per agreement with the County Sheriff, he paid the first installment and nothing since, 3 months ago now. The Sheriff said there are other cases against him going through the small claims court at present. I'm just waiting for him to file for bankruptcy. I'm not very hopeful about getting money back.

God that's shocking Donna to think he is still been allowed to do this to people and basically get away with it his family must be so ashamed of him what a complete embarrassment of a husband/father

• Registered Users Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭dazberry

A week after I last posted here I managed to get in touch with him and he claimed he was on sick leave (from his own business?????) and that he was up in Dublin for tests a couple of days that week but would have our proofs by the end of the week - so that would have been around the end of August or early September. I tried to impart with him that my email and phone aren't one way, and so would love to have some good news here but I've heard nothing since.

My wife is from Thurles so it wasn't as if we picked him randomly out of the yellow pages - her mother knows his wife for instance so when I initially talked about taking legal action a fair while back my wife was reluctant. But at this point all avenues are exhausted and it's the only road left at this stage. We haven't got that ball rolling yet but very soon we'll be joining that small claims queue...

D.

• Advertisement

Sad man can you only imagine the name he has for himself now people talking about him, he will leave a great legacy for his family, I dont know how you could look at him daily let alone live with him #embarrassing

dazberry wrote: »
    A week after I last posted here I managed to get in touch with him and he claimed he was on sick leave (from his own business?????) and that he was up in Dublin for tests a couple of days that week but would have our proofs by the end of the week - so that would have been around the end of August or early September. I tried to impart with him that my email and phone aren't one way, and so would love to have some good news here but I've heard nothing since.

My wife is from Thurles so it wasn't as if we picked him randomly out of the yellow pages - her mother knows his wife for instance so when I initially talked about taking legal action a fair while back my wife was reluctant. But at this point all avenues are exhausted and it's the only road left at this stage. We haven't got that ball rolling yet but very soon we'll be joining that small claims queue...

D.

We were told he had a heart attack then his brother was terminally ill and he told the sherif last week that he was in hospital and that's why payment hasn't been made. I saw on a post on weddings online a while back he told a couple he had cancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭Gatica

Maybe he should stop taking bookings he can't fulfil... It's not the couples' faults that he got ill. It's a shame that he's sick, but still, that's not the world's fault so he should stop taking it out like that on other people that have done nothing to him...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mancescu

Hi there, we are in the same situation, paid Pat in three instalments, the last one on the day of our wedding and signed a contract too. Two years later and no album. Got the cd but nothing else. Been actively trying to contact Pat for over a year and have no albums. Managed to speak with him two months ago, he told me that he had cancer but would send me pdf files of my pics within two weeks. Two months later and I still haven't heard from him. Of course I totally backed off because the man says he has cancer, I didn't want to put a sick man under pressure. But I'm after finding all these negative threads about him and am now questionning whether he is actually sick. I'm thinking maybe we should go small claims route too. He really needs to face up to what he's been doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Mancescu wrote: »
    Hi there, we are in the same situation, paid Pat in three instalments, the last one on the day of our wedding and signed a contract too. Two years later and no album. Got the cd but nothing else. Been actively trying to contact Pat for over a year and have no albums. Managed to speak with him two months ago, he told me that he had cancer but would send me pdf files of my pics within two weeks. Two months later and I still haven't heard from him. Of course I totally backed off because the man says he has cancer, I didn't want to put a sick man under pressure. But I'm after finding all these negative threads about him and am now questionning whether he is actually sick. I'm thinking maybe we should go small claims route too. He really needs to face up to what he's been doing.

Dya know, he may have cancer, to be honest I couldn't give two..... If he does, it's funny how he can still manage to click his camera on the day to get the full financial commitment of his victims...... If he doesn't, then he is truly the miserable prick I suspect he is and may he burn in hell for using an illness that affects countless families to get sympathy and continue his terrible scamming of couples on the most important day of their lives

• Advertisement

Hi you just need to ring small claims court in clonmel they will send you out forms and they will go from there, you will be case no4 in line I'm no3 and there's 2 more aswell, he is a horrible horrible man and regardless of cancer or not it's just been used as an excuse so people will back off even if he does have it he is still doing weddings and well able to take money. He has his own Facebook page which is public and is always sharing jokes on it so he can't be too down and out and is also on the thurles Lions club Facebook page grown a beard for Movember so there's **** all too wrong with that man..get your claim in quickly it's jim Redmond you are looking for lovely man so fingers crossed for you too

I may be going over old ground but again I'm delighted for this forum, if it saves one victim then I'm happy. As i look across at the canvas on our wall, it's renewed my vigour so it's time to chase the ippa on this scam artist

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Mancescu

I'll be case number 4 alright! Thanks a million for the advice. I'm not letting him away with this. Movember eh?.....and still doing weddings....Words escape me.....Shame on this man....what a vulture. I'll contact the small claims court on Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Haven't read the full thread but just last few pages. So sorry to hear the hassle with photographer. Spoils what should be very important time. I almost burst when mine arrived!
    Just to let ye know that my photographer arranged mine for me as a massive favour, as it wasn't agreed in original price, but she used photobooks.ie. I could have done this myself ie: loading up photos from CD and arranging page by page but Sarah did all for me. I previewed it before purchase and then I paid for the album (as again this want included in original price). It cost €180 and can't tell you how delighted I am with it.
    Would this be an option for any of ye? It really looks the biz. Leather bound and 144 pages (yes 144 pages!) of memories

heldel00 wrote: »
    Haven't read the full thread but just last few pages. So sorry to hear the hassle with photographer. Spoils what should be very important time. I almost burst when mine arrived!
    Just to let ye know that my photographer arranged mine for me as a massive favour, as it wasn't agreed in original price, but she used photobooks.ie. I could have done this myself ie: loading up photos from CD and arranging page by page but Sarah did all for me. I previewed it before purchase and then I paid for the album (as again this want included in original price). It cost €180 and can't tell you how delighted I am with it.
    Would this be an option for any of ye? It really looks the biz. Leather bound and 144 pages (yes 144 pages!) of memories

We went down a similar route with ours. If you know someone who is handy with computers and has a good eye for design (being able to work with photoshop or similar is handy for touching up) then you can get a great album. I did ours via myphotobook and the only regret is that I misunderstood the centre binding (ie I wanted lay flat) but no one ever even commented on it til I mentioned that's how I was laying it out.
    There are lots of companies out there though that will offer equal or better than Pat McCoole tries to seal the deal with

Mancescu wrote: »
    I'll be case number 4 alright! Thanks a million for the advice. I'm not letting him away with this. Movember eh?.....and still doing weddings....Words escape me.....Shame on this man....what a vulture. I'll contact the small claims court on Monday.

Great to hear you won't let him away with it and hopefully he never works as a photographer again

I may be going over old ground but again I'm delighted for this forum, if it saves one victim then I'm happy. As i look across at the canvas on our wall, it's renewed my vigour so it's time to chase the ippa on this scam artist

Johnny I had lodged a complaint with IPPA and they wrote to him he promised my album was ordered but it was a pure lie, as a result they have now thrown him out of their association so small little victory for me anyway

heldel00 wrote: »

Thanks for letting us know and will look into it, I'm so mad cause the only reason I picked this photographer was because I loved the albums.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭pooch90

On that note,if you keep an eye on Groupon they always have photobooks on offer,I have bought numerous ones for Printerpix they do a nice leather bound one,think it's called the Valentino. You can always add extra pages to the one on offer too.

I feel so bad for you all,our photographer was great, he had our digital files ready within the month. Hope you all get some sort of satisfaction,though it will always leave a bad taste in your mouth. If he really is lying about being sick, he is a scumbag.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

The good thing about doing it via photobook.ie is that you are not limited to how many pics you can choose. Mine is absolutely packed. Some pages have one big/ two portrait style/ 20 little ones on the page etc. every time I look at it I spot something different.
    Don't let him/ the experience spoil any more of what I'm sure was a fabulous day for you all x

• Advertisement

Haha Mandy glad to see you're doing as much stalking as me. I was tempted to message the Lions club on Facebook and ask them could they organise a fundraiser for all the couples Pat has screwed over.
    I may be wrong but I don't think he is sick. If he is he is sick he is very unfortunate to have had a heart attack, Cancer and a terminally ill brother in one year. It's possible, but what's to stop him from apologising for the delay and responding to our call and emails and explaining the situation.
    I have been in contact with the Irish Professional Photographers Association and he has been kicked out due to numerous complaints- I don't think he would have been kicked out if he was sick.
    As I've said before we are in contact with him via the sherif and I'm sure if he had cancer he would have told the sherif this. I spoke with the sherif yesterday and he had spoken to Pat who promises to have our next cheque at the start of December. I won't hold my breath.
    I saw photos on theknot.com of a wedding he did recently so no doubt there will be a few more joining this board soon.

Also tellatale photography in o Connell St Clonmel will do a photo book for €88 and it's really lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭pooch90

pooch90 wrote: »
    On that note,if you keep an eye on Groupon they always have photobooks on offer,I have bought numerous ones for Printerpix they do a nice leather bound one,think it's called the Valentino. You can always add extra pages to the one on offer too.

On sale now actually
    http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-printerpix-ie-1-37/50155780?p=4&nlp=&CID=IE_CRM_1_0_0_331&a=1676&utm_source=channel_goods&utm_medium=email&sid=90987787-fe56-4331-8de7-200d7e6dfe20&division=national-deals&uh=22083221-b75e-4fa9-94fc-9c080db5323a&date=20142711&sender=rm&s=body&c=deal_title&d=deal-page&utm_campaign=gg-printerpix-ie-1-37-50155780

Just to update ye again McCoole has failed to make any of the agreed payments in 4 months, Sheriff seems slow to pursue him further and McCoole doesn't respond to calls but he is calling to his house tomorrow to again try get us some money back.
    Just wondering does anyone know what happens next, if he doesn't pay us back what options do we have? Has anyone spoken to a solicitor about this?

donnapuppy wrote: »
    Just to update ye again McCoole has failed to make any of the agreed payments in 4 months, Sheriff seems slow to pursue him further and McCoole doesn't respond to calls but he is calling to his house tomorrow to again try get us some money back.
    Just wondering does anyone know what happens next, if he doesn't pay us back what options do we have? Has anyone spoken to a solicitor about this?

Hi Donna thanks for update, we have lodged a small claims against him aswell can't believe the sheriff won't act appropriately on this and take the next step..my husbands grandmother
    Meet him in thurles one day and approached him about it and he said oh I'm definitely getting theirs sorted for them

Mandyd2014 wrote: »
    Hi Donna thanks for update, we have lodged a small claims against him aswell can't believe the sheriff won't act appropriately on this and take the next step..my husbands grandmother
    Meet him in thurles one day and approached him about it and he said oh I'm definitely getting theirs sorted for them

Hey Mandy
    just wondering have ye gotten any further with him?

Advertisement